FEATURED Morning Pops!

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I like Albuquerque and Santa Fe was on my retirement list, if I didn't need to be where I am. I have always considered New Mexico the undiscovered state, much like Idaho used to be.

I keep working toward "doing what I want to do" instead of "doing what I think I need to do" but am not there yet.

I guess like anywhere, there is good and bad and if you look for either, you can find it. New Mexico is the same I guess. But I do encourage you to keep working towards that goal. It's a worthy one for sure!

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
MEANWHILE last night @ Celtics game....
3nof6g.jpg

Xelda

Reaction score
Good afternoon Pops and friends. It's Friday to the 24th power only the calendar and work says it's Thursday. I'm not being so much grumpy as confused at why it's not Friday. It seems we all have some sort of cold at work. I'm thinking no matter how bad I feel, I'm certain someone else feels worse so I get my carcass up and drag it to work. My throat isn't sore today, so maybe I'm getting better.

Have a good Friday to the 24th power even if it is Thursday. I am envying all you retired people again today.

Here's @kskboys when they call him back for his procedure:
AAHSuJd.img

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
Good afternoon Pops and friends. It's Friday to the 24th power only the calendar and work says it's Thursday. I'm not being so much grumpy as confused at why it's not Friday. It seems we all have some sort of cold at work. I'm thinking no matter how bad I feel, I'm certain someone else feels worse so I get my carcass up and drag it to work. My throat isn't sore today, so maybe I'm getting better.

Have a good Friday to the 24th power even if it is Thursday. I am envying all you retired people again today.

Here's @kskboys when they call him back for his procedure:
AAHSuJd.img

Good afternoon Pops and friends. I hear ya X. I haven’t even started working yet and I’m already envying the retired folks as well.
The screening process is a pain. For the drug screening they cut off two locks of my hair this morning. There must 2 bald spots in the back of my head, fraid to look.
The last couple nights have been in the 40s and the days in the 50s. Brr
Have a great rest of the day everyone.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good afternoon Pops and friends. I hear ya X. I haven’t even started working yet and I’m already envying the retired folks as well.
The screening process is a pain. For the drug screening they cut off two locks of my hair this morning. There must 2 bald spots in the back of my head, fraid to look.
The last couple nights have been in the 40s and the days in the 50s. Brr
Have a great rest of the day everyone.
Drug screening???? They wouldn't let me into work if I tested clean.

Xelda

Reaction score
I saw a cooking tip and wanted to share while it's still chili season down South:

The conundrum of any comforting, stewy, ground meaty recipe—whether it’s chili or bolognese or the heroic bobs of sausage in an Italian wedding soup—is that the very move that makes the meat most delicious (getting it toasty-brown) also squeezes out its moisture, making it dry and tough and not questionably worth the simmer time.

(I deleted a bunch of boring stuff because we're Cowboy's fans with places to go, people to meet and things to do.)

The trick, which I first spotted in Jenn’s cookbook Showdown Comfort Food, Chili & BBQ, was inspired by James Beard’s favorite hamburger recipe, in which he folds a bit of heavy cream into the burger mix before cooking. But Jenn did him one better, and really soaked her ground beef in a tiny amount of cream (only two tablespoons per pound), along with some reconstituted ancho chiles, for four hours or overnight.

Extra mind numbing details:

For the food science at work here, I won’t be able to do a better job than this interview with Ted Russin, the dean of the Culinary Institute of America’s food science program, in Popular Science:

A chemist by training, Russin says he thinks of meat as a gel, “a wad of water held in a protein matrix.” Yogurt and buttermilk both contain acids that break down that protein wall. As the meat becomes more acidic, it can absorb more moisture. Think of it like a dry sponge that gets soft and squishy once you add water. At the same time, the acidity of dairy speeds up chemical reactions. This makes it easier for enzymes already present in the meat to break down proteins from the inside out. It also leads to the breakdown of collagen, which is what gives meat—and living skin tissue—its rigid structure, Russin says. An acidic marinade thus softens meat by increasing its water content and breaking down its structure.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good morning Pops and thank you X girl for that tip, saw that myself this past week but I was waiting to share that until ksk was past his fear of "mooning upon request by a stranger" because he won't retain any of this until he's on the other side of fear mountain. The other trick I've learned is a dusting of baking soda of the meat before browning it, it helps it to brown better and faster and is yet another use for this amazing element. Baking soda is in a neck and neck race with vinegar to 1000 uses.

