FEATURED Morning Pops!

Xelda

Reaction score
Good morning Pops and friends. After what feels like 30 hours of looking on Amazon for a light fixture (400 pages), what's a Cowboy's fan to do? They baited me with some pretty :star::star::star:.
51PHT1YLPOL.jpg
I tried to get on line last night and kept getting a blank screen. I was confused until I saw where I had to do an update. Everything returned, but I was too tired to post after that. It's been one of those weeks. The best thing was no one caused any damage to my car. After nerve wrecking incidents Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, I felt as though I was being set up.

I've got to leave the comfort of home and step into the back yard for a while. Have a great Saturday all!

Xelda

Reaction score
Where did you find that? I was thinking seriously about that other one you posted to hang over the corner bar in the family room at the new house (yes, there's a bar...), but this one is perfect!
I found it on Amazon. Let me get more info so you don't have to go through 230 pages to find it.

Doraimi 3 Light 2nd Generation Wine Glass Chandelier with Chrome Finish, Modern Pendant Ceiling Lighting

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Ka'u is actually towards the southern end of the Island, so take that! ha ha. Actually I lived in Papaiko on the Hamakua Coast. It looks like home prices have skyrocketed there in the last few years.

LOL.... Yes, I know. It's the Southern most point of the Big Island I believe. It's been some years but I think that's correct.

Papaiko, that's by Hilo yeah? Can't remember exactly, is that still in Hilo Bay or is it too far North? As I said, been a lot of years for me. It's beautiful though, I remember that well. Great Sunrises rising out of the Ocean. Pretty cool Leon. I really envy you Brother but I'm also really happy for you. That's a great place if only it had a bit fewer people.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Afternoon Pops and weekenders. Had to go to the city this morning, the grandkids are getting into track and they had their first timings today. They'll have meets every Saturday through March and then swim team starts up in May-mid July and then they'll just be smelly kids through the summer. I don't care how many baths kids get in the summer, they're all ripe.

I went to CC's Disney World afterwards, Total Wine. What a liquor store, there were gins and vodkas and bourbons, oh my. It is a very large liquor store and they've taken Austin by storm with their selection and made Spec's, the chain out of Houston, step up their game. Their flagship is a 70K foot one in Houston. I am saving that one on the top of my bucket list. I hope they have guides and a tram.

One thing that always puzzled me about Dallas liquor stores were the number of handicapped parking spaces.....always taken. Made me think. Were these people handicapped before or after all those trips to the liquor store? When a person gets one of those cards to hang on the mirror, is the first stop the liquor store to celebrate?

Ok, that's all I have to say about liquor stores but y'all started this.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Morning Pops and fellow teeth chattering posters. I took the dogs out at 10:30pm, after a rousing game of Rat Pack Blackjack in which I cleaned one of them out of all her dog biscuits but I lost my car to the male. I think he cheats....better than I do. Know what I saw? OK that first greeting was a clue, pay attention! Snowflakes, and I ain't talkin' bout the neighbors, the real deal. Nothing was sticking but they were drifting down and let me put one myth to rest, I saw two just alike. Know how many snowflakes fall a year? Me neither but it's a bunch and for them to just state no two are alike is the reason some doubt their warning about global warming.

Well, make this as good a day as you can. I am going to see if I can talk my dog into letting me borrow the car.
Yeah, that "no two are alike" thing always bothered me too. How in the world could they even think they know that?....unless they mean no two look exactly alike and fall in the same place at the same time....but that's just stupid.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I do not have an opinion as I do not eat grits, looks too much like Cream of Wheat or Rice. I am a texture guy and that texture is a turn off. I never ate mashed potatoes until my wife put peas or corn or both in them. Give me a hot steaming bowl of oatmeal and I'll go hot steaming homicidal. Food like that just sits there if I put them in my mouth, I don't know what to do with it. Chew? Chew what? Should I just swallow it? Sorry, that ain't eatin', that's just swallowing.

And polenta? What the hell is that? Cornbread tartare?

Do Yankees eat grits? Let's ask them. Hey y'all, youse guys grit eaters?
no

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I'll weigh in on the grits thing as a born-and-raised Yankee (always lived here within a 10-mile area). So anyway, my stepdad was from Mississipaaaay... and my guy was from Eudora, Arkansas... grits were in my world. Didn't care for them as a child since my stepdad MADE us eat them the way he liked them, with runny egg yolk swirled in, etc. I literally threw them up, in his car, on the way to church, an act for which I was soundly punished because I "did it on purpose". As an adult I made them for my guy. He liked them with butter mixed in, and sometimes cream. I like them that way, no other mix-ins. (Side note, never never never instant grits. You gotta put the "love" into them by cooking 'em up right for the ones you're making them for.) Haven't had them since he passed away...interesting I hadn't thought of that until just now.
You forced me to cite My Cousin Vinny, for the second time this week: