FEATURED Morning Pops!

Xelda

Reaction score
I understand your views and do agree that Valentine's Day is a bit contrived and commercialized way too much... but, I still can't shake the feeling of doing something really special for my wife -- typically, a nice meal, great bottle of wine and a chick flick. I'll admit it, I am a SNAG... sensitive new age guy

And, there I was yesterday smoking a small standing rib roast in 10F weather.
You've definitely got some fans here.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Morning Pops and friends.

Another NYC delivery day, but at least it's only a cold rain, and not something worse. Still, almost had a situation, when I came upon a car carrier stopped on the side of the highway with the tail of his trailer halfway into the right lane. I tried to call the NY State Police, but my bluetooth thought I said to call my cousin Donna, and as close as "New York State Police" sounds to "Donna", I decided to cancel the call and hope someone else already called them...or her. Hopefully my braking to 20 mph before I could move into the middle lane warned everyone of the danger in the right lane.

Xelda

Reaction score
Good afternoon Pops and Popsadoodles. I hope everyone is staying safe and warm and for Runny, safe and warm as possible. I guess it's snowed 2 nights in a row. Everything is bright white and looks clean. I think I get why Jan loves it so. I'm still looking forward to spring though.
Morning Pops and friends.

Another NYC delivery day, but at least it's only a cold rain, and not something worse. Still, almost had a situation, when I came upon a car carrier stopped on the side of the highway with the tail of his trailer halfway into the right lane. I tried to call the NY State Police, but my bluetooth thought I said to call my cousin Donna, and as close as "New York State Police" sounds to "Donna", I decided to cancel the call and hope someone else already called them...or her. Hopefully my braking to 20 mph before I could move into the middle lane warned everyone of the danger in the right lane.
I was driving home from work one day and started singing to a song that was playing. Siri interrupted me with "I don't understand what you are saying". Arrogant heifer! You aren't here to critique me. Besides it's rock and roll, you're not supposed to understand either. You just ride with your mouth... er chip(?) shut.

Something I do for fun is watch YouTube videos with closed captioning on. I don't know who or what is translating, but I can get entirely different story lines from time to time. Paris is turned into Harris for example and the thicker the accent, the further from the story CC gets.

Have a good day everyone.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Good afternoon Pops and Popsadoodles. I hope everyone is staying safe and warm and for Runny, safe and warm as possible. I guess it's snowed 2 nights in a row. Everything is bright white and looks clean. I think I get why Jan loves it so. I'm still looking forward to spring though.

I was driving home from work one day and started singing to a song that was playing. Siri interrupted me with "I don't understand what you are saying". Arrogant heifer! You aren't here to critique me. Besides it's rock and roll, you're not supposed to understand either. You just ride with your mouth... er chip(?) shut.

Something I do for fun is watch YouTube videos with closed captioning on. I don't know who or what is translating, but I can get entirely different story lines from time to time. Paris is turned into Harris for example and the thicker the accent, the further from the story CC gets.

I’m glad if even for just a moment someone sees what I mean about why the snow is so beautiful. Like anything in nature, you gotta respect it and the cold that inevitably comes with it. By this weekend we should see almost a good 40-50 degree swing in temps bringing us highs in the mid to upper 30’s.

We got another 3.5” of snow last night. Sure is pretty to see that clean white blanket covering everything... at least until the cars and plows come through and give it that yucky grayish brown dinge. Nice thing is my yard looks pristine, and it’s so peaceful at night with the soft glow from my yard light shining on it from the top of my hill. Everything is so quiet at the park in the winter too. Pretty much only the neighbors go over there and let their dogs run. Alaskan Malamutes named Basil and Iris. Beautiful and well trained dogs. They have so much fun in the cold air. The summer brings out the snippy, sassy little runt ankle biters that I can do without.

Back to work!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I’m glad if even for just a moment someone sees what I mean about why the snow is so beautiful. Like anything in nature, you gotta respect it and the cold that inevitably comes with it. By this weekend we should see almost a good 40-50 degree swing in temps bringing us highs in the mid to upper 30’s.

We got another 3.5” of snow last night. Sure is pretty to see that clean white blanket covering everything... at least until the cars and plows come through and give it that yucky grayish brown dinge. Nice thing is my yard looks pristine, and it’s so peaceful at night with the soft glow from my yard light shining on it from the top of my hill. Everything is so quiet at the park in the winter too. Pretty much only the neighbors go over there and let their dogs run. Alaskan Malamutes named Basil and Iris. Beautiful and well trained dogs. They have so much fun in the cold air. The summer brings out the snippy, sassy little runt ankle biters that I can do without.

