FEATURED Morning Pops!

Xelda

Reaction score
Morning Pops and friends. I'd better get this in early so I get the morning wishes from Runny. I've got to get ready to get my results. I don't know why they can't just call me, but my presence is required for all the pomp and circumstance that is the dreaded medical staff. Wish me luck on getting a good parking spot where my car won't get banged up. Have a good day all.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning Pops and everyone else... except for those who read this past noon.

Kind of a hot, sticky morning here. Great conditions to be in lower Brooklyn. I can smell the garbage heating up already.

Hope y'all have a wonderful, fragrant day!
I can one up that one, try the oyster shells on Bourbon Street at 10am on a muggy New Orleans day. Add to that a hangover only New Orleans can deliver. It is a combination for ecstatic masochism.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning Pops and friends. I'd better get this in early so I get the morning wishes from Runny. I've got to get ready to get my results. I don't know why they can't just call me, but my presence is required for all the pomp and circumstance that is the dreaded medical staff. Wish me luck on getting a good parking spot where my car won't get banged up. Have a good day all.
Good results to you, dear lady.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good Morning Pops and inhabitants of the Zone. A 100 degree hump day is on the way and I can't even think of anything good to do away from the AC. I can't even think of anything to do to go out to go into another area with AC.

I was thinking of going boating because I've only been out once this summer and I feel the need to show my manliness and brave the terror of the lake. Three people died on one week, two from actual boating issues and one from a medical issue. But you can bet this is the talk of the town because of all of the rumors about the lake after they opened it in March. Lady in town last week said "that lake is dangerous" to which I responded "people are dangerous".

That flood did some nature rearranging of the bottom of the lake and created new sandbars, one of which is about 100 yards long and the new gathering place for people tempting brain eating amoebas and flesh eating bacteria, neither of which fits with ole CC's design to go out being shot, going out the bedroom window, by a jealous husband. That was the sight of one of the deaths. 3 adults and 6 kids on a boat with a driver that didn't know the lake and hit the exposed sandbar at full speed and killed himself and injured others. But it's the lake's fault.

I've only been on the lake once this year and need to map out my guided tour for my cousin-in-law's (yes, I am for Arkansas) parents from France. They've never been on a boat and I will hit the all time record for my boat of 9 adults. And all will be imbibing.....but 1. Now, if I were to tell you that there would be 9 wine swilling adults in a crowd and 1 was not drinking, would I not be your 9th guess? But someone has to be responsible and that job falls to me because it's my boat. Oh responsibility, what doth thy heavy yoke fall on me?

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Evening Pops and everyone.

Xel, I hope your results came back okay. I'm fortunate to get my results the same day as the test. I couldn't stand waiting.

I'm just now seeing all these posts as my phone has decided to quit alerting me when there's a new one. I have to actually go in to see if there are new comments and to be honest lately I've been swamped at work (had a closing from 'you-know-where' today) and until I settle in for the evening I don't see them.

Got my bill pay taken care of so my evening is complete...except I didn't get to go to the river tonight:(. I've been wanting to go in the morning early before I have to get ready for work but it's still not light enough for me to feel safe since I go alone. Sometimes being single really sucks.

How you all have a nice evening and a great tomorrow. Goodbye July. One step closer to Fall:rolleyes:.

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
Good morning Pops and friends. Word to the wise. Take care of your blood pressure folks. Someone near and dear to my family started on dialysis earlier this week. High BP will harm the heart and kidneys. He’s facing both those obstacles now.

Jan, I don’t get all the alerts either. There’s a glitch somewhere.

Hoping all went well with the results Xelda.

CC you running a tour boat at the lake? Maybe the Mrs and I will head there one day. Do you give senior citizen discounts?

First day of August so now it’s going to get real hot. The last couple of months was practice.

Stay safe and make it a good day everyone.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good morning Pops and friends. Word to the wise. Take care of your blood pressure folks. Someone near and dear to my family started on dialysis earlier this week. High BP will harm the heart and kidneys. He’s facing both those obstacles now.

Jan, I don’t get all the alerts either. There’s a glitch somewhere.

Hoping all went well with the results Xelda.

CC you running a tour boat at the lake? Maybe the Mrs and I will head there one day. Do you give senior citizen discounts?

First day of August so now it’s going to get real hot. The last couple of months was practice.

Stay safe and make it a good day everyone.
RGV, anytime you or any of the crew is down, up or over my way, just let me know and we'll boat our butts off. This is a beautiful place and it's still a nice lake even with the changes. And we've got senior citizens out the wahzoo, you can take some back with you and rent them out as grandparent stand ins.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning Pops and post hump day survivors. I didn't hit the lake yesterday because I messed around and waited until it was too hot. Got PT for my back today and a trip to Bee Cave, a suburb of Austin, for the folks at Whole Foods to see me, they've missed me. The lake is on notice for tomorrow. Lake LBJ, you will be mine!

I started PT a couple of weeks ago because I could only walk a half a mile before my back and hips started giving me fits and the new x ray reveals some spinal stenosis so the surgeon recommended some PT. I had two rounds of steroid injections in my spine about 15 years ago and a common after effect is arthritis in the spine but it was worth the risk.....then. To complicate that, when he gave me Hector, he made my right leg the same length as the left one as there was almost a 1/4" difference which is not unusual. But that does explain why I could never get my pants cuffs to break even and walked with a limp so people wouldn't notice.

You wouldn't think that would make that much difference but I do not walk the same and am more aware of walking. Before I would just walk and not think anything about it but now I am very aware of it and it's not bad, just really unusual and I had to do balance exercises when I first started walking again.

