Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
:lmao2:
33gzks.jpg

@Xelda

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
Good morning Pops and friends. My dad passed away 10 years ago. He was a hard working man. I look back and I see where he was wronged a few times by the “elitism”that CC mentioned but it never bothered my dad. He set an example for his kids. Hard work, provide, protect, forgiveness and love for the family never fails.
I was 30 my dad was 57 when I got an emergency phone call at work that he had a heart attack. I rushed the 320 miles as fast as I could. It was the first time I had ever seen him in bed sick. He had open heart surgery and recovered. Lived to be 82. After the scare, I spent a lot of time with dad. Asked him often about his good ole days. We’d go out for long drives and just talk. He would always get emotional when talking about his dad and mom. Growing up, He always bragged about his kids to friends and family, I guess for the most part, that pretty kept me on the straight n narrow cause that’s one man, I never wanted to disappoint.

I was holding his hand when he drew his last breath. He saw me enter this world, I saw him leave. We’ll reunite again someday. Happy Father’s Day dad, miss you siempre.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to any and all that visit this thread today.

Nice post RGV and I echo your sentiments, Happy Father's Day to all the Dads out there and also to all the Fathers who have moved on.

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John, Jan, Corso and Colo, hope you are set for a great weekend!

Everybody, if you haven't gotten out to pick up a card, be sure you stop to pick one up. Have a great weekend everybody and Happy Father's Day you guys!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good morning Pops and friends. My dad passed away 10 years ago. He was a hard working man. I look back and I see where he was wronged a few times by the “elitism”that CC mentioned but it never bothered my dad. He set an example for his kids. Hard work, provide, protect, forgiveness and love for the family never fails.
I was 30 my dad was 57 when I got an emergency phone call at work that he had a heart attack. I rushed the 320 miles as fast as I could. It was the first time I had ever seen him in bed sick. He had open heart surgery and recovered. Lived to be 82. After the scare, I spent a lot of time with dad. Asked him often about his good ole days. We’d go out for long drives and just talk. He would always get emotional when talking about his dad and mom. Growing up, He always bragged about his kids to friends and family, I guess for the most part, that pretty kept me on the straight n narrow cause that’s one man, I never wanted to disappoint.

I was holding his hand when he drew his last breath. He saw me enter this world, I saw him leave. We’ll reunite again someday. Happy Father’s Day dad, miss you siempre.
I. too, was the last person to see my Dad alive and was the one that had to make the call for "comfort care", my first of three times to have to do that. Then my wife and I had to go tell my Mom the love of her life was gone. She knew I had made the call because she was incapable of doing that and she was emotionally and physically exhausted and for the first time in my life, I had to take care of her.

16 months later, that would reverse when I had to do the same with my wife and a daughter to my Mom. Of my parents, I was always closer to my Mom because my Dad travelled so much and I was a golf orphan on the weekends, and the reason I hate that game to this day, but after that we shared a closeness I'd never known before. Through our loss, we had gained a best friend that was badly needed by both of us.

Then 3 years ago I lost her and will forever be lost myself. For some reason, I always thought I'd go before the three of them. I could never see myself as I am today, this alone. At times, I do not feel I exist.

When my time comes and if I don't go quickly, the one thing I want to know is can they hear us toward the end when they do not register recognition? I would like to think they do because I will go with a smile on my face as I really and truly forgave my Dad the last night he was alive.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
I. too, was the last person to see my Dad alive and was the one that had to make the call for "comfort care", my first of three times to have to do that. Then my wife and I had to go tell my Mom the love of her life was gone. She knew I had made the call because she was incapable of doing that and she was emotionally and physically exhausted and for the first time in my life, I had to take care of her.

16 months later, that would reverse when I had to do the same with my wife and a daughter to my Mom. Of my parents, I was always closer to my Mom because my Dad travelled so much and I was a golf orphan on the weekends, and the reason I hate that game to this day, but after that we shared a closeness I'd never known before. Through our loss, we had gained a best friend that was badly needed by both of us.

Then 3 years ago I lost her and will forever be lost myself. For some reason, I always thought I'd go before the three of them. I could never see myself as I am today, this alone. At times, I do not feel I exist.

When my time comes and if I don't go quickly, the one thing I want to know is can they hear us toward the end when they do not register recognition? I would like to think they do because I will go with a smile on my face as I really and truly forgave my Dad the last night he was alive.
Cannot respond except to say we have so so so much more in common than I would've guessed. I can't dwell on it as you have in your post... it's too heart wrenching but you've pretty much spelled out 'me' :(. Bless you CC...

