FEATURED Morning Pops!

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to all who stop in or already have stopped in to say hello today.

Well, don't know about everybody else but I gotta tell ya, speaking of birds, there is a Thrasher that sits on my Truck every day. They say that Birds evolved from Dinosaurs or Theropods to be more precise. Theropods are the line that included TRex and Raptors, among other predators and I can believe it. This little beastie must have gotten those genes handed down directly from those Dinosaurs cause he's a mean little critter. Plus, he craps all over my truck at a ridiculously prolific rate. For such a small bird, it sure is full of crap, gotta tell ya.

Anyhow, it's Thursday and we are headed towards 4th of July so it's all looking pretty good. Only think is that I hate having 4th of July fall in the middle of the week. Means fireworks will be going off all night the day before and the day after so you pretty much get no sleep during the work week and since we've been dry for the last few 4th of July (no fireworks allowed) I suspect that this year is going to be very busy indeed! Oh well, is what it is I guess.

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John, Jan, Corso and Colo, have a great day!

Everybody, work week is almost done and short week next week so enjoy!

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to all who stop in or already have stopped in to say hello today.

Well, don't know about everybody else but I gotta tell ya, speaking of birds, there is a Thrasher that sits on my Truck every day. They say that Birds evolved from Dinosaurs or Theropods to be more precise. Theropods are the line that included TRex and Raptors, among other predators and I can believe it. This little beastie must have gotten those genes handed down directly from those Dinosaurs cause he's a mean little critter. Plus, he craps all over my truck at a ridiculously prolific rate. For such a small bird, it sure is full of crap, gotta tell ya.

Anyhow, it's Thursday and we are headed towards 4th of July so it's all looking pretty good. Only think is that I hate having 4th of July fall in the middle of the week. Means fireworks will be going off all night the day before and the day after so you pretty much get no sleep during the work week and since we've been dry for the last few 4th of July (no fireworks allowed) I suspect that this year is going to be very busy indeed! Oh well, is what it is I guess.

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John, Jan, Corso and Colo, have a great day!

Everybody, work week is almost done and short week next week so enjoy!
A bird that's full of crap? You sure it isn't a descendant of a certain fowl representative from Philly???

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good morning Pops and friends. Talking about wildlife encounters. Yesterday morning during my jog, a swamp rabbit ran across the trail in front of me. Normally they’ll run into the woods and disappear but this one stopped about 4’ away. It stared at me with that “ what you looking at?”stare. I kept right on jogging.

Bears, hummingbirds, swamp rabbits. Are they planning an attack on the human race? Hmm

Have a great day my friends and watch out for wild critters in the woods.
I had a mangey looking fox rooting around in front of my truck yesterday morning, but I have air horns, so that was humorous and short lived.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Afternoon, Pops and friends. I was planning on not having a plan today; just kick back relax. It didn't turn out that way. I've been running errands all day long. Take care, everyone.
Ya see? That's what happens when others think you don't have a plan, they feel the need to give you one. You need to employ the "box rule" of CC. Learned this one on active duty in the Navy.

I carried an empty box with the top closed around with me when I was screwing off to give the illusion I was a busy sailor on a mission. Unfortunately for me, I shared this with my wife not thinking how valuable that could have been around the house. I did, however, manage to almost master the "I'm looking for something" illusion that got me out of at least some of the honey do's.

It's when you don't look busy that you are vulnerable to those that think idle hands are the devil's workshop. Always, ALWAYS, be on guard that there are those that will impose on you and actually ask you to do something if you do not give them the illusion that your are occupied with an important assignment.

Xelda

Reaction score
Afternoon Pops and friends. So much wildlife to contend with this week. DANG Colo :eek:, Coach :rolleyes:, RGV :rolleyes: and Runny and his air horn o_O. I'm so glad ya'll are still with us. Did anyone hear about the woman in Massachutimus that killed a cobra on her porch? I won't step outside after dark without plenty of fire power now.

