FEATURED Morning Pops!

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Afternoon Pops and everyone.

Survived the funeral this morning, barely. I've cried so much over the past week I thought I was spent, but a broken heart is still a broken heart. Held up mostly through the service but lost it on the way home. Rode with my boss and his wife, partly as a means of escape; partly out of necessity.

My vehicle is acting up again and I think it's time to accept that I probably need to replace it. If I do that I'm stuck in this stupid apartment fora while as I don't think on my single income that I can afford a mortgage, car, food and other necessities. I'm so over this whole thing.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. Mine's off to a blazing start :thumbdown:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Happy TGIF Pops and friends. Well, I had a dream and it's not one to inspire anybody. I was in a very long line for something and woke up before I made it to the front. I thought I should go back to sleep so I can make it, but I know my history and wouldn't have the same dream. One day this week, a lady came by wanting to buy my house. She brought me Tootsie Rolls! Something is different about them now. I can't say exactly what, but they're not the same.

Thank you Coach and Dabz for helping me. Conflicting stories, but both are accurate. I have some yard tools in that color green from the Martha Stewart collection.

Good luck with your golf math today, Leon. Thank you @Hot_Toddy for the prayers, both those little kids need them.

Coach, I haven't seen a decent college game yet. It's been strong teams versus sacrificial lambs. As for our game Sunday, I'm dreading it. I'd like for us to put up a large score on them and let them suffer as close up after close up of danged old AR wastes pixels on my TV. Then there's a new crop of freaking Peyton Manning commercials. Fortunately, the advertising community doesn't know how to get my money. Also, what is up with the commercial repeatedly yelling 'fancy pants'? If that's what they're saying. I guess I need to find the gripping thread. Finally, to quote Terry Tate Office Linebacker "You can't cut the cheese where ever you please".

Thank you ABQ for your gracious words and getting Coach to spout some poetry. (Coaches say the darnedest things.) Not everyone has had that gift of great love. The pain of their loss is something I don't think I'd want to risk. I know I've short changed myself by thinking that way, but it's been my path for a long time.

My weekend plans so far are to refine playlists until I actually get up and do something. Have a good Friday everyone and be safe. :star:GO COWBOYS:star:
The LSU-UT game was a good one but there are so many mismatches that too many are over early. There are just so many 5 and 4 star recruits and these NFL farm teams like Bama get their unfair share and they get 5 stars willing to sit until their senior season to get picked on the 1st day.

It's not that the Big 12 doesn't want to play defense, they can't get enough 4 star+ D players away from the SEC and Big 10 so they're like the old AFL, air it out. They do get some quality DB's because they can showcase their skills and talent to the NFL with 40-50 balls in the air per game.

So far, this has not been a good college season but it will get better when the big dogs get into the same yard.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good afternoon Pops and Saturday Party Hats. Another day of high heat but on the bright side one of my final opportunities to ***** and moan about the summer which I plan on doing. Best part about complaining out loud by myself is there's no one to tell me to shut the hell up and try that useless cheering me up and out of my crotchety old man mood. I paid some kids to come by later so I can yell at them to get off my lawn. Paid them extra to flip me off and run away.

Xelda

Reaction score
Hot Saturday Pops and friends.
Good afternoon Pops and Saturday Party Hats. Another day of high heat but on the bright side one of my final opportunities to ***** and moan about the summer which I plan on doing. Best part about complaining out loud by myself is there's no one to tell me to shut the hell up and try that useless cheering me up and out of my crotchety old man mood. I paid some kids to come by later so I can yell at them to get off my lawn. Paid them extra to flip me off and run away.
You truly are the best Rockefeller in the South. I'm sure many of us would be glad to join you in complaining about the heat. It's brutal. I stepped out early and it was in the glorious 70s. I piddled around and decided to power wash my back patio. By the time I decided, hot had set in and I was mad. If it wasn't a chore to load everything back up, I would have passed. Still, I played in the water and took some joy from it. Now to clean all the grime off, but I'm on break.

Oddly enough, I had a dream where everything I pointed at and said something about happened. I was at some grand convention and forgot where I'd parked which isn't like me. I'm wandering around the parking lot and see a large recliner leaning half way off an over pass. Two boys were about to walk under it. I pointed at the chair and said "watch out". They looked up, decided to ignore me and kept walking. The chair came down in a large explosion of splinters and Naugahyde. It barely missed them and then I woke up. I would like more dreams of Xelda knows all.

Once awake, Halloween candy came to mind and all the houses that gave cheap crap to kids. A Snickers was a rare treat which I exchanged sour candy with my siblings for... idjits. I don't know why I woke up with that thought, but there it is.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Evening Pops and everyone.

All this talk of weather has me wanting to weigh in... Idk if it's bragging, but I love the weather we've been having. Highs in the 60's (today is 50's and rainy) and expected to be in the 60's for the coming weeks. Low 70's when I'm in Virginia Beach later this week. I LOVE FALL!!! Can't wait to get out there. Big stuff brewing so I'll update that later after I've arrived and have had time to spend with the grands. Sounds like we'll be doing a lot of weekend traveling while I'm away too. Fly out Thursday very early. 3 days of hel...er, um, work (4 if I make it in tomorrow) left and I'm out of there for almost 2 weeks!

Furnace and housekeeping inspections this week also where I live so part of tomorrow will be spent tidying up for that. Not that I'm messy, but my daughter and Dustin visited last week and I'm still finding remnants of that visit aground my too tiny apartment. (Sigh... she's a brat)

kskboys

Reaction score
Hot Saturday Pops and friends.

