FEATURED Morning Pops!

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
My cousin said they were closing the liquor stores in DEN yesterday, they change their minds on that? He didn't know why and I assumed there were too many people gathering. This stupid toilet paper thing has made people completely stupid and stockpiling everything.

I read where some had bought a lot of meat at Costco and Sam's only to get home and realize they don't have the freezer space. Then there's the story about the man coughing on the Wegmans employee and the woman coughing on food on purpose.

It is a real shame this bug doesn't target it's victims by IQ. Just when I think humans can't possible get any dumber, this shows up to prove me wrong. Social distancing means nothing to most of the people, they're oblivious to it.
Apparently, after first announcing that liquor stores and marijuana dispensaries would close, the governor retracted that aspect of the "shelter-in-place" guidance within 24 hours. Obviously the liquor barons and hop heads exerted a lot of pressure on the gov... not that I am complaining. I have noticed that my wife and my wine consumption is up since we are pretty much stuck at home. :)

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Apparently, after first announcing that liquor stores and marijuana dispensaries would close, the governor retracted that aspect of the "shelter-in-place" guidance within 24 hours. Obviously the liquor barons and hop heads exerted a lot of pressure on the gov... not that I am complaining. I have noticed that my wife and my wine consumption is up since we are pretty much stuck at home. :)
I wondered at the time since most cities and states have deemed liquor stores essential, what would have precipitated that?

In Marble Falls, they have mobile signs up to support the restaurants and the city is paying for signs for the ones that are open regarding delivery or pick up. They're sending the message that we are as responsible to help these local businesses stay open and at least keeping someone employed.

Best I can tell from the locals, they're in the "this is much ado about nothing" frame of mind. Bunch of tough old people who know they have just a much a chance of dying from the flu or a dozen other illnesses. Unless they're already very susceptible, they're out and about.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to all who stop in to check in.

So youngest Daughter got word yesterday that she could go back to work on Monday. She works in a NICU and one of the the patients in her ward had tested positive for Covid so she's been quarantined for three weeks. She's fine and going back to work, probably just in time. I think she was on the edge. LOL.....

How is everybody doing today?

Leon, I'm glad you were able to hitch that ferry. Good luck on the flight home Brother.

I saw there was a new word added to the Dictionary. The word "Covidiot"......... :laugh:....... That's all I can say about that.

:lmao2:

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John, Jan, Corso and Colo, seriously folks, stay safe.

Everybody, have a great, great day!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good morning Pops and home-bound friends,

Denver and the surrounding counties are now on lock-down. Interestingly enough, liquor stores and "hemp" dispensaries are considered essential and are open for business.

We made a run to the store yesterday and found that many grocery stores now offer "senior" shopping hours. Aside from a discount at the movie theaters, this is perhaps one of the better reasons to be over 60. Ha!! While there are still shortages of some items -- don't get me started on the ridiculous shortage of TP -- most items are available, especially fresh fruits and veggies. Thank goodness for truckers!!

After shopping we went for a half day hike at one of nearby state parks. Got to love Colorado -- while most shops and activities are shutdown, the state is encouraging people to get outside and enjoy the beautiful weather. While on the hike, we encountered a group of 4 middle school kids and one set of parents... I held an impromptu geology class for them (at a resemble distance) describing the formation of the Rocky Mountains. At least one of us (me) had a lot of fun.

Is it me or does anyone else have a cynical view of the term, "social distancing"? It feels like any number of contrived words used today to soften the meaning of what we actually want to say. Why don't we simple say what we mean? Social distancing = STAY AWAY! Quarantine! Isolate! Do not come in contact! Whatever... just another thing to think about while I am social distancing.

:muttley:

One final thing... we have completed all of the title work and closing documents for the purchase of land in Montana... just have to send money on March 31... Montanalo is starting to grow on me.

How is everyone else??
You're welcome!

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
3u8w4l.jpg
https://imgflip.com/memegenerator

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Morning Pops and friends.

My dispatcher called me when I was on my way home yesterday, to ask me if I'd be willing to take the Manhattan run today, instead of the one I have.

Apparently, the guy who was supposed to go refused, as did the next guy in line, so he ask me. The way cases have escalated there, I refused too, *** did the three guys after me. Nobody went and they cancelled the deliveries.

I guess my boss is now trying to see about delivering to a place in Brooklyn and having them bring it to Manhattan. That would be preferable, because then we just deal with one guy on a forklift, rather than a whole slew of guys unloading by hand, along with all the other crews on the jobsites.

Just thought I'd pass that along. Everyone have a wonderful, safe, and healthy day!

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Morning Pops and friends.

My dispatcher called me when I was on my way home yesterday, to ask me if I'd be willing to take the Manhattan run today, instead of the one I have.

Apparently, the guy who was supposed to go refused, as did the next guy in line, so he ask me. The way cases have escalated there, I refused too, *** did the three guys after me. Nobody went and they cancelled the deliveries.

I guess my boss is now trying to see about delivering to a place in Brooklyn and having them bring it to Manhattan. That would be preferable, because then we just deal with one guy on a forklift, rather than a whole slew of guys unloading by hand, along with all the other crews on the jobsites.

Just thought I'd pass that along. Everyone have a wonderful, safe, and healthy day!
Smart move, Runny. I'd be terrified to go anywhere near that city. As it is I'm getting nervous about having to order groceries, but I'm getting close to necessity.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Morning Pops and fellow hunkered-downers.

