FEATURED Morning Pops!

Xelda

Reaction score
Good afternoon Pops and Popsadoodles. @Bobhaze, your story stuck with me and I've taken mental snap shots of the patients I've crossed paths with. I don't remember anyone that cheerful in my visits. A hand full of kind souls is the best I've got. I've seen a lot of people isolating themselves or with family doing it for them. One woman was belligerent with her husband. I wanted to take his walker and teach her a bedside manner. I've encountered the inconsollable and seats filled with damp tissues. I've seen people brought in on hospital beds for radiation. That's when I feel lucky I allow those memories to flow past so I won't be weighed down by the gravity of our circumstances. It weighs the most on Tuesdays when the donut shop across the street is closed. I didn't go there, but knowing it wasn't an option still hurt.

Xelda

Reaction score
Good morning Pops and Popsadoodles. I found some funny stuff on line that I wanted to share.

First up is the girl that forgot the word hotdog. She instead called it a meat pickle.
Aboy raised on a farm forgot the word foal. So he called them horse puppies.
Mine isn't listed there but once I forgot the word convent and called it a nunstitution. I was probably telling a joke at the time.

Next up in honor of @Montanalo
A joke doesn't become a dad joke until it's full groan.
When you said life would get back to normal after June. Julyed
That awkward moment when a zombie walks right past you looking for brains.
I never finish anything. I have a black belt in partial arts.
I was told not to steal kitchen utensils. It's a whisk I'm willing to take.

The end.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I need a hug.

Today, my older son and family are moving to Charlotte and they are the reason I came down here.

However, before they made the final decision, they talked to me about my situation and if I had wanted them to stay, they would have.

That would have added another layer of guilt because they are like many of the long time Austin residents and love has turned to hate.

As I hugged them all goodbye yesterday, they squeezed me a little tighter and held on longer. What wasn’t said between us was this could be the last time we see each other.

That was the longest hour and fifteen minute drive home I have ever made and I can hardly recall it. I was back to making those drives between OK and Dallas, after I lost my wife, and could hardly recall the drives.

I can’t shake the feeling that I have lost someone else and a new kind of alone is going to emerge.

I needed to put this down as it is cathartic for me to write my feelings and fears down and this is the best place I know to do that because it was no accident me finding Pops thread and from what I know about the man, he would be honored for us to use his thread to share more intimate things about ourselves.

So, you gentlemen send me a manly hug and you wonderful ladies your healing hug. I will do my best to keep my hands above your waist but can’t promise anything.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I need a hug.

Today, my older son and family are moving to Charlotte and they are the reason I came down here.

However, before they made the final decision, they talked to me about my situation and if I had wanted them to stay, they would have.

That would have added another layer of guilt because they are like many of the long time Austin residents and love has turned to hate.

As I hugged them all goodbye yesterday, they squeezed me a little tighter and held on longer. What wasn’t said between us was this could be the last time we see each other.

That was the longest hour and fifteen minute drive home I have ever made and I can hardly recall it. I was back to making those drives between OK and Dallas, after I lost my wife, and could hardly recall the drives.

I can’t shake the feeling that I have lost someone else and a new kind of alone is going to emerge.

I needed to put this down as it is cathartic for me to write my feelings and fears down and this is the best place I know to do that because it was no accident me finding Pops thread and from what I know about the man, he would be honored for us to use his thread to share more intimate things about ourselves.

So, you gentlemen send me a manly hug and you wonderful ladies your healing hug. I will do my best to keep my hands above your waist but can’t promise anything.
My friend, let me be the first to give you a very manly, virtual hug.
I'm very surprised they even considered leaving at this point, much less decided to. I know you don't want to be a hindrance to them, but I feel like they're the biggest reason you can continue to see the light.
Is there no place near where they're going in which you can find the care you're getting?

Xelda

Reaction score
Ludicrously large healing hugs from me. Runny already said what I was thinking. You have an established history with your Monkey Paw people. Tell them it's time they move out of the microwave and to a more temperate climate where your oldest son is. Then gather your furry babies, clean drawers and liquor then move north east. Get internet installed so we can know you made it ok. Share with the people of Charlotte the wonder that is Coachadoodles.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Virtual hug, CC (which means the hands can ever-so-slightly be below the waist).

I know it must be unexplainably hard to see them go, but you have to admire them a bit if they are leaving Austin for a better quality of life... doesn't make any easier, though.

Make sure you and they stay in touch via video calls... a phone alone just doesn't cut it anymore.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
I need a hug.

