FEATURED Morning Pops!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good morning Pops and those ready for a break in the weather. I saw that 100 cities broke records yesterday but it looks like changes are on the way and Sunday might be our last day of 90+ and we'll actually get into the 50's on Monday. While this has been a miserable summer, it has served a purpose to get more people thinking about the climate that the scientists want us to think about. But I fear that climate is like weather, everybody talks about it but nobody does anything.

Thanks Leon and you'll get that golf score back in the low 100's really soon. As Clarence Carter sang "just keep stroking it". My arm is fine after the flu shot because I am a manly man except for that handyman thing you seem to be so good at. Anything my wife asked me to do usually got the reply "can't hon, just got the nails done".

Xelda, I would answer your question but when you wrote that, I could hear a collective holding of breath on the forum and hundreds of prayers "Please God, don't let him do it. I'm struggling to handle the image of him sitting in that massage chair, watching The View and exchanging gossip with the girls. There is just so much my mind can take". So in love for my fellow posters, that information shall remain private.

Runny, did you get to where you were going? You may have been the only person I know to actually be in that famous place, "you can't get there from here".

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
happy0055.gif
3cabts.gif

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good morning Pops and those ready for a break in the weather. I saw that 100 cities broke records yesterday but it looks like changes are on the way and Sunday might be our last day of 90+ and we'll actually get into the 50's on Monday. While this has been a miserable summer, it has served a purpose to get more people thinking about the climate that the scientists want us to think about. But I fear that climate is like weather, everybody talks about it but nobody does anything.

Thanks Leon and you'll get that golf score back in the low 100's really soon. As Clarence Carter sang "just keep stroking it". My arm is fine after the flu shot because I am a manly man except for that handyman thing you seem to be so good at. Anything my wife asked me to do usually got the reply "can't hon, just got the nails done".

Xelda, I would answer your question but when you wrote that, I could hear a collective holding of breath on the forum and hundreds of prayers "Please God, don't let him do it. I'm struggling to handle the image of him sitting in that massage chair, watching The View and exchanging gossip with the girls. There is just so much my mind can take". So in love for my fellow posters, that information shall remain private.

Runny, did you get to where you were going? You may have been the only person I know to actually be in that famous place, "you can't get there from here".
As it turned out, the loading dock wasn't on the street I was trying to get to. It was on the street I decided to park on, and right behind me.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good morning Pops, and a very happy birthday to Stevie Ray Vaughan.... Okay, maybe it's not so happy for you, Stevie, but just so you know, if you're listening, thanks for the incredible music, and your attempts to make electric blues a mainstream genre!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good morning Pops, and a very happy birthday to Stevie Ray Vaughan.... Okay, maybe it's not so happy for you, Stevie, but just so you know, if you're listening, thanks for the incredible music, and your attempts to make electric blues a mainstream genre!
He did make it that in Austin, all they had for several years were Stevie Ray rips and riffs. Austin had been known for outlaw country and then he exploded and that became the signature sound but that evolved to more of an alternative base but for a while it was Stevie Ray time, all of the time.

Xelda

Reaction score
Afternoon Pops and friends. Only a few more days of 90+ and then we get to enjoy some 80s! :thumbup: There's been a polite and most welcome breeze lately, but it's from the South so it's keeping current weather patterns in place. Still! Breezes are wonderful! I saw where Runny got up to a 35 degree morning and can only say that's rude! I demand seasonal temperatures for at least 2 months before hopping over into ice on the roads. So let it be written, so let it be done.
Morning, Pops and pen pals. There aren't enough numbers in the world to count up my golf score yesterday. But, at least I got to see my buddies and drink a beer with them. We are supposed to get some cooler weather late this week and next so maybe fall has finally arrived.

Xelda, that was a very heart warming story you posted. I said a prayer for the little girl. Couch, I' m also praying for the little boy.

Good shot there, Runny.

Keep on keeping on, Y'all.
Sorry to hear about your golf game, but you did suffer that grievous injury to your arm the day before. You should have been in bed ringing a bell for ice cream instead of playing the warrior on the green. Thank you for the prayers for Emma and the lady's son, Leon.

