FEATURED Morning Pops!

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Morning Pops and friends. I am enjoying all this self quarantining. I'd probably do quite well sitting on a mountain doling out wisdom. I could put a sign at the base of the mountain that may go like this.

Before climbing mountain for wisdom consider these things:
Smile early and laugh often.
If it's not broken, don't touch it.
If it's broken, why did you touch it?
Be the first to ask forgiveness.
Assume your neighbors caught the whole thing on their security camera.
How many Amazon boxes can you carry?
Add three to that number
Yes, it was a catch
OJ did it
and social distancing will be strictly enforced.

Now to find my mountain and a cheap sign maker.
Xelda, Queen of the Mountain:)

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Morning Pops and friends. I am enjoying all this self quarantining. I'd probably do quite well sitting on a mountain doling out wisdom. I could put a sign at the base of the mountain that may go like this.

Add three to that number
Yes, it was a catch
OJ did it

Just write it in the dirt at the base of the mountain, then if the rain washes it away you can be indignant about it.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Replace the cow with an elk or a bear and you are really on to something.
:lmao2:
3uanaf.jpg

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score

Add three to that number
Yes, it was a catch
OJ did it

Xelda Lovelace.....

6.jpg

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, well, well they thought they'd put one over on yours truly. I had it timed out to stop by Walmart because HEB is a zoo and since the liquor store is in the next strip center, I would arrive a little after opening at 10am for my bottle of gin. There was a sign on the door with the new hours, 11am-8pm, and they hadn't thought to call or text me or send up a skywriter, they let me waste a trip to town. Walmart was just a time killer and a way to get some kicks getting 3 feet away from each shopper and clearing my throat.

So I am faced with a dilemma, burn some more time in town or head back and go to the local bottle shop where I'd sworn to never return. The attractive woman working in there wanted me, I could tell. I could tell because she carefully bagged my purchases when I first shopped there but then one day I went in and saw it, she was bagging another man's purchases and not only him but two more men. She was gang bagging three men, right there in front of me. Well, my sensibilities will not allow for such tawdry behavior so I vowed to never return.

So, I did the only logical thing I could do in town. I broke into the liquor store through the back door, got my gin and left payment on the counter. I didn't have correct change so I rounded down. Now I am feeling bad about the rounding down.

This disease is awful and I am appalled by the behavior I am seeing from my fellow citizens.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Well, well, well they thought they'd put one over on yours truly. I had it timed out to stop by Walmart because HEB is a zoo and since the liquor store is in the next strip center, I would arrive a little after opening at 10am for my bottle of gin. There was a sign on the door with the new hours, 11am-8pm, and they hadn't thought to call or text me or send up a skywriter, they let me waste a trip to town. Walmart was just a time killer and a way to get some kicks getting 3 feet away from each shopper and clearing my throat.

So I am faced with a dilemma, burn some more time in town or head back and go to the local bottle shop where I'd sworn to never return. The attractive woman working in there wanted me, I could tell. I could tell because she carefully bagged my purchases when I first shopped there but then one day I went in and saw it, she was bagging another man's purchases and not only him but two more men. She was gang bagging three men, right there in front of me. Well, my sensibilities will not allow for such tawdry behavior so I vowed to never return.

So, I did the only logical thing I could do in town. I broke into the liquor store through the back door, got my gin and left payment on the counter. I didn't have correct change so I rounded down. Now I am feeling bad about the rounding down.

This disease is awful and I am appalled by the behavior I am seeing from my fellow citizens.
:lmao2:Gang bagging... You really went there? Coach, you never fail to make me laugh out loud, and I feel guilty about it today because there are people here who are having a terrible day.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Afternoon pops and everyone else! Missed you all and hope all is well. Wash your hands and your behinds! I sure wish Coach Landry was still around to guide us through this mess
Hey russ, you been strollin? Long time no see.

I made a bidet out of an old bird bath and half a garden hose. Neighbors aren't too happy about it and the birds are downright pissed.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Morning, Pops and Pen pals. Welcome to the weekend. I'm home! Great to see the family and the furry family again. Traveling the last two days was eerie. It seemed post-apocalyptic almost except one survivor knew how to fly an airplane. Have a great weekend, everyone.

Xelda

Reaction score
Afternoon Pops and friends. Welcome back to the really big island, Leon. The crew sort of behaved the whole time you were gone.

Storms are a brewin' outside today, so I will stay inside. Bailey and I had the whole park to ourselves today outside of a few dogs fenced in beside the park. One fairly menacing looking dog ran along the fence for sport beside us. A small dog with huge ears threatened us with the wrath of small dogs everywhere. Nearly all of the trash cans had been either blown or knocked over.

