FEATURED Morning Pops!

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to all who decide to stop in and check out the thread. So, whats the good word for everybody today?

Temps have definitely dropped around here and we've gotten rain all yesterday and last night, which is really a good thing because it helps with the fires etc. It's currently about 45 degrees and it was in the 90s-100s just a couple days ago. Kinda weird but I'll take it.

Got up this morning and was confused about the day of the week. Again, weird..............

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John, Jan, Corso and Colo, hope you are all doing well.

Everybody, enjoy the day!

Xelda

Reaction score
Good morning Pops and Popsadoodles! I got up extra early today (before 9) and am trying to kick myself into gear. We've got a weird week (of which I'm not complaining) going on. We worked Tuesday and then Today. Yesterday I said to myself that I'd get things done while I'm off. As soon as I wake up, I'll go. Ok, I'll be sleepy and go. Ok, I'll be awake and not go. Someone is rubbing off on my procrastination bone. So I said to myself, I'll do it today since I'm already up. I might get one thing done today. There's always tomorrow to make that one nurse question her choice of careers.

Football this weekend? I got disgusted and unplugged my TV, speaker and cable box. It won't be any trouble to plug it all back in. I want to be excited, but we've been built up for decades only to strangle our hopes as the JJ & JG show rolls on. JJ can't destroy my will to watch, but the virus which shall not be named took a bite out of everything. I will put my Romo jersey on in anticipation Sunday and probably hyperventilate when they sing "I've been waiting all day for Sunday night". I hate the wording, but it's different this weekend.

Have a good day. I've got to get out and do that thing I needed to do yesterday. Goodbye home sweet home and hello Lowes with the tools to further test my skills. Tomorrow... that nurse or maybe Monday.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Afternoon Pops and everyone.

Quick run down of events while I’ve been under a self-imposed hiatus from the site. Figured if I didn’t like certain things here I’d keep my mouth shut and disappear for a bit. Didn’t matter. Nobody noticed anyway so I’ll just pick up where I left off.

My son and his wife welcomed a baby girl a few weeks ago so that’s #7 grand baby (the last kiddo for them) and the possibility of a #8 still looms in the next couple years for my daughter and her hubby.

Speaking of the female of my spawn, daughter killed the physical portion of the test to make it into police academy out in VB where she lives and thinks she did the same on the written. She’ll know sometime this week on that. Terrified for her to get on the force anywhere these days but out near Norfolk...Yikes! Academy starts in January I’m told and runs about 6 months.

Feeling like I need a visit with my doctors before my December visit/scan, but my new mantra “I don’t care” keeps me from calling so there’s that.

The aforementioned daughter is not a fan of Cam, so, since she can’t stomach pulling for Tampa Bay and her qb is now in TB, AND she’s super ticked that Gronk came back and went there too... we are welcoming a new Cowboys fan into the fold. I guess she’s finally decided her momma and hubby were right after all. Good girl.

‘Nuf said. Back to work.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Quick run down of events while I’ve been under a self-imposed hiatus from the site. Figured if I didn’t like certain things here I’d keep my mouth shut and disappear for a bit. Didn’t matter. Nobody noticed anyway so I’ll just pick up where I left off.

My son and his wife welcomed a baby girl a few weeks ago so that’s #7 grand baby (the last kiddo for them) and the possibility of a #8 still looms in the next couple years for my daughter and her hubby.

Speaking of the female of my spawn, daughter killed the physical portion of the test to make it into police academy out in VB where she lives and thinks she did the same on the written. She’ll know sometime this week on that. Terrified for her to get on the force anywhere these days but out near Norfolk...Yikes! Academy starts in January I’m told and runs about 6 months.

Feeling like I need a visit with my doctors before my December visit/scan, but my new mantra “I don’t care” keeps me from calling so there’s that.

The aforementioned daughter is not a fan of Cam, so, since she can’t stomach pulling for Tampa Bay and her qb is now in TB, AND she’s super ticked that Gronk came back and went there too... we are welcoming a new Cowboys fan into the fold. I guess she’s finally decided her momma and hubby were right after all. Good girl.

‘Nuf said. Back to work.
Don't know why you felt the need to leave but I am glad you are back and yes, you were missed.

Congrats on grandbaby #7.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

‘Nuf said. Back to work.
Congratulations on the new grand daughter!

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to all who decided to stop in and start the week by visiting this thread.

Anybody watch the scrimmage yesterday? Didn't see it here locally, which was a drag but it wouldn't have mattered if they had broadcasted it here or not, as it turns out.

