FEATURED Morning Pops!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good morning Pops and Friends,

All quiet on the western front and, seemingly, pretty quiet on this thread.

I am sitting on our balcony enjoying a cup of tea and the pre-dawn stillness. It is about 40 F. We're expecting rain this weekend and, above 6,000 ft, a bit of snow.

My wife is in Russia visiting family and friends. Silly woman left me alone with the cats. So, with Pandora rocking the 70's and 80's, I began the demolition of a large walk-in closet in the basement. My intent is to convert it to a dry sauna - Hopefully, just in time for winter.

I notice the Cowboy's game won't be broadcast in our area... some team from Seattle is playing. I should have added that, as excited as I am about the resumption of football, I am having a hard time getting "in" to it. Am I alone.

How's your weekend starting?? Wish I could upload my game camera; a herd of elk just passed near our home.
Neighbor's cat just took a dump in my yard, uploading cat crap camera later to all of you in a PM.

I am envious of your actual seasonal change, mid 90's here....again and again and again. Also envious of that dry sauna but I don't have to build a wet sauna, just walk outside.

Ask your wife to slap Putin for me, he irritates the hell out of me.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Neighbor's cat just took a dump in my yard, uploading cat crap camera later to all of you in a PM.

I am envious of your actual seasonal change, mid 90's here....again and again and again. Also envious of that dry sauna but I don't have to build a wet sauna, just walk outside.

Ask your wife to slap Putin for me, he irritates the hell out of me.
I don't know about slapping Putin, but i did ask her family (in Russia) what they thought of our president... all I heard from the phone was laughter

Xelda

Reaction score
Good morning Pops and Popsadoodles. It's 76 and rainy here. Excellent sleeping weather.

My aunt's funeral went off without an explosion, but one of my cousins spilled her vodka right before the service. She had to leave to get a refill. No one else was told a 10:00 funeral was a drinking affair. Daddy had disinvited her to his funeral along with my first cousin's ex that chased down and married my ex. Both were in attendance here although, my cousin didn't let us know her mom had died. Saved me an excuse to not go. Her momma was a wild one which describes one of the two factions within the family, Wild Ones and Southern Baptist. All us SBs get our eyes or ears blistered when the factions come together. WOs have no shame.

Thank y'all for the stories and keeping our thread alive.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good morning Pops and Popsadoodles. It's 76 and rainy here. Excellent sleeping weather.

My aunt's funeral went off without an explosion, but one of my cousins spilled her vodka right before the service. She had to leave to get a refill. No one else was told a 10:00 funeral was a drinking affair. Daddy had disinvited her to his funeral along with my first cousin's ex that chased down and married my ex. Both were in attendance here although, my cousin didn't let us know her mom had died. Saved me an excuse to not go. Her momma was a wild one which describes one of the two factions within the family, Wild Ones and Southern Baptist. All us SBs get our eyes or ears blistered when the factions come together. WOs have no shame.

Maybe she wasn't drinking at the funeral and just hadn't stopped from the night before? That's not day drinking, it is extended night drinking. A Wild One trait, to be sure.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

With no disrespect intended, you have some interesting family members:

along with my first cousin's ex that chased down and married my ex.

Xelda

Reaction score
With no disrespect intended, you have some interesting family members:

along with my first cousin's ex that chased down and married my ex.
I'm glad you see that. It's not just me thinking we've got some crazy in this family.

True story. At first I was furious, but then it got funny to me. They absolutely deserve each other.

A side note, I've been married twice for a combined total of 6 years and ten months. I just couldn't put up with more buffoonery out of either. One died of cancer and the other one is dead to me through marriage. Maybe I'm crazy too.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good morning Pops and Friends,

All quiet on the western front and, seemingly, pretty quiet on this thread.

I am sitting on our balcony enjoying a cup of tea and the pre-dawn stillness. It is about 40 F. We're expecting rain this weekend and, above 6,000 ft, a bit of snow.

My wife is in Russia visiting family and friends. Silly woman left me alone with the cats. So, with Pandora rocking the 70's and 80's, I began the demolition of a large walk-in closet in the basement. My intent is to convert it to a dry sauna - Hopefully, just in time for winter.

I notice the Cowboy's game won't be broadcast in our area... some team from Seattle is playing. I should have added that, as excited as I am about the resumption of football, I am having a hard time getting "in" to it. Am I alone.

How's your weekend starting?? Wish I could upload my game camera; a herd of elk just passed near our home.
Wow, a heard of elk??? How cool! So much better than the stinky deer we have around here!!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I'm glad you see that. It's not just me thinking we've got some crazy in this family.

True story. At first I was furious, but then it got funny to me. They absolutely deserve each other.

A side note, I've been married twice for a combined total of 6 years and ten months. I just couldn't put up with more buffoonery out of either. One died of cancer and the other one is dead to me through marriage. Maybe I'm crazy too.
But you're our kind of crazy!!!........I wonder what that says about us?