Cowboys_22

Reaction score

Forgiving is part of healing for the forgivee and forgiver. “Regretting about yesterday only steals your today and today you will never recover.”

Xelda

Reaction score
Afternoon Pops and friends. Congrats on all the grills and Happy Father's Day all to whom it applies.

Congrats on getting your toofuses taken care of, Street. Runny's back in NY, so we're sure to get some good stories out of this. DABZ, how did you find me? :muttley: Jan, I'm sorry people are taking advantage of you. I weeded out those kinds of friends. Truthfully, I've weeded out most friends. Life is too short to deal with some of the crap that comes with them. I'm a recluse by nature though and was improvising in the doctor's office when asked about my extra curricular activities and social engagements. I protected the innocent and Coach by not mentioning CZ.com.

Coach, I've taped two anti depressants to my monitor for you. I wanted to say something but was at a loss for the right words (I have regular words in abundance). I went through a bad break up a few years ago and repainted almost all my walls and ceilings. My self esteem took such a hit that I didn't put my art back up for years. In the 80s I had gone to a local mall for the art booths and was taken in by a drawing. The artist had no arms and drew with his feet. I paid $35 for it and it became the crown jewel in my collection. With my art up, I feel at peace with my home. That might just be me though.

Have a good Friday and Father's Day everyone, even us Pop-less ones.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Afternoon Pops and friends. Congrats on all the grills and Happy Father's Day all to whom it applies.

Congrats on getting your toofuses taken care of, Street. Runny's back in NY, so we're sure to get some good stories out of this. DABZ, how did you find me? :muttley: Jan, I'm sorry people are taking advantage of you. I weeded out those kinds of friends. Truthfully, I've weeded out most friends. Life is too short to deal with some of the crap that comes with them. I'm a recluse by nature though and was improvising in the doctor's office when asked about my extra curricular activities and social engagements. I protected the innocent and Coach by not mentioning CZ.com.

Coach, I've taped two anti depressants to my monitor for you. I wanted to say something but was at a loss for the right words (I have regular words in abundance). I went through a bad break up a few years ago and repainted almost all my walls and ceilings. My self esteem took such a hit that I didn't put my art back up for years. In the 80s I had gone to a local mall for the art booths and was taken in by a drawing. The artist had no arms and drew with his feet. I paid $35 for it and it became the crown jewel in my collection. With my art up, I feel at peace with my home. That might just be me though.

Darlin', nothing need be said. Most of y'all know me by now, I do this every now and then because even a clown gets sad and I feel comfortable sharing my feelings with this thread. I can't share this with many other people because they all see me as this seldom serious guy.

When I do this, I am not looking for acceptance or comfort, just sharing part of what's in me and maybe a glimpse of why I am the way I am. I spend almost every waking hour trying to make myself laugh and have used both of these forums to that end for as long as I've been a member. It is truly therapeutic to me just getting it out there for me to see. This is almost like journaling to me, only you poor people are along for the ride.

And it's not that I do not appreciate the empathy, because I do, but it is not necessary for anyone to respond to me when I get like that. Even though you want to, as I do for others. Because of my mood swings, by the time someone responds, I may have very well moved on to goofing around again. I do not seem to stay in any particular mood very long and as my wife suspected, probably have some form of Bi Polar Disorder to go along with the Adult ADD. Which is good, because I can't stay on one thing long enough to do any damage.

But know this, I really trust the people in this thread as I never feel any judgement, just understanding as best you can.

kskboys

Reaction score

hmmmmmm. You know, I've done the same thing, in regards to friends. Basically, I'm just not interested in being around most people. Aside from a few times a year, it's family and just a few close friends. The mooches and fairweathers simply don't interest me. I only want to be around people where love and ideas and money and stuff flows freely. I want people who are aware of themselves and understand that all that matters is family and friends.

Oh, and sheep.

Xelda

Reaction score
Morning Pops and friends. I tried working in the yard but the sun drove me back to my a/c. Summer is coming.
I'm at my niece's graduation...Leave me alone!!!
But... but... but... oh, alright. You'll get double soon though.
hmmmmmm. You know, I've done the same thing, in regards to friends. Basically, I'm just not interested in being around most people. Aside from a few times a year, it's family and just a few close friends. The mooches and fairweathers simply don't interest me. I only want to be around people where love and ideas and money and stuff flows freely. I want people who are aware of themselves and understand that all that matters is family and friends.
:clap:
Oh, and sheep.
:facepalm: