FEATURED Morning Pops!

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops, morning Jobs. Morning Fellas and good morning to all who stop this way to kick off the weekend.

So, member how I told you it's not so bad? Well......... Last night I was in the garage, Wife was inside with the kids eating camp beans and Corn Bread and the lights start going on and off, flickering. I look up, caught a flash of light from the corner of my eye and the power line into the house is arcing. All the power cut out so I ran out to the back yard to see what the problem was, I thought it was a transformer but it turned out that it was the actual power line into the house. So that line runs through a tree for the 220 into the house and I guess the ice, snow and wind weighed the limbs down to the point where the line and the tree were in contact. It was arcing to beat the band and that went on for maybe a few minutes and then he whole line just snapped. Half on the ground and the other half, still in the tree arcing. Sure enough, tree started burning but thankfully, it was too wet to really take hold or it would have been way worse! So, it's about 8:30 or so, at this time, the Fire Department gets here and not much they can do so we stand outside and wait, shoot the **** a little bit. I guess this goes for about 2.5 hours or so, until the Power Guys show up. So they get here, they take a look and tell me, can't fix it until the tree is trimmed back. So the temp is dropping fast, it's sleeting and snowing and there is no power or heat in the house, which is a big problem for my Wife. LOL...... Good news is they kill the power out on the line in the tree so we can at least get to it. By now it's 11:30 PM. Sooo..... I break out the chain saws and the tree pools and some ropes and the flood lights and start cutting. I guess we get done with that at around 2:00 and so we call back the Power Guys and they come back and get the line spliced and rehung, get the power couplings reattached and hot and I guess around 4:00 AM we have power again. I'm wet, cold and tired but at least I can get hot coffee! So I had a cup of that, restarted one of the furnaces, (wouldn't retstart, that shouldn't of happened), took a hot shower and went to bed.

Today is another day, I will have to go clean up the branches and trunks from last night, might just cut the whole tree down, don't know yet, and I'm gonna have to look at the the furnace that wouldn't kick over last night, also replace a few gutters because they kinda got crushed last night but could have been much worse. That line could have started a big fire, somebody could have gotten hurt, any number of things. So while my back is killing me this morning and I'm still tired, the good news is that all is fine and no major disaster occurred! Best news is that all those guys Fire, Power and my Buddy, who got out of bed to come help me get that cut done in the middle of a cold, wet night, showed up for us. That's what it's about folks.

Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John, Jan, Corso and Colo, I hope that all of you are enjoying a great day, thus far. Stay safe, stay warm and be happy!

Everybody, hope you all have a great weekend. Remember, be careful, have fun, but be careful.

Gonna leave everybody with this one for the weekend. Feels appropriate today. This is a tune called "Find Out Who Your Friends Are". This is a Tracy Lawrence Song with Tim McGraw and Kenny Chesney. We all got em, whether we know it or not. Just gotta ask sometimes.......

Xelda

Reaction score
Top row, second from the left. A bar I used to work at. I stuck a bottle of Aunt Jemima Syrup up there and no one noticed for weeks. To my chagrin, eventually people started doing shots. I'm half expecting to have a lawsuit on me for causing diabetes.
Thank you for ending it or I'd still be guessing. I still think there was a toga somewhere.

Xelda

Reaction score
Hell you say! Lookit, it's not every old Broad that has the horse sense and foresight to buy a garage to house a quality made door Xelda. Don't sell yourself short here. That's a classy move there. Only the highend Broads think that way!

:thumbup:
:bow: This is how it's done! You have the gift!

I hate to hear about electricity gone wild at your home, but glad you saw the silver lining in everything. It could have been so much worse. About time for a nap, isn't it?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It's full, you can't see it but Otis has a little butler bell he rings when he needs a fresh one and then he allows me the remote for 5 minutes and it gets to stay on that channel because he's not really watching it, he's just reading the captions.

I used to have a Homer Simpson avatar that the Gipper made for me but I couldn't use it over here so I went on a search and Otis captures perfectly how I feel watching the Cowboys try to play football. It is a mix of disgust, resignation and stupor. Now that applies to the news and current events as well.
Otis is the only avatar I remember you ever having. I'm almost 100% sure you had it on the old site. (I remember having to say anything negative about Otis in parentheses, because he can't read parentheticals.)

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Top row, second from the left. A bar I used to work at. I stuck a bottle of Aunt Jemima Syrup up there and no one noticed for weeks. To my chagrin, eventually people started doing shots. I'm half expecting to have a lawsuit on me for causing diabetes.
I couldn't see it clearly but I thought one of the bottles had a nursing nipple on in instead of a pour spout.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
:bow: This is how it's done! You have the gift!

I hate to hear about electricity gone wild at your home, but glad you saw the silver lining in everything. It could have been so much worse. About time for a nap, isn't it?

Sorry, just woke up. What were you saying here my dear?..........

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Otis is the only avatar I remember you ever having. I'm almost 100% sure you had it on the old site. (I remember having to say anything negative about Otis in parentheses, because he can't read parentheticals.)
Great memory. I left the old site for a while, going through some things, and when I returned they'd made some updates. My old moniker couldn't even be used but Quickdraw fixed me up and I got it back but needed a new avatar.

I thought someone had taken it over when I left but then I thought 'who in their right mind would pretend to be me' and face my old nemesis, dmsdyii, every time they posted. That man hated me with a passion and must have had me on follow because he'd show up when he was on to lay the wood to me. It was crazy too.

erod had started a thread about cheerleaders and made the comment that all high school cheerleaders turn out to be either strippers or 40 year old divorced apartment complex managers. That was right down my alley of absurdity and fairly specific so we began. We're into it and dmsdyii states that his daughter is a cheerleader and I replied that I hoped she gets to manage one of the newer complexes and he gets offended and accuses me of insulting his family. I told him that was nothing of the kind but he was pissed. Here's the crazy part. He comes back and said he reread it and he took it the wrong way but then he goes on this vendetta to spike any post I put up and had other posters asking him what his problem was.

We ended PMing and that only made it worse. There was no fixing this, some people just take a dislike to someone and can't give it up. LOL, I thought if someone had taken my moniker it might be him, running around all over the site insulting posters' daughters in my name. Strange thing, we never had any trouble before that.

My wife always told me I had a polarizing sense of humor and people either like me or really dislike me. I guess he was proof of that.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Morning Pops, morning Jobs. Morning Fellas and good morning to all who stop this way to kick off the weekend.

So, member how I told you it's not so bad? Well......... Last night I was in the garage, Wife was inside with the kids eating camp beans and Corn Bread and the lights start going on and off, flickering. I look up, caught a flash of light from the corner of my eye and the power line into the house is arcing. All the power cut out so I ran out to the back yard to see what the problem was, I thought it was a transformer but it turned out that it was the actual power line into the house. So that line runs through a tree for the 220 into the house and I guess the ice, snow and wind weighed the limbs down to the point where the line and the tree were in contact. It was arcing to beat the band and that went on for maybe a few minutes and then he whole line just snapped. Half on the ground and the other half, still in the tree arcing. Sure enough, tree started burning but thankfully, it was too wet to really take hold or it would have been way worse! So, it's about 8:30 or so, at this time, the Fire Department gets here and not much they can do so we stand outside and wait, shoot the **** a little bit. I guess this goes for about 2.5 hours or so, until the Power Guys show up. So they get here, they take a look and tell me, can't fix it until the tree is trimmed back. So the temp is dropping fast, it's sleeting and snowing and there is no power or heat in the house, which is a big problem for my Wife. LOL...... Good news is they kill the power out on the line in the tree so we can at least get to it. By now it's 11:30 PM. Sooo..... I break out the chain saws and the tree pools and some ropes and the flood lights and start cutting. I guess we get done with that at around 2:00 and so we call back the Power Guys and they come back and get the line spliced and rehung, get the power couplings reattached and hot and I guess around 4:00 AM we have power again. I'm wet, cold and tired but at least I can get hot coffee! So I had a cup of that, restarted one of the furnaces, (wouldn't retstart, that shouldn't of happened), took a hot shower and went to bed.

Today is another day, I will have to go clean up the branches and trunks from last night, might just cut the whole tree down, don't know yet, and I'm gonna have to look at the the furnace that wouldn't kick over last night, also replace a few gutters because they kinda got crushed last night but could have been much worse. That line could have started a big fire, somebody could have gotten hurt, any number of things. So while my back is killing me this morning and I'm still tired, the good news is that all is fine and no major disaster occurred! Best news is that all those guys Fire, Power and my Buddy, who got out of bed to come help me get that cut done in the middle of a cold, wet night, showed up for us. That's what it's about folks.

Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John, Jan, Corso and Colo, I hope that all of you are enjoying a great day, thus far. Stay safe, stay warm and be happy!

Everybody, hope you all have a great weekend. Remember, be careful, have fun, but be careful.

Gonna leave everybody with this one for the weekend. Feels appropriate today. This is a tune called "Find Out Who Your Friends Are". This is a Tracy Lawrence Song with Tim McGraw and Kenny Chesney. We all got em, whether we know it or not. Just gotta ask sometimes.......

Your adventures last night just described my entire year at the office

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Great memory. I left the old site for a while, going through some things, and when I returned they'd made some updates. My old moniker couldn't even be used but Quickdraw fixed me up and I got it back but needed a new avatar.

I thought someone had taken it over when I left but then I thought 'who in their right mind would pretend to be me' and face my old nemesis, dmsdyii, every time they posted. That man hated me with a passion and must have had me on follow because he'd show up when he was on to lay the wood to me. It was crazy too.

erod had started a thread about cheerleaders and made the comment that all high school cheerleaders turn out to be either strippers or 40 year old divorced apartment complex managers. That was right down my alley of absurdity and fairly specific so we began. We're into it and dmsdyii states that his daughter is a cheerleader and I replied that I hoped she gets to manage one of the newer complexes and he gets offended and accuses me of insulting his family. I told him that was nothing of the kind but he was pissed. Here's the crazy part. He comes back and said he reread it and he took it the wrong way but then he goes on this vendetta to spike any post I put up and had other posters asking him what his problem was.

We ended PMing and that only made it worse. There was no fixing this, some people just take a dislike to someone and can't give it up. LOL, I thought if someone had taken my moniker it might be him, running around all over the site insulting posters' daughters in my name. Strange thing, we never had any trouble before that.

My wife always told me I had a polarizing sense of humor and people either like me or really dislike me. I guess he was proof of that.
I can't say I remember him. Maybe that was before my time. I'm sure you were easy on him, because I know if you wanted to make someone regret a battle of words, they'd wave the white flag eventually.