FEATURED Morning Pops!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning Pops and all y'all with frost on your hineys. Getting a tad chilly here, going to 29 tonight, but nothing like what y'all have to deal with and if it makes you feel any better, we can compare summers once we get there. I really never liked summer until I lived in PA and ID and got what all the fuss was about. I do miss the seasons. I like winter, that's my 2nd favorite because I can usually get warm. In the summer, can't always get cooler and they frown upon me boating around the lake in the au naturel. Au naturel is fancy talk for being one with nature, in the buff, naked as a picked bird or as my Mamaw used to say nekkid as a Blue Jay. Why a Blue Jay? I have no idea but she would tell you how the cow ate the cabbage. And my Mom would accuse me of arguing with a sign post, but she never met Diehardblues.

Y'all have yourself a tolerable Thursday on this Valentine's Day eve. Some of us don't have significant others to celebrate with so we get to eat both the desserts on that Lover's Special. Reminds me of one Valentine's Day I ate 2 dozen oysters on the half shell, because eating them on the whole shell is too noisy, and the myth about being an aphrodisiac is not myth. The restaurant would have preferred I wait until we got home and I told them they should have served me time released oysters. Hey, when ya got lead in your pencil, ya just gotta write something.

More on Valentine's Day tomorrow in CC's Valentine's Day rant. Confectioners, florists, Hallmark and jewelry stores beware, I am coming for ya!

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Mostly, yes. Boss is always walking around singing and somedays plays a little game he calls 'name that tune'. Guess the song and the artist and he gives you a half day off...BUT it's while he's there by you only. People started cheating and using the internet. We don't get that game very often anymore...

Hey, we play that game! But like you, not very often. It's been like........ Yeah, never. We don't that game. :laugh: :thumbup:

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to all who decided to stop in on this Thursday.

I'm looking at a pretty nice day today I think. Sun is out and it's warm. It's looking like a great day today!

r

So this guy was arrested for robbing a bank in Colorado. Apparently, he then immediately ran out of the bank and threw the money in the street, all the while yelling, "Merry Xmas!"

I ask: Santa or Legalized Weed?

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John, Jan, Corso and Colo, I hope all of you are having a great, great day.

Folks, it's Thursday and we are well into the day. Be of good cheer for tomorrow is Friday and you all know what that means!

Tally Ho!

Last edited:

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to all who decided to stop in on this Thursday.

I'm looking at a pretty nice day today I think. Sun is out and it's warm. It's looking like a great day today!

r

I ask: Santa or Legalized Weed?

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John, Jan, Corso and Colo, I hope all of you are having a great, great day.

Folks, it's Thursday and we are well into the day. Be of good cheer for tomorrow is Friday and you all know what that means!

Tally Ho!
Yeah. It means it's payday and I have to remember to get quarters to do my wash after work.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Yeah, I remember those days. But then I was able to save some money and invest. You should really consider getting yourself one of these. Really saves on the quarters Jan.

b275553ade5bd4a4d92ef95f54a569ac.jpg

Funny you should say that. I have my grandmother's old washboard...but it's in storage. Mom uses the washtub out at her place. Used to fill it full of ice for our canned and bottled drinks when she had get together's. Makes me think... I should get that old thing from her before someone uses it for scrap.

Xelda

Reaction score
Morning Pops and friends. I hate to hear about the weather up north, but that system sneezed on us before camping up there. I think it's in the 40s or 50s with a real feel of 32.
Yeah. It means it's payday and I have to remember to get quarters to do my wash after work.
With the temperature hovering around South Pole crazy, why don't you buy some Woolite and wash things in the sink, then hang them in the bathtub to dry? I'd find 50 ways to avoid getting out in that kind of cold. That wash tub looks like a knuckle torture device. Did you do something requiring penitence?

Morning Pops and all y'all with frost on your hineys. Getting a tad chilly here, going to 29 tonight, but nothing like what y'all have to deal with and if it makes you feel any better, we can compare summers once we get there. I really never liked summer until I lived in PA and ID and got what all the fuss was about. I do miss the seasons. I like winter, that's my 2nd favorite because I can usually get warm. In the summer, can't always get cooler and they frown upon me boating around the lake in the au naturel. Au naturel is fancy talk for being one with nature, in the buff, naked as a picked bird or as my Mamaw used to say nekkid as a Blue Jay. Why a Blue Jay? I have no idea but she would tell you how the cow ate the cabbage. And my Mom would accuse me of arguing with a sign post, but she never met Diehardblues.

