FEATURED Morning Pops!

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And he's only there because he can't stand the Texas heat.
Speaking of the Texas heat…I live in the DFW area and it’s miserable. 102 today and 105 expected tomorrow. Heat index around 115. Lived in Texas all my life but I’m getting to the point where I hate summers here. Summer seems to start in May and run through the first or second week of October. It’s basically half the year!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Speaking of the Texas heat…I live in the DFW area and it’s miserable. 102 today and 105 expected tomorrow. Heat index around 115. Lived in Texas all my life but I’m getting to the point where I hate summers here. Summer seems to start in May and run through the first or second week of October. It’s basically half the year!
It's about 77 and breezy here today...but humid, with scattered showers and thunderstorms.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
78 in NW Montana and still in the high 40's at night.

Funny story: before getting married, I took my fiance (now wife) to meet my parents in Central Texas. As we we're leaving, out of the corner of her mouth, she said, "I'll leave you before moving to Texas." Admittedly, it was mid-August. LOL

Xelda

Reaction score
I've got a joke for y'all. I'm ad libbing so I hope I don't mess it up.

Two Texans died and went to Hell. They were met by a devil that showed them to their room. The devil was assigned to check in on them daily, so he opened the door and found the men in lawn chairs laughing and chatting. He was confused by their comfort so he cranked the heat up as high as it would go. The next day he opened the door and found them barbequeing. Perplexed, he asked what was going on. They said we've got to celebrate a fine day like today. At his wits end, he cut the heat off and made the room as cold as possible. The following day he went in assured of their misery, instead they were jumping up and down and cheering like crazy. He asked "why are you so happy?". They stopped jumping, but still grinning ear to ear they shouted "Hell has frozen over. The Cowboys have won the Super Bowl!!!!!"

I thought summer was 8 months long. We only get a sweet whiff of Spring and some fall before we need our coats.

It's about 77 and breezy here today...but humid, with scattered showers and thunderstorms.
Make room! You're house is now my official summer destination. You can come here in winter and outside of Cowboys games, the remote is yours.

78 in NW Montana and still in the high 40's at night.

Funny story: before getting married, I took my fiance (now wife) to meet my parents in Central Texas. As we we're leaving, out of the corner of her mouth, she said, "I'll leave you before moving to Texas." Admittedly, it was mid-August. LOL
August is brutal. You have a wise wife.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've got a joke for y'all. I'm ad libbing so I hope I don't mess it up.

Two Texans died and went to Hell. They were met by a devil that showed them to their room. The devil was assigned to check in on them daily, so he opened the door and found the men in lawn chairs laughing and chatting. He was confused by their comfort so he cranked the heat up as high as it would go. The next day he opened the door and found them barbequeing. Perplexed, he asked what was going on. They said we've got to celebrate a fine day like today. At his wits end, he cut the heat off and made the room as cold as possible. The following day he went in assured of their misery, instead they were jumping up and down and cheering like crazy. He asked "why are you so happy?". They stopped jumping, but still grinning ear to ear they shouted "Hell has frozen over. The Cowboys have won the Super Bowl!!!!!"

I thought summer was 8 months long. We only get a sweet whiff of Spring and some fall before we need our coats.

Make room! You're house is now my official summer destination. You can come here in winter and outside of Cowboys games, the remote is yours.

August is brutal. You have a wise wife.
Xelda your joke reminds me of this (sadly) old joke…
Q- What do you call a group of pro football players sitting at home watching the Super Bowl?
A- The Dallas Cowboys

Summer anywhere a ways north of here sounds good.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I appreciate you pal. Unfortunately this will be my shadow, but there are worse things.
G, there are always worse things.

I am not proud of it but I live in a retirement area and am surrounded by some people in far worse shape and by comparison, I am not that bad off.

However, in my defense, it is not just the presence of these people that affects me but their attitude. Couple of weeks ago I was at the clinic for some labs and in rolls this guy looks to be about 50, missing both of his lower legs, in a wheelchair and far too overweight, I surmise diabetes. As he was wheeled by me, we made eye contact and he hit me with the biggest grin and I couldn't do anything but smile right back at him.

