FEATURED Morning Pops!

kskboys

Reaction score
Tomorrow is fajitas, swimming at the creek for the kiddies, and a couple gin and tonics!!! Good Times!!!!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning Pops and one and all. One is whomever is reading this and all is the rest of all y'all.

ksk has mentioned he's having G&T's now twice in two separate posts so I think he's up to 4 now. Now, this is a fine summer libation only surpassed by how it looks under a black light in a bar, it glows, very cool. I do not, presently, own a black light but will hold one up in front of my lava lamp and report back on the awe and wonder effect of that.

He has now planted the seed; therefore, I am not to blame and I was with my grandkids yesterday so I earned them. Now, if you read his last post just right, those G&T's are for the kiddies while swimming at the creek. My grandfather never took me swimming at the creek and never gave me G&T's, I am jealous of his grandkids. If you teach them to drink responsibly at a young age, they will know the meaning of moderation. And that's my excuse. This is all my grandfather's fault.

But, lemme tell y'all about my latest fusion frolic and fun hooch, Hendrick's Gin with cucumber and Fever Tree Elderflower Tonic, I count each one as a salad in the balanced diet. I know the ADA and AMA do not recognize this but if they had juuuuusssst one of these, they'd rewrite the manual.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning Pops and Happy Fathers' Day to all the Dad's and here's to the women that were kind enough to allow us to be fathers.

Quick story, oh don't be like that, it's a good one. Our first son was born in 72 and our second in 80, which turned out to be too much of a spread. This story takes place in 80 at Women's Presbyterian Hospital in Dallas. I give the name of the hospital for authenticity of this story and if anyone wants to verify it, well, there it is. First a little background. My wife was 5'4" and weighed, unpregnant, 115. Our first child weighed 10 lbs 8 ozs and was 23 and 3/4 inches long. She was huge and he was huge and I was the star Dad in the baby viewing suite because I make giant baby. As you would look down the row, it was baby baby baby BABY! baby baby baby and of course, I would strut my stuff and say things like "good strong woman, bear me many man child" and people could only hope giant baby would not be a chip off the old block.

So, it's 1 o'clock in Dallas and 113 degrees and I am at the office and get the call. I zoom by, pick up my wife and speed toward the hospital. At the time, one of our cars was an Audi 5000S with this big sun roof and as I exit Central Expressway, it is backed up from the light and I panic. I tell her to take the wheel and operate the gas and she can reach it and I stand up through the sun roof and begin yelling "having a baby, get out of the way" over and over and people start to respond and a guy pulls over, jumps out of his car and begins running ahead telling drivers, all the while I am continuing to yell and I look down at her and she has the strangest look on her face that told me she was questioning having another child by me. Well, the cop that took off after me on Central finally makes his way up and realizes what's happening, gets ahead and begins directing traffic. I am glad he didn't stick around after helping me and not giving me a ticket because she would be in labor for 5 more hours.

So, we're in the room where she's being prepped going on 5 hours and there's this really nice older black nurse helping her and making conversation to take her mind off everything and she asks her about other children and my wife tells her about our older son, who is 8 at the time. The nurse says "8 years, that's quite a spread, you plan on that"? My wife responds "well our first one weighed 10 and half pounds and was 2 feet long". The nurse just stops dead in her tracks, looks at my wife, looks over at me and looks back at my wife and says "What? I don't blame you for waiting, I don't think I would have ever let him touch me again". The tension broke wide open and we all laughed so hard that my wife got serious about getting this little muffin out of the oven. Second son, 10lbs 6 oz but only 22 inches long, the little runt.

Xelda

Reaction score
Morning Pops and Happy Fathers' Day to all the Dad's and here's to the women that were kind enough to allow us to be fathers.

Quick story, oh don't be like that, it's a good one. Our first son was born in 72 and our second in 80, which turned out to be too much of a spread. This story takes place in 80 at Women's Presbyterian Hospital in Dallas. I give the name of the hospital for authenticity of this story and if anyone wants to verify it, well, there it is. First a little background. My wife was 5'4" and weighed, unpregnant, 115. Our first child weighed 10 lbs 8 ozs and was 23 and 3/4 inches long. She was huge and he was huge and I was the star Dad in the baby viewing suite because I make giant baby. As you would look down the row, it was baby baby baby BABY! baby baby baby and of course, I would strut my stuff and say things like "good strong woman, bear me many man child" and people could only hope giant baby would not be a chip off the old block.

So, it's 1 o'clock in Dallas and 113 degrees and I am at the office and get the call. I zoom by, pick up my wife and speed toward the hospital. At the time, one of our cars was an Audi 5000S with this big sun roof and as I exit Central Expressway, it is backed up from the light and I panic. I tell her to take the wheel and operate the gas and she can reach it and I stand up through the sun roof and begin yelling "having a baby, get out of the way" over and over and people start to respond and a guy pulls over, jumps out of his car and begins running ahead telling drivers, all the while I am continuing to yell and I look down at her and she has the strangest look on her face that told me she was questioning having another child by me. Well, the cop that took off after me on Central finally makes his way up and realizes what's happening, gets ahead and begins directing traffic. I am glad he didn't stick around after helping me and not giving me a ticket because she would be in labor for 5 more hours.