Your call but I just want you to know that it wounds the wimmin folk to not have that information. We gathered and were nominating the most dapper poster. I was actively throwing out propaganda on your behalf. I thought regular pedicures would keep you in the running, but waxing would put you over the top. I saw on Better Late Than Never where Terry Bradshaw had a strip of wax on his hairy chest. They ripped it off and well, there was no acting involved with his response. They actually took some skin with them so I don't blame anyone for not waxing.
Happy Birthday SRV.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good afternoon Zoner Friends,

I am at the LAX airport (an airport that I truly detest) awaiting my flight to Brisbane with on-going connections to Papua New Guinea.

I never really developed a passion for golf or tennis, but somewhere along life's journey, I developed a real passion for scuba diving. For you golfers, where I am headed is the golf equivalent to St Andrews in Scotland... hallowed ground so to speak.

I look forward to catching up in a couple of weeks. In the meantime, keep your powder dry an, may the force be with you.

Hot_Toddy

Reaction score
Morning, Pops and pen pals. There aren't enough numbers in the world to count up my golf score yesterday. But, at least I got to see my buddies and drink a beer with them. We are supposed to get some cooler weather late this week and next so maybe fall has finally arrived.

Xelda, that was a very heart warming story you posted. I said a prayer for the little girl. Couch, I' m also praying for the little boy.

Good shot there, Runny.

Keep on keeping on, Y'all.
Moning Pops! Morning everyone.

Leon, thanks for pointing that out that post by Xelda. I didn't see that post. All prayers complete.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning Pops and my fellow posters and those lurking about, only to confess once they sign up that they were spying on us. I feel so.....violated. However, when someone asks me "is someone watching you"? I can answer in the affirmative.

The weekend is upon us and I continue to try and celebrate that even though I am retired. I disliked working so much that Friday-Sunday was special except for Sunday night. So the excitement of Friday has dissipated slightly but the sadness of Sunday night has as well so I guess I'm ahead of the game. And I still celebrate Hump Day with those that work. As well as Margarita Mondays, Twofer Tuesdays and Thirsty Thursdays.

Not a lot of good college games on tomorrow; however, the big game is on Sunday and we get to play the Joe Buck Aaron Rodgers drinking game, his favorite phrase next to "Hall of Famer Troy Aikman" which he did not use last night to start the second half and I had to stop drinking. Is it just me or when Aikman is talking and Buck does that little smile to the camera, isn't that an "I just farted and nobody know it was me" smile? Watch that on Sunday and see if you don't agree and don't any of you try to tell me that you don't own that smile yourself. Hell, that's the only reason I ride elevators.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops, morning fellas and good morning to all who stop in this morning to check out this thread.

Been a minute, since I've posted in this thread, my apologies everybody. The good news is that while I have been absent without a note, this thread has built up a solid base of posters who make sure that it continues to live on and that's good. That's actually more important then you may realize to a lot of long time posters on this forum. So today I say, bravo to all of you for continuing to make this the best thread on the best board on the Interweb!

Friday is here so welcome to the weekend everybody! Need to rebound this week and beat GBay! I hope all of you have great plans for the weekend! Think I might make Green Chile Stew this weekend. It's cold and rainy here, basically hitting weather and nothing beats a good bowl of Green Chile Stew and some homemade Tortillas.

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John, Jan, Corso and Colo, have a great weekend ya'll.

Rumi once wrote, "A pen went scribbling along. When it tried to write love, it broke." When I was young I never really understood that. Now that I'm a little older, maybe it's that I pay attention a little better, I don't know, but to me this says that anything you really love requires a deep feeling that can't really be articulated without that level of commitment. Some people call it heart, some soul, whatever the case, my hope is that all of you have somebody currently in your life or in your near future that lives up to Rumi's words.

Everyone, enjoy the weekend! Have fun and be safe!

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Afternoon Pops and Everyone.