I sat there watching him interact with people, reaching out and smiling at them and he was the worst in shape person in the area, he looked very sick. Yet, here is this infectious smile and this subliminal message, "go ahead, feel sorry for yourself, I have decided not to let you feel sorry for me".

I cannot tell you how many times I've accessed this replay in my mind when I feel myself starting to sink into the poor, poor pitiful me mode. And I have needed to access this a lot in the last 4 weeks.

The sad thing was about half the people never looked up from their phone world, they missed a lesson. Living proof that it is not what happens to us but how we respond to that that really counts.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
G, there are always worse things.

I am not proud of it but I live in a retirement area and am surrounded by some people in far worse shape and by comparison, I am not that bad off.

However, in my defense, it is not just the presence of these people that affects me but their attitude. Couple of weeks ago I was at the clinic for some labs and in rolls this guy looks to be about 50, missing both of his lower legs, in a wheelchair and far too overweight, I surmise diabetes. As he was wheeled by me, we made eye contact and he hit me with the biggest grin and I couldn't do anything but smile right back at him.

I sat there watching him interact with people, reaching out and smiling at them and he was the worst in shape person in the area, he looked very sick. Yet, here is this infectious smile and this subliminal message, "go ahead, feel sorry for yourself, I have decided not to let you feel sorry for me".

I cannot tell you how many times I've accessed this replay in my mind when I feel myself starting to sink into the poor, poor pitiful me mode. And I have needed to access this a lot in the last 4 weeks.

The sad thing was about half the people never looked up from their phone world, they missed a lesson. Living proof that it is not what happens to us but how we respond to that that really counts.
Well said! I find creative ways to absolutely drown anything toxic with thick sarcasm. That way, I can balance the line of inappropriateness with truthful humor. Its debatable if I actually possess the essential talent. But I always have illness to lean on if I need to pull a "Houdini."

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
And, even more Chuck Norris jokes:

When Chuck Norris does his taxes, he sends in a blank form with his picture. No other action is required.

Bigfoot has photos of Chuck Norris in the forest

If you look up "Man" in the dictionary, there's a picture of Chuck Norris

Xelda

Reaction score
I found 200 short jokes the other day and found some were funnier to me than the rest. Henceforth, I have felt the need to share some of these with y'all.

What was a more useful invention than the first telephone? The second telephone
What do Alexander the Great and Kermit the Frog have in common? The same middle name
What’s blue and smells like red paint? Blue paint.
What do you call a dog magician? A labracadabrador.
What did the snowman ask the other snowman? “Do you smell carrots?”

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I found 200 short jokes the other day and found some were funnier to me than the rest. Henceforth, I have felt the need to share some of these with y'all.

What was a more useful invention than the first telephone? The second telephone
What do Alexander the Great and Kermit the Frog have in common? The same middle name
What’s blue and smells like red paint? Blue paint.
What do you call a dog magician? A labracadabrador.
What did the snowman ask the other snowman? “Do you smell carrots?”
I was expecting Napoleon/ Tom Cruise/ Kevin Hart jokes.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Morning Pops and everyone.

I hope everyone has a nice Fourth of July, and that your gatherings are joyous and in keeping with the meaning behind the celebration.

Can we please keep in mind that we are able to celebrate because of and on the backs of those who have served… many of whom gave their lives. Please also think about this when you are lighting off your fireworks and just how this may be affecting those who have served and are still living with the after affects of that service and struggling daily. I get it’s your right and freedom, but the fight was also for PEACE. How ‘bout we give them some of that today as well. God bless every single one of them. They are special souls.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
There is some relief from brutal Texas heat on the Coast. Just a few hours drive away. We spent last week there and temps were in high 80’s- low 90’s. About 12-15 degrees cooler along with that constant breeze.

Xelda

Reaction score
There is some relief from brutal Texas heat on the Coast. Just a few hours drive away. We spent last week there and temps were in high 80’s- low 90’s. About 12-15 degrees cooler along with that constant breeze.
Color me jealous. Glad you got a break from the heat!