FEATURED Morning Pops!

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Okay... I've been quiet about this because I don't really know how @Redball Express feels about me saying something, but:

Several days ago he had a... he was in the hospital in San Antonio for something serious.
Very serious.

We've talked back and forth via DM's, but for the past 4 days he's gone completely silent.

I'm extremely worried about him. He's a very good friend.

Please everybody: send good vibes his way.
Absolutely!

Xelda

Reaction score
Okay... I've been quiet about this because I don't really know how @Redball Express feels about me saying something, but:

Several days ago he had a... he was in the hospital in San Antonio for something serious.
Very serious.

We've talked back and forth via DM's, but for the past 4 days he's gone completely silent.

I'll say a prayer for him, Corso. Thank you for letting us know and we will be sending many good vibes his way.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Very serious.

In prayers and thoughts, I recall him mentioning why he posted as he did and I didn't see the problem. I do recall it was health related.

Xelda

Reaction score
Morning Pops and friends. Well, it happened again today. I got up with the sun and I'm not happy about it. It was so cool outside, I proceeded to work on the front flower bed and hopefully finish it off. After all the delightful spider stories, those and weeds were all I saw. I dug in between two bushes and remembered the skin graft story. I'm so damned hard headed that I continued to work. I got hot and a headache, so I'm on break. Since I'm the president of my own union, I don't have to do any more if I don't want to. The only problem is that turd is so closed to being finished. A little more landscaping fabric between all the spider bushes and the ceremonious pouring of mulch. It will be a glorious day when I don't have to think about it any more.

Have a good day everyone.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning Pops and friends. Well, it happened again today. I got up with the sun and I'm not happy about it. It was so cool outside, I proceeded to work on the front flower bed and hopefully finish it off. After all the delightful spider stories, those and weeds were all I saw. I dug in between two bushes and remembered the skin graft story. I'm so damned hard headed that I continued to work. I got hot and a headache, so I'm on break. Since I'm the president of my own union, I don't have to do any more if I don't want to. The only problem is that turd is so closed to being finished. A little more landscaping fabric between all the spider bushes and the ceremonious pouring of mulch. It will be a glorious day when I don't have to think about it any more.

Have a good day everyone.
Here's to the conclusion of your self-appointed endeavor. When I say "here" that's with a libation in my hand, later on, once again celebrating another's fine job done. I've got all of these wonderful things you fine folks do in the garden, garage and home that I just don't see an opening to add anything so I shall just toast you instead. And I am better at that anyway. My toolbelt consists of corkscrew, bottle opener, muddler, Texas jigger and the cutest little olive picker you ever saw. It has a retractable "claw" that I pretend I am an astronaut picking up a moon rock. And that's before a cocktail. You wouldn't believe what I pretend once I get to going.

Xelda

Reaction score
I'm sorry that I gripe so much about yard work, but I hate it with a passion. I'm trying to improve the curb appeal to the best of my ability. My ability doesn't improve my opinion of yard work. If my yard man had not shattered my storm door then denied it, I'd be pointing and paying instead of sweating and cussing. I enjoyed the tool belt and olive picker story.

Xelda

Reaction score
eyJpdSI6IjNlZjQ2NTdiM2UwYjU0NzcyNWU4NDE2NmIzM2Y1OWMwODlhZTUxNjU1Y2ViNjNiMmIxOWE1YWZmMDNiZmRmNTMiLCJ3Ijo0MDAsImgiOjI0MCwiZCI6MS41LCJjcyI6MCwiZiI6MH0.jpg

The flower bed is FINISHED!!!!!!!!!
You know, some times perfection matters less than finished. This was one of those times.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Very serious.

Consider the good vibes sent, and continuing until further notice.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Heard nothing. Thank you friend.
I hope this is not futile.

He is one of the good ones here.

But I have zilch for updates, unless you take continued silence as an update.

And if you go dark, I'd do the same for you, but you know that already.
I do recall him starting a thread a long time ago, asking that people understand why he double spaced. Hopefully, he's just resting on doctor's orders.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

@Corso, thanks for alerting us about @Redball Express. You're right, he is one of the truly good posters on this site.

I have a lot of fun joking, jousting and generally just dialoguing with so many folks on this site. Hate it when someone goes "missing". Hoping for the best.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Agree, I saw him almost apologizing for his optimism and explaining a few personal things about himself and explaining why he posted in single lines. Hell, I thanked him for it, some here are paragraph challenged.

That's the nature of this site and it is different in that way from the old DC.com site. There, defending a positive outlook was not as necessary as it is here. And the attacks based on they're only optimistic because they don't know football piss me off.

There's a poster here that fights that on a daily basis, Rockport aka Rocky because of his willingness to get it on. He gets carried away and assumes he's dealing with a negative person when it's only a negative poster but I get it. One of our own from the old site, EStaubach, doesn't post here as much as he did over there but when he does it's all out optimism.

Posters like Redball, Rocky and ES and some others just get tired of all the paying the negative forward when basing the future entirely on the past. And I tend to side with them because 2018 was a magical season and I do not recall another like it. We come from lifeless and forgotten to win the East and a playoff game but that's not good enough?

I liked your friend the first time I saw him revealing something about himself, in an apologetic manner which was totally unnecessary except for the rude aholes. Thankfully, most here understand that they can disagree but still like the poster. But from everything I know, this is nothing more than what the internet is like. I saw this morning that 74% of people that game online have been harassed, 3 out of 4 people can't even engage in fun without being bullied by internet cowards.

I keep a good thought for Redball Express and hope this silence doesn't mean anything but I know that can be very stressful. I don't deal well with the unknown, my inner pessimist comes out.

Corso, you came to the right place. This thread has some magic about it.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good morning Pops and Zoner Friends,

So, I am sitting in a Starbucks having a venti passion iced tea (not a coffee drinker - would sooner shave with weasel than drink coffee) and watching a group of young mothers and dads enjoy a morning coffee with their toddlers - must be some kind of children's play group.

I can't help but reflect on the different parenting styles and norms today versus my day. I was far from a perfect parent, but one thing we insisted upon was polite manners when taking our kids to public venue. Measured in terms of "tantrums per minute", today's Starbuck's experience approaches some Guinness Book of World Records.

I have to hand it to these young parents, they have infinitely more patience than I did when my kids were of similar age. I just can't get over the amount of logical reasoning that is applied to today's kids. I have yet to hear the words, "no", "sit down, please" or "please be quite". Instead, there are lengthy discussions explaining why, hitting your sister is not a good thing.

Am I out of line? Maybe too set in my ways?

Xelda

Reaction score
Morning Pops and friends. The weather is wonderful here! I want to thank God and the jet stream for showing the deep south some mercy in July.

@Redball Express is still in my thoughts and I will pray more for him with sincerest hopes for him to come back to the forums.

I guess Leon's gone and gotten married again by now. Hope he and his bride are enjoying his cruise and remembered their sun screen.

The lithium battery to my brain must be drained. Coach has me self conscious about paragraphs now and I can't think well enough to fill them in so I'd better shut up right fast, quick and snappy. Have a good day everyone.

Guess who doesn't have to work outside today!
tenor.gif

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good morning Pops and Zoner Friends,

So, I am sitting in a Starbucks having a venti passion iced tea (not a coffee drinker - would sooner shave with weasel than drink coffee) and watching a group of young mothers and dads enjoy a morning coffee with their toddlers - must be some kind of children's play group.

I can't help but reflect on the different parenting styles and norms today versus my day. I was far from a perfect parent, but one thing we insisted upon was polite manners when taking our kids to public venue. Measured in terms of "tantrums per minute", today's Starbuck's experience approaches some Guinness Book of World Records.

I have to hand it to these young parents, they have infinitely more patience than I did when my kids were of similar age. I just can't get over the amount of logical reasoning that is applied to today's kids. I have yet to hear the words, "no", "sit down, please" or "please be quite". Instead, there are lengthy discussions explaining why, hitting your sister is not a good thing.

Am I out of line? Maybe too set in my ways?
You didn't have the coping drugs they have.

In my day, they had a saying and I never liked it but heard it often, "children are to be seen and not heard". What a horrible thing to say to a little person, that removes them from being a real person. and causes questions about self value.

CC, I will tell you one thing that is over the top and I see this in my own son and daughter-in-law and sometimes I just want to stand up and scream "Hey, everything they do is not adorable, cute or funny"!!!!!! They're great parents and spend a lot of time on courtesy and manners but damn, stop with the my kid's the cutest crap.

And about that shaving with weasel, that sounds like fun but I gotta have separate lavatories, not sharing with anyone or anything.

And about being out of line, I don't think so at all. Reminds me of being in HEB last fall and this young woman had two kids and one was screaming all around the store, and not in pain, she wanted something and her mother was completely ignoring her and I mean completely. I know that's a parenting move but it was really annoying. As I passed down that aisle, I see this older woman approach her and am close enough to hear her say "Excuse me but you have lovely children but one is extremely loud and there's no reason to subject the people in this store to this. You might want to take your daughter outside until she can regain her composure enough to be out in public". The young woman looked at her with a puzzled look and then at her daughter and politely said "I am so sorry, I will do that. Thank you" and headed toward the door. I was in shock as I was expecting some fireworks and must admit, a little disappointed.

I looked at the older woman and she just shrugged and said "my daughter is just like that. They don't hear them, they block it out. Makes me crazy".

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning Pops and friends. The weather is wonderful here! I want to thank God and the jet stream for showing the deep south some mercy in July.

@Redball Express is still in my thoughts and I will pray more for him with sincerest hopes for him to come back to the forums.

I guess Leon's gone and gotten married again by now. Hope he and his bride are enjoying his cruise and remembered their sun screen.

The lithium battery to my brain must be drained. Coach has me self conscious about paragraphs now and I can't think well enough to fill them in so I'd better shut up right fast, quick and snappy. Have a good day everyone.

Guess who doesn't have to work outside today!
tenor.gif
He's on a cruise and I am stuck here. I hope he gets a sunburned butt from making whoopie during the day.

Xelda

Reaction score
And about being out of line, I don't think so at all. Reminds me of being in HEB last fall and this young woman had two kids and one was screaming all around the store, and not in pain, she wanted something and her mother was completely ignoring her and I mean completely. I know that's a parenting move but it was really annoying. As I passed down that aisle, I see this older woman approach her and am close enough to hear her say "Excuse me but you have lovely children but one is extremely loud and there's no reason to subject the people in this store to this. You might want to take your daughter outside until she can regain her composure enough to be out in public". The young woman looked at her with a puzzled look and then at her daughter and politely said "I am so sorry, I will do that. Thank you" and headed toward the door. I was in shock as I was expecting some fireworks and must admit, a little disappointed.

I looked at the older woman and she just shrugged and said "my daughter is just like that. They don't hear them, they block it out. Makes me crazy".
When kids start screaming in a store, I just assume they are reacting to a public beating or are being sacrificed. The older woman in your story must be the Mom Whisperer! I've never been tempted to have anything tattooed on my body, but her words of wisdom might be worth scrawling up and down my arm