FEATURED Morning Pops!

Xelda

Reaction score
Morning Pops and Popsadoodles. I have come to the conclusion that the north can have it's snow back. The sun's out and isn't even bothering to melt it. That is just sarcasm! Worse yet it only snowed at night, so we didn't get to see the magic which is awe inspiring in the south. It has looked like a Charlie Brown Christmas for a week now with our UPS presents being held hostage. I don't want to be me when it all arrives at one time.

I did some grocery shopping on Amazon (twice) since our stores are closed. I ordered $50 worth of peanuts! My favorite, the unsalted dry roasted variety. It better last me a long time. It's actually kind of hard to find here, hence justification for the stock pile. I got $40 worth of Goya olives which my store stopped carrying. $26 worth of rice that my Sam's stopped carrying, the saffron yellow rice. It's really good. I got other stuff too, but those were my 'what was she thinking' purchases.

Everything is on hold here, so I have myself for entertainment. If I hadn't unplugged my TV right after the Super Bowl, I'd know what's going on more accurately. I can still find plenty to entertain myself with without a TV. I'm just blissfully ignorant of current news. $50 worth of peanuts being held hostage as I wait for the snow to melt is my news along with a really screwed up sleep pattern. Life is pretty good. Oh, I just checked the label on my Coke Zero and can't find caffeine anywhere. Why am I drinking this crap? I don't do just for the taste of it, I need caffeine!

I guess I'd better shut up now. I'm on UPS watch just in case. Have a good day everyone.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Morning Pops and Popsadoodles. I have come to the conclusion that the north can have it's snow back. The sun's out and isn't even bothering to melt it. That is just sarcasm! Worse yet it only snowed at night, so we didn't get to see the magic which is awe inspiring in the south. It has looked like a Charlie Brown Christmas for a week now with our UPS presents being held hostage. I don't want to be me when it all arrives at one time.

I did some grocery shopping on Amazon (twice) since our stores are closed. I ordered $50 worth of peanuts! My favorite, the unsalted dry roasted variety. It better last me a long time. It's actually kind of hard to find here, hence justification for the stock pile. I got $40 worth of Goya olives which my store stopped carrying. $26 worth of rice that my Sam's stopped carrying, the saffron yellow rice. It's really good. I got other stuff too, but those were my 'what was she thinking' purchases.

Everything is on hold here, so I have myself for entertainment. If I hadn't unplugged my TV right after the Super Bowl, I'd know what's going on more accurately. I can still find plenty to entertain myself with without a TV. I'm just blissfully ignorant of current news. $50 worth of peanuts being held hostage as I wait for the snow to melt is my news along with a really screwed up sleep pattern. Life is pretty good. Oh, I just checked the label on my Coke Zero and can't find caffeine anywhere. Why am I drinking this crap? I don't do just for the taste of it, I need caffeine!

I guess I'd better shut up now. I'm on UPS watch just in case. Have a good day everyone.
Hmm, I shoveled my driveway about 2 hours ago and most of it is already dry. Guess it's just used to Winter.

As for soda, have you ever tried Frannie's? I like the Black Cherry and the Vanilla Creme. They're both probably the best tasting sodas of their respective flavors I've ever had. Zero calories, but they do have caffeine and some vitamins.
A9XwWFo.jpg

Xelda

Reaction score
Hmm, I shoveled my driveway about 2 hours ago and most of it is already dry. Guess it's just used to Winter.

As for soda, have you ever tried Frannie's? I like the Black Cherry and the Vanilla Creme. They're both probably the best tasting sodas of their respective flavors I've ever had. Zero calories, but they do have caffeine and some vitamins.
A9XwWFo.jpg
SOLD! If I can find it. Thanks for sharing, Runny.

dallasdave

Reaction score

A9XwWFo.jpg
I love Cherries:yourock::yourock::yourock:

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Afternoon Pops and friends. We just got our internet and TV service restored about an hour ago. A transformer was blown during the deep freeze. I read where the entire Texas electrical grid was minutes away from catastrophic failure, in which case it would have taken weeks or months to recover. That's why they started the rolling blackouts. We were without power for 2 days and nights. We nearly used up all of the firewood we had stored up.

I felt like a pioneer digging the wood from under the snow and everyone huddling around the fireplace. The food we cooked in the fireplace was good though.

Warmer days are ahead, thank goodness.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

A9XwWFo.jpg
I love black cherry soda! Along this same lines, I recently discovered a sour cherry cider (actually a blend of apple and cherry cider) from Western Cider in MT. Great stuff.

Apparently, the Flathead Lake region of Montana is famous for its cherry orchards. Who Knew?? Montana is just getting better and better.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I love black cherry soda! Along this same lines, I recently discovered a sour cherry cider (actually a blend of apple and cherry cider) from Western Cider in MT. Great stuff.

Apparently, the Flathead Lake region of Montana is famous for its cherry orchards. Who Knew?? Montana is just getting better and better.
"Come for the overabundance of snow, stay for the cherries."

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning Pops and all the former Southern Popsicles thawing out. Shout out to our Connecticutian and our Iowan and I am sick and tired of hearing how Iowa knows how to operate their big fans better than Texas. I already assumed that.

