FEATURED Morning Pops!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Morning Pops and friends!

I hate Winter.

My first delivery today is at the top of a mountain in Hancock, Massachusetts, in an old building I'm told was once a secret government facility for the Star Wars Program.

The "road" going up the mountain is more of a driveway, not even wide enough for two vehicles to pass each other, with a couple of switchbacks along the way.

I'm presently positioned across the driveway, because after getting past the first switchback, the driveway is just a sheet of ice. I can't go forward or backward now, and all I can do is wait for Spring...unless my customer can get down here with a lot of sand and salt.

What great start to my 7 stop day.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Morning Pops and friends!

I hate Winter.

My first delivery today is at the top of a mountain in Hancock, Massachusetts, in an old building I'm told was once a secret government facility for the Star Wars Program.

The "road" going up the mountain is more of a driveway, not even wide enough for two vehicles to pass each other, with a couple of switchbacks along the way.

I'm presently positioned across the driveway, because after getting past the first switchback, the driveway is just a sheet of ice. I can't go forward or backward now, and all I can do is wait for Spring...unless my customer can get down here with a lot of sand and salt.

What great start to my 7 stop day.
Not a good start to the morning.

We had a furniture delivery a few days ago. When I set up the delivery, I explicitly stated the vehicle will need chains and that it would be useful if the crew had cramp-ons for their boots. So, on the delivery day, the show up with no chains, no appropriate footware... and, then state, they couldn't make it up our road.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Not a good start to the morning.

We had a furniture delivery a few days ago. When I set up the delivery, I explicitly stated the vehicle will need chains and that it would be useful if the crew had cramp-ons for their boots. So, on the delivery day, the show up with no chains, no appropriate footware... and, then state, they couldn't make it up our road.
We don't have chains available, though I'm going to talk to my foreman about that when I get back.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good afternoon Pops and friends.

I’ve often wondered how vehicles make it up or down those steep roads/driveways during freezing weather. Hope you made all your deliveries.

Have a good day friends
It took two hours to throw down enough grippy stuff to make it up the hill, but I'm done with all of my deliveries now, and about to head back to the lumberyard...and I didn't even slide off the road and down the mountainside!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Morning, Pops and pen pals. After four days of too much wind, we are back to sub-freezing temps. Today we get both. Grumble, grumble. :laugh:
Started off at 58 this morning, rainy and windy. It's now 12:20 and about 42, sunny and windier. It's supposed to end up at about 16 by tomorrow morning...but at least the wind will be gone.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Morning, Pops. Morning, everybody. I miss watching football and am looking forward to the USFL games in April. On the other hand, the Cowboys left me so disappointed (again) I'm starting not to care what they do anymore. Don't get me wrong; no other team will replace them in my heart. But the players and coaches never seem to learn. From Dak's atrocious footwork to Kellen Moore's "Garrett memorial" game plans, to penalties, penalties, penalties.

They just never correct repetitive mistakes and leave fans like me wondering how they can fritter away precious opportunities. They were just as talented as any team in the league last season and penaltied themselves out of a playoff victory and Pollard didn't even get to touch the ball.

I'm sorry for the football rant. I guess my Cowboys frustration finally boiled over. #notlookingforwardtonextseason.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Morning, Pops. Morning, everybody. I miss watching football and am looking forward to the USFL games in April. On the other hand, the Cowboys left me so disappointed (again) I'm starting not to care what they do anymore. Don't get me wrong; no other team will replace them in my heart. But the players and coaches never seem to learn. From Dak's atrocious footwork to Kellen Moore's "Garrett memorial" game plans, to penalties, penalties, penalties.

They just never correct repetitive mistakes and leave fans like me wondering how they can fritter away precious opportunities. They were just as talented as any team in the league last season and penaltied themselves out of a playoff victory and Pollard didn't even get to touch the ball.

I'm sorry for the football rant. I guess my Cowboys frustration finally boiled over. #notlookingforwardtonextseason.
How dare you talk football on this site!!!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

When there is no penalty for failure, success becomes an inner drive of the individual and I do not think the Cowboys have enough players like that.

I accepted the facts and fate of this team quite a long time ago because the design is flawed and not going to change anytime soon. It is still my team but the passion no longer exists, I am merely entertained.

