FEATURED Morning Pops!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
3pb2mt.gif
daboyz, you got any of her at night.....with a lantern?

Xelda

Reaction score
Good afternoon Pops and friends. I've got a lot to do today and haven't started on any of it. I hope I can finish one project at least. Enjoy your Saturday everyone!
Morning, Pops, fellas. Welcome to the Weekend! The cable/internet guy is coming this morning to upgrade my service.
Maybe I can goad him into telling me some jokes. I was paying $110 a month for TV and internet. So I stopped in their office yesterday to see how much it would cost to get faster internet. My current plan gives me 20mbs. The next step up would boost me to 45 mbs for an additional $17. That should be plenty fast enough for me. However, they have another bundle plan that I went for that will cost me an additional $19 over my current bill which gives me extra channels on the TV, a land line, which I probably won't use, and 75 mbs internet speed. That should stop the buffering when streaming on my firestick. Have a great weekend, friends.

Xelda wanted more details on my environment so I'll describe two morning ago when I got up and 4 a.m., made a pot of coffee and took a mugful out onto my balcony.

Ode to Xelda

Darkness envelops her chair up high
she listens as the waves crash nearby.
She sits alone while others sleep,
and lets her senses roam to pleasures deep.
She welcomes her time of solitude
when all her happy thoughts her heart exude.

The cool and gentle breeze doth bless
her face and arms with loves caress
A fine mist rides upon the air,
a blessing from her Lord up there.
Her blindness wrought by natures night
conceals the the world from mortal sight.

And yet she sees it her mind,
the beauty of a remembered time
when white capped waves would rush to shore
and gulls would swoop to eat once more.
And ships and boats would put to sail
their progress measured by vernier scale.

The broken clouds at moments revealed
the moon and it's light shined on that concealed.
Now white foam dances atop the brine
and silvery streaks on sea doth shine.
And when the clouds part once again,
it paints a palm tree sway with wind.

Now dawn breaks to usher day,
and slowly chases dark away.
The canvas of the Eastern heaven
from gray to red and orange doth leaven.
It's been two hours since first she sat,
and she relishes the memories she has begat.
YA HA HA HA! I GOT POETRY PUNKS! I mean… Thank you, Leon. It was beautiful Poetry and half priced chocolates! Could this day get any better?
OGC.12abc2cdf46252e14ef281a027bb42a9

Excellent but you failed to mention her new lantern lamp that arrived looking exactly like the picture online.
OGC.7ac859892629f90eefd2d0dae94bac1f

and it does.
That's exactly how I'd look if the waves kicked me out of the water. :lmao2:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good Sunday Funday Pops and weekenders ready to take this day with gusto and fill it to the brim with doing whatever pleases you. At least the single folks that do not have to please a spouse. Ain't that a funny word for your sweetie? My wife didn't like that word, said it sounded like an animal. It was alright for me to be called one but she would not respond to it.

And what exactly is a significant other? Is everyone else an insignificant other and doesn't being called an "other" bother people? I wouldn't like it, although some think of me as an "other" because they tell me they've not met anyone quite like me. It's not a compliment, just an observation. I think it's a comment about them not having a wide enough circle of acquaintances.

Xelda

Reaction score
Morning Pops and friends. Today is the day I put up the lantern and start shopping for a replacement or I don't. I haven't told myself what I'm going to do yet. I'm full of surprises like that.

Your wife was right about that spouse word. It's too close to the word louse and reminds me of miniscule nasty critters in bulk that congregate in carpet. As for significant others, I dub the Pops thread my significant other. It's like having someone without having to clean up after them. I'm very low maintenance for everyone but me and, to tell the truth, I can drive myself crazy. So let's seize this day from our unique corners of the world and enjoy what it brings.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Afternoon Pops and Everyone.

Baking a couple loaves of bread today... if for no other reason to have the wonderful smell in my apartment. As with all things I make, the smell will waft into the hallway and alert my neighbors that I'm at it again. Also, I happen to like baking and knowing what is going into what I'm eating.

We've reached 44° today. If I weren't busy in the kitchen and doing a little more packing I would go down to the river for a walk. It's amazing how warm 44° feels when a couple days ago we were -7.

This past Valentine's Day was bittersweet. 4 years flying solo and I'm still not used to it. It's not that that particular day was so special, as my guy always surprised me randomly throughout year with special attention, but rather that it's tough to see all these people around me enjoying love in their lives. Much like Christmas and all the other holidays I sit on the sidelines. I've decided I'm just not brave enough to go out there and look for or approach someone so it's a deliberate choice I guess to be alone. How sad is that... at least God loves me.

It's Sunday people, so for those of us who have no choice but to work because we like to eat and have a roof over our heads, and for those of you (you know who you are) who choose to work even when you don't need to, tomorrow is Monday and it's back to grind. The boss is back in town so it's going to be a "Monday" by it's worst definition. One of the girls in the office decided it would be nice to clean the boss's wife's office while they were away, which was fine, except she also became the self-appointed person in charge and gave both myself and one other person in the office each two over flowing banker's boxes of loose filing to do. Ummm, no. The other gal did hers. I am not touching it. The nerve! There are 6 staffers in our office and only two of us got pegged to do the filing? I don't like this girl and clearly she knows it. When asked, I will let it be known exactly why those boxes are sitting where they are and why I'm not doing the work. Honestly, if I weren't under contract on this house I would quit my job. I've had it.

There you have it. Bummer weekend and bummer start to the work week.

Hope you all have a bit better go of it.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Morning, Pops and pen pals. I've got a few errands to run today to get things we need. The last two days have been rainy and windy but the sea was still beautiful. Today will bring some sunshine and 79 ° temps our way. Wishing you all the best Monday possible.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Morning, Pops and pen pals. I've got a few errands to run today to get things we need. The last two days have been rainy and windy but the sea was still beautiful. Today will bring some sunshine and 79 ° temps our way. Wishing you all the best Monday possible.
32 this morning with a rain and snow mix. I really dislike the transition to spring. Everything is brown and ugly.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning Pops and Monday Moaners. Just returned from welcoming a couple of new members, guess we won't be seeing them again.

Supposed to be 80 today but the cold and the rain are returning. I don't know if it's that exact cold and rain but it will be similar.

There is just nothing good about February except that it's short and this year we get an extra day of the month that sucks. Just who made this calendar?

The only positive thing I've seen are the half priced chocolates that Xelda looks forward to and I envision the after Halloween stampede at that Walmart in OK, second only to the reintroduction of Blue Bell ice cream and Twinkies. They flew the flags at half mast in OK when Blue Bell had to pull their new flavor, Listeria.

Well, I see that Jan and Runny are in a mood and the best that Leon can offer is "Wishing you all the best Monday possible.". That's like saying I hope you don't get shot.....and stabbed.

May this Monday pass before you even know it was here and you get a case of Mondaynesia and don't recall a moment of it.

As for me, I will be going to town today. Yes, venturing forth in the search of sustenance and think the local HEB might be just the place to find it. Both refrigerators and freezers are full as well as the pantry but I don't think there's anything in there I want today. Actually, I don't know what I want today but I am pretty sure it's not in there because that's where I keep everything that I will need someday but that some day is not this day. My wife thought I was sick and I agree. Sometimes, I am hungry, walk to the fridge or pantry and survey with wonder with a self satisfied smile and decide I need to go get something to eat.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning, Pops, fellas. Welcome to the Weekend! The cable/internet guy is coming this morning to upgrade my service.
Maybe I can goad him into telling me some jokes. I was paying $110 a month for TV and internet. So I stopped in their office yesterday to see how much it would cost to get faster internet. My current plan gives me 20mbs. The next step up would boost me to 45 mbs for an additional $17. That should be plenty fast enough for me. However, they have another bundle plan that I went for that will cost me an additional $19 over my current bill which gives me extra channels on the TV, a land line, which I probably won't use, and 75 mbs internet speed. That should stop the buffering when streaming on my firestick. Have a great weekend, friends.

Xelda wanted more details on my environment so I'll describe two morning ago when I got up and 4 a.m., made a pot of coffee and took a mugful out onto my balcony.

Ode to Xelda

Darkness envelops her chair up high
she listens as the waves crash nearby.
She sits alone while others sleep,
and lets her senses roam to pleasures deep.
She welcomes her time of solitude
when all her happy thoughts her heart exude.

The cool and gentle breeze doth bless
her face and arms with loves caress
A fine mist rides upon the air,
a blessing from her Lord up there.
Her blindness wrought by natures night
conceals the the world from mortal sight.

And yet she sees it her mind,
the beauty of a remembered time
when white capped waves would rush to shore
and gulls would swoop to eat once more.
And ships and boats would put to sail
their progress measured by vernier scale.

The broken clouds at moments revealed
the moon and it's light shined on that concealed.
Now white foam dances atop the brine
and silvery streaks on sea doth shine.
And when the clouds part once again,
it paints a palm tree sway with wind.

Now dawn breaks to usher day,
and slowly chases dark away.
The canvas of the Eastern heaven
from gray to red and orange doth leaven.
It's been two hours since first she sat,
and she relishes the memories she has begat.

Well, I must say, I'm a bit impressed here. Although, if I'm being honest, I am also a little apprehensive of what this might look like if it were ABQ as the focus of such a effort.

I'm thinking it might be something like:

Ode to ABQ:

Sup Bro........?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to any and all who have decided to stop in and visit the thread today.

Well, lots to do today. Federal Holiday today so short week to begin with but, I'm headed off to take the family snowboarding this weekend so I'm off on Thursday and Friday. What does that mean? Lots to do and not a lot of time to get it done!

Good news this weekend BTW. ABQJr brought the Grandboy over on Valentines Day, as he and my Daughter-in-Law had plans for the evening. So the Grandboy spent the night and that was really fun but when he showed up, he was wearing a shirt that said "Big Brother" so yeah, they are expecting again. We will have another Grandbaby before too long and that's always great news in my book!