Still on boiling water here and awaiting that power bill. I saw this morning, one guy got his because his billing cycle just ended and it was $16,000+. The governor called an emergency meeting with the legislature yesterday to address this and what can be done. At some point I hope "what is right" enters into this because they failed this state miserably and want a bonus for that?

Have we not learned anything? What has deregulation ever done for anyone but the profiteers and criminals? We left the banks watching the money and damn near had a total collapse and now have left a bunch of soulless profiteers in charge of the energy. They screw up the power and then want to gouge the people for what little they did deliver. Need to remember that regulations are actually laws in disguise. Laws to protect the citizens. Ok, jumping down from the stump now but I am beyond angry at the audacity of these people.

Need to focus on the good guys in this, the energy people charged with getting it back on in single digit overnight weather with little rest and under tremendous stress. My heart goes out to them and my finger goes out to their bosses that profited from this.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Morning Pops and all the former Southern Popsicles thawing out. Shout out to our Connecticutian and our Iowan and I am sick and tired of hearing how Iowa knows how to operate their big fans better than Texas. I already assumed that.

Still on boiling water here and awaiting that power bill. I saw this morning, one guy got his because his billing cycle just ended and it was $16,000+. The governor called an emergency meeting with the legislature yesterday to address this and what can be done. At some point I hope "what is right" enters into this because they failed this state miserably and want a bonus for that?

Have we not learned anything? What has deregulation ever done for anyone but the profiteers and criminals? We left the banks watching the money and damn near had a total collapse and now have left a bunch of soulless profiteers in charge of the energy. They screw up the power and then want to gouge the people for what little they did deliver. Need to remember that regulations are actually laws in disguise. Laws to protect the citizens. Ok, jumping down from the stump now but I am beyond angry at the audacity of these people.

Need to focus on the good guys in this, the energy people charged with getting it back on in single digit overnight weather with little rest and under tremendous stress. My heart goes out to them and my finger goes out to their bosses that profited from this.
Our state went after the power company a while back, because they weren't well enough prepared, and a lot of people were out of power for a long time. I don't know exactly what they did, but my bills have been lower for a while now.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Our state went after the power company a while back, because they weren't well enough prepared, and a lot of people were out of power for a long time. I don't know exactly what they did, but my bills have been lower for a while now.
That is the difference in living in an energy state like Texas, it's rife with corruption and lobbyists.

It didn't take these people less than a day to start pointing fingers and telling lies.

I have been considering moving when my lease is up and while I've lived more aggregate years in Texas than any other state, it has always been my least favorite to live in. The only two things I like about this state are family and no state income tax. They don't even have the best BBQ or Mexican food I've had in Texas.

They do have some exquisitely beautiful women here though.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
That is the difference in living in an energy state like Texas, it's rife with corruption and lobbyists.

It didn't take these people less than a day to start pointing fingers and telling lies.

I have been considering moving when my lease is up and while I've lived more aggregate years in Texas than any other state, it has always been my least favorite to live in. The only two things I like about this state are family and no state income tax. They don't even have the best BBQ or Mexican food I've had in Texas.

They do have some exquisitely beautiful women here though.
On my way!!!

Xelda

Reaction score
Good morning Pops and Popsadoodles. I just woke up, so that counts as morning for me. Yes it does. Does too. I got up in time to see the Cowboys play. One problem with that.

I ordered those drinks last night, Runny. I hope all my taste buds are functioning when they arrive. I got all my fragrances in and can't smell them. I'm wearing about eight right now and can't detect a single petal or note.

My energy bill has been averaging $52 a month. I've had space heaters on my pipes this past week and know that's going to mess with my average, but it's cheaper than a plumber. I don't know how anyone could have an electrical bill for over $16, 000. If I were him, I'd look for extension cords from all the neighbors hooked to my house and shut the refrigerator door. Momma always preached about the evils of an open refrigerator door, well at least when I was in the kitchen. I still have no idea how anyone could have a current bill like that unless they live in a very large castle with extension cord parasites.

On my way!!!
He said the food wasn't that good.

Have a good Sunday everyone and all hail Coach's finger to the powers that be.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good morning Pops and Popsadoodles. I just woke up, so that counts as morning for me. Yes it does. Does too. I got up in time to see the Cowboys play. One problem with that.

I ordered those drinks last night, Runny. I hope all my taste buds are functioning when they arrive. I got all my fragrances in and can't smell them. I'm wearing about eight right now and can't detect a single petal or note.

My energy bill has been averaging $52 a month. I've had space heaters on my pipes this past week and know that's going to mess with my average, but it's cheaper than a plumber. I don't know how anyone could have an electrical bill for over $16, 000. If I were him, I'd look for extension cords from all the neighbors hooked to my house and shut the refrigerator door. Momma always preached about the evils of an open refrigerator door, well at least when I was in the kitchen. I still have no idea how anyone could have a current bill like that unless they live in a very large castle with extension cord parasites.

He said the food wasn't that good.

Have a good Sunday everyone and all hail Coach's finger to the powers that be.
I hope your taste buds are doing better than your smell buds, but if you can't taste the soda, just keep it in storage until you can....and most importantly, don't blame me!

My brother had an electric bill a couple of years ago of over $600, and his house isn't all that big. My advice was to put all his kids up for adoption (even the ones who's moved out years before) but his girlfriend wouldn't go for it.

As for the food in Texas, I'm sure all Hooters are pretty much the same.