FEATURED Morning Pops!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning Pops and fellow survivors of the loss, the loss of the century and heads should roll and I am for halftime live flogging. Make them coach from the sideline in stocks, Moore will be allowed a play chart holder, official title for that job is Play Chart Holder. I want Garrett with his hands in those stocks, as far apart as possible, and want to watch the pained expression on his face as he tries to clap. I want his wife to flog him because she probably doesn't like him any better than the Fan Forum.

Confession, my fanhood has it's limitations and when I saw that video of that old peacock Booger strutting down Bourbon so those drunks dressed as children could chant his name, I was OK with a loss. I watched the interview with Teddy Bridgewater after the game and see what people like about him.

Now, I will not be OK with a loss to Mr. Smug, I cannot stand watching that poser with those close ups of his smugness in that helmet. But he is the most interesting man in the world, who else would sit and play with an insurance company's app? And I thought I was bored.

Xelda

Reaction score
Morning Pops and friends. I went to the Cowboys official web site looking for an apology and didn't get one. I like the half time flogging idea though the score should dictate time of said flogging. Sometimes half time isn't the best time. After our first series, we should have taken a time out to start the flogging process. We've got two more time outs before half time, Garrett. Half time would be much worse if things hadn't improved. I think the flogger should be the person in the stadium with the most ridiculous game day outfit in a silver/blue scheme. Anyone willing to deck themselves out like Ronald McDonald on drugs, should get first crack at him. Do it for America Mr Clown!!! Then he can take a bath and blend back into society. We will call him our Official Coach Beater of the NFL.

Have a good Tuesday everyone.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Morning, Pops and pen pals. I got my flu shot yesterday and my arm is a little bit sore today. Going to join my friends in a round of golf today. I haven't played in six weeks so it should be interesting (read frustrating). See Y'all tomorrow.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Morning Pops.

Well, once again the radio played Highway to Hell on my way to Brooklyn. Once again it was prophetic.

I'm right around the corner from my stop, and I still have no idea how to get there. Every street is a one way going the wrong way. I don't even see how it's possible to get to the stop. Gotta have the guys come get me and stop traffic, then guide me to where I need to be.

Come on, Lotto numbers!!

LeonDixson

Reaction score
Morning Pops.

Well, once again the radio played Highway to Hell on my way to Brooklyn. Once again it was prophetic.

I'm right around the corner from my stop, and I still have no idea how to get there. Every street is a one way going the wrong way. I don't even see how it's possible to get to the stop. Gotta have the guys come get me and stop traffic, then guide me to where I need to be.

Come on, Lotto numbers!!
I hate it when that happens! Good luck, Runny.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning Pops.

Come on, Lotto numbers!!
Runny, back down the one way street, you will still be illegal but you'll look like you're going the right way. Laws were created for one specific reason, to test and stretch the creativity and ingenuity of humans. Those one way streets are only protecting drivers from head on collisions, you'll be going backwards.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good morning Pops and I return to this thread with a heavy mind and heart. I just returned from getting my pedicure and asked the young girl where Lin was, the owner. Three weeks ago her 4 year old little boy woke up paralyzed and this after open heart surgery just 6 months ago and they rushed him to the ER. After the tests, they discovered two areas in his brain that surprised them that they hadn't ruptured, such was the swelling. He had brain surgery to relieve the swelling but he hasn't regained the use of his right leg yet and they're not sure he ever will. He has a scar down the center of his chest and now one across his head from ear to ear and he's only 4 years old. I flashed back to when we were told our 1 year old was 50/50 through the night with spinal meningitis and the absolute terror I felt. That was one night and what these folks have endured is a living horror.

I do not tell you this to make you sad but to reinforce that "treat everyone with kindness for we know not the battles they are fighting". If you pray, please say one for this family. Lin is a great lady and her staff loves her like family and she really cares for her customers.

This morning I got up a little stiff in the back and my ankle flaring up and didn't know how good I had it. I wish I didn't need the suffering of others to make mine seem trivial. I am flawed and keep failing to learn the lessons. And there is surely no shortage of lessons.