After today, I won't drive without caffeine. I had to stare down the pointy end of a needle for blood work today. I'm go into fight or flight mode and sound like an auctioneer. Aah'mscaredofneedlesaknownfainterandrequirethebabyneedle. Do you understand? Do you know those people don't care? They start looking around for a place to poke me. Nope not there, not there, nope, nope, to which they ask where and I point to a tiny area of itty bitty veins. This one went for the big, fat juicy one on the underside of my wrist. It still hurts! I might have to ice it this evening. I'm not as brave as the rest of you. :oops:

Have a good evening everyone.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Afternoon Pops and friends. So much wildlife to contend with this week. DANG Colo :eek:, Coach :rolleyes:, RGV :rolleyes: and Runny and his air horn o_O. I'm so glad ya'll are still with us. Did anyone hear about the woman in Massachutimus that killed a cobra on her porch? I won't step outside after dark without plenty of fire power now.

After today, I won't drive without caffeine. I had to stare down the pointy end of a needle for blood work today. I'm go into fight or flight mode and sound like an auctioneer. Aah'mscaredofneedlesaknownfainterandrequirethebabyneedle. Do you understand? Do you know those people don't care? They start looking around for a place to poke me. Nope not there, not there, nope, nope, to which they ask where and I point to a tiny area of itty bitty veins. This one went for the big, fat juicy one on the underside of my wrist. It still hurts! I might have to ice it this evening. I'm not as brave as the rest of you. :oops:

Have a good evening everyone.
Ahhh, needles. I know them well, but none of them baby needles, except when I was doing my first round of chemo. Had a blood clot they had to dissolve before surgery so everyday I had to give myself a shot in my abdomen of Lovenox. Those were tiny needles but Lordy folks I was not programmed at birth to stick myself with sharp objects. I think it was 16+ weeks. Every day. They showed me what to do to take a majority of the sting out of it, but I'm not lying when I say the first time I had to do it on my own it took me at least 15 minutes to git 'er dun. By the end it was 10 seconds. Amazing what you can accomplish when your faced with a life or death situation. I mean, Colo, RGV, Coach and Runny... after reading your experiences you know... right?

Random thought... I once got bit in the face between the eyes by my mom's stupid little dog (Chihuahua mix... little brat. Mom says it was my own fault. Thanks mom:confused:) To this day I prefer a big dog. My lab mix was 90+ and all lap dog. Miss that boy... first thing I'm getting when I get a house is a BIG dog!

kskboys

Reaction score
Ya see? That's what happens when others think you don't have a plan, they feel the need to give you one. You need to employ the "box rule" of CC. Learned this one on active duty in the Navy.

I carried an empty box with the top closed around with me when I was screwing off to give the illusion I was a busy sailor on a mission. Unfortunately for me, I shared this with my wife not thinking how valuable that could have been around the house. I did, however, manage to almost master the "I'm looking for something" illusion that got me out of at least some of the honey do's.

It's when you don't look busy that you are vulnerable to those that think idle hands are the devil's workshop. Always, ALWAYS, be on guard that there are those that will impose on you and actually ask you to do something if you do not give them the illusion that your are occupied with an important assignment.
Had a guy who worked for me who was a pretty good worker. However, he walked around slowly w/ his head in the clouds and always looked as if he was getting nothing done. Constant customer complaints.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Ahhh, needles. I know them well, but none of them baby needles, except when I was doing my first round of chemo. Had a blood clot they had to dissolve before surgery so everyday I had to give myself a shot in my abdomen of Lovenox. Those were tiny needles but Lordy folks I was not programmed at birth to stick myself with sharp objects. I think it was 16+ weeks. Every day. They showed me what to do to take a majority of the sting out of it, but I'm not lying when I say the first time I had to do it on my own it took me at least 15 minutes to git 'er dun. By the end it was 10 seconds. Amazing what you can accomplish when your faced with a life or death situation. I mean, Colo, RGV, Coach and Runny... after reading your experiences you know... right?

Random thought... I once got bit in the face between the eyes by my mom's stupid little dog (Chihuahua mix... little brat. Mom says it was my own fault. Thanks mom:confused:) To this day I prefer a big dog. My lab mix was 90+ and all lap dog. Miss that boy... first thing I'm getting when I get a house is a BIG dog!
They work better than an alarm, as well as being big, hairy goofballs.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Morning Pops and everyone.