Y'all have yourself a tolerable Thursday on this Valentine's Day eve. Some of us don't have significant others to celebrate with so we get to eat both the desserts on that Lover's Special. Reminds me of one Valentine's Day I ate 2 dozen oysters on the half shell, because eating them on the whole shell is too noisy, and the myth about being an aphrodisiac is not myth. The restaurant would have preferred I wait until we got home and I told them they should have served me time released oysters. Hey, when ya got lead in your pencil, ya just gotta write something.

More on Valentine's Day tomorrow in CC's Valentine's Day rant. Confectioners, florists, Hallmark and jewelry stores beware, I am coming for ya!
All our relatives would say "nekkid as a jay bird". I never saw the elusive jay bird and it couldn't be found in our sy ka' peters (as my aunt called encyclopedias and she had a wealth of mispronounced words).

The time released oysters is probably going to be the funniest thing I read today, so thank you for that golden nugget Coach.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Morning Pops and friends. I hate to hear about the weather up north, but that system sneezed on us before camping up there. I think it's in the 40s or 50s with a real feel of 32.

With the temperature hovering around South Pole crazy, why don't you buy some Woolite and wash things in the sink, then hang them in the bathtub to dry? I'd find 50 ways to avoid getting out in that kind of cold. That wash tub looks like a knuckle torture device. Did you do something requiring penitence?

All our relatives would say "nekkid as a jay bird". I never saw the elusive jay bird and it couldn't be found in our sy ka' peters (as my aunt called encyclopedias and she had a wealth of mispronounced words).

The time released oysters is probably going to be the funniest thing I read today, so thank you for that golden nugget Coach.
We have a small (2 washers/3 dryers) laundry room (more like a closet) on site here. Apparently I'm always the one with nothing to do on Friday evenings so I generally can get all my stuff done without waiting on a machine. Could never understand the idiots that go in there at 3:00 a.m. tho. My apartment shares a common wall with the laundry "closet" so I hear all the banging around in there at all hours. I even had to post a sign to tell people to quit drumming their (damn) hangers on the wall because it was disturbing the tenant (me). Since my boss owns the building I often take "management" liberties with that sort of thing. In fact, just yesterday had to report a tenant that, during one of his "spats" with his... 'friend', threw a chair off the rear deck of the building and it landed in our law firm's parking lot, coming to rest against one of the attorney's cars. He denied it of course, but his whining little voice is distinctive enough I know who it was...and his 'friend' is not on the lease so he knows he's in trouble if he admits anything.

Enough of my rambling.

Xelda

Reaction score
We have a small (2 washers/3 dryers) laundry room (more like a closet) on site here. Apparently I'm always the one with nothing to do on Friday evenings so I generally can get all my stuff done without waiting on a machine. Could never understand the idiots that go in there at 3:00 a.m. tho. My apartment shares a common wall with the laundry "closet" so I hear all the banging around in there at all hours. I even had to post a sign to tell people to quit drumming their (damn) hangers on the wall because it was disturbing the tenant (me). Since my boss owns the building I often take "management" liberties with that sort of thing. In fact, just yesterday had to report a tenant that, during one of his "spats" with his... 'friend', threw a chair off the rear deck of the building and it landed in our law firm's parking lot, coming to rest against one of the attorney's cars. He denied it of course, but his whining little voice is distinctive enough I know who it was...and his 'friend' is not on the lease so he knows he's in trouble if he admits anything.

Enough of my rambling.
I don't want to be a spoil sport, but Friday night should be clear in the wash room.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, I remember those days. But then I was able to save some money and invest. You should really consider getting yourself one of these. Really saves on the quarters Jan.

b275553ade5bd4a4d92ef95f54a569ac.jpg
As soon as I graduate from my comb/tissue lessons, I am getting me one of those. Not ready for spoons but I will have them for using on my washboard and the sparks will fly.