FEATURED Morning Pops!

GrammaJan

Reaction score
It's easy to see someone else go beyond what you'd expect, and feel like an underachiever, but when you can't do the things that used to come easy, it's human nature to feel defeated. Don't beat yourself up over not being the same as someone else.
Hmmmm... I think I'm disappointed in myself for using excuses to get lax and lazy, albeit some were legit per doctors orders for a while. I just needed refocusing. I think I have that now.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Morning Pops!

Happy Sunday to all. Hope everyone is enjoying the 2nd half of their weekend!
Morning Pops and everyone!

Got up and did my six or so miles, so it's a great morning indeed. Jogged about 3/4 this time. It's humid and now I'm tired and need a nap, but... no rest for the weary. Lots to do and one to get it done but me.

Hope you all have a lazy -or- productive day. Do what suits you. Be blessed and be safe in your adventures.

Xelda

Reaction score
Good Sunday morning Pops and friends. I once told a family friend that my father in law had run X miles to which he replied "from what?". Jan, you are making my black belt in shopping look lame! You did a great job, so don't beat yourself up. I'm going to spend today drinking water and peeing to plump my veins up for tomorrow. Crappitydoodah. :oops:

Have a good Sunday everyone.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good afternoon Pops and work eve celebrants.

Went to the City this morning, Austin, and will go to town, Marble Falls, tomorrow to be considered a well traveled man. Took donuts and kolaches to my son and his family, as usual, but returned with some goodies of my own. My son is a foodie, a great cook and a maker of meats. Things like homemade pastrami, chorizo, kielbasa and some pulled pork thrown in for good measure made their way home with me and will make their way into me. I would put his pulled pork up against any pit master and I ate the best in one of the homes of pulled pork, Memphis.

But today is all about Mojitos, Sangria and Gazpacho. I plan on authenticated the occasion by speaking only Spanish this evening. The fact that I do not speak Spanish is of little consequences since I will be alone with only my dogs. Now, they're Cuban but they were born in Oklahoma so they don't understand a word of Spanish.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I didn’t know that..thanks for tip CC
You bet, that comes courtesy of Aaron Franklin, the hottest pit master in the country now and one of the runners up, John Mueller. These guys have taken brisket to a level it's not been before and rewritten the book and both use the same rub, salt and pepper.

People will still lineup for hours before they open, bring lawn chairs and coolers, just to buy Q from those guys. Used to be, people weren't even guaranteed they'd get any but they fixed that by taking orders in the line to make sure they had enough but they run out everyday.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Morning, Pops and pen pals. We are back from the cruise. We had a wonderful time, renewed our vows and ate like there was no tomorrow. I lost my new eyeglasses somewhere in Miami and contracted bronchitis on the ship. I feel like crap right now so I'll go into more details on the cruise later in anyone is interested. Have a great day, folks.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good Morning Pops and Monday Moaners and welcome back Leon and sorry about your eyeglasses, as I'll bet they were a bit pricey, but on the bright side, you can't see yourself in the mirror, which would only make you fell worse. Bad enough to have bronchitis but to look at yourself when you're sick is just overkill. I keep pics of me when I was well for just an occasion. And "well" is a matter of opinion.

Rest up, get better and be proud that you're that guy that instead of just saying "I'd do it all over again", you did it. You should be the Nike spokesman for renewing vows.

Xelda

Reaction score
Morning Pops and friends. Welcome back, Leon! I wanted to pop in while I'm still fresh before heading out to fight medical staff.
th

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to all who decided to stop in and say hello.

Well, it's Monday and the start of Pre-season is now only a few weeks away. I'm hoping that it goes by fast.

Leon, welcome home Buddy! I hope you had a great time!

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John, Jan, Corso and Colo, hope you are all off to a great start.

Everyone, please have a great day!

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to everybody who stops in to check out the thread.

I'm here with the Grandson today so got my hands full this morning.

Had Waffles this morning with homemade Maple Syrup. Got the old Waffle Iron out, gotta keep it in the Garage because my Wife thinks I'm ******** for using it. It's an old one, we have a new electric one that my Wife uses but I use an old cast iron one that you put on the stove or can use on a grill or over a camp fire. She won't have it in the Kitchen, says there is no room. I personally think we could just get rid of one of the 4 Crock Pots we have in the cupbert but what the hell do I know? So, long story short, I keep it the garage. Still makes the best Waffles and/or Pancakes.

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John, Jan, Corso and Colo, I hope you are all off to a great day.

Everybody, please take a little time out of your day to have one good meal. It's amazing that I have to remind myself of this but I do. I've been a little busy of late and I had not really had a decent meal in awhile. I realized that I was just feeling like crap and it was all because I had not eaten a good healthy meal in awhile. Nutrition is important folks. Do yourself a favor and take the time to have at least one good healthy meal a day. Believe me, it will help the quality of your lives.