It's now 4:30am. Been awake since 3:00 so figure I may as well pop on here and say hello.

It's Friday and I cannot wait for this day to be over. Rough week at the office and I see my chiro after work today. So ready for this visit.

Hope everyone has a great day.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
They work better than an alarm, as well as being big, hairy goofballs.
I love dogs. No judgment. Just happy. Cats? Had one. His name was Charlie. He would get so mad at the lab mix (that really (really!) only wanted to play) that he'd be on his hind legs chasing Bogey (the dog) through the house taking swipes at his tail end. The whole time Bogey appeared to be 'laughing'. They really got along well and Bogey made a great big brother to Charlie and the other dog, Jake. Great memories of those animals.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Morning Pops, and posters, from lovely Orient Point, Long Island, NY. It's a beautiful Friday morning, and I'm waiting to board the ferry back to CT, after doing my first two stops. Just have one left in CT, then back to the yard. I'm really hoping they let me stay in my truck for the ride across the Sound. After getting up for work at 1:45 this morning, I could really use a nap.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Had a guy who worked for me who was a pretty good worker. However, he walked around slowly w/ his head in the clouds and always looked as if he was getting nothing done. Constant customer complaints.
OK, am I catching a subtle shot at poor ole CC's work habits? Well, mister, that "pretty good worker" let's me off the hook.

kskboys

Reaction score
OK, am I catching a subtle shot at poor ole CC's work habits? Well, mister, that "pretty good worker" let's me off the hook.
One of my friends jokingly told me one time that at work, all you have to do is walk fast, look worried, and carry something. It was said jokingly, but man, there's so much truth in that. Perception often trumps reality!!!!

GrammaJan

Reaction score
One of my friends jokingly told me one time that at work, all you have to do is walk fast, look worried, and carry something. It was said jokingly, but man, there's so much truth in that. Perception often trumps reality!!!!
That doesn't work at my office. If you look busy or flustered it makes the boss happy and he gives you more to do. He's a workaholic and thinks everyone else should be too.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It surely does, my challenge was to remember the box was empty and I ended up putting some clothes in it because I would forget. I was surprised there weren't more guys walking around with boxes because I learned this form another guy. He told me that at Pendleton, the Marines hangout, you would have thought there was a sale on boxes. They always thought they were smarter than the swabbies.

When I landed the job as a bartender at the Scuttlebutt Club, aka white hat club for enlisted men, I stopped carrying the box because I feared being recognized and someone thinking I had booze in the box. Man, if they ever wanted to show how and why so many military men became alcoholics, all they needed was a video of happy hour at that club. Bartending consisted of how fast can you get shots and beers on the bar. This was in 1968 and you could have gotten hammered for <2 bucks. Fortunately for me, I wasn't a "drink for effect" guy and never have been but I saw some guys get completely trashed before my very eyes in less than 15 minutes. It was like time lapse photography.

kskboys

Reaction score
It surely does, my challenge was to remember the box was empty and I ended up putting some clothes in it because I would forget. I was surprised there weren't more guys walking around with boxes because I learned this form another guy. He told me that at Pendleton, the Marines hangout, you would have thought there was a sale on boxes. They always thought they were smarter than the swabbies.

When I landed the job as a bartender at the Scuttlebutt Club, aka white hat club for enlisted men, I stopped carrying the box because I feared being recognized and someone thinking I had booze in the box. Man, if they ever wanted to show how and why so many military men became alcoholics, all they needed was a video of happy hour at that club. Bartending consisted of how fast can you get shots and beers on the bar. This was in 1968 and you could have gotten hammered for <2 bucks. Fortunately for me, I wasn't a "drink for effect" guy and never have been but I saw some guys get completely trashed before my very eyes in less than 15 minutes. It was like time lapse photography.
Aside from a few times when I was an inexperienced drinker, I never understood the point of getting trashed in a short time. We learned to time it where we could drink for hours. How does getting trashed hold a candle to holding a buzz for 8 hours?