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John, Jan, Corso and Colo, how was the weekend for everybody? I hope you all had a great time. Hope you are off to a great start of the week as well. You guys have a great day, regardless of is you have the day off or you are busy at it!

Everybody, have a great day and a great week!

Peace.....

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Morning Pops and Monday Moaners. Just returned from welcoming a couple of new members, guess we won't be seeing them again.

Supposed to be 80 today but the cold and the rain are returning. I don't know if it's that exact cold and rain but it will be similar.

There is just nothing good about February except that it's short and this year we get an extra day of the month that sucks. Just who made this calendar?

The only positive thing I've seen are the half priced chocolates that Xelda looks forward to and I envision the after Halloween stampede at that Walmart in OK, second only to the reintroduction of Blue Bell ice cream and Twinkies. They flew the flags at half mast in OK when Blue Bell had to pull their new flavor, Listeria.

Well, I see that Jan and Runny are in a mood and the best that Leon can offer is "Wishing you all the best Monday possible.". That's like saying I hope you don't get shot.....and stabbed.

May this Monday pass before you even know it was here and you get a case of Mondaynesia and don't recall a moment of it.

As for me, I will be going to town today. Yes, venturing forth in the search of sustenance and think the local HEB might be just the place to find it. Both refrigerators and freezers are full as well as the pantry but I don't think there's anything in there I want today. Actually, I don't know what I want today but I am pretty sure it's not in there because that's where I keep everything that I will need someday but that some day is not this day. My wife thought I was sick and I agree. Sometimes, I am hungry, walk to the fridge or pantry and survey with wonder with a self satisfied smile and decide I need to go get something to eat.

To say I'm in a mood was kind. I'm straight up grumpy, cranky, foul... pick one. I've already let the office manager (she's probably the best friend I have bless her heart) have it over this so-called co-"worker" of mine (yes, "worker" is in quotes for a reason. She's more of a professional suck-up than an actual worker!) I let her know if I wasn't under contract on the house I would quit. Today. All fun aside at this place, I'm so over the b.s. here. Maybe I need an actual change in geography. After a lot of thinking over the weekend I've determined this place I work is a great source of my disappointment with the way my life is going and I'm thinking some "recalculating" of my life's GPS is in order.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to any and all who have decided to stop in and visit the thread today.

Well, lots to do today. Federal Holiday today so short week to begin with but, I'm headed off to take the family snowboarding this weekend so I'm off on Thursday and Friday. What does that mean? Lots to do and not a lot of time to get it done!

Good news this weekend BTW. ABQJr brought the Grandboy over on Valentines Day, as he and my Daughter-in-Law had plans for the evening. So the Grandboy spent the night and that was really fun but when he showed up, he was wearing a shirt that said "Big Brother" so yeah, they are expecting again. We will have another Grandbaby before too long and that's always great news in my book!

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John, Jan, Corso and Colo, how was the weekend for everybody? I hope you all had a great time. Hope you are off to a great start of the week as well. You guys have a great day, regardless of is you have the day off or you are busy at it!

Peace.....
Congrats ABQ! ......and better you than me.

GrammaJan

Reaction score

Peace.....

Congrats on the new grand baby, ABQ! That is great news! My son and his gal-pal (since we aren't using 'significant other' on this site... and they aren't yet engaged for reasons understood by me, believe it or not) haven't yet announced that they are expecting, although they were supposed to let that cat out of the bag on Valentine's Day. Guess they aren't ready yet to let the family know. My daughter did announce to me over the weekend that they are expanding their family and have acquired a 4-year-old fur baby Belgian Malinois mix. So, including the bi-ped not yet born, that makes 7 grand bi-peds and 6 grand quadri-peds.

Holiday are getting expensive on the bi-ped side of the ledger. o_O

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
To say I'm in a mood was kind. I'm straight up grumpy, cranky, foul... pick one. I've already let the office manager (she's probably the best friend I have bless her heart) have it over this so-called co-"worker" of mine (yes, "worker" is in quotes for a reason. She's more of a professional suck-up than an actual worker!) I let her know if I wasn't under contract on the house I would quit. Today. All fun aside at this place, I'm so over the b.s. here. Maybe I need an actual change in geography. After a lot of thinking over the weekend I've determined this place I work is a great source of my disappointment with the way my life is going and I'm thinking some "recalculating" of my life's GPS is in order.
Take a look around and see what else is available but you might want to close on your house before you do that. Or you may want to check out a completely different scenery and not close on the house.

Happiness must be sought out most of the time, it just doesn't come to us. We can convince ourselves that we are locked into where we are because it is just easier to stay where we are.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Peace.....
Congrats on the new addition to your family.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Take a look around and see what else is available but you might want to close on your house before you do that. Or you may want to check out a completely different scenery and not close on the house.

Happiness must be sought out most of the time, it just doesn't come to us. We can convince ourselves that we are locked into where we are because it is just easier to stay where we are.

Yeah, I'll keep the house and look for another job later. I'm not the only one here unhappy with her, believe me. I'm just getting more vocal about my disliking her self-appointment as "Queen".