FEATURED Morning Pops!

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Morning Pops and everyone.

Finally made it "home" last night after a couple delays. We had an initial 1hr delay because there had been a problem with a plane (not ours supposedly) earlier in the day and our crew spent the day playing catch up on the flights. Then, when they finally get there and we board they find a "maintenance" issue in the pre-flight check. A light bulb was out at the emergency exit. So they said it would be about a half hour to repair (it actually went quicker). They had to remove the emergency exit door to replace the bulb, then reinstall the door. So we're all sitting there hoping they get it right and that the door is reinstalled properly and doesn't then fall off the plane during flight and we all get sucked out (slight exaggeration lol). Ridiculous turbulence from VA to Detroit and even worse coming in to Moline. Kudos to the pilot. It was a tiny "regional" jet, as they say and he did a good job getting us on the ground in some pretty rotten wind.

I wonder if pilots are like Dr. Johnny Fever on that episode of WKRP in Cincinnati where they were doing the "test" to show how intoxication affects your reflexes...

Have a good day all. I'm off to the store as there is no thing to eat in my apartment and this girl needs food.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good morning Pops and good news, Leon, and glad Jan made it home. Got blindsided last night by some horrible news and I don't think I slept last night, I was in a wide awake dream like state.

When I worked in OK, I had 3 ladies that worked for me, 2 in sales, and my Office Manager that were like daughters to me and have stayed in touch after I retired and I found out 2 of them were planning a surprise visit to come see me from OK next month. My former Office Manager, her name was Shea, was killed in an automobile accident yesterday afternoon when she swerved to avoid another vehicle.

I can't stop the tears, she was my anchor as my wife fought for her life, Shea held everything together at the stations and held me together when I was falling apart. I was there for her during her devastating divorce and she was there for me, like a good daughter would have been. That's what she was to me; she was an exceptional friend that qualified as family.

She went through a tough divorce and her daughter does not have a good relationship with her Dad as she is the one that caught him cheating on her Mom with her teacher. They had the closest mother-daughter, or parent-child, relationship I've ever seen and please keep a prayer and thought for Reaghan as this is going to be a living nightmare for this 20 year old young lady. Her Mom was everything to her and it was reciprocal and she's suffered from depression, as her Mom did, and this is going to be such a tough hill to climb for one so young.

Loss should come with directions and I slept walked through life until those closest to me, beginning with my Dad, began to pass from this earth. I just took for granted that those I loved and that loved me would be here. Now, one in the prime of her life and happier than any of us have ever seen her is gone. Just like that, everything for that family has changed.

Do yourself a favor, hug those close to you today and hold them just a little bit longer, call, don't text, a family member or friend and tell them you need to hear their voice and you need to tell them how important they are, people can never hear that enough. It can all change in the blink of an eye.

Xelda

Reaction score
Morning Pops and friends. I'm glad you caught the melanoma early, Leon. You are welcome for the recipe, it's so easy that it shouldn't taste as good as it does.

RGV, be careful around gators. They don't have any common sense.

Welcome back to ground zero, Jan. Pull yourself up by the bootstraps and make sure today will be handled on your terms with no drama.

I'm so sorry to hear about Shea, Coach. God be with her daughter, Reaghan as she contends with the cruel and terrible loss of her mother. May Jesus walk closer to everyone (including Coach) that loves Shea and bring each one comfort.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Good morning Pops and good news, Leon, and glad Jan made it home. Got blindsided last night by some horrible news and I don't think I slept last night, I was in a wide awake dream like state.

When I worked in OK, I had 3 ladies that worked for me, 2 in sales, and my Office Manager that were like daughters to me and have stayed in touch after I retired and I found out 2 of them were planning a surprise visit to come see me from OK next month. My former Office Manager, her name was Shea, was killed in an automobile accident yesterday afternoon when she swerved to avoid another vehicle.

I can't stop the tears, she was my anchor as my wife fought for her life, Shea held everything together at the stations and held me together when I was falling apart. I was there for her during her devastating divorce and she was there for me, like a good daughter would have been. That's what she was to me; she was an exceptional friend that qualified as family.

She went through a tough divorce and her daughter does not have a good relationship with her Dad as she is the one that caught him cheating on her Mom with her teacher. They had the closest mother-daughter, or parent-child, relationship I've ever seen and please keep a prayer and thought for Reaghan as this is going to be a living nightmare for this 20 year old young lady. Her Mom was everything to her and it was reciprocal and she's suffered from depression, as her Mom did, and this is going to be such a tough hill to climb for one so young.

Loss should come with directions and I slept walked through life until those closest to me, beginning with my Dad, began to pass from this earth. I just took for granted that those I loved and that loved me would be here. Now, one in the prime of her life and happier than any of us have ever seen her is gone. Just like that, everything for that family has changed.

Do yourself a favor, hug those close to you today and hold them just a little bit longer, call, don't text, a family member or friend and tell them you need to hear their voice and you need to tell them how important they are, people can never hear that enough. It can all change in the blink of an eye.
Coach, so sorry to hear of your loss. God only knows the plan. Always hard to imagine what it could be with so much heartbreak. Will keep everyone in my thoughts and prayers.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

The greatest hazard of getting older is losing more people along the way. I'm so sorry for yet another load, CC.

