FEATURED Morning Pops!

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Love that!

And no need to tell me about having my back, I already knew that, special place indeed.

That said, this has taken up enough space here and and we all need cheerier thoughts.
You didn't answer my question from a couple of days ago, were you a Coach or just use the name? You sound to smart to have been...Salud!

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I did nothing of the kind, you did that and it fell to me because I am one of the mods that participates in it and truly appreciates it. It is not mine, I am simply holding it for someone else.
I'm just messing with you....I'm glad you have kept it going and I will continue to add to it. Hope you are feeling a bit better. Salud, Coach!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm just messing with you....I'm glad you have kept it going and I will continue to add to it. Hope you are feeling a bit better. Salud, Coach!
Thanks, real Coach, and I want it back in your hands but that is up to you.

Thanks, I am trying to get there after losing the knife fight with my surgeon.

Ya know, I don't have any piercings or tats so I am not a hip cat but if scars ever become the thing, I am a magazine cover waiting to happen. This latest one starts at the top of my belly button and goes up 6", looks like a !. I am considering something profound tattooed there to go with the !. Seems a shame to waste a perfectly good scar.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Ya know, I don't have any piercings or tats so I am not a hip cat but if scars ever become the thing, I am a magazine cover waiting to happen. This latest one starts at the top of my belly button and goes up 6", looks like a !. I am considering something profound tattooed there to go with the !. Seems a shame to waste a perfectly good scar.
I have 5 scars, hernia, shoulder, knees, and a 16 in beauty from my ankle reconstruction. No tatts!!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning Pops and all y'all who venture into this thread in search of sage advice and wisdom. You can just skip this post if that's why you're here. My wisdom consists of "yep, tried that, didn't work out, I wouldn't do it that way". However if you must have some sage advice, it is best used in chicken and pork and a must in sausage.

Ya know the irony of it is that our elders, parents and grandparents spend their adulthood trying to teach us their wisdom of "been there, done that and have the scars to prove it" but we must find out for ourselves. So each generation is assigned the task of preventing needless pain in the young to no avail. They gained their wisdom the same way.

Someone once posed this question "how do you know when you are wise". The only reply I could think of was "when you've made enough mistakes". And at least are wise enough to not commit the same ones.

I like new mistakes, they keep me feeling young, not to mention creative.

Have a wondrous weekend or at least a not too shabby one. Last heatwave of this season hitting this weekend and trying for some records. Hell, if it's going to be hot, might as well get some record the weatherheads can get all giddy about.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have 5 scars, hernia, shoulder, knees, and a 16 in beauty from my ankle reconstruction. No tatts!!
I'll meet your hernia with one of my own, throw in a hip to counter that shoulder, some assorted ones on my abdomen from the gall bladder removal and they're quite cute and this 6" ! for a stunner but my best is my cervical fusion. The chics that dig scars get a load of this one on the neck and they just swoon because they know this is one serious dude!

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Sounds like a good (but. morbid) idea for a thread - location and story behind your scars (and, in the spirit of inclusiveness, emotional scars count as well).

I have four: knee, shoulder, scalp and a particularly cute one on my finger (which occurred just after my wife said, "don't do that on your own, wait for me).

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
Good morning Pops and friends. The Mrs and I are going for a long drive to the hill country for two days. No particular plans just drive and see what we see.

Only plan we do have is to stop at Saltlick in Driftwood on our way back for some good bbq.

CC good to see you back, stay positive amigo.

Xelda

Reaction score
Good morning Pops and friends. The Mrs and I are going for a long drive to the hill country for two days. No particular plans just drive and see what we see.

Only plan we do have is to stop at Saltlick in Driftwood on our way back for some good bbq.

That sounds nice, be safe and enjoy your drive. I think I'll make a play list in your honor.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Enjoy your trip, it's hot though.