FEATURED Morning Pops!

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to all who decided to stop in and visit the thread.

So, we are at Wednesday with just a few hours left in the work day and headed to Thursday. I'm pretty happy about that.

What's the good news from everybody today? I think we are having Meatball Sandwiches today. I don't know how I feel about that, to be honest. I usually like those but today, I feel like Soup I think. Doesn't matter, I'll eat whatever is put in front of me. LOL...

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John, Jan, Corso and Colo, I hope all of you are doing well. Me, I'm looking forward to sleeping in this weekend. Need to catch up on some sleep.

Everybody, have a great day!

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good morning Pops and Zoner Friends,

Now that it is October 1 and Halloween is just around the corner, visions of pumpkin spice latte dance in my head - and I don't even drink coffee.

We made another trip to Montana yesterday, this time with the two backup kitties - this is our last temporary trip until the movers come next week to pack the CO home. Anyway, I was out early in my housecoat walking the cats at our rental home (mind you, we haven't officially met the new neighbors) and I saw one of our neighbors. He initially waved (kind of a Montana equivalent of 'sup) and then slowly lowered his hand when he saw the cats.

I couldn"t decide whether he was considering (1) unleasing his dogs or (2) calling the cops. Think I'll invite them over for an aperitif and canapes.

:muttley:

Edit:. It would be fun to be neighbors with 'Zoners

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good morning Pops and Zoner Friends,

Now that it is October 1 and Halloween is just around the corner, visions of pumpkin spice latte dance in my head - and I don't even drink coffee.

We made another trip to Montana yesterday, this time with the two backup kitties - this is our last temporary trip until the movers come next week to pack the CO home. Anyway, I was out early in my housecoat walking the cats at our rental home (mind you, we haven't officially met the new neighbors) and I saw one of our neighbors. He initially waved (kind of a Montana equivalent of 'sup) and then slowly lowered his hand when he saw the cats.

I couldn"t decide whether he was considering (1) unleasing his dogs or (2) calling the cops. Think I'll invite them over for an aperitif and canapes.

:muttley:

Edit:. It would be fun to be neighbors with 'Zoners
GET OFF MY LAAAAAAWWWWWNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to all who stopped in to visit this Friday!

Well, here we are again. As some of you may know, we have the boys with us till Sunday, parents are in Dallas so we got the duty. So interesting story. As many of you know, I am diabetic and so, have certain strong opinions on things loaded with sugar. The other day, the Wife came home from the Grocery Store with a cereal called Star Wars Baby Yoda from GM. Well, needless to say that this is nothing but a bunch of sugar biscuits with those fake marsh mellows in them. I told her, don't buy that junk for them. It's nothing but sugar, no value in it. She basically told me to stop being a 100 years old and let them be kids. This kinda went south from there. LOL........

So now, we come to Breakfast this morning, where she feed the Boys this cereal. I was sitting in the front room, working, and I hear her in the Kitchen with the Boys. Apparently, they ate all the marsh mellows, dumped all the cereal and milk in the sink and basically didn't eat it, other then the sugar biscuits. I walk in and ask her, "What's going on?" She says, nothing. She gets out a pan, eggs, sausage patties and the toaster and cooks up some Breakfast sandwiches for the Boys.

:laugh:

Speaking of cooking, the Wife made Chicken Noodle Soup and Fresh Homemade Bread last night for supper. So she is taking some over to my youngest boy because, of course, he broke his leg and apparently that means that he gets home cooked meals delivered from his Momma. Just so we understand, I don't think I could break my neck and get that done! Anyhow, she has the boys and is coming back from delivering and she calls me up about 8 pm and says, her Yukon just died and she is on the side of the road. Great! 2017 and it's on the side of the road! So I go out there and it's not the battery for sure. No power at all so I check all the obvious stuff and nothing is lose. It's not the battery, I try the jumper pack and still nothing. Has to be a plug or a fuse or a fitting somewhere. So I just start banging. Sure enough, I get it to start and we drive it directly to my best friends house, who is a mechanic. Sure enough, we get there and he and my other really good friend, who is a Hotshot, and has been gone, pretty much all summer, fighting fires all over the damn place and he's in town and they are peeling it back. Drop the truck off, no problem and man did I want to stick around and knock a couple back but couldn't do it because I had the Boys. But man, was ready to start Friday early for sure!

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John, Jan, Corso and Colo, I hope all is well with you all. Go enjoy the weekend but stay safe my Friends!

Everybody, the weekend is upon us! Go out, have fun but be very careful.

Usually I try to stay up on a Friday Afternoon but today, I feel a little retrospective. Today I'm gonna leave you with a real classic song about opportunity lost and a certain retrospect. This is a James Taylor tune he wrote in 1969 and released in Feb. of 1970 on his Sweet Baby James Album.

Here is James Taylor - Fire and Rain

Last edited:

Xelda

Reaction score
Good afternoon Pops and Popsadoodles. I can't quite say what's been gong on here but I felt sick this week and has the strongest, strangest dreams I've had in ages. Nothing with pot holders either. I wasn't thinking clearly, so I didn't post some sporadic stuff to make me seem crazier than I am. Not much has gone on, so I don't have any good stories to tell. I'm afraid I'm just boring right now so anyone that's into anything interesting, it's your turn. Happy Friday!

Oh ABQ, I had to ponder on the situation with your wife and can only offer the wise utterance of Coachadoodles.
GET OFF MY LAAAAAAWWWWWNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Evening Pops and everyone.

Xel... feel better soon.

Not much to tell in my life been working like crazy Mon-Fri but spent the better part of the last 5 weekends working on my flowerbeds in my small back yard. They were in need of a little love and updating but since I just moved in I let everything grow this year so I could see what was there and what I wanted to keep/get rid of. Well, with the exception of adding the “proverbial throw pillows” (i.e., pops of color deco like a bench, bird houses painted in bright colors... that sort of thing) the tear out, digging, planting, mulching (35 bags) blah blah blah finally got finished up last weekend. First few weeks killed my back. Got past that but ended up at the hobble-in clinic at the orthopedic office down the road this week. After xrays and the appropriate evaluation hobbled right back out of there with a knee brace, diagnosis of possible torn meniscus and follow up appointments for PT. We’ll see how this goes. If PT works out I can avoid the mri and possible surgery. Good news is that the xrays show no degeneration in the knees themselves.

That’s all I got for now. Best distraction I have for you, Xel. Sorry. Who’s next?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to all who stopped in to visit this Friday!

Well, here we are again. As some of you may know, we have the boys with us till Sunday, parents are in Dallas so we got the duty. So interesting story. As many of you know, I am diabetic and so, have certain strong opinions on things loaded with sugar. The other day, the Wife came home from the Grocery Store with a cereal called Star Wars Baby Yoda from GM. Well, needless to say that this is nothing but a bunch of sugar biscuits with those fake marsh mellows in them. I told her, don't buy that junk for them. It's nothing but sugar, no value in it. She basically told me to stop being a 100 years old and let them be kids. This kinda went south from there. LOL........

So now, we come to Breakfast this morning, where she feed the Boys this cereal. I was sitting in the front room, working, and I hear her in the Kitchen with the Boys. Apparently, they ate all the marsh mellows, dumped all the cereal and milk in the sink and basically didn't eat it, other then the sugar biscuits. I walk in and ask her, "What's going on?" She says, nothing. She gets out a pan, eggs, sausage patties and the toaster and cooks up some Breakfast sandwiches for the Boys.

:laugh:

Speaking of cooking, the Wife made Chicken Noodle Soup and Fresh Homemade Bread last night for supper. So she is taking some over to my youngest boy because, of course, he broke his leg and apparently that means that he gets home cooked meals delivered from his Momma. Just so we understand, I don't think I could break my neck and get that done! Anyhow, she has the boys and is coming back from delivering and she calls me up about 8 pm and says, her Yukon just died and she is on the side of the road. Great! 2017 and it's on the side of the road! So I go out there and it's not the battery for sure. No power at all so I check all the obvious stuff and nothing is lose. It's not the battery, I try the jumper pack and still nothing. Has to be a plug or a fuse or a fitting somewhere. So I just start banging. Sure enough, I get it to start and we drive it directly to my best friends house, who is a mechanic. Sure enough, we get there and he and my other really good friend, who is a Hotshot, and has been gone, pretty much all summer, fighting fires all over the damn place and he's in town and they are peeling it back. Drop the truck off, no problem and man did I want to stick around and knock a couple back but couldn't do it because I had the Boys. But man, was ready to start Friday early for sure!

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John, Jan, Corso and Colo, I hope all is well with you all. Go enjoy the weekend but stay safe my Friends!

Everybody, the weekend is upon us! Go out, have fun but be very careful.

Usually I try to stay up on a Friday Afternoon but today, I feel a little retrospective. Today I'm gonna leave you with a real classic song about opportunity lost and a certain retrospect. This is a James Taylor tune he wrote in 1969 and released in Feb. of 1970 on his Sweet Baby James Album.