Xelda

Reaction score
I survived yesterday's game Pops and Popsadoodles!!! Never mind that I'm watching the clock wind down without a planned play, but to put the game on our kicker's foot nearly cost me some clean underwear. At the very least, Brady taught them not to hand the ball back with time on the clock. Our first W of the season tastes funny, but we'll take it.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Afternoon Pops and everyone from Wisconsin.

Uneventful trip. My “friend” had work crap come up and couldn’t come along as planned (this girl right here is very unhappy right now) so I got stuck bringing my sister. I was supposed to be here this whole week. Instead, she and I came up Saturday and are heading back in the morning. Enough is enough.

Me: Do you wanna go zip lining?
Julie: Nah

Me: Wanna go to the zoo?

Me: Wanna go fishing?

See the pattern here? I managed to force her to go to the zoo and go fishing, but I’m done.

I remember how cute my 3yo grandson was (now 11yo) when he would read all the signs along the road when we were driving (side note, he was reading at age 2-1/2). Anywaaaay, yeah, listening to a 56yo woman read all the signs along the side of the road for five and a half+ hours when I’m trapped in the car with her is not so cute. Never. Again. Next time I’m running a lottery and taking some of you folks with me (if there is a next time)!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Afternoon Pops and everyone from Wisconsin.

Uneventful trip. My “friend” had work crap come up and couldn’t come along as planned (this girl right here is very unhappy right now) so I got stuck bringing my sister. I was supposed to be here this whole week. Instead, she and I came up Saturday and are heading back in the morning. Enough is enough.

Me: Do you wanna go zip lining?

Me: Wanna go to the zoo?

Me: Wanna go fishing?

See the pattern here? I managed to force her to go to the zoo and go fishing, but I’m done.

I remember how cute my 3yo grandson was (now 11yo) when he would read all the signs along the road when we were driving (side note, he was reading at age 2-1/2). Anywaaaay, yeah, listening to a 56yo woman read all the signs along the side of the road for five and a half+ hours when I’m trapped in the car with her is not so cute. Never. Again. Next time I’m running a lottery and taking some of you folks with me (if there is a next time)!
Sounds like my mother, reading movie captions out loud.
"Ma, you realize I'm 57 years old and have been reading for nearly every one of those years, right?"

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Sounds like my mother, reading movie captions out loud.
"Ma, you realize I'm 57 years old and have been reading for nearly every one of those years, right?"

OMG!! And has to comment on E-V-E-R-Y damn commercial in the radio or tv. And talk… never a moment of silence. Wouldn’t stop walking around in the dock where we were fishing or close her yap. God blessed my brother in law with extreme patience. She follows me around everywhere… !!

Sorry everyone. This was not the way this week was supposed to go. I was supposed to arrive here today with my someone special and instead have been subjected to … ugh. Nvm. I’m just not in a very nice mood right now. I’m sure that’s obvious.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
OMG!! And has to comment on E-V-E-R-Y damn commercial in the radio or tv. And talk… never a moment of silence. Wouldn’t stop walking around in the dock where we were fishing or close her yap. God blessed my brother in law with extreme patience. She follows me around everywhere… !!

Sorry everyone. This was not the way this week was supposed to go. I was supposed to arrive here today with my someone special and instead have been subjected to … ugh. Nvm. I’m just not in a very nice mood right now. I’m sure that’s obvious.
I live alone. I spend most of my time alone. Sometimes I get tired of my own company but at least I have the good sense to shut up when asked to by myself.

If there is a next time she's in the car with you, grab some Slim Jims, pickled eggs, pork skins and pickled pigs feet and go to town on that and when the gas arrives, and I ain't talkin' bout what's in the tank, she'll be too busy sticking her head out the window like a dog to bother you.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

I know where you're coming from! I go to her house, we start a movie, and not a minute in, she starts recapping a different movie she watched. And of course, she can't remember it right, so she has to keep going back and changing things.

"Hey Ma, how about a crossword puzzle instead?"

GrammaJan

Reaction score
I live alone. I spend most of my time alone. Sometimes I get tired of my own company but at least I have the good sense to shut up when asked to by myself.

If there is a next time she's in the car with you, grab some Slim Jims, pickled eggs, pork skins and pickled pigs feet and go to town on that and when the gas arrives, and I ain't talkin' bout what's in the tank, she'll be too busy sticking her head out the window like a dog to bother you.
Ha ha ha too funny Coach! I live alone as well. This is driving me nuts.

Xelda

Reaction score
Ok, ok, ok. I see the gauntlet has been thrown down so let me inject a different aspect into the grating habits of some relatives. Momma's sister fell off a roof and broke both legs after hurricane Rita. She's been on all sorts of pills since. Momma took her to the Grand Canyon in her motor home. This aunt would get full of pain pills and talk non stop. Sounds similar, right? NO! She'd talk in baby talk. I would have strapped her to the back of the motor home. Nothing wrong with solitude and one's favorite music.