FEATURED Morning Pops!

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Ok, ok, ok. I see the gauntlet has been thrown down so let me inject a different aspect into the grating habits of some relatives. Momma's sister fell off a roof and broke both legs after hurricane Rita. She's been on all sorts of pills since. Momma took her to the Grand Canyon in her motor home. This aunt would get full of pain pills and talk non stop. Sounds similar, right? NO! She'd talk in baby talk. I would have strapped her to the back of the motor home. Nothing wrong with solitude and one's favorite music.

Ohhhh the stories I could tell about this sister and my siblings. Honestly, I say as little as possible to Sam about them because he’ll run for the hills if he realizes I’m the normal one.
:lmao2:

Truth be told, I have a feeling he’s going to be leaving because of work anyway so not sure how much longer I get to have him in my life anyway. I’m not ready to get depressed so I’m not discussing that any further right now.

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
Good evening Pops and friends. This time last week we were bracing for a weak tropical storm. I figured winds in the 30s, maybe 40s tops.

Well it turned into a cat1 hurricane Nicholas and came barreling in for a direct hit. Wind speed reached 85mph. Our power went out about this time Monday and didn’t come back on until Saturday evening. We didn’t get much rain. About 5” but it uprooted many trees all over the place.

Other than that, not much going on. Be good amigos and amigas.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Good evening Pops and friends. This time last week we were bracing for a weak tropical storm. I figured winds in the 30s, maybe 40s tops.

Well it turned into a cat1 hurricane Nicholas and came barreling in for a direct hit. Wind speed reached 85mph. Our power went out about this time Monday and didn’t come back on until Saturday evening. We didn’t get much rain. About 5” but it uprooted many trees all over the place.

You could totally be a meteorologist with that accuracy!!! In so seriousness, good to hear you’re still with us RGV!

Xelda

Reaction score

Glad you and your family is safe, RGV.

Xelda

Reaction score
Ohhhh the stories I could tell about this sister and my siblings. Honestly, I say as little as possible to Sam about them because he’ll run for the hills if he realizes I’m the normal one.
:lmao2:

Truth be told, I have a feeling he’s going to be leaving because of work anyway so not sure how much longer I get to have him in my life anyway. I’m not ready to get depressed so I’m not discussing that any further right now.
I'm not sure how to respond to news about Sam. I hope the what ifs resolve themselves before a move is made.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score

I"m glad you are okay.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Morning, Pops and pen pals.
The Wright Brothers? PSAAW. A couple of pikers. Texas is #1. :laugh:This came from my "Today in Texas History" email yesterday. I had never heard this story before.

On this day in 1865, pioneer aviator Jacob Friedrich Brodbeck may have made the first flight in an airplane--almost forty years before the Wright brothers--in a field about three miles east of Luckenbach. The Württemberg native settled in Fredericksburg in 1847. He had always had an interest in mechanics and inventing; in Germany he had attempted to build a self-winding clock, and in 1869 he designed an ice-making machine. His most cherished project, however, was his "air-ship," with a propeller powered by coiled springs. The 1865 model featured an enclosed space for the "aeronaut," a water propeller in case of accidental landings on water, a compass, and a barometer. The machine was said to have risen twelve feet in the air and traveled about 100 feet before the springs unwound completely and the machine crashed to the ground. Another account, however, says that the initial flight took place in San Pedro Park, San Antonio, where a bust of Brodbeck was later placed. Yet another account reports that the flight took place in 1868, not 1865. All the accounts agree, however, that Brodbeck's airship was destroyed by its abrupt landing, although the inventor escaped serious injury. After this setback, his investors refused to put up the money for a second attempt, and he embarked on a unsuccessful fund-raising tour of the United States. Brodbeck returned to Texas and lived on a ranch near Luckenbach until his death in 1910.

See also:

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good morning Pops and Friends,

A few random thoughts for the day:

In another thread, I explained that my dislike of Aaron Rogers has reached new heights since he adopted his Obi-Wan Kenobi/Ewan McGregor hairstyle. This, alone, almost ruins the first Star Wars' trilogy.

In speaking to my wife this morning (she is still visiting family in Russia), she told me that Volograd (where her family lives) is holding local and regional elections and, her family is voting a straight communist ticket. When I questioned her brother-in-law about this, he explained that the "thiefs and thugs in communist party are more reliable than the thief and thugs representing the capitalists". Made me laugh.