It's too late now since he's gone to see his new best friend but I was going to suggest that ksk do a recording on his phone of "I am Spartacus" to play when the doc spread his cheeks. Or maybe even "I am Buttimus Maximus, are you not entertained"? I'm thinking that's a pretty bad job and a little levity might make the doc be a gentler and kinder prober.

And here we are again, thankful for something we are not going through. As bad as our day might be, ksk's started off worst. I hope for good results.

While I do not pick my butt, I am picky about who messes with it. I refuse to have a colonoscopy because I fear they'll sell the film to some video game developer and "CouchCoach's Colon: Enter If You Dare" will show up around Halloween. Be like a new version of Pac-Man. And I don't want to toot my own horn, seems to fit in with the subject matter here though, but where else will you get the word colon, followed by one?

Well, like the farmer and the dead cow, I think I've milked this as long as I can and I deserve some credit for severe, and I mean severe, restraint for the last couple of days because you just can't serve up something like ksk did to a mind like mine. I don't like where it goes without bait but this was almost too much for your ole buddy to handle. One just never outgrows his need for childish immature humor.

Xelda

Reaction score
Good morning Pops and thank you X girl for that tip, saw that myself this past week but I was waiting to share that until ksk was past his fear of "mooning upon request by a stranger" because he won't retain any of this until he's on the other side of fear mountain. The other trick I've learned is a dusting of baking soda of the meat before browning it, it helps it to brown better and faster and is yet another use for this amazing element. Baking soda is in a neck and neck race with vinegar to 1000 uses.

It's too late now since he's gone to see his new best friend but I was going to suggest that ksk do a recording on his phone of "I am Spartacus" to play when the doc spread his cheeks. Or maybe even "I am Buttimus Maximus, are you not entertained"? I'm thinking that's a pretty bad job and a little levity might make the doc be a gentler and kinder prober.

And here we are again, thankful for something we are not going through. As bad as our day might be, ksk's started off worst. I hope for good results.

While I do not pick my butt, I am picky about who messes with it. I refuse to have a colonoscopy because I fear they'll sell the film to some video game developer and "CouchCoach's Colon: Enter If You Dare" will show up around Halloween. Be like a new version of Pac-Man. And I don't want to toot my own horn, seems to fit in with the subject matter here though, but where else will you get the word colon, followed by one?

Well, like the farmer and the dead cow, I think I've milked this as long as I can and I deserve some credit for severe, and I mean severe, restraint for the last couple of days because you just can't serve up something like ksk did to a mind like mine. I don't like where it goes without bait but this was almost too much for your ole buddy to handle. One just never outgrows his need for childish immature humor.
OGC.56a3093e6df04a20747847694cb7d5cb

kskboys

Reaction score
Have your wife write on your cheek "To boldly go where no man has gone before". :grin:
Holy crapp, if I'd have seen this before "THE HAPPENING", I'd have surely done it!!!!!

The procedure itself was nothing. The dream drug stung when they put it in the IV, but I was out w/i 15 seconds and woke up and it was done. Not even sore or anything.

The prep is the only horrible part, and it was horrific.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Afternoon Pops. Afternoon Fellas and good afternoon to any and all who decided to stop in this Friday.

Just went and picked up the Wife from the AP. Had grand plans of going out and getting lunch, maybe a couple beers etc. but alas, she had to go back to work so I just ended up dragging her bags back home. Will have to go get her in about an hour. Next time, just gonna maker drive her own car and pay for the parking. You can either come home and let me take you to lunch or you can come home, pay for parking, deal with your won bags and go back and work the rest of the day. Seems like a no brainer to me!

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John, Jan, Corso and Colo, hope all of you are doing well this afternoon. Hope you all have something cool planned for the weekend. Me, I'm gonna start planning a wedding. Maybe catch the Super Bowl.

