FEATURED Morning Pops!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good SATURDAY morning Pops and friends. I thought it was avoiding me, but it's finally here.
I know you have family close by, but spend time alone. You can't see us but know we're real by our buffoonery. I take all of you along with me each day as friends and interweb family. We throw a virtual comforting arm around each other when one is going through a rough time, but we try to give of our hearts to the one in pain. If you could see in the spirit, your feet are off the ground as we lift you up in our thoughts and prayers. We are for you and as Runny said, we love you.
Love you guys as well and I am keeping to myself today and plan on probably getting drunk on the patio, playing the wrong songs, smoking cigars and reflecting. That probably getting drunk was about the location, not the intent. I may actually realize a state of inebriation when I come in to fix other libations. So the location doesn't really matter.

I can be an emotional drunk and I figure to be emotional anyway so why not get drunk and have a fall back excuse? I plan on slurring my thoughts.

Runny is right, I should have used this forum, especially the old one, more for personal use and shared my feelings with people I've grown to love through their thoughts and words. I denied them the pleasure of shoring me up, one of our purposes for being and being here.

Absolutely impossible to explain to someone else how important a site like this can be unless they experience it themselves. I've probably already told you this but my wife was the one that sent me back to the forum when I was in my darkest times. Unbeknownst to me, she'd sit in the family room sometimes with a book and listen to me typing and laughing and be entertained. A couple of times she sat in beside me. She didn't get the forum with a bunch of people talking about the same thing over and over but she did understand why I was there. It was cathartic and a venue for making myself laugh.

I cannot explain it. I know I am a funny guy, and funny peculiar as well. But I've always been funny, I was born with it. But I have this strange ability to make myself laugh and I can do it writing better than even thinking it. I told the posters at the old site I was leaving but didn't tell them why. My Dad was going through hell and mixed up in all of that was a relationship I wished we'd always had. I watched him just slowly fade away and I descended into the dark. After a while my wife had the talk. I was being consumed and I had to fight for myself and she thought the best way would be to get back on DC.com and make myself laugh again. I was surprised, no therapy, no minister, a sports web site. Well, she was right again.

Then, 16 months later, to the day after I lost my Dad, she was gone. After the mental paralysis wore off, I decided to take her advice and came back only it didn't work this time. I was shutting down and shutting everyone out and I still cannot account for my thoughts and time for a lot of that. I lived a robotic routine life, one foot in front of the other, I left the forum again, only this time I told them why and I did get some PM's of concern and asking me to stay and I appreciated that but the main reason I joined up in the first place wasn't to talk football or the Cowboys, it was to have fun and be goofy. I wasn't having either anymore and didn't know if I ever would again. I was almost going under in the self pity pool.

Then one day, I got the message to come back only it was a hidden message, I didn't realize it until I came back. Inside of an hour, I was back. Making bad jokes, being silly and making myself laugh. I was having what I thought might be lost forever, fun. Even had a poster that absolutely loathed me take his usual shot at me and I was right back in the saddle.

As special as the old forum was, it didn't have this thread. This thread is my precious and sharing with you guys is a special part of my life. I feel a special kinship to the namesake of this thread whom I never encountered. I come here everyday to try and make you and myself laugh but deeper than that, this is where I feel. I allow myself to open up and not shut down because there is no judgment, only acceptance. I do not think any of you will know just how special to are to me.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Love you guys as well and I am keeping to myself today and plan on probably getting drunk on the patio, playing the wrong songs, smoking cigars and reflecting. That probably getting drunk was about the location, not the intent. I may actually realize a state of inebriation when I come in to fix other libations. So the location doesn't really matter.

I can be an emotional drunk and I figure to be emotional anyway so why not get drunk and have a fall back excuse? I plan on slurring my thoughts.

Runny is right, I should have used this forum, especially the old one, more for personal use and shared my feelings with people I've grown to love through their thoughts and words. I denied them the pleasure of shoring me up, one of our purposes for being and being here.

Absolutely impossible to explain to someone else how important a site like this can be unless they experience it themselves. I've probably already told you this but my wife was the one that sent me back to the forum when I was in my darkest times. Unbeknownst to me, she'd sit in the family room sometimes with a book and listen to me typing and laughing and be entertained. A couple of times she sat in beside me. She didn't get the forum with a bunch of people talking about the same thing over and over but she did understand why I was there. It was cathartic and a venue for making myself laugh.

