FEATURED Morning Pops!

Xelda

Reaction score
Afternoon Pops and friends. I forgot to add yesterday that I can't stand Sweet Home Alabama or Free Bird which seems 14 minutes shorter than The English Patient. One time in Florida, I flipped channels while Free Bird was droning on and shocked the Floridian passengers. I was warned about the importance of that song to Florida people. Well certain Louisiana people have no tolerance for long songs they don't enjoy. Ok, looks like I'm grumpy again.

I went to pick some blackberries off the fence today. I planted the bush last year along a fence to share with my neighbors. The bush was full and I gave the berries a couple of days to fully ripen. The neighbors previously known to be in my favor are here by removed from favor after pillaging my side of the bush. I had at least three quarts worth to share and now I have 5 berries that should be ripe next week. I also broke my water fountain and cut my thumb. I've cancelled all yard activities for the rest of the day. Grumpy, grumpy, grumpy!

Here's hoping the rest of you have a good Sunday. If something goes right for you, make sure to take the time to enjoy it, wallow in it and then strut away.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Afternoon Pops and friends. I forgot to add yesterday that I can't stand Sweet Home Alabama or Free Bird which seems 14 minutes shorter than The English Patient. One time in Florida, I flipped channels while Free Bird was droning on and shocked the Floridian passengers. I was warned about the importance of that song to Florida people. Well certain Louisiana people have no tolerance for long songs they don't enjoy. Ok, looks like I'm grumpy again.

I went to pick some blackberries off the fence today. I planted the bush last year along a fence to share with my neighbors. The bush was full and I gave the berries a couple of days to fully ripen. The neighbors previously known to be in my favor are here by removed from favor after pillaging my side of the bush. I had at least three quarts worth to share and now I have 5 berries that should be ripe next week. I also broke my water fountain and cut my thumb. I've cancelled all yard activities for the rest of the day. Grumpy, grumpy, grumpy!

Here's hoping the rest of you have a good Sunday. If something goes right for you, make sure to take the time to enjoy it, wallow in it and then strut away.
I define a good neighbor as one I don't know and won't meet unless being carried out fireman style. I already prequalified them and none own a distillery or winery so they are completely useless.

Xelda

Reaction score
Afternoon Pops and friends. Today is going to be a good day! Yesterday's adventures in the great outdoors left me with a serious(ly tiny bo bo) so I, in my own benevolent way, have generously allowed me time to heal and grow some skin back over my wounded thumb. I feel a celebration coming on. I also found how I want to redo my bedroom. You can't see the TV from this angle, but it's going to be HUGE!
AABZjg2.img

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Time to make the fence bigger.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I define a good neighbor as one I don't know and won't meet unless being carried out fireman style. I already prequalified them and none own a distillery or winery so they are completely useless.
For me, the good neighbors are the ones who immediately point at where the fireworks are coming from, when they see me stomping up the road on a work night.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Afternoon Pops and friends. Today is going to be a good day! Yesterday's adventures in the great outdoors left me with a serious(ly tiny bo bo) so I, in my own benevolent way, have generously allowed me time to heal and grow some skin back over my wounded thumb. I feel a celebration coming on. I also found how I want to redo my bedroom. You can't see the TV from this angle, but it's going to be HUGE!
AABZjg2.img
Hey everyone, slumber party at Xelda's!!

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to all who stop in and visit this thread today. Long weekend behind us, was nice and I'm happy to report that we were able to spend some time with the kids and the Grandkids and just have a nice long weekend, in general. No sports, no internet, not anything other then just hanging out with the family. Was kinda nice.

I hope all of you also enjoyed a nice time. I see Bart Starr died over the weekend. I was sorry to hear about that. Never a Packers fan but you respect people who are able to accomplish things in life and, at the same time, hold standard to a certain amount of Class. I think that was Bart Starr.

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John, Jan, Corso and Colo, I hope you are all having a good start to a short work week!

Everybody, the good news is that we have a short week, that bad news is that we have a short week. Make the most of it!

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good morning Pops and Zoner Friends,

We spent the Memorial Day weekend working in the yard. Replanted the garden (after last week's unseasonal late snow); mowed, fertilized and re-seeded a couple of acres and trimmed trees. You know, there is something quite special about the smell of freshly mowed grass early in the morning.

We also managed to work-in a few hour hike through the mountains.

Sounds great until I tried to get out of bed this morning - more than a few body parts with aches.

:)

Nonetheless, wouldn't trade this feeling for anything.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good morning Pops and Zoner Friends,

We spent the Memorial Day weekend working in the yard. Replanted the garden (after last week's unseasonal late snow); mowed, fertilized and re-seeded a couple of acres and trimmed trees. You know, there is something quite special about the smell of freshly mowed grass early in the morning.

We also managed to work-in a few hour hike through the mountains.

Sounds great until I tried to get out of bed this morning - more than a few body parts with aches.

:)

Nonetheless, wouldn't trade this feeling for anything.
Except a deep tissue massage.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Morning Pops...Well okay, ya got me. It's not morning anymore.

Still trying to figure out why my niece and her mother got mad at me for being pissed at my niece's boyfriend, after he drove drunk and crashed into a telephone pole, with my niece in the friggin' car.

They invited me over on Saturday (the day after the accident) but I told them it was too soon for me to be anywhere near the boy. They act like I'm supposed to assume it's not his fault he was driving drunk, WITH MY NIECE IN THE CAR.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score

Still trying to figure out why my niece and her mother got mad at me for being pissed at my niece's boyfriend, after he drove drunk and crashed into a telephone pole, with my niece in the friggin' car.

They invited me over on Saturday (the day after the accident) but I told them it was too soon for me to be anywhere near the boy. They act like I'm supposed to assume it's not his fault he was driving drunk, WITH MY NIECE IN THE CAR.
Brother, you have every right to feel this way. It would actually be weird if you didn't. I have some experience with this subject and many people kind of treat it as an "oh well, it's just a mistake" thing. It doesn't mean the kid should be condemned for eternity, but the day after? Nothing personal, but I would assume a mom would get that.

kskboys

Reaction score

Let it go.

Sorry, I meant let HIM go as you dangle him over a 50 foot cliff.