FEATURED Morning Pops!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning, Pops and pen pals. That guy's adrenaline level must be at heart attack proportions. We played 9 holes of golf yesterday and it was wiiiiiindy. My score was okay (on pace for 88) but I had to quit after nine holes due to a strained latissimus dorsi. Have a fun day.
My, my Leon, never picked you for a pessimist. I assume you shot 44 on the front nine and therefore concluded, erroneously, that you would have shot 44 on the back nine?

Stay with me here because it's going to get scientific, laws applied here, but I will keep it in laymen's terms for the rest of them. The wind affected your shots and scoring but the wind was dying down so that would not have been in effect....the Law of Nature Couple this with the physical process of your body becoming more flexible and limber as it warmed up would have allowed for a more fluid stroke.....the Law of Physics. So, it is safe to assume that you would have reduced your score by 8 strokes, assuming one par 3 on the back nine, resulting in a score of 36 on the back none for a total of 80......the Law of Golf Lying. The Law Of Golf Lying isn't about where the ball lies, it's about lying about what would have been.

BTW, lying is perfectly acceptable in the draft and from fisherpersons and golfers (I would add wayward husbands here but that's a sensitive issue to some here). Actually, expected and accepted. Congrats on your round of 80 and I look forward to better scores in the future. Wanna get better at golf? Get better at creativity. If that had been me, I'd have assumed at least one hole in one on that back nine and holing out with a 2 iron from 200 yards out but I am advanced in yarn spinning.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good morning Pops and Zoner Friends,

Awoke this morning to about 6 inches of snow and temperatures in the mid-20's. By this weekend, the temperatures will be back up to the 60's and most of the snow melted. Consequently, I can't get to excited about firing up the snow blower.

@LeonDixson, glad to hear you caught it early.
I had the mohs surgery about 3 years ago to remove a spot on my scalp; recovery time was surprisingly fast.

@GrammaJan, welcome home!

@CouchCoach, so sorry to hear about your friend... Sorry for your loss.

@ABQCOWBOY, always enjoy your words of encouragement.

And, @daboyzruleperiod, what would a mourning be without your great memes.

Man, I am glad to be home (despite the snow). I really enjoyed the dive trip to Papua New Guinea, but... It is good to finally get home. Now, if only I can get over the jet lag.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to all who took time to stop in and check out the thread.

Well, Wednesday is behind us! We are now headed towards the weekend!

How is everybody doing today? I'm good myself, just trying to get everything done I need to finish so I don't have to work over the weekend.

So, Xelda got me to thinking that maybe I will make some cookies. I usually don't do this, usually it's my youngest Daughter or my Wife who make cookies but I feel like some peanut butter cookies so I think maybe I'll make some.

Got a buy coming up this week with the Cowboys so I guess only one game, TCU. Maybe I'll go ahead and Check Out The WS, maybe catch a Lakers game on the Tube, order a Pizza or something.

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John, Jan, Corso and Colo, hope you are all off to a good start today. Rounding the bend, headed toward Friday!

Everyone, have a great day! Finish strong, get up tomorrow, maybe have a decent breakfast and go do something fun on Friday 5 O'Clock! But remember, while you are having fun, also, be careful.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Awoke this morning to about 6 inches of snow and temperatures in the mid-20's. By this weekend, the temperatures will be back up to the 60's and most of the snow melted. Consequently, I can't get to excited about firing up the snow blower.

@LeonDixson, glad to hear you caught it early.
I had the mohs surgery about 3 years ago to remove a spot on my scalp; recovery time was surprisingly fast.

@GrammaJan, welcome home!

@CouchCoach, so sorry to hear about your friend... Sorry for your loss.

@ABQCOWBOY, always enjoy your words of encouragement.

And, @daboyzruleperiod, what would a mourning be without your great memes.

Man, I am glad to be home (despite the snow). I really enjoyed the dive trip to Papua New Guinea, but... It is good to finally get home. Now, if only I can get over the jet lag.

And, @daboyzruleperiod, what would a mourning be without your great memes

Ha!! Just caught my slip. Should have said "morning"

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to all who took time to stop in and check out the thread.

Well, Wednesday is behind us! We are now headed towards the weekend!

How is everybody doing today? I'm good myself, just trying to get everything done I need to finish so I don't have to work over the weekend.

So, Xelda got me to thinking that maybe I will make some cookies. I usually don't do this, usually it's my youngest Daughter or my Wife who make cookies but I feel like some peanut butter cookies so I think maybe I'll make some.

Got a buy coming up this week with the Cowboys so I guess only one game, TCU. Maybe I'll go ahead and Check Out The WS, maybe catch a Lakers game on the Tube, order a Pizza or something.

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John, Jan, Corso and Colo, hope you are all off to a good start today. Rounding the bend, headed toward Friday!

