FEATURED Morning Pops!

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Morning, Pops and all of Y'all. I don't have any plans today so I'm just going to hang out and see what transpires. Got rained out of my golf game again yesterday; we had just teed off on the 17th hole (Xelda, that's the next to the last hole :D) and a deluge opened up. I had taken the enclosure off my golf cart for the summer and by the time I got home I was soaked from head to toe. It was fun though.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning Pops and all y'all to your Thursday. This is the only Thursday, July 12, you are going to get for a while so make it one to remember and do something nice for someone. I am not going to make fun of people at the Walmart today. Because I am not going to the Walmart. This is the only way I can control myself.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Morning Pops, morning friends, and good morning to all you wonderful Zoners out there.

My prayers and blessings to you all.

Last night I poured out all my booze.

I was disgusting to a fellow member here yesterday afternoon, that was the final straw.

I feel relieved but I also want to drink. I just need to make it through the day. The first day is always the hardest. Thankfully the shakes are minimal with steady doses of clonopin to take the edge off (they use benzos at inpatient rehabs, sometimes).

Everyone have a safe, fruitful, and blessed day today

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to anybody who might stop in later in the day.

I am hopeful that all of you are winding down, headed for Friday and the weekend.

Sorry to hear about the game called on account of rain Leon. When we were small, my Grandma used to say that getting rained on was the same as being washed from the hand of The Lord. It's funny how many things you don't realize your listening to, when you are young, but turns out that not all of it is wasted. LOL.....

Coach, I like the sentiments and I can't argue the logic.

Trouty, hang in there. "More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance." Book of Romans.

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV and Coach, have a great day!

Peace...

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to any who might stop in later.

TGIF Leon! For all the rest of us, who don't have a tee time today, what's the plan for the weekend? Myself, I think I'm going to try and smoke some ribs. Maybe watch some Baseball this weekend. Was my Grandson's 1st BDay on Wednesday so there is definitely a little party in the plan, for the weekend.

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV and Coach, have a great day!

Trouty, one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

Last edited:

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Morning Pops, morning friends, and good morning to all you glorious Zoners out there.

Leon, have a great day on that course! Let us know how well you do, sir :muttley:

Gosh, golf is so frustrating.

ABQ, enjoy that precious baby. Proud grandpa you are, it shows, sir :)

Jobber, hope your pain is free from you and you have a fruitful day, Doc.

Everyone, be blessed and safe. TGIF! :star:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning Pops and Leon, golf is a perfectly good way to spoil a perfectly good walk. It also ages one, I live in a place with a lot of old golfers. I think they might actually be 40 but look 80, that's what golf does.

Trouty, need motivation? It's all about your little one, that is the largest thing in your life.

TGIAD, Thank God It's Another Day. The next best thing to a do over.

As you move through your day and are faced with a decision, think to yourself 'what way would ole CC go'? Go the opposite direction.

Xelda

Reaction score
Good afternoon Pops and everyone! I hope everyone is doing well and has a great day. It was a rough night, so I'm just now waking up. Now to figure out what CC would do and do the opposite.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Good afternoon Pops & Pops! Happy Friday the 13th. Another week is behind us. ABQ, now that sounds like a great time on Saturday. Children bring much laughter to our lives. They are a true gift from God. I think you shoule relax and have Jr. cook up those ribs lol.

@Xelda the best cure on falling asleep is to read Garrett's playbook. @Trouty you can do it luv. And @LeonDixson, by the sounds of your past golfing days with winds, the rain, moose chasing you, I WANT NO PART of golfing.

Myself, I'm heading to the Vineyard tomorrow for some R & R. Here I come beach. I too have to deal with winds when I go there Leon.:muttley:
tenor.gif

Last edited:

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Morning, Pops and Cowboys fans around the world. Welcome to the weekend! Us retired folks live in a perpetual weekend and we're happy to share it with everyone.

Xelda, I hope you had a better night last night.

ABQ, I don't have any big plans for the weekend. I don't know what I'll end up doing. Right now I'm just enjoying my coffee and I'll let the rest take care of itself.

DBRP, keep posting those great GIFs. Love 'em.

Coach and Trouty, you guys are right. Golf can be extremely frustrating. And I tend to take it too seriously for my own good.

Jobb, How's the fishing?

Have a great day and a great weekend, everyone.