Have a great day everybody!

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Afternoon Pops and friends. Good news today. I didn't mention that I went to the emergency room Saturday to find out why I was coughing so much. That's when I was diagnosed with bronchitis. The chest x-rays revealed no pneumonia but did show a shadow on my left lung. They said to follow up with my PMP. I did that this morning, got more x-rays and the spot is gone. Lungs are clear and normal. Yaaaay! I hope everyone's tests go as well. Enjoy what's left of your day.

Xelda

Reaction score
Afternoon Pops and friends. I SURVIVED yesterday... barely, but I took people down with me. :grin: I owe some apologies, some owe me apologies and others didn't pay enough attention to rank an apology. I did some Oscar worthy performances when confronted by my arch nemesis (anyone with a needle aimed at my veins) and they told me just look away and think of something pleasant. The first one I asked if she'd cleaned the area. When facing the inevitable, my mind raced for ways to stall. The second one told me to look away as she moved my arm back and forth looking for (and I quote) "a big, fat, juicy vein". She told me to drop my arm off the table and that's when my inner Meryl Streep arose to swoon, groan and maybe howl. I don't know how, but I survived. It must have helped to drink that big glass of water on Sunday. I was hydrated!

I agree with you ABQ, we need to eat regular food. I'm saving it for when I run out of junk food.

Leon, the shadow on your lung reminded me of Joe Versus The Volcano when he was diagnosed with a brain cloud. They wanted him to think he was dying so he'd jump in a volcano after an extravagant break from his mundane existence. Exactly what country were you in that would send you to a pimp? Anyway, get well soon!

Have a good day everyone.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to everybody who stops in to check out the thread.

I'm here with the Grandson today so got my hands full this morning.

Had Waffles this morning with homemade Maple Syrup. Got the old Waffle Iron out, gotta keep it in the Garage because my Wife thinks I'm ******** for using it. It's an old one, we have a new electric one that my Wife uses but I use an old cast iron one that you put on the stove or can use on a grill or over a camp fire. She won't have it in the Kitchen, says there is no room. I personally think we could just get rid of one of the 4 Crock Pots we have in the cupbert but what the hell do I know? So, long story short, I keep it the garage. Still makes the best Waffles and/or Pancakes.

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John, Jan, Corso and Colo, I hope you are all off to a great day.

Everybody, please take a little time out of your day to have one good meal. It's amazing that I have to remind myself of this but I do. I've been a little busy of late and I had not really had a decent meal in awhile. I realized that I was just feeling like crap and it was all because I had not eaten a good healthy meal in awhile. Nutrition is important folks. Do yourself a favor and take the time to have at least one good healthy meal a day. Believe me, it will help the quality of your lives.

Have a great day everybody!
I'm eating a salad right now for dinner, brother. Don't ever let your wife talk you into getting rid of your favorite waffle iron. You know what works for you, and grandkids!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Afternoon Pops and friends. Good news today. I didn't mention that I went to the emergency room Saturday to find out why I was coughing so much. That's when I was diagnosed with bronchitis. The chest x-rays revealed no pneumonia but did show a shadow on my left lung. They said to follow up with my PMP. I did that this morning, got more x-rays and the spot is gone. Lungs are clear and normal. Yaaaay! I hope everyone's tests go as well. Enjoy what's left of your day.
Excellent news, Dix! I wasn't worried though... maybe because you hadn't told us about it! o_O

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Afternoon Pops and friends. I SURVIVED yesterday... barely, but I took people down with me. :grin: I owe some apologies, some owe me apologies and others didn't pay enough attention to rank an apology. I did some Oscar worthy performances when confronted by my arch nemesis (anyone with a needle aimed at my veins) and they told me just look away and think of something pleasant. The first one I asked if she'd cleaned the area. When facing the inevitable, my mind raced for ways to stall. The second one told me to look away as she moved my arm back and forth looking for (and I quote) "a big, fat, juicy vein". She told me to drop my arm off the table and that's when my inner Meryl Streep arose to swoon, groan and maybe howl. I don't know how, but I survived. It must have helped to drink that big glass of water on Sunday. I was hydrated!

I agree with you ABQ, we need to eat regular food. I'm saving it for when I run out of junk food.

Leon, the shadow on your lung reminded me of Joe Versus The Volcano when he was diagnosed with a brain cloud. They wanted him to think he was dying so he'd jump in a volcano after an extravagant break from his mundane existence. Exactly what country were you in that would send you to a pimp? Anyway, get well soon!

Have a good day everyone.
"You didn't get a second opinion for something called a brain cloud?"