Crazy week. Glad it's over. Tomorrow morning I have the funeral for my friend Mark and I'll probably work Sunday morning. Winding up for my escape from the Midwest and trip to Virginia Beach. So excited to get away from 'home' and work.

Here's hoping the Cowboys can reach deep into that 10-gallon hat and gift us a WIN Sunday.

Have a great rest of your Friday, people.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning Pops, morning fellas and good morning to all who stop in this morning to check out this thread.

Been a minute, since I've posted in this thread, my apologies everybody. The good news is that while I have been absent without a note, this thread has built up a solid base of posters who make sure that it continues to live on and that's good. That's actually more important then you may realize to a lot of long time posters on this forum. So today I say, bravo to all of you for continuing to make this the best thread on the best board on the Interweb!

Friday is here so welcome to the weekend everybody! Need to rebound this week and beat GBay! I hope all of you have great plans for the weekend! Think I might make Green Chile Stew this weekend. It's cold and rainy here, basically hitting weather and nothing beats a good bowl of Green Chile Stew and some homemade Tortillas.

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John, Jan, Corso and Colo, have a great weekend ya'll.

Rumi once wrote, "A pen went scribbling along. When it tried to write love, it broke." When I was young I never really understood that. Now that I'm a little older, maybe it's that I pay attention a little better, I don't know, but to me this says that anything you really love requires a deep feeling that can't really be articulated without that level of commitment. Some people call it heart, some soul, whatever the case, my hope is that all of you have somebody currently in your life or in your near future that lives up to Rumi's words.

He wrote that? Playing Freddy Mercury and writing that, what a talent.

Thanks for thought but I do not have that person, nor are they in the near future but I did and that works for me as I know men that continue to search for what Rumi was writing about. And I am not going to feel bad now when someone calls me a Rummy.

"Do not lament for what was and will never be again,
For within the raging storm lies the cleansing rain.
I recall life's surprising gifts when I start to feel sad
About what I don't have but thankful for what I had.
To rail against that cold night but only to surrender
To the knowledge that all gifts are return to sender".

Xelda

Reaction score
Happy TGIF Pops and friends. Well, I had a dream and it's not one to inspire anybody. I was in a very long line for something and woke up before I made it to the front. I thought I should go back to sleep so I can make it, but I know my history and wouldn't have the same dream. One day this week, a lady came by wanting to buy my house. She brought me Tootsie Rolls! Something is different about them now. I can't say exactly what, but they're not the same.

Thank you Coach and Dabz for helping me. Conflicting stories, but both are accurate. I have some yard tools in that color green from the Martha Stewart collection.

Good luck with your golf math today, Leon. Thank you @Hot_Toddy for the prayers, both those little kids need them.

Coach, I haven't seen a decent college game yet. It's been strong teams versus sacrificial lambs. As for our game Sunday, I'm dreading it. I'd like for us to put up a large score on them and let them suffer as close up after close up of danged old AR wastes pixels on my TV. Then there's a new crop of freaking Peyton Manning commercials. Fortunately, the advertising community doesn't know how to get my money. Also, what is up with the commercial repeatedly yelling 'fancy pants'? If that's what they're saying. I guess I need to find the gripping thread. Finally, to quote Terry Tate Office Linebacker "You can't cut the cheese where ever you please".

Thank you ABQ for your gracious words and getting Coach to spout some poetry. (Coaches say the darnedest things.) Not everyone has had that gift of great love. The pain of their loss is something I don't think I'd want to risk. I know I've short changed myself by thinking that way, but it's been my path for a long time.

My weekend plans so far are to refine playlists until I actually get up and do something. Have a good Friday everyone and be safe. :star:GO COWBOYS:star:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Someday, you and those who knew Pops well will have to sit down and tell us all about him. He clearly earned a great deal of love and respect.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Morning, Pops and pen pals. Welcome to the Weekend! I did a lot better at golf yesterday; closer to my normal scores. Gonna check out the college games today and I don't plan on doing much else except for a quick run to Walmart. We're looking for a high of 84 today which would be about 8 degrees cooler than yesterday. Have a great day, peeps.