You truly are the best Rockefeller in the South. I'm sure many of us would be glad to join you in complaining about the heat. It's brutal. I stepped out early and it was in the glorious 70s. I piddled around and decided to power wash my back patio. By the time I decided, hot had set in and I was mad. If it wasn't a chore to load everything back up, I would have passed. Still, I played in the water and took some joy from it. Now to clean all the grime off, but I'm on break.

Oddly enough, I had a dream where everything I pointed at and said something about happened. I was at some grand convention and forgot where I'd parked which isn't like me. I'm wandering around the parking lot and see a large recliner leaning half way off an over pass. Two boys were about to walk under it. I pointed at the chair and said "watch out". They looked up, decided to ignore me and kept walking. The chair came down in a large explosion of splinters and Naugahyde. It barely missed them and then I woke up. I would like more dreams of Xelda knows all.

Once awake, Halloween candy came to mind and all the houses that gave cheap crap to kids. A Snickers was a rare treat which I exchanged sour candy with my siblings for... idjits. I don't know why I woke up with that thought, but there it is.
Dreaming about chairs. Hmmmmm....

Pretty sure that means your ears are secksy.

Xelda

Reaction score
Dreaming about chairs. Hmmmmm....

Pretty sure that means your ears are secksy.
tenor.gif

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good morning Pops and wow, Xelda, sick minds share the same hood as I woke up thinking about Halloween candy as well but not just any. Remember those putrid whatever in the hell they were wrapped in black or orange wrappers, only time they had the nerve to peddle that crap was with cheap people at Halloween. The kind of people, that were it back in the times of yore, biblical I am talkin' here, Moses' time, I would sneak out and power wash the lamb's blood off their doors and send them on to their just reward.

Xelda

Reaction score
Morning Pops and friends. I've got my fingers and toes crossed for good luck today since I have no actual power over our team and/or putrid coaching of these Rolls Royce's of athleticism. Put your foot down, Jerry!
Good morning Pops and wow, Xelda, sick minds share the same hood as I woke up thinking about Halloween candy as well but not just any. Remember those putrid whatever in the hell they were wrapped in black or orange wrappers, only time they had the nerve to peddle that crap was with cheap people at Halloween. The kind of people, that were it back in the times of yore, biblical I am talkin' here, Moses' time, I would sneak out and power wash the lamb's blood off their doors and send them on to their just reward.
th

I lost it on this post. You've out done yourself, Coach!

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good Saturday Morning to all who have checked in on this thread today.

Usually don't log in on the weekends much but had some time today so thought I would wish everybody well. Few hours before the game so looking forward to that. Need to go ahead and win this thing!

Thinking about making some Green Chile Chicken Fettuccine today. Maybe some homemade Garlic Bread.

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John, Jan, Corso and Colo, happy Sunday to you all!

Everybody, have a great Sunday and enjoy the game!

Everybody, have a great day.

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
(I wonder if Costco is running a special on head coaches...)

Very disappointing loss. Before I retired, I dreaded Mondays especially after a loss lol. Now I get a couple of texts and it’s over and done.

I don’t mind a hard fought loss but this was a gift given to, of all teams the packers. sheesh. Maybe just maybe we’ll get a new hc out of this...

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Very disappointing loss. Before I retired, I dreaded Mondays especially after a loss lol. Now I get a couple of texts and it’s over and done.

I don’t mind a hard fought loss but this was a gift given to, of all teams the packers. sheesh. Maybe just maybe we’ll get a new hc out of this...
Honestly, it's embarrassing having your coach throw a tantrum, regardless of the situation, not to mention them OVERPAYING these people to play a game. This is the lousy topping on the crappy cake that has been my last two weeks...and then tomorrow is Monday. (Smh)

Xelda

Reaction score
It's embarrassing how upset I got. I had to take a tranquilizer (and a half) at the end of the 3rd quarter. It was that or drink and I was about to throw up anyway. My head was pounding just like when I was married. People know how to plan against us, but do we have anyone planning against them? It doesn't look like it. I don't blame Dak for the first interception that bounced out of Cooper's hands. That second one lowered his stock quite a bit. If you're going to sign him Jerry, now would be a good time. I didn't mind Garrett throwing a temper tantrum. I wouldn't have cared it he'd run out and dropped his drawers at mid field. Show us you aren't complacent, it will be news to us. As it stands, another week of mourning for the faithful. Time to put on some blues and cry the night away.

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
Honestly, it's embarrassing having your coach throw a tantrum, regardless of the situation, not to mention them OVERPAYING these people to play a game. This is the lousy topping on the crappy cake that has been my last two weeks...and then tomorrow is Monday. (Smh)

It sure would be nice if we could get some turnovers. They never seem to even out. We’re always the most generous.

Wife and I were thinking about attending a game this year but after this showing, we’ll keep the money and vacation somewhere else.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
:lmao:
3ckcnj.jpg

(I wonder if Costco is running a special on head coaches...)
Wife and I were thinking about attending a game this year but after this showing, we’ll keep the money and vacation somewhere else.
It's embarrassing how upset I got. I had to take a tranquilizer (and a half) at the end of the 3rd quarter.
Honestly, it's embarrassing having your coach throw a tantrum,(Smh)

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I was actually happy with Garrett expressing extreme displeasure at the thought of having to use a challenge for such a blatant call. It seemed to light a fire under the players' butts too.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Morning, Pops and pen pals. We finally got the cool weather that had been promised. It's nice and brisk outside this morning. A welcome change from yesterday which was still hot. Well, the game didn't turn out like we would have liked. Tyron was really missed at left tackle and La el at right. It will also be nice when Gallup gets fully recovered.

Great pic, DBRP.

Have a great day!