FEATURED Morning Pops!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Brother, you have every right to feel this way. It would actually be weird if you didn't. I have some experience with this subject and many people kind of treat it as an "oh well, it's just a mistake" thing. It doesn't mean the kid should be condemned for eternity, but the day after? Nothing personal, but I would assume a mom would get that.
I agree. She's always proclaiming herself a "mama bear", who's so protective of her kids.

I didn't want to give my brother any headaches, so I refrain from telling her she's too concerned about being her daughter's friend, and not concerned enough about being her mother.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I agree. She's always proclaiming herself a "mama bear", who's so protective of her kids.

I didn't want to give my brother any headaches, so I refrain from telling her she's too concerned about being her daughter's friend, and not concerned enough about being her mother.
Ugh, I feel your pain. It's frustrating to see the friend before parent scenario. Might be generational, I dunno. I do know that if my sister's BF wrecked after drinking my pops would have showed up with a bat to "talk it over."
And, my parents were NOT our friends, lol. Not until we lived on our own. I think that's the issue. Parents these days don't prepare their kids to live on their own and survive real life.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning Pops...Well okay, ya got me. It's not morning anymore.

Still trying to figure out why my niece and her mother got mad at me for being pissed at my niece's boyfriend, after he drove drunk and crashed into a telephone pole, with my niece in the friggin' car.

They invited me over on Saturday (the day after the accident) but I told them it was too soon for me to be anywhere near the boy. They act like I'm supposed to assume it's not his fault he was driving drunk, WITH MY NIECE IN THE CAR.
There are just some mistakes people don't get a do over on and if that were my daughter, she would not be getting into his car again without a breathalyzer attached to it.

If my father-in-law had known the danger I put his daughter in being stupid about driving under the influence, he would have forbidden her to continue seeing me and she would have obeyed and he would have been right. Bad enough back then, we didn't not have all of the information we do now and I was a very stupid young man.

But now, I won't even consider it unless it were an emergency like running out of liquor. Which is why I have a nice big free standing bar and consider that for the health and safety of others.

Ya know, Runny, if it were me, the next time you are together with him, I would pull him aside but in a very friendly manner, not like how you were feeling Saturday. I would say to him "You ignorant, stupid awesome person sob", ok, that's not friendly manner for you but it is for me. OK, this is what I'd really say. "I want you to take just one minute and think about how you would feel if my niece had been injured or worse and I mean really think about that. Everyone thinks it can't happen to them.....until it does and then the thoughts won't stop coming. That's precious cargo you are carrying when she's in your car and needs to be treated as such".

Cowboys_22

Reaction score

Still trying to figure out why my niece and her mother got mad at me for being pissed at my niece's boyfriend, after he drove drunk and crashed into a telephone pole, with my niece in the friggin' car.

They invited me over on Saturday (the day after the accident) but I told them it was too soon for me to be anywhere near the boy. They act like I'm supposed to assume it's not his fault he was driving drunk, WITH MY NIECE IN THE CAR.

Good afternoon Pops and friends. Your niece might not be so fortunate next time. Her bf needs a good talking to and not in an understanding way ...

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
There are just some mistakes people don't get a do over on and if that were my daughter, she would not be getting into his car again without a breathalyzer attached to it.

If my father-in-law had known the danger I put his daughter in being stupid about driving under the influence, he would have forbidden her to continue seeing me and she would have obeyed and he would have been right. Bad enough back then, we didn't not have all of the information we do now and I was a very stupid young man.

But now, I won't even consider it unless it were an emergency like running out of liquor. Which is why I have a nice big free standing bar and consider that for the health and safety of others.

Ya know, Runny, if it were me, the next time you are together with him, I would pull him aside but in a very friendly manner, not like how you were feeling Saturday. I would say to him "You ignorant, stupid awesome person sob", ok, that's not friendly manner for you but it is for me. OK, this is what I'd really say. "I want you to take just one minute and think about how you would feel if my niece had been injured or worse and I mean really think about that. Everyone thinks it can't happen to them.....until it does and then the thoughts won't stop coming. That's precious cargo you are carrying when she's in your car and needs to be treated as such".
I'm thinking about starting up a liquor delivery service.

Xelda

Reaction score
Afternoon Pops and friends. We've reached page 1000 in the Pops thread! Congratulations are in order to all that have participated. :dance:

Sorry about your crazy relatives, Runny. I don't know what they are thinking, but things could have been a whole lot worse. Your niece needs to be more responsible than to get in a car with a driver that's been drinking. We don't blame you one bit if you feel your shoulder's well enough to knock the crap out of him, go for it! Come back and share the details with us though.

Nice accomplishment on your yard, Colo. It's a shame that grass feels the need to grow back so fast.