Cowboys_22

Reaction score

So sorry for your loss CC. My condolences to you and her family. We spend so much time with coworkers, they actually become family. That’s a tough one my friend. For what it’s worth, just know that you are in our thoughts and prayers. My heart aches along with yours.
I’ll take your advice and make some phone calls.

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
Morning Pops and friends. I'm glad you caught the melanoma early, Leon. You are welcome for the recipe, it's so easy that it shouldn't taste as good as it does.

RGV, be careful around gators. They don't have any common sense.

Welcome back to ground zero, Jan. Pull yourself up by the bootstraps and make sure today will be handled on your terms with no drama.

I'm so sorry to hear about Shea, Coach. God be with her daughter, Reaghan as she contends with the cruel and terrible loss of her mother. May Jesus walk closer to everyone (including Coach) that loves Shea and bring each one comfort.

We saw a few gators X. We stayed a safe distance from the water. In some places the lake is on one side of the trail and a swamp on the other side so I told my wife, “ let’s stay in the middle of the trail”. You shouldn’t let your guard down near the water in these parts.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Morning Pops, morning CZ folk.

Looks like it's going to be a nice day, weather wise, here in NYC. 7:00 and I'm already at my second stop. Hopefully the rest of the day goes this well!

Happy Humpday to all!

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Morning, Pops and pen pals. Welcome home, Jan. Glad you made it home with your sanity intact. Coach, I'm sorry to hear of your friend/adopted daughter's passing. I will pray for all involved.

We have another beautiful day ahead of us here in Granbury. My 6 yo grandson is into Taco Tuesdays. Normally we make them at home, but yesterday I went to Taco Bell and brought home a party pack of crunchy and soft tacos. It was a fun change of pace. Take care, everyone.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
3e3rui.gif

We’ll have to watch out for gators, they get pretty big there.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to all who stopped in to visit this thread.

Man, been a blur this past two weeks or so. I honestly have no idea where all the time has gone. Kinda worries me because it's not like time is standing still, just me! :laugh:

Sounds like a lot has gone on here..........

Leon, good news on the catch. Can't do enough to kick Cancer's arse!

Jan, no worries girl, the young always figure it out, one way or the other. And if you need more cheering up (As I recall), the weather in Iowa will be dipping soon so you got that going for you! Never the less, it's always better to be back home. Just take in some of that for a little while and I think you find that things will be better. :thumbup:

Coach, that's tough news old hos. I'm sorry to receive it. All you can do is enjoy the ones still here Brother.

RGV, I assume things are trucking along, no issues? If so, that's welcome news my friend!

RWB with Load issues going on.......... Lord.........

Jobs, I hope you are doing well Brother. I miss you around this thread.

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John, Jan, Corso and Colo, I hope you are doing well. I'm pulling for you if not.

Everybody, lets put Wednesday behind us and start the count down to the Weekend! Been a long stretch and I think I'm ready to cut loose and maybe have a few cold ones this weekend. Got some Summer Shandy in the Man Cave. Summer has headed for the hills so I think maybe I'll go ahead and finish that off this weekend. Wife is headed to Cali to go see the Fat Mouse for the 5th time this year........... I, myself, haven't taken a vacation in about 4 years so I think I can be safe in my Cave, watching Football, drinking some Leinkugel and maybe cooking up a batch of Beef Stew. Actually sounds kinda good.

Everybody, have a great day, work hard, get home safe and enjoy the feeling that you have done a good days work! Remember, the work you do, the life you lead is not a reflection of your employer. It's a reflection of you, a reflection of your Parents and your Family. It's your good work, after all.

Peace!

Last edited:

Xelda

Reaction score
Afternoon Pops and friends. Last night I decided to make cookies. My stand mixer is getting wonky. I had all the dry ingredients in the bowl and turned the mixer on slow, nothing. I turned it up a little more,l nothing. I cranked it up to high and it kicked in, spinning ingredients out of the bowl, into the air and settling in places I'll find in about 5 years. I noticed I'm not nearly as neat as I used to be. My counters had stuff scattered everywhere. I'm still impressed with me for making my favorite cookies. I was going to send them to a couple of friends that have a birthday soon, but a lot of the ingredients had passed their expiration date and taken on a different form. Powder became bricks, so I might head to the store and get fresh ingredients for them and the top of the ceiling fan.

I've got a chopping do-hickey coming today so I may freeze another batch of taco soup for the winter. I have a mandolin with lethally sharp blades sticking up, but I get a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach looking at it. The new one is going to be much safer. I hope to get my winter cooking over and have a fully stocked freezer soon.
Who is rasslin' whom here? That's a whole lot of mouth, muscle and teeth. I can't imagine what that man was thinking.

Have a good Wednesday everyone.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Morning, Pops and pen pals. That guy's adrenaline level must be at heart attack proportions. We played 9 holes of golf yesterday and it was wiiiiiindy. My score was okay (on pace for 88) but I had to quit after nine holes due to a strained latissimus dorsi. Have a fun day.