Coach… goes without saying… you know you have everyone’s support here, and just so there’s no misunderstandings or misinterpretations, sending you a side hug:). I only get to see my grands on the East coast a couple times a year, and sadly, get to see the ones a mile away about the same amount of time. The quality of my visits over video calls and when I get to see them in person is amplified because of the distance, if that makes sense.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My friend, let me be the first to give you a very manly, virtual hug.
I'm very surprised they even considered leaving at this point, much less decided to. I know you don't want to be a hindrance to them, but I feel like they're the biggest reason you can continue to see the light.
Is there no place near where they're going in which you can find the care you're getting?
I do not think anything is being done here that could not be done in Charlotte: however, I've got two little 15 year old dogs that no longer hear or see well and where I live is perfect for them as they know the layout. It is crucial to me that they have as good lives as possible with the time they have left.

Video calls will make the most sense and at least they'll be off the video games, I think.

It's not about me with my son, it is about him and his anger at living in Texas. I am concerned about his health because he can't even discuss this state without getting hot and it has become toxic to him.

Add to this I am the one that not only suggested they relocate but check out North Carolina.

Last edited:

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I need a hug.

Manly hug to you CC. I’m feeling some of your pain.There is so much more to grief than when someone we love dies. Grief is quite simply the pain of loss which certainly can include having a new physical distance between loved ones. While none of us can remove your pain, I hope you will at least know your friends here can share some of that burden with you.

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
I need a hug.

Manly hug CC. I hope your son and his family find what they’re looking for in NC.

Keep fighting the good fight and don’t open the door if loneliness comes knocking.

Reach out to someone on contact list. They may need your words of wisdom to fill a void. Lots of lonely people out there that think nobody cares.

Be praying for you.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I need a hug.

You had me at hug. Not as manly as Runny tho, neither of us need a reminder of what happened last time. ;)

kskboys

Reaction score
I need a hug.

No need, I definitely need a good spanking!!!!!!

kskboys

Reaction score
Good morning Pops and Popsadoodles. I found some funny stuff on line that I wanted to share.

First up is the girl that forgot the word hotdog. She instead called it a meat pickle.
Aboy raised on a farm forgot the word foal. So he called them horse puppies.
Mine isn't listed there but once I forgot the word convent and called it a nunstitution. I was probably telling a joke at the time.

Next up in honor of @Montanalo
A joke doesn't become a dad joke until it's full groan.
When you said life would get back to normal after June. Julyed
That awkward moment when a zombie walks right past you looking for brains.
I never finish anything. I have a black belt in partial arts.
I was told not to steal kitchen utensils. It's a whisk I'm willing to take.

The end.
What do you call an elephant that doesn't matter?

An irrelephant!!!!

kskboys

Reaction score
My wife told me to put ketchup on the shopping list. Still don't know why, I can't hardly read the dern thing.

I wrote a book on reverse psychology. Please don't buy it.

And now for the fantastic finish: Why do chicken coops have only two doors? Because if they had 4, they'd be sedans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
I need a hug.

Big hugs CC - I haven’t shared my story but trust me when I tell you - I feel ya.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good afternoon Pops and Friends.

We've been off the grid for a while: first in Denali National Park and then in a cruise from Seward, Alaska to Vancouver.

Denali is simply spectacular and we were lucky enough to see an abundance of wildlife: grizzlies, black bears, moose, caribou, eagles and many more. More on the cruise later, for now, let me clear my backlog of Chuck Norris jokes:

The Swiss Army uses Chuck Norris knives.

If at first you don't succeed, it's because you're not Chuck Norris.

Chuck Norris can strangle a bad guy with a cordless phone.

Chuck Norris can divide by zero.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good ones Montanalo! I was going through memes and ran across one that I wanted to share. Marriage means having to apologize to my wife for stuff I did in her dreams.
Literally got in a huge, 2 hour fight at 1:30 a.m. with an ex girlfriend, who woke me up by punching me in the chest, because she had a dream I cheated on her.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I do not think anything is being done here that could not be done in Charlotte: however, I've got two little 15 year old dogs that no longer hear or see well and where I live is perfect for them as they know the layout. It is crucial to me that they have as good lives as possible with the time they have left.

Video calls will make the most sense and at least they'll be off the video games, I think.

It's not about me with my son, it is about him and his anger at living in Texas. I am concerned about his health because he can't even discuss this state without getting hot and it has become toxic to him.

Add to this I am the one that not only suggested they relocate but check out North Carolina.
Im sorry for you losing a loved one located so close to you especially with your situation.

When I first begun reading I figured he must have been offered a fine promotion or new opportunity to leave his father battling cancer.

I’d be curious to know further details of anger with Texas in order to leave such behind . This wasn’t career or job related ?