So, we're in the room where she's being prepped going on 5 hours and there's this really nice older black nurse helping her and making conversation to take her mind off everything and she asks her about other children and my wife tells her about our older son, who is 8 at the time. The nurse says "8 years, that's quite a spread, you plan on that"? My wife responds "well our first one weighed 10 and half pounds and was 2 feet long". The nurse just stops dead in her tracks, looks at my wife, looks over at me and looks back at my wife and says "What? I don't blame you for waiting, I don't think I would have ever let him touch me again". The tension broke wide open and we all laughed so hard that my wife got serious about getting this little muffin out of the oven. Second son, 10lbs 6 oz but only 22 inches long, the little runt.
My God! They're probably still trying to make her comfortable in Heaven. Make way! Make way! Smiley's coming through! Here, take this chair. It has more cushion.

Happy Father's Day

GrammaJan

Reaction score

Just...ouch :eek:. My kids weren't quite that big (8.5#/20.5" and 9.9#/21" boy/girl respectively), and back in the day when I was more active and had a better metabolism I would say I was probably the same weight... Heck, I thought I was doing well to have gone through that twice without any drugs. :bow:

kskboys

Reaction score
Morning Pops and one and all. One is whomever is reading this and all is the rest of all y'all.

ksk has mentioned he's having G&T's now twice in two separate posts so I think he's up to 4 now. Now, this is a fine summer libation only surpassed by how it looks under a black light in a bar, it glows, very cool. I do not, presently, own a black light but will hold one up in front of my lava lamp and report back on the awe and wonder effect of that.

He has now planted the seed; therefore, I am not to blame and I was with my grandkids yesterday so I earned them. Now, if you read his last post just right, those G&T's are for the kiddies while swimming at the creek. My grandfather never took me swimming at the creek and never gave me G&T's, I am jealous of his grandkids. If you teach them to drink responsibly at a young age, they will know the meaning of moderation. And that's my excuse. This is all my grandfather's fault.

But, lemme tell y'all about my latest fusion frolic and fun hooch, Hendrick's Gin with cucumber and Fever Tree Elderflower Tonic, I count each one as a salad in the balanced diet. I know the ADA and AMA do not recognize this but if they had juuuuusssst one of these, they'd rewrite the manual.

Drunk kids are easier to put to bed!!!!!!!!!!!

W/ more to foller!!!!

Xelda

Reaction score
Just...ouch :eek:. My kids weren't quite that big (8.5#/20.5" and 9.9#/21" boy/girl respectively), and back in the day when I was more active and had a better metabolism I would say I was probably the same weight... Heck, I thought I was doing well to have gone through that twice without any drugs. :bow:
Holy Crap! My sister and next door neighbor gave birth without drugs. I'd be more like "These drugs aren't working!!! What else do you have in the pantry? Anything stronger? CUT ME, PAULY!" (Like in that Rocky movie.)

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Morning Pops and esteemed members of CowboysZone...You too, kskboys.

Ah, a lovely start to the week, in Upstate NY, on what appears to be the only nice day we're going to have this week. Shame my window won't roll down, and my driver's side door might stop unlatching at any time.

It was nice looking at my checking account and seeing a deposit of nearly twice what disability was giving me. That was with only 8 hours of OT, which is a slow week for me. This week's check will include about 12 hours of OT, so I can knock my credit card bill down to a reasonable amount....like zero, hopefully.

Everyone have a wonderful day and enjoy whatever non winter weather you're having!

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Morning, Pops and a good Monday morning to all. I spent most of the day yesterday building and leveling forms to pour the slab for the water feature I'm building. Also made my pvc draining system for the water wall in case it needs to be emptied. If nothing shifted overnight I can pour concrete today. However, it may be too rainy to work. We had heavy rain that lasted for about an hour yesterday evening. Hopefully the weather cooperates. May the week get off to a good start for everyone.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good morning Pops and Zoner Friends.

@LeonDixson, are you available this summer for a little contract yard work in Colorado? I could sure use the help and, in return, I can offer great accommodations, warm days and cool nights, access to a wine cellar, hot tub and sauna. I can also offer great evening conversation and, remember, Colorado is a marijuana legal state - if you are so inclined.

@Runwildboys, I have often thought I would have enjoyed a job that involved driving (other than just driving to and from work). I know it is much different than driving professionally, but I have always loved long road trips and the opportunity to be lost in my thoughts.

All this talk about child birthing, particularly around Father's day, brought back some really fond memories of our two kids when they were much younger. For the most part, they grew up in a privileged, international setting - private schools, exotic travel, different cultures. Both are now grown and have families of their own. The circle of life.

Have to admit, though, that despite all this nostalgia, we really enjoy our "empty nest".