As I mentioned in my response to Runny, it's getting close to time to order groceries again. It's amazing tho just how creative in the kitchen you can get when you want to avoid something... tonight it's a riff on a turkey dinner made from deli sliced turkey I found in the freezer, plain bagels I'm using for a sage dressing, cranberries I also found in the freezer (I keep on hand for a variety of cooking experiments) and a sweet potato. I really didn't want to have too much on hand because I'd have to move it all in a few weeks, but getting takeout adds up and right now I need to sit on any extra cash.

Have a great weekend everyone. If you come up with clever takes on some of the standards in the kitchen please share. I'm thinking oyster cracker beaded tilapia or cod may be in my near future ...

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Pay online and have the delivery person leave the groceries outside your door. I'm sure they take precautions.
A thought...though I'd have to wait down stairs at the security door and be there when they show up. With me living downtown I have a feeling food would walk off quickly given the warming weather and the homeless population coming out of hibernation. I'll just have them deliver to my office Monday. I'm there most of the day during the week and I'm sure I have plenty to get through the weekend.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A thought...though I'd have to wait down stairs at the security door and be there when they show up. With me living downtown I have a feeling food would walk off quickly given the warming weather and the homeless population coming out of hibernation. I'll just have them deliver to my office Monday. I'm there most of the day during the week and I'm sure I have plenty to get through the weekend.
That sounds like a good solution. If you can pop the trunk on your car remotely, he could just put them in there or the back seat.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning Pops and glad to see Runny isn't making that run into Manhattan, what a frightful mess and very sad. New Orleans in the epicenter of the south because of Mardi Gras, 1M people much closer than social distancing, that was a petri dish for this bug.

I am headed into town with the swarm of seniors but the liquor stores don't open until 10am and I really see no reason to get up before 9:59 but here I am anyway. So I guess I'll get some essentials to survival, if I must. I am rationing toilet paper and careful of how many sheets I use. I miss those days of not counting. I need to check with my insurance people and add my toilet paper to my valuables rider. I must check into a larger safe.

Y'all stay safe, especially the older men, this bug likes us better, so it seems. Just another oddity without explanation. Another mystery to add to my ever growing list.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to all who are visiting this thread and contributing, even if it's just reading.

It's times like these where I, personally, take the most comfort from this thread. Something about knowing that there are people out there that may be much different then I am but yet, still there, still fighting the good fight, still getting up every day and being a human being. I think that's a good thing.

How is everybody today? I hope everybody has something planned that takes your mind away from the 9 to 5 this weekend. I think I'm going to head to the store this weekend and do some shopping for my Wife's parents and my Parents and a few of my Uncles and Aunts again. It's just easier if we do it and then we know they are good for awhile.

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John, Jan, Corso and Colo, I hope all of you are doing well. Keep yourselves safe, don't do dumb things and just continue to live your lives. Somebody down here in New Mexico cares about y'all. ;)

Everybody, we are good. Our parents and grandparents did much harder, much tougher stuff. They made it, we can too. Go have fun this weekend and come back Monday stronger then the week before.

Gonna leave you with a little Kelly Clarkson for this Friday y'all.

Stronger:

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to all who are visiting this thread and contributing, even if it's just reading.

It's times like these where I, personally, take the most comfort from this thread. Something about knowing that there are people out there that may be much different then I am but yet, still there, still fighting the good fight, still getting up every day and being a human being. I think that's a good thing.

How is everybody today? I hope everybody has something planned that takes your mind away from the 9 to 5 this weekend. I think I'm going to head to the store this weekend and do some shopping for my Wife's parents and my Parents and a few of my Uncles and Aunts again. It's just easier if we do it and then we know they are good for awhile.

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John, Jan, Corso and Colo, I hope all of you are doing well. Keep yourselves safe, don't do dumb things and just continue to live your lives. Somebody down here in New Mexico cares about y'all. ;)

Everybody, we are good. Our parents and grandparents did much harder, much tougher stuff. They made it, we can too. Go have fun this weekend and come back Monday stronger then the week before.

Gonna leave you with a little Kelly Clarkson for this Friday y'all.

Stronger:

One of my "fight" songs from my chemo days (along with a few others like Fight Song and Overcomer)!!!

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Word came down in the world I know as The Incredible Shrinking Office. After last year's round of "exits" from our employment we were down to two full time attorneys (boss and his wife) and 6 staffers, including me (with one part time-as-needed attorney). Today (and I find the irony curious) in all this "March Madness" we cut two staffers. Not trying to be funny, but I made the final four (staffers). Also received assurance that I had nothing to worry about where my job is concerned, so for now I will rest on that.

Things are getting real here now.:(

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Word came down in the world I know as The Incredible Shrinking Office. After last year's round of "exits" from our employment we were down to two full time attorneys (boss and his wife) and 6 staffers, including me (with one part time-as-needed attorney). Today (and I find the irony curious) in all this "March Madness" we cut two staffers. Not trying to be funny, but I made the final four (staffers). Also received assurance that I had nothing to worry about where my job is concerned, so for now I will rest on that.

Things are getting real here now.:(
That's good, Jan. This would be about the worst time for you to be out of work.

Xelda

Reaction score
Morning Pops and friends. I am enjoying all this self quarantining. I'd probably do quite well sitting on a mountain doling out wisdom. I could put a sign at the base of the mountain that may go like this.

Before climbing mountain for wisdom consider these things:
Smile early and laugh often.
If it's not broken, don't touch it.
If it's broken, why did you touch it?
Be the first to ask forgiveness.
Assume your neighbors caught the whole thing on their security camera.
How many Amazon boxes can you carry?
Add three to that number
Yes, it was a catch
OJ did it
and social distancing will be strictly enforced.

Now to find my mountain and a cheap sign maker.