Back to work!
:p:p:p

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

I was watching a video on my phone today, when suddenly it started looking up how to translate something all on its own. Then I realized someone in the video said the word "translate" loudly, several times in a row, and that's what triggered it.
:laugh:

Xelda

Reaction score
I was watching a video on my phone today, when suddenly it started looking up how to translate something all on its own. Then I realized someone in the video said the word "translate" loudly, several times in a row, and that's what triggered it.
:laugh:
Siri is evil all by herself. The last thing she needs is help. QVC sells Alexa devices and one night the host pretended to order a pizza on the demonstration device. Woe unto all the folks that had left the room or fallen asleep with QVC on. Pizzas went out across the country.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Afternoon Pops, Jobs. Afternoon Fellas and Good Afternoon to all who stop in and visit this thread.

Sorry to say to those on the East Coast, more snow on the way. We got more last night and it's been flat cold for days. Last night, it was bitter cold like I haven't really felt since I was at Great Lakes. We have a stray cat that lives in the area and I thought I heard him outside the garage door last night. This was probably around 11 pm local time. So I went outside to just see, figured I could let the kitty hang out in the garage for the night. Anyhow, I opened the garage door and stepped out and got into the wind a little bit and that chill hit me and that cold air felt like it does when it's bitter cold. It feels like somebody knocks the wind out of you and it's hard to breath in. That's how you know it's too cold and not safe. When you feel that kind of cold, you better understand what it is you are dealing with. Never stop moving in that kind of cold, it's dangerous. Anyway, couldn't find the cat but I saw him this morning so I figure he probably went back into the shed out back and hung out. I think I might just take a couple bails of hey out there and just leave em there. I don't think that cat is going to come in anyhow so if I do that, it should be warm enough for that kitty.

I guess 17 dead, so far over in Texas over the storm. Big power outages all over. Hard to imagine Texas not having enough power but sure enough, it's happening.

RW, you be real careful, driving with idiots is a pain in the arse on a normal day. Times like this, it's downright dangerous. Take care of you Brother.

Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John, Jan, Corso and Colo, I hope all of you are safe. Do what you gotta do to stay warm and safe everybody.

People, it's Tuesday and at the end of the work day. Stay safe, take care of the old ones that you know of around you, even if they aren't your old ones. They are somebodies so try to help as much as you can. They don't do well in this kind of weather. Everybody, God Bless.....

I feel like we need a little pickmeup sound. This song was release in 1968 by the Foundation but interestingly enough, they had just signed the new lead singer, Colin Young, to replace Clem Curtis. The song was a huge hit and the rest is history. On a cold Tuesday Afternoon, here is The Foundation with their hit record, Build Me Up Buttercup.....

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
To quote Rocky's trainer "Women weaken legs"... What have you been up to?
Currently defrosting. I just finished hanging an exterior door. I'll be working on the electronics soon. The older I've gotten, the less of a threshold I have in the cold. And to think I used to play in this stuff from sunrise to sunset on purpose, lol.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Currently defrosting. I just finished hanging an exterior door. I'll be working on the electronics soon. The older I've gotten, the less of a threshold I have in the cold. And to think I used to play in this stuff from sunrise to sunset on purpose, lol.
I have the reverse problem - little or no tolerance for heat and humidity anymore; just saps all my energy. At least with the cold, I can layer to stay warm.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I have the reverse problem - little or no tolerance for heat and humidity anymore; just saps all my energy. At least with the cold, I can layer to stay warm.
I'm from Vegas, so I think I'm just naturally adaptive to the heat. I can also get really dark in the sun quickly, partly due to my genetics. I agree with the advantage of putting layers on, you can only take off so much. Often times I will crack the window with the heat off when I sleep. But this weather is just brutal.
When it's cold, all my past injuries and my age come full steam ahead to the surface. When it's hot and humid, I'm nice and loose. I can't complain too much, because in WNY we get 4 seasons.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
I'm from Vegas, so I think I'm just naturally adaptive to the heat. I can also get really dark in the sun quickly, partly due to my genetics. I agree with the advantage of putting layers on, you can only take off so much. Often times I will crack the window with the heat off when I sleep. But this weather is just brutal.
When it's cold, all my past injuries and my age come full steam ahead to the surface. When it's hot and humid, I'm nice and loose. I can't complain too much, because in WNY we get 4 seasons.
I agree fully with that whole concept of only being able to take off just so much but being able to add layers as needed... and have voiced that specific thing to my family of whiners here. What I don’t envy is those folks south of where I am that are dealing with a lot of odd freezing weather and worse, the power outages. That’s no joke when your state isn’t prepared to handle that load.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I agree fully with that whole concept of only being able to take off just so much but being able to add layers as needed... and have voiced that specific thing to my family of whiners here. What I don’t envy is those folks south of where I am that are dealing with a lot of odd freezing weather and worse, the power outages. That’s no joke when your state isn’t prepared to handle that load.
Yeah, it's easy to suggest answers to their problems but I feel for them. I mean, I think everyone should have a backup generator no matter where you live. For any reason. However, this is a rare case and I think it's got more to do with the State leaders not being prepared. The lesson for me in this case is be prepared regardless, sometimes you cannot count on others to bring you comfort.