I cannot explain it. I know I am a funny guy, and funny peculiar as well. But I've always been funny, I was born with it. But I have this strange ability to make myself laugh and I can do it writing better than even thinking it. I told the posters at the old site I was leaving but didn't tell them why. My Dad was going through hell and mixed up in all of that was a relationship I wished we'd always had. I watched him just slowly fade away and I descended into the dark. After a while my wife had the talk. I was being consumed and I had to fight for myself and she thought the best way would be to get back on DC.com and make myself laugh again. I was surprised, no therapy, no minister, a sports web site. Well, she was right again.

Then, 16 months later, to the day after I lost my Dad, she was gone. After the mental paralysis wore off, I decided to take her advice and came back only it didn't work this time. I was shutting down and shutting everyone out and I still cannot account for my thoughts and time for a lot of that. I lived a robotic routine life, one foot in front of the other, I left the forum again, only this time I told them why and I did get some PM's of concern and asking me to stay and I appreciated that but the main reason I joined up in the first place wasn't to talk football or the Cowboys, it was to have fun and be goofy. I wasn't having either anymore and didn't know if I ever would again. I was almost going under in the self pity pool.

Then one day, I got the message to come back only it was a hidden message, I didn't realize it until I came back. Inside of an hour, I was back. Making bad jokes, being silly and making myself laugh. I was having what I thought might be lost forever, fun. Even had a poster that absolutely loathed me take his usual shot at me and I was right back in the saddle.

As special as the old forum was, it didn't have this thread. This thread is my precious and sharing with you guys is a special part of my life. I feel a special kinship to the namesake of this thread whom I never encountered. I come here everyday to try and make you and myself laugh but deeper than that, this is where I feel. I allow myself to open up and not shut down because there is no judgment, only acceptance. I do not think any of you will know just how special to are to me.
You said it all there, Coach. Whether or not you realize it, by opening up you're helping others to conquer their own 'demons' as well. When a person (myself included) reads and connects those seemingly hidden dots it helps them to realize that someone else understands the same pain, and we really aren't in it alone. All kidding aside, that's the special family kind of love that goes on here. Bless you.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
:lmao2:
3nwei7.jpg
https://imgflip.com/memegenerator

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Coach, to the extent that anyone can know someone else through a media like the Cowboy Zone, I know you're a good man and, despite comments to the contrary, your wife was fortunate to find you. I admire how you talk about your wife; it is very obvious you were soul mates and very much in love.

Tonight, my wife and I will raise a glass in honor of you and your wife.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Coach, to the extent that anyone can know someone else through a media like the Cowboy Zone, I know you're a good man and, despite comments to the contrary, your wife was fortunate to find you. I admire how you talk about your wife; it is very obvious you were soul mates and very much in love.

Tonight, my wife and I will raise a glass in honor of you and your wife.
Thank you, Colo, and I will do the same. The one thing that time does heal is the gratitude wound, or lack thereof, if one allows it.

Tonight I will cry, I will miss her like the air I breathe but unlike the first 5 or 6 years where I would become angry because it wasn't fair, I will think of my gratitude for having her for 45 years of my life. I've had close friends spend their lives searching for what I had, even had one of my best friends tell me he'd marry my wife if I went first. At first I laughed but he was serious. He said "you don't find beauty on the outside and inside like that and the fact she put up with you for this long, she's a catch".

Time does not heal all wounds but it does allow us the space to change our perspective. For the first few years, I would get angry when I saw couples that were around our age and was jealous and played that "why me card". Now, I like seeing that but along with that goes the finding people that I feel I have it better off than. I play the lonely alone game. Better to be lonely alone than with someone you don't want to be with. I play that when I start to feel sorry for myself. I run through a visual rolodex of women who could be here and being all by myself ain't so bad. My wife and I could sit in each other's presence without uneasy silence yet we could talk for hours too. That is the sweet spot in marriage.

kskboys

Reaction score

I don't know as if I've ever felt anything akin to what I feel for this site. At times I feel guilty and feel as if I shouldn't, but this is different. It's not facebook, it's not a gossip column or a pating place, it's just incredible. I'd fly you all out to my ranch for a meeting if I could afford it.

Cowboys_22

Reaction score

Good evening Pops and friends.

CC your words of wisdom are right up there with your sense of humor. Not sure which it will be with each one of your posts but both are welcome.

I hope your day went as well as possible amigo.

RIP Mrs CC and thank you for loaning us CC. He is a blessing.

