FEATURED Morning Pops!

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
My condolences on your loss Jan. I’m sure you’ve already been asked but was your brother a veteran? I believe there would be financial assistance.

My wife and I have made/paid our funeral arrangements for when the time comes but we need to get our will in order.

Thanks for the reminder.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
My condolences on your loss Jan. I’m sure you’ve already been asked but was your brother a veteran? I believe there would be financial assistance.

My wife and I have made/paid our funeral arrangements for when the time comes but we need to get our will in order.

Thanks for the reminder.
Thank you. He was, but apparently didn’t qualify for anything. We just did cremation, but if he’d wanted burial at our local military installation they would’ve offered that service. He did not want that. Thankfully because he was a veteran the funeral home offered a reduced rate.

For most people a cremation isn’t big money… a couple thousand dollars, but he had no life insurance and mom is on a rigid fixed income.

Like I said, I just wanted to get word out there to everyone not to wait on these things. The impact is great, and more so when unexpected. She never thought she’d have to make these arrangements for her child

Xelda

Reaction score
I'm so sorry to read about your brother, Jan. Please take care of yourself during all of this. Stress from the after shocks still count. I'd lean on the funeral home as long as I could to avoid loan interest.

Xelda

Reaction score
Good evening Pops, Coachadoodles and Popsadoodles! I've been on Amazon tonight looking at power washers. I found one that was $30 less than my sale priced choice, but it only has on and off instead of soft, medium, high and ludicrous power. If I'm spending over $100 for a power washer, I want it to sway back and forth, chirping "Danger Will Robinson, Danger". Also, ludicrous power shortens my wash time. I'm a girl math graduate, Phi Kappa 40% Off.

Have a glorious day just to spite everyone else.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Good evening Pops, Coachadoodles and Popsadoodles! I've been on Amazon tonight looking at power washers. I found one that was $30 less than my sale priced choice, but it only has on and off instead of soft, medium, high and ludicrous power. If I'm spending over $100 for a power washer, I want it to sway back and forth, chirping "Danger Will Robinson, Danger". Also, ludicrous power shortens my wash time. I'm a girl math graduate, Phi Kappa 40% Off.

Have a glorious day just to spite everyone else.
How you doing chica?

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Hey Jan! I'm doing pretty good. My mind is returning to normal after all that time with Merkel Cell. If you or anyone else finds a lump, don't let anyone tell you to just keep an eye on it. It wasn't very sneaky to begin with, but had a lot of time to grow.

How are you doing? You matter!
Thought I replied to you on this… sorry. Everything has been ‘ok’… boring, but ‘ok’.

Got mom through all the nonsense with my brother’s passing. Now working with one of my sisters to get her squared away so mom doesn’t have to go through that financial stress again.

Trying to convince myself to NOT take the coming season seriously.

Nothing much.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Askhole; a person that constantly asks for your advice, yet always does the complete opposite of what you told them to do.
I don't know how many times one of the other drivers have asked me in which order they should do their deliveries (knowing I'm very efficient and knowledgeable on the subject, and therefore almost always the first one back), then immediately said, "No, I think I'll do it this way."

Then why the &#@$ did you ask??

Xelda

Reaction score
Thought I replied to you on this… sorry. Everything has been ‘ok’… boring, but ‘ok’.

Got mom through all the nonsense with my brother’s passing. Now working with one of my sisters to get her squared away so mom doesn’t have to go through that financial stress again.

Trying to convince myself to NOT take the coming season seriously.

Nothing much.
I've done that, myself, so no problem.

Glad to hear you got your mom through that. It's got to be rough on both of you. Good luck with your sisters.

I'm trying to do the same thing with our Cowboys. Concerning the playoffs - Fool me once, shame on Dak. Fool me twice, shame on me and Dak. Fool me three times and all hades breaks loose. I turned into a red butted baboon on a mission. Heaven help us all this season.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don't know how many times one of the other drivers have asked me in which order they should do their deliveries (knowing I'm very efficient and knowledgeable on the subject, and therefore almost always the first one back), then immediately said, "No, I think I'll do it this way."

Then why the &#@$ did you ask??
So, here is a counterpoint:

I routinely ask my wife her opinion on a wide variety of issues. We approach problem solving differently and, typically, she often thinks of something I've missed.

I don't always follow her advice, however (there is probably a very deep rabbit hole we could down, but won't), that doesn't mean I don't value her opinions.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
So, here is a counterpoint:

I routinely ask my wife her opinion on a wide variety of issues. We approach problem solving differently and, typically, she often thinks of something I've missed.

I don't always follow her advice, however (there is probably a very deep rabbit hole we could down, but won't), that doesn't mean I don't value her opinions.
I get that, but if your wife was a much better cook than you, and you asked her how to make chicken parmesan, would you ignore her instructions and just wing it?