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning, Pops and a good Monday morning to all. I spent most of the day yesterday building and leveling forms to pour the slab for the water feature I'm building. Also made my pvc draining system for the water wall in case it needs to be emptied. If nothing shifted overnight I can pour concrete today. However, it may be too rainy to work. We had heavy rain that lasted for about an hour yesterday evening. Hopefully the weather cooperates. May the week get off to a good start for everyone.
Would someone please translate this poor man's post for me? A slab is either bacon or ribs and I am not getting into a water feature on a family forum. And is pvc referring to my brain? Pretty vacant cavity?

Leon, if you are going to make me tired with all of this nonsense, I hope you will at least post some pics when you've finished with your manchores.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

@LeonDixson, are you available this summer for a little contract yard work in Colorado? I could sure use the help and, in return, I can offer great accommodations, warm days and cool nights, access to a wine cellar, hot tub and sauna. I can also offer great evening conversation and, remember, Colorado is a marijuana legal state - if you are so inclined.

@Runwildboys, I have often thought I would have enjoyed a job that involved driving (other than just driving to and from work). I know it is much different than driving professionally, but I have always loved long road trips and the opportunity to be lost in my thoughts.

All this talk about child birthing, particularly around Father's day, brought back some really fond memories of our two kids when they were much younger. For the most part, they grew up in a privileged, international setting - private schools, exotic travel, different cultures. Both are now grown and have families of their own. The circle of life.

Have to admit, though, that despite all this nostalgia, we really enjoy our "empty nest".
I have far too much time to get lost in my thoughts. That was probably the most refreshing thing about being off for 6 months. I could keep my mind occupied, reading, watching TV, playing games on my computer, thinking up and doing projects around the house, etc. I had much less time to dwell on my life. I get in trouble when my mind is allowed to think about whatever it feels like.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Colo, watch that "lost in my thoughts", you might not find your way out or worse, find yourself lost in mine.

"Empty nest syndrome" is a farce, it was created by some 20 somethings trying to guilt their parents into kicking out the fine person they'd rented their room to, and one that paid their rent on time, so they could move back in and have Mom cook for them and wash their clothes. We moved, twice , and both of our sons found us. Here's what they don't get, they're not cute any longer and especially not in their underwear. And when there's just one serving left in the Fritos bag, they're not the one that was intended for. Jelly filled donuts are donuts and the outside is meant to be consumed along with the yummy filling. Living out is preferred to sleeping in. And for cryin' out loud, use the damned spray, their poop gagged me when they were infants and that never went away.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Colo, watch that "lost in my thoughts", you might not find your way out or worse, find yourself lost in mine.

"Empty nest syndrome" is a farce, it was created by some 20 somethings trying to guilt their parents into kicking out the fine person they'd rented their room to, and one that paid their rent on time, so they could move back in and have Mom cook for them and wash their clothes. We moved, twice , and both of our sons found us. Here's what they don't get, they're not cute any longer and especially not in their underwear. And when there's just one serving left in the Fritos bag, they're not the one that was intended for. Jelly filled donuts are donuts and the outside is meant to be consumed along with the yummy filling. Living out is preferred to sleeping in. And for cryin' out loud, use the damned spray, their poop gagged me when they were infants and that never went away.
And, I can add my number one pet peeve: drinking directly from the milk or OJ carton and BACK-WASHING!

It's funny, and probably more my issue than my children but, I enjoy the grandkid's visit more than I actually enjoy my kid's visit.

:muttley:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have far too much time to get lost in my thoughts. That was probably the most refreshing thing about being off for 6 months. I could keep my mind occupied, reading, watching TV, playing games on my computer, thinking up and doing projects around the house, etc. I had much less time to dwell on my life. I get in trouble when my mind is allowed to think about whatever it feels like.
I call it "free fall" thinking and most of the time it is unavoidable. I actually refer to my mind as a separate entity that just happens to inhabit my skull.

When I used to be a traveling salesman by auto, I envied the truck drivers because when they reached their destination, they were done. When I reached mine, I was just beginning. When you spend your life working to live and forcing yourself to do things you really don't want to do, the other part of you gets a little weird on it's own time. You feel deserving of a good time, by golly you've earned this by doing what you didn't want to do for 8-10 hours, now it's CC time.

The bizarre part of my working life is that only the closest people to me all of that time knew how much I hated it. I was actually pretty good at acting and worked my way up the ladder quickly and was effective at teaching others to do what I didn't want to do. My wife was on my case all the time because she knew I was miserable and she would tell me as long as you are not doing what you were meant to do, you are going to be frustrated. And she was right.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And, I can add my number one pet peeve: drinking directly from the milk or OJ carton and BACK-WASHING!

It's funny, and probably more my issue than my children but, I enjoy the grandkid's visit more than I actually enjoy my kid's visit.

:muttley:
It's revenge, I can't wait to teach mine my bad habits and my second language, cussing.

I told the boys that the closet monster eats children that put the toilet seat down and peeing on it is the best way to keep that under the bed thing under the bed.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to everybody who stops in the check out the thread.

Hope everybody had a great Fathers Day. Back to work today so might as well get it knocked out.

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John, Jan, Corso and Colo, have a great week!

Everybody, please enjoy the week and have a great Monday!