FEATURED Morning Pops!

Xelda

Reaction score
Thank you. Gonna spend some quiet time tonight outside to simply 'be'. I will post as I'm leaving the hospital tomorrow... probably late morning. I usually come out of there with a couple hand wraps looking like I'm ready to glove up for a few rounds in the ring. It's a teaching hospital so sometimes their aim is less than perfect when drawing for labs or running my contrast i.v. The worst is waiting for the results. Quite nerve wracking. You know what they say. The waiting is the hardest part.
Needles?!??!
th

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
Good morning Pops and friends. I got a glimpse of the sun while ago then it went back into hiding. The grass in my yard got tall while we were away. It’s been raining every day since we returned so hadn’t had a chance to mow until today. Cloudy but no rain. I mowed around puddles. It’s now time for the edging n weed eater. In this kind of humidity, you really burn up some calories. The Mrs and I will probably have to hit a buffet place to replenish stock ;)

Have a good day all. It’s hump day.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Morning Pops and everyone.

Back to work. Nobody wants to do my job while I'm out so it sits and piles up. Maybe it's a good thing they don't mess with my files... less to go back and clean up I suppose. My desk is the ultimate d.i.y. project:cool:.

Hope everyone has a great day!

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to any who stop this way and visit.

Man, been a hectic couple of days this last few. Lots going on, running around with my hair on fire!

Sorry I have not been posting regularly in this thread but I am glad that all of you have kept the ball rolling.

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John, Jan, Corso and Colo, I hope all of you are doing well.

It's hump day so we are on the Leeward Side of the week! Everybody, have a great day!

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good morning Pops and Zoner Friends.

For the first time in several weeks, the weather forecast is devoid of rain. This is good... And, bad. It will be nice to complete our landscaping in dry conditions. The downside is that warm-to-hot (well, for our area, anyway), very low humidity, days are ahead. I don't do well in really hot climates any more -- much prefer the more moderate temperatures.

I had an interesting wildlife encounter last night around sunset. I heard a rustling sound coming from our garden and, thinking that deer or elk had managed to break down our garden barrier, I headed outside in my housecoat with a cup of tea... Should have known better.

I got within about 30 feet of the garden before realizing the rustling sound was coming from a rather large black bear. Normally, the bears and I have an understanding:. I don't bother them and, in return, they don't eat me. When the bear stood erect on it's hind legs, I decided to slowly head to the house humming, "The Bear Necessities" from the Jungle Book.

I turned on all of our exterior lights and the bear, in a final act of defiance, took down a portion of the garden fence before ambling off into the woods. At least I know what I am doing today - repairing the garden.

Have a good day and ease into the weekend!

GrammaJan

Reaction score

For the first time in several weeks, the weather forecast is devoid of rain. This is good... And, bad. It will be nice to complete our landscaping in dry conditions. The downside is that warm-to-hot (well, for our area, anyway), very low humidity, days are ahead. I don't do well in really hot climates any more -- much prefer the more moderate temperatures.

I had an interesting wildlife encounter last night around sunset. I heard a rustling sound coming from our garden and, thinking that deer or elk had managed to break down our garden barrier, I headed outside in my housecoat with a cup of tea... Should have known better.

I got within about 30 feet of the garden before realizing the rustling sound was coming from a rather large black bear. Normally, the bears and I have an understanding:. I don't bother them and, in return, they don't eat me. When the bear stood erect on it's hind legs, I decided to slowly head to the house humming, "The Bear Necessities" from the Jungle Book.

I turned on all of our exterior lights and the bear, in a final act of defiance, took down a portion of the garden fence before ambling off into the woods. At least I know what I am doing today - repairing the garden.

:eek: I would have lost my .... shiitakes. No thank you!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I may have to re-watch "The Revenant" again and imagine you as DiCaprio.

Your bear story encounter ain't nuthin'. I was late getting the hummingbird feeder out late yesterday afternoon and one glared at me pretty hard. Shook me up but I managed to make it to the bathroom. I remembered not to run, slowly backed away and if it had attacked, I would have rolled up into the fetal position and played dead.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good Morning Pops and post hump day revelers. Next hump day is the 4th of July Eve, aka July 3rd, a very special one indeed, almost like the pre Thanksgiving hump day that was always special when we'd travel back home and get together with our college chums and share exaggerated stories of surviving the 60's.

I woke up this morning wondering what it would have been like if we'd actually elected Joe Walsh as President. Would he still have joined the Eagles and would they have liked the Secret Service hanging around all the time? Seems if I were in a rock band, having a bunch of MIB looking dudes hanging around would cramp my style. It's not that I would necessarily engage in illegal activities but I do like the freedom of doing so, if the mood hits me.

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
I may have to re-watch "The Revenant" again and imagine you as DiCaprio.

Your bear story encounter ain't nuthin'. I was late getting the hummingbird feeder out late yesterday afternoon and one glared at me pretty hard. Shook me up but I managed to make it to the bathroom. I remembered not to run, slowly backed away and if it had attacked, I would have rolled up into the fetal position and played dead.

Good morning Pops and friends. Talking about wildlife encounters. Yesterday morning during my jog, a swamp rabbit ran across the trail in front of me. Normally they’ll run into the woods and disappear but this one stopped about 4’ away. It stared at me with that “ what you looking at?”stare. I kept right on jogging.

Bears, hummingbirds, swamp rabbits. Are they planning an attack on the human race? Hmm

Have a great day my friends and watch out for wild critters in the woods.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good Morning Pops and post hump day revelers. Next hump day is the 4th of July Eve, aka July 3rd, a very special one indeed, almost like the pre Thanksgiving hump day that was always special when we'd travel back home and get together with our college chums and share exaggerated stories of surviving the 60's.

I woke up this morning wondering what it would have been like if we'd actually elected Joe Walsh as President. Would he still have joined the Eagles and would they have liked the Secret Service hanging around all the time? Seems if I were in a rock band, having a bunch of MIB looking dudes hanging around would cramp my style. It's not that I would necessarily engage in illegal activities but I do like the freedom of doing so, if the mood hits me.
I find the ruby-throated hummers particularly cold and mean-spirited; even the cats keep a respectable distance.