FEATURED Morning Pops!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good morning Pops and fellow boycotters. Well, my boycott thread seems to be alive and kicking and I am picking up more enemies every day. But you know better as I told my Morning Pops Breakfast Club members that I was out if NE was in. But I am having some fun stirring the pot of dissent.

Actually, I am footballed out. Just have no interest in watching another game and I know that seems like missing the ending of the movie but I have seen this one so many times it's just not interesting.

Y'all have yourselves a fine weekend, ya heah?

Xelda

Reaction score
Afternoon Pops and friends. I think the battery died on my brain. It doesn't want to start. I might have to reset it. Happy Friday!
funny-friday-pictures.jpg

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
LMAO, reminds me of what my Dad said and he was looking me straight in the eyes and being dead honest. It was my 25th birthday and he put his hands on my shoulders and said "Son, congratulations, your Mom and I often were afraid you wouldn't make it to 25" and hugged me. I kind of laughed but that stuck in me for a long time.

I echo ABQ, I look back on some of the things I did and am lucky to be alive. I married young, 20, to give another woman a chance to raise me and we had two sons and she'd remark often she raised 3 boys and she wasn't kidding. I look at all those wasted years of immaturity and self-indulgence and just wonder what I might have accomplished had I not been so selfish and stupid. Hell, I hear people complain about today's young people and just laugh, I am just an older model of them.

My older son told me not long ago that I give good advice and that made me feel really great but I told him that the only reason I can give good advice is from not following it when it was first given to me. Well intended people with my best interest at heart sure seemed to get a lot smarter as I aged.
I'm 54, with 2 older brothers, and there are some things we'll just never tell our mother about.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Morning, Pops and pen pals. Welcome to the Weekend. I believe the Senior Bowl is on today. There might be some good 2nd round prospects playing. I'll also be watching the Pro Bowl tomorrow to get an idea how Kellen Moore is as a play caller. Y'all have a great day and stay safe.

Good news Leon, my Mom had to have that and one eye had already gone wet and she stressed over the dry one all the time and had the shots. You seem is good spirits about this, better than I would be, and should be commended for that. Or committed, letting people poke you in the eye like that. Seriously, great attitude, you inspire me.
Thank you, Couch.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Good afternoon Pops and all my good friends. Today has been a good day. Helping a buddy remodel the bathroom of a rent house. Even got another splinter in my other thumb but it’s little, should have no problem getting that one out. I’m a splinter magnet this week.

You’re right Xelda, I need to get “ Mr Oh” splinter OWT. It’s not infected but my thumb keeps sending these nagging signals to my brain.
Ok so we don’t want the Saints or patriots to win, got it. Rooting for the Rams and Chiefs.

CC, regards to Hector. Is hector made of metal? If he is be sure and stay away from sharp magnets. Runny, get back to 100% so you can get off IR. We’ll need you on the field next season. ABQ, get some rest and eat chicken soup. Leon, enjoy the sunshine brother. No sun here today. Gramma, how did the roast turn out?

Go Cowboys :flagwave:
Sorry, I have not been getting notifications and been battling some rotten vertigo so I've been absent a bit. Roast was fantastic and turned leftovers into stew with from-scratch biscuits thank you very much. Hope everyone is on the mend. Have a great day.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good morning Pops and those with revoked library cards, never quit the fight!!

I am venturing forth to the city, Austin, (when I go to town, that's Marble Falls, pop of 6K) for the first time since Hector joined me at the hip because driving has been the single most uncomfortable activity. What's that? Driving an activity? Why yes, when you're surrounded by blue heads with 8 fingers strangling the steering wheel, it is quite the activity. Or the "oh, here's where I was going syndrome" with no warning that the person in front of you just remembered where they were going. Turn signal on midway through exercising this difficult move from a sudden and dead stop can be taxing. Just a question of time before I get to meet my emergency safety bag up close and personal.

Anyway, I digress or as I like to put it, I breathe. I am seeing my grandkids for the first time since Christmas and taking donuts and kolaches so they'll recognize me as this was traditional on my Saturday visits to the city. The city is filled with wondrous sights, big tall buildings and humans under 70 and the location of my favorite place to shop, Central Market and their 40 different apple varieties. They haven't seen me since November and I am expecting a welcoming line of greeters just for me and maybe some cheering but I don't want to get carried away here.