If the Mrs and I are ever in your neck of the woods, I’ll give you a holler.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Morning, Pops and all Y'all. The SB is today and no special plans here for food or drink. I'll be rooting for Mahomes and the Chefs although I think the Whiners are going to be very hard to beat. That's a really good team. We made a hamburger casserole last night and I used Xelda's heavy cream tip. It worked beautifully!

I echo the thoughts about all of you in this thread. There is definitely a loving and supporting connection between everyone in here. I know it has helped me tremendously in dealing with my failing eyesight. Thank you all for being here.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good evening Pops and friends.

CC your words of wisdom are right up there with your sense of humor. Not sure which it will be with each one of your posts but both are welcome.

I hope your day went as well as possible amigo.

RIP Mrs CC and thank you for loaning us CC. He is a blessing.

If the Mrs and I are ever in your neck of the woods, I’ll give you a holler.
Thanks RGV, I appreciate that and I would love to meet you and the Mrs. anytime.

This was the 9th "anniversary" and went better than the other 8 and I didn't get drunk but I also didn't do my plan to listen to the music that was ours, test myself. Poco, Dan Fogelberg, Fleetwood Mac, Eva Cassidy and Firefall was "our music". I have avoided it all these years and that will be the final test to see if I've really made it to the other side where the memory is comfort. I set that as my 10 year anniversary goal.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

I think we have an idea, my friend. :thumbup:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don't know as if I've ever felt anything akin to what I feel for this site. At times I feel guilty and feel as if I shouldn't, but this is different. It's not facebook, it's not a gossip column or a pating place, it's just incredible. I'd fly you all out to my ranch for a meeting if I could afford it.
And we'd come, if you could afford it!

Xelda

Reaction score
Good afternoon Pops and friends. I'm really glad the tip worked, Leon. I don't have any heavy cream in the house, but I know where to get it.

There are three things I needed to do this weekend and I have successfully avoided all of them. Heck, I might do one now (by now, I mean in a little bit). Well, I could start my next playlist. I made one of oldies for work and I personally don't care for some of the songs I've got. I started deleting those and have sworn myself to more selfishness with my music. If I don't love it, I'm not listening to it anymore! So let it be written, so let it be done. To think I haven't seen The Ten Commandments in years and still quote Ramses. He was sort of cool sulking and stomping around in his short skirt until Nefretiri spurned him.

Ok, I'm off to accomplish something. One out of three isn't the most terrible waste of a weekend.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good afternoon Pops and friends. I'm really glad the tip worked, Leon. I don't have any heavy cream in the house, but I know where to get it.

There are three things I needed to do this weekend and I have successfully avoided all of them. Heck, I might do one now (by now, I mean in a little bit). Well, I could start my next playlist. I made one of oldies for work and I personally don't care for some of the songs I've got. I started deleting those and have sworn myself to more selfishness with my music. If I don't love it, I'm not listening to it anymore! So let it be written, so let it be done. To think I haven't seen The Ten Commandments in years and still quote Ramses. He was sort of cool sulking and stomping around in his short skirt until Nefretiri spurned him.

Ok, I'm off to accomplish something. One out of three isn't the most terrible waste of a weekend.
Did you ever notice how much Ramses looks like Yul Brynner?

Girl, being single is all about YOUR music, YOUR movies, YOUR food (and if no one sees you eat it, it doesn't count) and YOUR beverages.

Xelda

Reaction score
Woah! Where did you get that lawnmower, Leon? All we need is a pair of skates and.... protective gear. A lot of protective gear and maybe a fence.

Morning Pops and post 9ers loss revelers! Regardless of the outcome, it was a really good SB game....but the outcome made it better.
I was so happy the Chiefs won until the game was over and I asked myself why I was happy. I looked at the TV, got mad at me and said "I'm not!" so today I'm not talking to myself. I do like the fact that the NFC has stars in the N. It was just an end to another wasted season. (This is where other's would venture forth to the top of this site and create a new Garrett sucks thread.) He'd better keep sucking in NY is all I've got to say for the time being.

Ok, it's Monday AGAIN! To the retired, enjoy it. To the worker bees, endure it.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning Pops and all y'all. Well, that was a sloppy game. Pretty bad for supposedly the two best teams. 27.5M for Garoppolo is extravagant and the play calling for SF was inconsistent.

The good news is that the Cowboys aren't that far out of it. I do not consider either of those teams great. It was fun seeing Reid without his cap, he could be a creature on The Dark Crystal.

When the best action is the halftime act, I wish I hadn't wasted the time.