Everybody, welcome to the weekend! Be safe, have fun, enjoy the Super Bowl and come back for Monday!

Peace!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hap Sat Pops and weekenders. Well, the final game is tomorrow and I wish I could get excited but I just can't. I tried selling myself of the showdown between a high octane O and the best D but I still can't get up for the game. I do want the Niners to win because I don't like Reid and the Hill family is just trash, I will be hoping for an injury to him, I think a broken arm might give me a karma fix.

I can't even get food freaky about it and will not watch any pregame because it's pregame and it's on Fox, two bad things. This is the single most overblown event of all time and it's just a football game. And not necessarily the two best teams. BAL picked the playoffs to play their worst game of the season and squandered home field.

Every time this time of year rolls around, I think of that interview with Duane Thomas at the SB when he was asked how it felt to play in the ultimate football game. In his usual dour mood he responded "if it's the ultimate game, why are they playing it again next year"? Not used to a deep thought reply from a football player, the reporters just looked at him and each other with a "good question" look on their faces.

Bad day at black rock for poor ole CC today. Nine years ago today the light of my life went out and I've been bumping into things in the dark ever since. The worst part is the memory that I tried my hardest to bury resurfaces at this time in spite of my awareness that it's coming. However, it doesn't stay as long as it used to and I can remember her when she was her most beautiful, before the monster ravaged her, sooner each year.

I learned to deal with the memory demon but not soon enough and that is why I always recommend to others dealing with loss to seek a guide, someone that knows the journey and where not to dwell along the way. We might think we know the way and can handle it but we're too often surprised by how weak, those that thought they were strong, can be.

Have a great weekend, my friends.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Hap Sat Pops and weekenders. Well, the final game is tomorrow and I wish I could get excited but I just can't. I tried selling myself of the showdown between a high octane O and the best D but I still can't get up for the game. I do want the Niners to win because I don't like Reid and the Hill family is just trash, I will be hoping for an injury to him, I think a broken arm might give me a karma fix.

I can't even get food freaky about it and will not watch any pregame because it's pregame and it's on Fox, two bad things. This is the single most overblown event of all time and it's just a football game. And not necessarily the two best teams. BAL picked the playoffs to play their worst game of the season and squandered home field.

Every time this time of year rolls around, I think of that interview with Duane Thomas at the SB when he was asked how it felt to play in the ultimate football game. In his usual dour mood he responded "if it's the ultimate game, why are they playing it again next year"? Not used to a deep thought reply from a football player, the reporters just looked at him and each other with a "good question" look on their faces.

Bad day at black rock for poor ole CC today. Nine years ago today the light of my life went out and I've been bumping into things in the dark ever since. The worst part is the memory that I tried my hardest to bury resurfaces at this time in spite of my awareness that it's coming. However, it doesn't stay as long as it used to and I can remember her when she was her most beautiful, before the monster ravaged her, sooner each year.

I learned to deal with the memory demon but not soon enough and that is why I always recommend to others dealing with loss to seek a guide, someone that knows the journey and where not to dwell along the way. We might think we know the way and can handle it but we're too often surprised by how weak, those that thought they were strong, can be.

Well CC, at least now you have the smarts, courage, and desire to come here and talk to us. Even if you aren't looking for a response, you've got people who'll listen and understand if you're not your usual jovial self...and love you anyway.

Xelda

Reaction score
Good SATURDAY morning Pops and friends. I thought it was avoiding me, but it's finally here.
Hap Sat Pops and weekenders. Bad day at black rock for poor ole CC today. Nine years ago today the light of my life went out and I've been bumping into things in the dark ever since. The worst part is the memory that I tried my hardest to bury resurfaces at this time in spite of my awareness that it's coming. However, it doesn't stay as long as it used to and I can remember her when she was her most beautiful, before the monster ravaged her, sooner each year.

I know you have family close by, but spend time alone. You can't see us but know we're real by our buffoonery. I take all of you along with me each day as friends and interweb family. We throw a virtual comforting arm around each other when one is going through a rough time, but we try to give of our hearts to the one in pain. If you could see in the spirit, your feet are off the ground as we lift you up in our thoughts and prayers. We are for you and as Runny said, we love you.