I am so excited Fall is officially here!

How is your week shaping up?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good morning Pops and Friends,

A few random thoughts for the day:

In another thread, I explained that my dislike of Aaron Rogers has reached new heights since he adopted his Obi-Wan Kenobi/Ewan McGregor hairstyle. This, alone, almost ruins the first Star Wars' trilogy.

In speaking to my wife this morning (she is still visiting family in Russia), she told me that Volograd (where her family lives) is holding local and regional elections and, her family is voting a straight communist ticket. When I questioned her brother-in-law about this, he explained that the "thiefs and thugs in communist party are more reliable than the thief and thugs representing the capitalists". Made me laugh.

I am so excited Fall is officially here!

How is your week shaping up?
I turned the game off after the Rodgers closeup fest and I just don't get it. Why do they feel the need to do that? No other QB gets that camera treatment and I burn out on that easier each game to the point I only watch to seer him get pretzeled. Easily my most hated player and team in the sport. Ugliest fans in the world. Just because they're so fond of sausages doesn't mean their women have to look like them. They should have a "Karl Malden Lookalike Contest" for the women at halftime, I saw 5 or 6 that could win it and do Karl proud.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I turned the game off after the Rodgers closeup fest and I just don't get it. Why do they feel the need to do that? No other QB gets that camera treatment and I burn out on that easier each game to the point I only watch to seer him get pretzeled. Easily my most hated player and team in the sport. Ugliest fans in the world. Just because they're so fond of sausages doesn't mean their women have to look like them. They should have a "Karl Malden Lookalike Contest" for the women at halftime, I saw 5 or 6 that could win it and do Karl proud.

"Karl Malden Lookalike Contest"

Note to self: Don't read @CouchCoach posts immediately after drinking a hot beverage as it tends to get sprayed over everything while laughing.

Xelda

Reaction score
Good afternoon Pops and Popsadoodles. Thank you for the stories, Leon. Interesting stuff.

Dog gone it! I missed some good old fashioned AR bashing. All that camera love needs to go to Tom Brady who is actually attractive. I've tried to envision AR through the eyes of a woman only to have the eyes of a bona fide Cowboys fan intervene. Needless to say he's dirt dog fugly. It's an undisputed fact considering how many times that mug has been forced onto my TV screen. I've seen the powers that be hand GB more wins than I thought possible. This goes way beyond the "not a catch and not a football move" ruling. It only makes watching that team more unbearable and brings up questions about the NFL as a whole. Dishonesty has the faces of AR, referees and Goodell.

AH! That felt good!! Have a happy day y'all.

Xelda

Reaction score
It would be wonderful if Runny won the lottery. I would miss his "have I said how much I hate New York" series though. I doubt it's enough to buy the Cowboys but he could certainly buy himself an island.

kskboys

Reaction score
Morning, Pops and pen pals.
The Wright Brothers? PSAAW. A couple of pikers. Texas is #1. :laugh:This came from my "Today in Texas History" email yesterday. I had never heard this story before.

On this day in 1865, pioneer aviator Jacob Friedrich Brodbeck may have made the first flight in an airplane--almost forty years before the Wright brothers--in a field about three miles east of Luckenbach. The Württemberg native settled in Fredericksburg in 1847. He had always had an interest in mechanics and inventing; in Germany he had attempted to build a self-winding clock, and in 1869 he designed an ice-making machine. His most cherished project, however, was his "air-ship," with a propeller powered by coiled springs. The 1865 model featured an enclosed space for the "aeronaut," a water propeller in case of accidental landings on water, a compass, and a barometer. The machine was said to have risen twelve feet in the air and traveled about 100 feet before the springs unwound completely and the machine crashed to the ground. Another account, however, says that the initial flight took place in San Pedro Park, San Antonio, where a bust of Brodbeck was later placed. Yet another account reports that the flight took place in 1868, not 1865. All the accounts agree, however, that Brodbeck's airship was destroyed by its abrupt landing, although the inventor escaped serious injury. After this setback, his investors refused to put up the money for a second attempt, and he embarked on a unsuccessful fund-raising tour of the United States. Brodbeck returned to Texas and lived on a ranch near Luckenbach until his death in 1910.

See also:
I live in Luckenbach!!!! Come on by n we'll put some possum on the Barbie!!!!!!!

The story of Brodbeck inventing the airplane is well known around these parts.