Everyone, have a great day! Finish strong, get up tomorrow, maybe have a decent breakfast and go do something fun on Friday 5 O'Clock! But remember, while you are having fun, also, be careful.
Yeah, with the Cowboys on a bye week, I have no idea what I'm gonna do Sunday. Maybe do yard work? Ick.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
My, my Leon, never picked you for a pessimist. I assume you shot 44 on the front nine and therefore concluded, erroneously, that you would have shot 44 on the back nine?

Stay with me here because it's going to get scientific, laws applied here, but I will keep it in laymen's terms for the rest of them. The wind affected your shots and scoring but the wind was dying down so that would not have been in effect....the Law of Nature Couple this with the physical process of your body becoming more flexible and limber as it warmed up would have allowed for a more fluid stroke.....the Law of Physics. So, it is safe to assume that you would have reduced your score by 8 strokes, assuming one par 3 on the back nine, resulting in a score of 36 on the back none for a total of 80......the Law of Golf Lying. The Law Of Golf Lying isn't about where the ball lies, it's about lying about what would have been.

BTW, lying is perfectly acceptable in the draft and from fisherpersons and golfers (I would add wayward husbands here but that's a sensitive issue to some here). Actually, expected and accepted. Congrats on your round of 80 and I look forward to better scores in the future. Wanna get better at golf? Get better at creativity. If that had been me, I'd have assumed at least one hole in one on that back nine and holing out with a 2 iron from 200 yards out but I am advanced in yarn spinning.
I need to take some scoring lessons!

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Evening Pops and everyone.

May I just say I think I can get used to a 3-day work week. I'm still overly tired from the awful flight and need this coming weekend to try to rest up. I literally had that day after the day after total body ache from this trip, like you get when you start to work out. That finally left early today, but now I think I'm getting a sty in my right eye. Geez!!! Can a girl get a break?

As for football, thankfully we do have the bye, although I do have a birthday party Sunday. One of the grands would be turning 5. This should be a raucous event. I think I shall resolve to rest most of Saturday so I have the energy for that on Sunday.

Have a good evening all. One more day...

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
:lmao2:
3eb5z1.jpg

Consequently, I can't get to excited about firing up the snow blower And, @daboyzruleperiod, what would a mourning be without your great memes.
:laugh: Thank you!
And, @daboyzruleperiod, what would a mourning be without your great memes

Ha!! Just caught my slip. Should have said "morning"
:muttley:

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Morning, Pops and pen pals. TGIF! I still get the Friday happiness feeling even though I've been retired for 15 years and everyday is a Saturday for me. I try to find something to be happy about every day anyway. What will make me happy today is if all of you enjoy your Friday.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning, Pops and pen pals. TGIF! I still get the Friday happiness feeling even though I've been retired for 15 years and everyday is a Saturday for me. I try to find something to be happy about every day anyway. What will make me happy today is if all of you enjoy your Friday.[/QUOTE]
OK, not naming names here but what if one of us doesn't enjoy our Friday? You still going to be happy? What if it's at 11:50 tonight and they've enjoyed it up until then? Happy?

OK, Leon, I like you so just to make you happy I am going to be happy this Friday and not because it's Friday, it's Leon Happy Day. The day we are happy to make Leon happy and when you think about it, is there any better reason for being happy? "Make someone happy, make just one someone happy". That made me happy just writing that because as I wrote it I heard Jimmy Durante singing it in my head. He's usually singing in my head but it's Metallica and Motorhead covers and this was a pleasant departure but I have to play Air Maestro.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good morning Pops and fellow bye people. That's bye, not bi. I know some of you just don't know what to do with yourselves and I was planning on a game 5 of the WS but the Stros do not seem to be cooperating. I don't follow MLB during the season because it bores me and it bores the players too because they spit to entertain themselves. I do hope they can make a series out of this but I like the Nats too, fun team and they really enjoy playing the game and I like their dugout after a good play, like watching the real boys of summer play the game. Remember that pure joy of just playing the game?

Apologies for that post above to Leon, I don't know what the hell happened but I ain't fixin' it because I am old, crotchety and technology is not my friend. We barely have a nodding relationship. I get into the Off-Topic Zone and these nerdy youngsters start talking that technobabble and I just want to mess their hair up with my hand cranked egg beater.

Got a wine shipment coming today so that's something to look forward to but I gotta go to town to get it because the delivery guy waits around the corner until I leave to try and deliver it to my home so he can leave that little slip of paper telling me I have to do something if I want my wine. I do not want to have to do anything but open it and let it breathe but I guess I'll have to do a little work for it. It is worth it because after trying 5 wine clubs I found one that hasn't missed on one bottle yet and they're the most flexible with shipments.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Morning, Pops and pen pals. TGIF! I still get the Friday happiness feeling even though I've been retired for 15 years and everyday is a Saturday for me. I try to find something to be happy about every day anyway. What will make me happy today is if all of you enjoy your Friday.
I'll do it. Just for you, I'll enjoy my Friday!