FEATURED Morning Pops!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Afternoon Pops and everyone.

I went nosing around in some of the other forums today... kind of a day trip. Felt very foreign to me. This discussion/board is definitely more entertaining and at the same time feels much more personal. Thank you all for taking the time to put your 'selves' into the chatter. Feels more like 'home'.
Jan, you've got to be careful out there in that Fan Forum. Especially, with that Gramma hanging off the front of your name. I've been told plenty of times I should stay on the couch, as if I'd ever leave it except for refreshments, sustenance or to dance a jig.

Agree with you, put some of this self revealing out there, some will not take to it well. And that doesn't make them bad people, just not what they're there for. Plus, we've all seen a lot more life than some of the young full of fire posters out there. They'll learn, fire burns everything it touches.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Afternoon Pops and friends. Another scorcher today. Mid 90s feels like 106. August is normally the hottest month around here so have to hold on a little longer. I’m heading to deep south Texas tomorrow morning so I have to mow today. Wish I had a sombrero or umbrella hat. Some of my tools are packed and going to see what kind of damage my nephew and I can do at my mom’s house. Nothing major needs to be done, just some mom honey-do’s.
Enjoy this day
If I saw you sweltering, I'd take the umbrella out of my libation and give it to you for you to make a lovely umbrella hat and, hopefully, wear it out of my sight. Love means never having to sweat.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Morning Pops and everyone.

73° this morning so decided to bite the bullet... river bike path is useable again so I walked to the Bettendorf city limits and jogged back. I'll have to map it for the distance (somewhere between 6-7 miles) but I'm pretty proud of me this morning. Feeling rather accomplished.

I hope you all have a great day.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I believe the only time I hear someone loves Summer, it's northerners.
And what's the first thing the damn yankees complain about, after asking what a chitlin is? The heat, OMG how do you people stand it here? Well, the British picked fighting in the north for a reason.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning Pops and everyone.

73° this morning so decided to bite the bullet... river bike path is useable again so I walked to the Bettendorf city limits and jogged back. I'll have to map it for the distance (somewhere between 6-7 miles) but I'm pretty proud of me this morning. Feeling rather accomplished.

I hope you all have a great day.
Way to go!!! Made me tired just reading this. If there had been a page to turn, I would have passed.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I found another headline which makes me wonder why didn't the family request a name change. I don't care if he has Bill Gates kind of money, I would not marry into this: Veteran Indian politician Sheila Diksheet dies aged 81 (it was censored - replace the two e's with one i)

I try to stay somewhat informed. :facepalm:
Her husband, Hairi, will miss her.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
You folks have been through a mess up there, glad things are getting back to normal.
Yeah, it's about time. I feel terrible for the people down the country from us though. All this water mess we had goes south down the river and its compounded by what they're already dealing with. Just a part of living near the waterways.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I still love Summer!!!!
The only time I loved summer, as an adult, was living in Idaho. It would hit 100 but the low humidity and the fact it would dip into the lower 60's at night made that a lot better than Texas or Louisiana heat.

The best part was real seasons in Idaho, 4 real seasons and they showed up just about on time. In Texas, especially when I was in Dallas, we got Summer, Not Summer (much shorter) and Ice. Had an ice storm one time that caused the city to lose 10% of the trees. The only SB Dallas ever got had an ice storm as a welcome mat.

But I gotta say, the most miserable summer I ever spent was in OK was either 2011 or 2012, my memory was toasted into submission, but they set the national July record for average temp at 89.something and getting off work in the afternoon and 110+ temps was the norm. I thought I'd been through something in 1980 in Dallas but that was unbelievable to go outside at 10pm and the temp was 95 and the humidity was at 80+. There's something far more disconcerting when it hot at night and if you are a claustrophobic as I am, you feel you're being smothered by the darkness.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The only time I loved summer, as an adult, was living in Idaho. It would hit 100 but the low humidity and the fact it would dip into the lower 60's at night made that a lot better than Texas or Louisiana heat.

The best part was real seasons in Idaho, 4 real seasons and they showed up just about on time. In Texas, especially when I was in Dallas, we got Summer, Not Summer (much shorter) and Ice. Had an ice storm one time that caused the city to lose 10% of the trees. The only SB Dallas ever got had an ice storm as a welcome mat.

But I gotta say, the most miserable summer I ever spent was in OK was either 2011 or 2012, my memory was toasted into submission, but they set the national July record for average temp at 89.something and getting off work in the afternoon and 110+ temps was the norm. I thought I'd been through something in 1980 in Dallas but that was unbelievable to go outside at 10pm and the temp was 95 and the humidity was at 80+. There's something far more disconcerting when it hot at night and if you are a claustrophobic as I am, you feel you're being smothered by the darkness.
It was like that last night. The AC wasn't working, so it was hot all night at Hooters, yet even when I stepped outside after midnight, it was still hotter and muggier outside.

The one thing that really bothers me about this weather is the bugs. In the time it takes to walk out my door, then 15 feet to my car, I'm being harassed by horseflies, flies, gnats, and mosquitoes.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Afternoon Pops and everyone.

I went nosing around in some of the other forums today... kind of a day trip. Felt very foreign to me. This discussion/board is definitely more entertaining and at the same time feels much more personal. Thank you all for taking the time to put your 'selves' into the chatter. Feels more like 'home'.
Jan, the Off Topic Zone is pretty much a safe Zone and a lot of fun and laughs to be had there. It's a real pick-me-up to me every day when I go in there.

But this is my first stop most of the time, checking in to see which of my fine forum friends has injured themselves in chores around the home. As much as I try to warn y'all, ya just won't listen.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It was like that last night. The AC wasn't working, so it was hot all night at Hooters, yet even when I stepped outside after midnight, it was still hotter and muggier outside.

The one thing that really bothers me about this weather is the bugs. In the time it takes to walk out my door, then 15 feet to my car, I'm being harassed by horseflies, flies, gnats, and mosquitoes.
I got bitten by a horsefly in Baton Rouge, back before they passed the ordinance against me going topless, and it took two months for that to completely heal.

Where Jan lives, because of the flooding, the bugs are awful. After the hurricane and flooding hit the Houston area, my friend down there told me people were wearing long sleeved shirts and long pants, they preferred to be hot and miserable then deal with the bug population explosion.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
I got bitten by a horsefly in Baton Rouge, back before they passed the ordinance against me going topless, and it took two months for that to completely heal.

Where Jan lives, because of the flooding, the bugs are awful. After the hurricane and flooding hit the Houston area, my friend down there told me people were wearing long sleeved shirts and long pants, they preferred to be hot and miserable then deal with the bug population explosion.
Those mean little biting gnats are the worst. You can't see the little buggers until you're right up on a cloud of the dadgum things.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Those mean little biting gnats are the worst. You can't see the little buggers until you're right up on a cloud of the dadgum things.
They call them Noseeums in Florida and they build covers for their pools and tennis courts they're so bad. First time I heard that, I knew they weren't talking about old people because I saw them everywhere I looked.