FEATURED Morning Pops!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thank you. This was about 7 months after his wife died, both of cancer.
Four boys: 12 year old twins, a 19 year old, and a 23 year old.

Luckily he and his oldest friend were godparents to each other's kids, and he'll take good care of the twins.
What a horrible one-two punch to the heart for those boys and young men. I know that just adds more on top to your loss. Great that they have an extended family to rely on.

Runny, you are so right to focus on the good times and have those memories serve as comfort.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
I'm sorry for your loss, J. Just lost my best friend this year as well, and keep trying to remember only the good times, which is pretty easy, since they were all good times!
Hey Runny, I missed this post somehow, but I think I recall you mentioning this in a previous post when it was closer to his passing in separate thread (?). My thoughts and prayers are with you brother, and your friend's family. Losing a best friend, especially as we get older, is as tough sometimes as losing a family member.

(Scrolling down and seeing your following post makes it sting more; I'm so sorry for his children, and his family, and for you)

You are an awesome guy, just want you to know you're loved here, brother.

Last edited:

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Morning Pops, morning friends, and good morning to all you wonderful Zoners out there.

Just dropped off my son, he'll be gone till this Thursday, but I have him till the following Friday. He's been in summer school, as well as drama, this whole summer. So we get him for a whopping three weeks. But he's such a smart and good and non-entitled boy, he will be spoiled lavishly while he's with me.

Blessing to you all. @daboyzruleperiod, hope your vacay has been lovely, Sis

Everyone have a happy, fun, and fruitful day, today :star:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Hey Runny, I missed this post somehow, but I think I recall you mentioning this in a previous post when it was closer to his passing in separate thread (?). My thoughts and prayers are with you brother, and your friend's family. Losing a best friend, especially as we get older, is as tough sometimes as losing a family member.

(Scrolling down and seeing your following post makes it sting more; I'm so sorry for his children, and his family, and for you)

You are an awesome guy, just want you to know you're loved here, brother.
Thanks, brutha. I realize how much this place and all the friends I have in it can help,and I have every intention of staying until ImIno longer welcome! ;)

Xelda

Reaction score
Morning Pops and howdy guys. Lost one of my best friends in a trike accident Friday. We've cried a lot. He and his wife were good friends and we rode together as well as he and I SCUBAed. We both quit walking in this year but we had plans to use my boat out of the marina. We will miss you, Joe. See you later. All my love to you brother.

Have a blessed Sunday.

M
I'm so sorry to hear about your losses jobberone and Runny. These had to be good men to be good friends and I know they'd want you to remember them, but not suffer for their absence. Use today to take better care of yourselves and do it to honor them because they cared about you. This goes for you too, ABQ. All of you are in my thoughts and prayers.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to any who may stop in a little later.

How was everybodies weekend?

Jobs, sorry to hear about your loss. You get a little older and friends get harder and harder to come by. I will say a prayer for them, and for you.

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV and Coach, everybody, try to have a great day!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Losing a friend, particularly a best friend, is just as hard as losing family. You chose them and they chose you, we don't get to choose our families.

Loss is of such a personal nature, it is impossible to relate to someone else's loss without applying our own. And that is not empathy, goes much deeper than that.

I play with words, that's my hobby, but I have no words to ease the pain of loss. I really didn't know loss until 9 years ago and thought I would handle it but I wasn't prepared. Everyone wants to help, offers advice and means well but they truly don't know how you feel, only how they've felt.

When I say sorry for your loss what I mean is that I am sorry you are sad, there is a void in your life and somewhere within you, you try to make sense of the senseless. I've been in the neighborhood where you are but not the same house.

jobber, what I wish for you is to get where Runny is as soon as possible and when you think of your friend, you think of the warmth you brought each other and most of all, the times you laughed. It took me a long time to get there because I didn't know the path. Each of us deals with life and loss differently and if you find this affecting your life, talk to someone in grief counseling. I needed that and didn't realize it at the time.

The only good thing about loss is that it reminds us of what we still have and that takes on a little more importance in our day to day and taking anything for granted doesn't exist for now.

Xelda

Reaction score
Thanks, brutha. I realize how much this place and all the friends I have in it can help,and I have every intention of staying until ImIno longer welcome! ;)
Those were beautiful and eloquent words, Coach. Thank you for them. I'm sorry, Runny. I got caught up in all the losses and didn't address something I meant to. As Coach said, you are necessary and required here. I don't know how the boards could exist without each other. Everyone brings something special to this place and you are no different.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Those were beautiful and eloquent words, Coach. Thank you for them. I'm sorry, Runny. I got caught up in all the losses and didn't address something I meant to. As Coach said, you are necessary and required here. I don't know how the boards could exist without each other. Everyone brings something special to this place and you are no different.
I echo this so much, my pal Xelda. CC and Runny have been such wonderful additions to this board and thread since they began being active this last January (you, too -- every bit -- Xelda).

We are so blessed that this thread is evolving and growing with so many folks with hearts as large as y'all have. We already had a very solid group here, but it was small, the new folks in here, the new regulars, we are so blessed to have.

So much support in this thread, and in any given day, it goes out to whomever needs it. No one here is selfish.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Thank you everyone, but I'm fine. I just wanted to express my condolences to Jobberone, and advise him to remember the good times. This isn't about me at all. Time has passed,and while I miss my friend, I have great memories, so thank you again, I do appreciate your words.

Xelda

Reaction score
Thank you everyone, but I'm fine. I just wanted to express my condolences to Jobberone, and advise him to remember the good times. This isn't about me at all. Time has passed,and while I miss my friend, I have great memories, so thank you again, I do appreciate your words.
You must accept our adoration now. Coach tried to fight it, but eventually gave up.

kskboys

Reaction score
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to any who may stop in a little later.

How was everybodies weekend?

Jobs, sorry to hear about your loss. You get a little older and friends get harder and harder to come by. I will say a prayer for them, and for you.

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV and Coach, everybody, try to have a great day!
Had a weekend loaded w/ grandkids!!!! Awesome stuff!!!!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You must accept our adoration now. Coach tried to fight it, but eventually gave up.
Yes but secretly hoped y'all wouldn't give up. Getting something hard to get makes it so much more special. Y'all were also concerned that I am not happy where I live and might move into your neighborhood. Keep tellin' poor ole CC you love him right where he is.

And Runny and you others in the north, don't think you're safe. We just had the first of 10 scheduled days of 100, topping in at 105 next week, followed by 4 days of 99. I do not like heat or the summer, least favorite season, so why did I move deeper into the flaming heart of Tejas? Good question. I am one of the few people I know that really doesn't care for Austin.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good morning Pops and fellow forum friends and family. I do regard some of you as family but before you get all misty eyed, you need to take a good hard look at my family. And you have your choice with half of them with a frontal pic or profile.