Well, here I am talking about my ailments and complaining about being surrounded by old people. I wonder if they're complaining about me? "That damned CC, always giving me the rundown of the contents of his medicine cabinet and for a month I thought Hector was his imaginary friend, lots of people have them around here, but who names their body parts? I want to know the name of his old hip but I don't want to set him off on another tangent. Holy verbosity, can't he just answer a simple question without a story"?

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good morning Pops and Zoner Friends,

Another blissful day in paradise. The two back-up cats are on the balcony with and we are all enjoying sunrise in our own way: me with a mug of tea and the cats watching the hummingbirds.

Today marks my our 20th anniversary - not of being married, but when we first met. We have actually been married 11 years. We celebrate when we first met because it profoundly affected both of us. Having just recently gone through a very bitter and acrimonious divorce, i was not looking for another relationship. I don't really believe in love at first sight but, there was no doubt something clicked between us.

These sort of days and these memories make a world of difference in your outlook on life.

Have a great post-hump day and a wonderful weekend.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to all who decide to stop in and check out the thread.

Backside of the work week here so trying to button things up. I'm hoping that I can get an early start on the weekend Friday but it never works out that way.

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John, Jan, Corso and Colo, hope you are all well. Myself, I'm doing pretty good this week.

Everybody, be well today. Please enjoy a great day!

Xelda

Reaction score
Morning Pops, friends, Hector and back up cats. Thank you for your wishes, friends. My doctor won't be happy until I glow in the dark, so I'm having another scan on the 8th. I've got a tiny tumor that he ranked a metric number. I wish he had pearls or diamonds (preferred) in the various metric sizes for me to compare.

Don't worry about your stories, Coach. You always put a nice spin on them to convince me that the spirit of Samuel Clemmons visits you regularly. You might be able to rake in some money on your boat tours. First off, we need to know what color your boat is. A green and yellow boat is forbidden.

Happy anniversary Colo and Mrs Colo.

Have a good day everyone.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning Pops, friends, Hector and back up cats. Thank you for your wishes, friends. My doctor won't be happy until I glow in the dark, so I'm having another scan on the 8th. I've got a tiny tumor that he ranked a metric number. I wish he had pearls or diamonds (preferred) in the various metric sizes for me to compare.

Don't worry about your stories, Coach. You always put a nice spin on them to convince me that the spirit of Samuel Clemmons visits you regularly. You might be able to rake in some money on your boat tours. First off, we need to know what color your boat is. A green and yellow boat is forbidden.

Happy anniversary Colo and Mrs Colo.

Have a good day everyone.
It is white, black and red. For those that have hearing loss, got a whale (nautical references, no stopping me) of a sound system and the cutest little feature called the Captain's Choice. I call it the Chic Magnet because I flip a switch and it turns into this low rumbling beast like a cigarette boat, it's like a low rider on the water. I am the Robert Mitchum of Lake LBJ turning it into my own Thunder Road.

Xelda

Reaction score
It is white, black and red. For those that have hearing loss, got a whale (nautical references, no stopping me) of a sound system and the cutest little feature called the Captain's Choice. I call it the Chic Magnet because I flip a switch and it turns into this low rumbling beast like a cigarette boat, it's like a low rider on the water. I am the Robert Mitchum of Lake LBJ turning it into my own Thunder Road.
FOR THE LOVE OF PETE, MAN! You could just tell us it's a deep, majestic navy with sparkly silver stripes and Cowboy stars on the back. After we've seen it, you can swear us to secrecy. The rest of your description is spot on and we'd expect nothing less from the boat of @CouchCoach.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I'm sorry doll, I'm just now seeing this! I hope everything went well, and also that your car looks the same as it did before. (assuming you liked it before)

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Morning Pops and post hump day survivors. I didn't hit the lake yesterday because I messed around and waited until it was too hot. Got PT for my back today and a trip to Bee Cave, a suburb of Austin, for the folks at Whole Foods to see me, they've missed me. The lake is on notice for tomorrow. Lake LBJ, you will be mine!

I started PT a couple of weeks ago because I could only walk a half a mile before my back and hips started giving me fits and the new x ray reveals some spinal stenosis so the surgeon recommended some PT. I had two rounds of steroid injections in my spine about 15 years ago and a common after effect is arthritis in the spine but it was worth the risk.....then. To complicate that, when he gave me Hector, he made my right leg the same length as the left one as there was almost a 1/4" difference which is not unusual. But that does explain why I could never get my pants cuffs to break even and walked with a limp so people wouldn't notice.

You wouldn't think that would make that much difference but I do not walk the same and am more aware of walking. Before I would just walk and not think anything about it but now I am very aware of it and it's not bad, just really unusual and I had to do balance exercises when I first started walking again.

Well, here I am talking about my ailments and complaining about being surrounded by old people. I wonder if they're complaining about me? "That damned CC, always giving me the rundown of the contents of his medicine cabinet and for a month I thought Hector was his imaginary friend, lots of people have them around here, but who names their body parts? I want to know the name of his old hip but I don't want to set him off on another tangent. Holy verbosity, can't he just answer a simple question without a story"?
Are you seeing a chiropractor for PT, CC? He or she should be able to fix your hip angle to the desired pitch, if level doesn't work for you.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to all who decide to stop in and check out the thread.

Backside of the work week here so trying to button things up. I'm hoping that I can get an early start on the weekend Friday but it never works out that way.

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John, Jan, Corso and Colo, hope you are all well. Myself, I'm doing pretty good this week.

Everybody, be well today. Please enjoy a great day!
No, a head start usually just gives you more to do.