Have a great Tuesday everyone.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

righteous indignation

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Believe me, that would be as friendly as I could make it, especially since I hardly know the guy. The only reason I'm considering letting him walk away from me under his own power is that she's taking half the blame, for being drunk and insisting he drive her home. That's not nearly reason enough to put her life in peril, but it's reason enough for me to wait until I calm down, before seeing him. I'm still not sure what will happen then, because I love that girl more than I've ever loved anyone in my life... including my dog....but at least it gives me a chance to keep from doing something to make her hate me.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm thinking about starting up a liquor delivery service.
Ok, you're in the Buffalo area and I am in South Central Tejas so it will take you a while to get here but I can give you the next order when you arrive and invest in your company while I am at it as I will be your most loyal and steady customer. I'll take delivery whether I need it or not.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How do you feel about moving to Coach's neck of the woods? He'd keep you busy, but you'd be in the middle of the heat in Texas. Air conditioning is not a luxury around here. It's a necessity.
I think about that in the real bad heat of the summer, how in the hell would you live through this without AC? That Greatest Generation was also The Sweatiest Generation.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Believe me, that would be as friendly as I could make it, especially since I hardly know the guy. The only reason I'm considering letting him walk away from me under his own power is that she's taking half the blame, for being drunk and insisting he drive her home. That's not nearly reason enough to put her life in peril, but it's reason enough for me to wait until I calm down, before seeing him. I'm still not sure what will happen then, because I love that girl more than I've ever loved anyone in my life... including my dog....but at least it gives me a chance to keep from doing something to make her hate me.
Damn, you start eclipsing dog love, we're getting serious.

Next time you see him tell him "sorry I'm late, was helping a friend dispose of the body. Kept it in this state though, don't want the feds involved again. How are you?"

Ya know, you might try that other approach on her as well with him. "How would you feel if he'd been injured or worse because you insisted on him driving a vehicle while not in shape to do so. I sure hope you two don't care much for each other because you are certainly acting like it".

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I think about that in the real bad heat of the summer, how in the hell would you live through this without AC? That Greatest Generation was also The Sweatiest Generation.
And in the Westerns, everyone's always wearing leather and long sleeves. The hat I can understand, but chaps, when you're not riding a horse through briar patches??? (and why is my computer trying to tell me I misspelled "briar"?)

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Damn, you start eclipsing dog love, we're getting serious.

Next time you see him tell him "sorry I'm late, was helping a friend dispose of the body. Kept it in this state though, don't want the feds involved again. How are you?"

Ya know, you might try that other approach on her as well with him. "How would you feel if he'd been injured or worse because you insisted on him driving a vehicle while not in shape to do so. I sure hope you two don't care much for each other because you are certainly acting like it".
The problem is, I hardly ever see her as it is. She wouldn't think twice about cutting me out of her life completely, if I made her poor little boyfriend feel like he isn't welcome. She already made that pretty clear.

But I did tell her I'm mad at her, because I thought she knew better.

Last edited:

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Good morning Pops and Zoner Friends,

We spent the Memorial Day weekend working in the yard. Replanted the garden (after last week's unseasonal late snow); mowed, fertilized and re-seeded a couple of acres and trimmed trees. You know, there is something quite special about the smell of freshly mowed grass early in the morning.

We also managed to work-in a few hour hike through the mountains.

Sounds great until I tried to get out of bed this morning - more than a few body parts with aches.

:)

Nonetheless, wouldn't trade this feeling for anything.
Evening Pops and everyone.

So jealous of all you folks with yards/lawns to mow, gardens to plant and great outdoors areas... Nothing but rain here for several days and the river... she is a rising. Already at major flood stage and it's not expected to crest until Sunday. If I survive this work week I will venture down a block or so to see how high it gets. My apologies to everyone south of us, although it's not my mood causing all this. If it were me, this rain would be snow:).

GrammaJan

Reaction score
The problem is, I hardly ever see her as it is. She wouldn't think twice about cutting me out of her life completely, if I made her poor little boyfriend feel like he isn't welcome. She already made that pretty clear.

But I did tell her I'm mad at her, because I thought she knew better.
When the booze... Ummm... buzz... (you choose) wears off she'd see what she lost vs. what she held onto. More often than not they come back when they grow up a little. Takes a while for the booze/buzz to wear off and those brain cells to regrow. In my experience it takes a few painful years.

I think I touched on the problems I had with my son in the past. He finally grew out of his stupidity and got himself a job, a house and a family, but not before he missed put on seeing his grandpa pass away... my dad, the one who cared for him while I worked full time, the one who helped raise him. Dad died of cancer in 2008 far too young at 76 and I miss him terribly to this day, but I was there along with my sister, to take care of him and see him through. My son has to live with not being there. Not being able to say goodbye because of stupidity and stupid behavior. It all comes down to choices and what you THINK you can live with.

Keep loving that kid no matter how much you want to shake the life out of her. Let her know, so she knows.

Xelda

Reaction score
Only 50? I still hold a grudge against one of my daughter's ex boyfriends from over 10 years ago. He hit her and left bruises. To this day I swear if I see him and I'm behind the wheel... 'nuf said.
Coming soon to a theater near you INGLORIOUS GRANNIES! Starring @GrammaJan as a woman with a hit list and she's checking it twice! Gonna find that man and run over him thrice. Costarring Geena Davis and Susan Sarandon as her voices of reason.