Here is James Taylor - Fire and Rain

Ah, one of my all time favorite songs. One of those that takes you back so strongly, you can almost smell the 70's air....Smells like leaded exhaust.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good afternoon Pops and Popsadoodles. I can't quite say what's been gong on here but I felt sick this week and has the strongest, strangest dreams I've had in ages. Nothing with pot holders either. I wasn't thinking clearly, so I didn't post some sporadic stuff to make me seem crazier than I am. Not much has gone on, so I don't have any good stories to tell. I'm afraid I'm just boring right now so anyone that's into anything interesting, it's your turn. Happy Friday!

Oh ABQ, I had to ponder on the situation with your wife and can only offer the wise utterance of Coachadoodles.
There are worse things to be than "boring". Ugly, stupid, rude, bossy, and loud, to name a few. You're our girl, X!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Xel... feel better soon.

Not much to tell in my life been working like crazy Mon-Fri but spent the better part of the last 5 weekends working on my flowerbeds in my small back yard. They were in need of a little love and updating but since I just moved in I let everything grow this year so I could see what was there and what I wanted to keep/get rid of. Well, with the exception of adding the “proverbial throw pillows” (i.e., pops of color deco like a bench, bird houses painted in bright colors... that sort of thing) the tear out, digging, planting, mulching (35 bags) blah blah blah finally got finished up last weekend. First few weeks killed my back. Got past that but ended up at the hobble-in clinic at the orthopedic office down the road this week. After xrays and the appropriate evaluation hobbled right back out of there with a knee brace, diagnosis of possible torn meniscus and follow up appointments for PT. We’ll see how this goes. If PT works out I can avoid the mri and possible surgery. Good news is that the xrays show no degeneration in the knees themselves.

That’s all I got for now. Best distraction I have for you, Xel. Sorry. Who’s next?
It's a lot easier on your body to just let the weed whacker decide what stays and what goes.

Xelda

Reaction score

Xel... feel better soon.

Thank you so much for your kind words. I actually felt almost human today. I hope everything remains intact for you. You don't need to get down with a new home and winter coming. I can't come take care of you because I'm not a good nurse. I faint at the sight of blood and my empathy bone is unusually large. I'd push you over and suffer right along with you. Relatives laughed at me when my cousin was having problems with his prostate. They said I don't have one! Must have been removed when I was young. They should have taken my tonsils when they were removing stuff.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning Pops and a wonderful Salacious Saturday to all y'all. I shall live vicariously through your exploits and might possibly be imagining you having a better time than you are actually having so check in often. "(Sigh), I'm bored. Think I'll check in for what CC thinks I might be doing..........and hope I'm not too embarrassed".

X girl, sorry to hear you've been making bogies on the health course of life and hope you are on the mend. Golf reference for Leon and I doff my cap. I am not wearing a cap but I would doff it in his general direction and probably hit a couple of his foursome with collateral doffing. I still have my tonsils because they refuse to leave. They've been making bets on what adult beverage might be coming next.

Jan, I hope you are getting your new home just right for you as your home should be your sanctuary and not your sanitarium. Shouldn't they call that insanitarium? That stuff makes me crazy.

ABQ, nice selection and I remember my shock when I found out James Taylor's ongoing struggles with drugs. I don't know why but he didn't strike me as a guy that would get hooked but so many in the music and entertainment biz do so I shouldn't have been surprised. Guess I should have looked deeper into his lyrics for the hints?

Colo and RGV, not leaving out our two members that named themselves for locations and now one of them has to rethink that. I think G should change his moniker to RubyRed for those breast sized fruits that are so excellent. RGV stands for Rio Grande Valley or I could be wrong and it's Reginald Grayson Vicksimmons of the Devonshire Vicksimmons.

Runny, you'll be Hootering it soon and life will return to normal. I'd like to have a normal life with a hot wing in my mouth and eyes bulging out at tight tops and hot pants. Instead of just bulging out because I got the damn sauce to hot...again.

ksk, sheep. Nuff sed.

I know there's a lot of turmoil and uncertainty right now and this seems to get weirder each week and we're all at that stage of "Oh hell, what's next"? But just stop and consider what we are witnessing, boredom with humanity is impossible right now. Right now, is the most unusual circumstance and time since this country fought for it's freedom and then for the freedom of others. We are living in wonderous times, my friends. We are presented many images but we see what we look for.

Last edited:

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
ABQ, nice selection and I remember my shock when I found out James Taylor's ongoing struggles with drugs. I don't know why but he didn't strike me as a guy that would get hooked but so many in the music and entertainment biz do so I shouldn't have been surprised. Guess I should have looked deeper into his lyrics for the hints?

Well Coach, it's hard to say. I mean, he's one of the greatest song writers I've ever heard so when you listen to his music, it's really easy to miss that kind of stuff because the actual music is so good. I wouldn't be too hard on it, a lot of people, probably most people, missed that.