Well, a fairly casual weekend turned into a kind of busy one. Didn't really do anything on Friday, just stayed home and relaxed. Saturday, ABQJr called me up and asked if we wanted to come over and have supper, drink some beer and sit around the fire. So we did that, stayed up way too late but was a really good time. Don't do that enough. Then yesterday, my youngest Boy, was supposed to close on his first house last week but that didn't happen, got delayed for probably a couple of weeks. He wanted to do a gender reveal at the new house but that kinda went down the drain. So he and my Wife, they food prep for the week on Sundays and about 5 pm yesterday, the Boy just decided he didn't want to wait anymore so we called up the inlaws, the kids and we threw together a supper and we did it last evening. Turns out we will have the first Girl Grandbaby in the Family and my Wife is crazy excited about this.

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John, Jan, Corso and Colo, I hope you are all doing well.

Everybody, please have a great week and I hope that everybody is recovering from the big blow Laura. Stay safe everybody, it's getting harder to do that lately, seems like.

Everyone, have a great week!
... and congrats to you ABQ on the grand baby girl!!

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Congratulations on the new grand daughter!
Thank you... hopefully will get to visit soon but I seem to be rather disconnected from the son on this since the baby is apparently his wife’s and her family has an all access pass. I guess I could schedule myself a time slot to visit, but... yeah. Let’s not get me started.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Meh. Is what it is. Think I’ve had my one so back to my mantra of ‘I don’t care’. More bbq for me if I don’t have to share.:)

Nonsense. That's not the way God works Jan. I don't know for sure but I suspect there is another one out there for you. Probably more then just the one actually but I can understand if you are putting more emphasis on the "more BBQ for me" part of the deal, and the result is that the BBQ is more of a necessity. That, I can 100% understand......

Xelda

Reaction score

‘Nuf said. Back to work.
Ok, first off... everyone noticed. If you're referring to my dear dishwasher, the thing is my hot water had been cut off blocking all dreams of an under sink water feature. My hand washing wasn't top quality. I called myself into the kitchen several times over poorly washed dishes, But what can be expected with slightly warm or scalding hot from the stove? My dishwasher and I would like to apologize if we offended you. I talked to my dishwasher today about it and it just stared at me then asked if I wanted to wash anything. I said shoot yeah! Lets get some stuff dirty. I'm still working on that last part.

Well congrats on the newest addition. Don't let yourself be pushed into a corner and nobody better recite that line from Dirty Dancing! I mean it Runny! I know you want to and Coach is going to do it anyway. It's like training cats around here.

:starspin: Also a big time :welcome: to the newly recruited spawn of Jan!!!!! :starspin: Now relax and rejoin the group. Admit it, you need us. Some more than others, but we're here all the same.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Ok, first off... everyone noticed. If you're referring to my dear dishwasher, the thing is my hot water had been cut off blocking all dreams of an under sink water feature. My hand washing wasn't top quality. I called myself into the kitchen several times over poorly washed dishes, But what can be expected with slightly warm or scalding hot from the stove? My dishwasher and I would like to apologize if we offended you. I talked to my dishwasher today about it and it just stared at me then asked if I wanted to wash anything. I said shoot yeah! Lets get some stuff dirty. I'm still working on that last part.

Well congrats on the newest addition. Don't let yourself be pushed into a corner and nobody better recite that line from Dirty Dancing! I mean it Runny! I know you want to and Coach is going to do it anyway. It's like training cats around here.

:starspin: Also a big time :welcome: to the newly recruited spawn of Jan!!!!! :starspin: Now relax and rejoin the group. Admit it, you need us. Some more than others, but we're here all the same.
You’re right, Xel. Not about the dishwasher :D, but that I do need you guys. Safe to say y’all are my sanity check o_O, and probably some of the best, and at times the only laughs I get in a day.

One bit of information I FAILED to mention was that my daughter and the grands will be here late October for a visit. By then it will have been more than a year since I got to see them. Unfortunately her hubby can’t come along, and they only get to stay for 3 days, but I’m so excited to see them and for them to see the house!!

Xelda

Reaction score
OIP.PlgjxtT4xClPtm-AWpOFIwAAAA

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Good evening Pops and peeps. I love fall and it came right on time this year. We have had much cooler, more comfortable days since the holiday. My adult grandson arrived from Missourah (I think that's how they pronounce it) today. Good to have him here.

Jan, congrats on the new grand!

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Good evening Pops and peeps. I love fall and it came right on time this year. We have had much cooler, more comfortable days since the holiday. My adult grandson arrived from Missourah (I think that's how they pronounce it) today. Good to have him here.

Jan, congrats on the new grand!
Thank you... and I’m in your camp about Fall:)