Xelda

Reaction score
Afternoon Pops and friends. I worked on my bathroom wall playlist some more last night. It's getting good but it looks like I might need to work on a get your butt up and do the job playlist. That's definitely up tempo.
Morning Pops.:)
Well, once again the radio played Highway to Hell on my way to Brooklyn. :yourock: Once again it was prophetic.:omg:

I'm right around the corner from my stop, and I still have no idea how to get there.:huh: Every street is a one way going the wrong way. :angry: I don't even see how it's possible to get to the stop. :banghead:Gotta have the guys come get me and stop traffic, then guide me to where I need to be.:popcorn:

Come on, Lotto numbers!! :flagwave:
I decorated your morning, Runny. :grin:

Have a good Wednesday in spite of the lemons life can hand you

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Afternoon Pops and friends. I worked on my bathroom wall playlist some more last night. It's getting good but it looks like I might need to work on a get your butt up and do the job playlist. That's definitely up tempo.

Now I feel like I was underachieving!

LeonDixson

Reaction score

Xelda, I'm disappointed. I threw you a softball and you didn't hit it. When I said my arm was a little bit sore after getting my flue shot I was sure you would say something like if your arm knew you voluntarily let them stick a needle in it, it would be more than a little sore it would be absolutely livid.

Xelda

Reaction score
Ah Coach, your female footy friend and son will be in my prayers. Everyone needs prayer, but this poor family requires intercession on their behalf. You know how boys are though, he won't be able to keep his shirt for showing his battle scars.

I wrote about keeping up with a girl on the internet that has an incurable form of brain cancer. Her birthday was in early August, she would turn 7. Her family was hoping she'd live long enough to reach that birthday. It was gut wrenching, but I felt compelled to keep up with her. Kind internet folks have paid for them to be on Caring Bridge and they've been faithful to post weekly updates. I know there were updates written through tears. Word got out to many via the internet and some knew a doctor that specializes in brain surgery. The surgery would happen just before her 7th birthday. She was in hospice by then. He came back early from vacation to operate on her. She lived, the surgery was successful and she got to go home. When her parents turned onto their street with her, the majority of the neighborhood was out to greet them. A group of girls got together and put up homemade signs In their yard to greet her.

Her family gives weekly updates on how much she's enjoying life. Her right side appears paralyzed, but it doesn't stop her from smiling and they say she's enjoying every minute of life. She's weaned off most of her medication. She's able to attend full days of school now. Someone posted something on Facebook about a young man serving over seas who needed some basics. She got to shop and put together some things for him. A toothbrush, kiwi flavored toothpaste and other things. The police have taken their service dogs to spend time with her. Her brother's football team wore pink socks with Team Emma (her name) on each sock. For comparison's sake imagine little Packers wearing pink socks. It was that kind of clash. Last week she did a commercial for the local humane society. The latest update is how hard she laughs along with people of all ages. She's so young, but has a great deal more wisdom than I've got.

A final note is her parents let her decide whether to fight the cancer or not. She told them "I want to live" and so she's endured a great deal just to see today and the family is grateful to spend it with her.

I wouldn't have burdened any of you with this until it turned around. Every week is seen as a gift for them and I want to appreciate it more myself.
Now I feel like I was underachieving!
NEVER!

Xelda

Reaction score
Xelda, I'm disappointed. I threw you a softball and you didn't hit it. When I said my arm was a little bit sore after getting my flue shot I was sure you would say something like if your arm knew you voluntarily let them stick a needle in it, it would be more than a little sore it would be absolutely livid.
I apologize for glossing over that shot. My mind jumped to 'you need a flu shot, too' so I turned a deaf ear to it. I are sorry about your sore arm, but it will probably provide us with some giggles over your next assessment of golfing and confuse me with more golf math.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I apologize for glossing over that shot. My mind jumped to 'you need a flu shot, too' so I turned a deaf ear to it. I are sorry about your sore arm, but it will probably provide us with some giggles over your next assessment of golfing and confuse me with more golf math.
He just wanted you to comment so he'd know you believed it was a flu shot that made his arm sore.
:muttley:

Xelda

Reaction score
Let me say I appreciate the lack of snide comments about me and my pedicures and I don't get my nails painted...………...except at holidays.
We admire you for not allowing a pedicure to undermine your manhood. You are 100% man and no one doubts it. Now, we'd like a teeny bit more information from you. Do you wax? What, where and does it hurt?

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
3c8vo9.gif

I don't get my nails painted...………...except at holidays.

Do you wax? What, where and does it hurt?

LeonDixson

Reaction score
Morning, Pops and pen pals. There aren't enough numbers in the world to count up my golf score yesterday. But, at least I got to see my buddies and drink a beer with them. We are supposed to get some cooler weather late this week and next so maybe fall has finally arrived.

Xelda, that was a very heart warming story you posted. I said a prayer for the little girl. Couch, I' m also praying for the little boy.

Good shot there, Runny.

Keep on keeping on, Y'all.