This is one dysfunctional mess of a team. When have you ever heard any HC admit he didn't help his OC as if to say he was ordered to stay out of it? It was obvious Moore was no match for the Niners coaching staff but few teams are going to win a playoff game with 14 penalties. That is inexcusable and after 17 games and leading the league. There is no greater "we just don't give a damn" than that. Gregory laughing on the field was representative of this team in that game,

Xelda

Reaction score
Good afternoon Pops and Popsadoodles. I can't believe we're talking about football here. I felt we were primed to go all the way. The team up and pulled all my nose hairs in the playoffs. There were tears and that familiar sinking feeling that comes each year telling me to temper my expectations. I'll get over it though. I don't enjoy preseason games, but shots of 100 athletes dressed in our colors on the sidelines gets my blood pumping. I'm like Jane Goodall studying my behavior, I already know what I'm going to do next football wise. In all other matters, I'm just along for the ride.

Speaking of other matters, I think I inadvertently got married. His name is Winix. My plan was to buy an air purifier, it's nice and quiet, polite even until I pass the occasional gas. Winix begins to act like we're in the middle of a nuclear melt down. He lights up, the light bar turns red and his fan gets loud. I don't need that kind of attitude when I'm feeling off. I have to compliment him for keeping the dust down though.

Last week I bought a brick machine. It's supposed to make bread but the loaf I got could be used at construction sites for holding tarps down. I'll try to make something closer to bread next time. If any of you need a large paper weight, let me know. I've got the recipe.

How are you doing Coachadoodles?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good afternoon Pops and Popsadoodles. I can't believe we're talking about football here. I felt we were primed to go all the way. The team up and pulled all my nose hairs in the playoffs. There were tears and that familiar sinking feeling that comes each year telling me to temper my expectations. I'll get over it though. I don't enjoy preseason games, but shots of 100 athletes dressed in our colors on the sidelines gets my blood pumping. I'm like Jane Goodall studying my behavior, I already know what I'm going to do next football wise. In all other matters, I'm just along for the ride.

Speaking of other matters, I think I inadvertently got married. His name is Winix. My plan was to buy an air purifier, it's nice and quiet, polite even until I pass the occasional gas. Winix begins to act like we're in the middle of a nuclear melt down. He lights up, the light bar turns red and his fan gets loud. I don't need that kind of attitude when I'm feeling off. I have to compliment him for keeping the dust down though.

Last week I bought a brick machine. It's supposed to make bread but the loaf I got could be used at construction sites for holding tarps down. I'll try to make something closer to bread next time. If any of you need a large paper weight, let me know. I've got the recipe.

Make sure to leave that brick, wrapped in foil, on the top shelf in your kitchen so the next person who lives there can find it.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
When there is no penalty for failure, success becomes an inner drive of the individual and I do not think the Cowboys have enough players like that.

I accepted the facts and fate of this team quite a long time ago because the design is flawed and not going to change anytime soon. It is still my team but the passion no longer exists, I am merely entertained.

This is one dysfunctional mess of a team. When have you ever heard any HC admit he didn't help his OC as if to say he was ordered to stay out of it? It was obvious Moore was no match for the Niners coaching staff but few teams are going to win a playoff game with 14 penalties. That is inexcusable and after 17 games and leading the league. There is no greater "we just don't give a damn" than that. Gregory laughing on the field was representative of this team in that game,
I know, right?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I think I am doing ok but I see the doc next week for this next set of labs and my report card.

Winix sounds like a lot of fun and cheap entertainment. Going to check that out and maybe order a case of beans with it to get him really fired up. Or eat a head of cabbage and sit with him in the dark and see which one of us throws in the towel first.

I used to have a bread machine and it did that and I found the yeast was still in the jar instead of in the bread machine. Used to make cranberry bread and awakening to the aroma of that was a great way to start the day.

John813

Reaction score
Morning Pops and everyone,

Early this year had a few scans done to rule out stuff and knock on wood it's been clean so far.

Some of my wifes family is in Ukraine. Her Aunt right now is hiding in her basement and he husband got the call to join the military in 2 days(former pilot).

Crazy world we are in.

Stay safe everyone.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Early this year had a few scans done to rule out stuff and knock on wood it's been clean so far.

Some of my wifes family is in Ukraine. Her Aunt right now is hiding in her basement and he husband got the call to join the military in 2 days(former pilot).

Crazy world we are in.

Stay safe everyone.
Good thoughts out to your family and excellent news about those scans.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Crazy world we are in.

Stay safe everyone.
This is the ultimate "good news/bad news" post. Best of luck on all fronts! (No pun intended)