Afternoon pops and everyone else! Missed you all and hope all is well. Wash your hands and your behinds! I sure wish Coach Landry was still around to guide us through this mess
To quote my momma "get in there and wash everything from your ears to your a**hole". Her momma said the same thing which was odd considering she was on loan from Heaven to shower me with attention. Come to think of it, that could have been my family crest on momma's side. I do not want to picture the flag that would have gone with it. (Been watching too much midieval stuff.)

I hope everyone is doing well and has a good Saturday. You know where to wash.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Evening Pops and everyone.

Napped today. Unusually tired. I'm growing weary of this isolation. I miss and want my Saturday morning coffee. Now it's just Saturday. I want a damn burger if I feel like it. Nope. I always felt trapped in this apartment on the weekends while that awful bar next door was open... and now that they're gone I'm even more trapped by something I can't even see, and thankfully haven't felt. Can't even enjoy the weekends for what they're supposed to be.

One more day to go before I have human interaction again. Maybe it will stop raining and it will warm up so I can at least open the windows...

Goodnight all.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Morning, Pops and pen pals. I mowed my lawns yesterday and weeded some of the flower beds. I still need to mow my back field. Maybe today; maybe not.
I hope you all stay safe. If you are staying home, this is a good time to lose yourself in your favorite hobby. Mine is applying weed and feed to my lawns. Yeah, right. But it needs to be done so maybe I do that today, then tinker in my workshop. Have a good one folks.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to all who decide to stop in and visit this morning.

Welcome to Monday everyone!

The Winds have arrived here in NM. That's good news, means the cold is blowing out and summer is coming in. Will be good for everybody to have the summer get here.

Once all this passes, first thing I'm gonna do is go ahead and get some Pizza from Saggio's. I'm dying for some good Pizza. May not be able to hold out, might have to just settle for some delivery.

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John, Jan, Corso and Colo, hope everybody enjoyed the weekend. We didn't do much, just hung around the house here.

Everybody, have a great Monday!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning Pops and fellow shut ins wondering how many people in their community actually follow current events. People built this lake house, about a block away form where I live, and there were 12 cars there yesterday and their deck was full of people partying and using the hot tub. It's a 2nd home to them so I wonder where those other people came from? The lady that keeps my dogs when I venture forth lives across the street and was out walking this morning and told me she called the police at 11 because of the noise. She happens to know the dispatcher who told her so many people are just ignoring the social distancing that their hands are tied in enforcing it but they did send an officer to tone it down.

What don't people get? The longer they refuse to hunker down, the longer we will have to do that and the more damage will be done to the economy. How can they be so sure they haven't been exposed? This bug is really tricky and not like the flu, you get that, you know.

I hope you are finding things to keep your minds busy and occupied, keeping mine busy is never a problem, it doesn't like to shut down. My little boy who doesn't like to be told what to do is showing up more and I wonder what another month of this is going to be like. It's nuts, I don't go out much so telling me to stay home ain't no big thangm 'cept I like it better when it's my idea.

My cousin in Denver was running low of TP and their friends in Richmond had an extra 12 pack and sent it to them. They gift wrapped it in Christmas wrap and my cousin's wife built a small TP Christmas tree and put colored lights on it and sent out photos. I really got a kick out of that. Took some of the sting out of our annual trip to Oaklawn in Hot Springs and 5 day party. I look forward to that every year but won't happen this year.

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
Good morning Pops and friends. Back to work. I still like Mondays. I’m working 4-10s now,Mon-Thurs. I had a chance to take care of some honey-do’s over the weekend. We’ve been staying away from Sam’s and Cosco’s. Last time we went the pandemic hadn’t hit yet and the Mrs loaded up with a big package of TP even tho we weren’t low and chlorox wipes, kinda glad she did now. We’re good for a while.

Stay safe my friends.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Evening Pops and everyone.

I broke isolation. Couldn't take it. Temps in the low sixties...I had to get out before I went nutso. Took my car for a drive in the evening sunshine and ended up out in the "country" about 20 miles outside of town near where my guy and I used to live. I miss being out there, and I even miss that commute to and from work every day. Stopped and got myself a couple slices of pizza (to go of course) from this place near where we used to live and then found I couldn't wait to get back to the apartment to enjoy it (I hope I don't pay for that later). Got out for a good hour at least. Does the soul good... I miss the sunshine...

Off to munch on this rare treat...

Have a great evening folks.