Have a meaningful Saturday, either one to remember or one to forget.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sorry, I have not been getting notifications and been battling some rotten vertigo so I've been absent a bit. Roast was fantastic and turned leftovers into stew with from-scratch biscuits thank you very much. Hope everyone is on the mend. Have a great day.
My Dad had a problem with vertigo and dizziness and we discovered it was the combination of some meds that were jacking with his blood pressure. I had that after I went on a cruise with an ear infection and if everybody had that once, they'd be really understanding of just how that wrecks your life.

Hope you are over than and it doesn't return. Those biscuits, were they even and level or did they lean a little?

GrammaJan

Reaction score
I'm 54, with 2 older brothers, and there are some things we'll just never tell our mother about.
Wise. Very wise. My brothers are twins and younger than me (by less than a year:confused:) and mom is just starting to hear of some of the "stuff" they pulled. They're in soooooooo much trouble:D. Somehow though I can't help but think that, just like when we were younger, this will all turn around and it will be my fault.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wise. Very wise. My brothers are twins and younger than me (by less than a year:confused:) and mom is just starting to hear of some of the "stuff" they pulled. They're in soooooooo much trouble:D. Somehow though I can't help but think that, just like when we were younger, this will all turn around and it will be my fault.
Yes, you were older and should have stopped them. I was an only child and had no scapegoats and even the other parents referred to me as the "instigator".

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Morning Pops and everyone! Currently -8 degrees and I just want to go back to bed. Officially an oatmeal morning. Unfortunately I have to run to my moms today in this blistering cold. Sure hope my car starts . Had frostbite when I was a kid so gotta bundle up and take care. Later this coming week our high temperature is supposed to be negative 9. Sure hope you all are staying warm. Have a great Saturday people.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Yes, you were older and should have stopped them. I was an only child and had no scapegoats and even the other parents referred to me as the "instigator".
We did not even hang out together. No clue they were getting into trouble. For some reason it's my fault they were naughty brats. They were so bad growing up. I never did near half the things they did... mom knows better now hopefully.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
My Dad had a problem with vertigo and dizziness and we discovered it was the combination of some meds that were jacking with his blood pressure. I had that after I went on a cruise with an ear infection and if everybody had that once, they'd be really understanding of just how that wrecks your life.

Hope you are over than and it doesn't return. Those biscuits, were they even and level or did they lean a little?
Few stand straight. Most gotta lean:). I could use my grammas rolling pin but I prefer to press the dough out with my hands. Truly made by hand.

Cowboys_22

Reaction score

Welcome back Gramma. Sorry to hear about your vertigo. I had that when I was on high school many moons ago. The whole world would spin. It’s like getting off a merry go round.
Yum yum. Can’t go wrong with roast beef.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Welcome back Gramma. Sorry to hear about your vertigo. I had that when I was on high school many moons ago. The whole world would spin. It’s like getting off a merry go round.
Yum yum. Can’t go wrong with roast beef.
Trying to sleep is the worst. Laying down on my right side seems to be where the trouble starts, and quite frankly I'm almost scared to go to bed at night so I sleep in the recliner a lot. I don't know why all these weird things keep happening to me. I guess this is what "they " (yeah, Runny, whoever 'they' are) mean when "they" (again...) 'say it's all downhill after 50'. I'm over it. I want 49 back.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Trying to sleep is the worst. Laying down on my right side seems to be where the trouble starts, and quite frankly I'm almost scared to go to bed at night so I sleep in the recliner a lot. I don't know why all these weird things keep happening to me. I guess this is what "they " (yeah, Runny, whoever 'they' are) mean when "they" (again...) 'say it's all downhill after 50'. I'm over it. I want 49 back.
Only if I can know back then what I know now or at least what I learned last week.

At 49, I treated my body as if it would never reach the age where it is now. That old funny saying "if I'd known I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself" is dead on. Hell, I tried pickling myself, you'd think that would work.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Only if I can know back then what I know now or at least what I learned last week.

At 49, I treated my body as if it would never reach the age where it is now. That old funny saying "if I'd known I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself" is dead on. Hell, I tried pickling myself, you'd think that would work.
Yeah, knowing what I've dealt with in the last couple years I wouldn't want to relive it. Just got a hope going forward everything is better I guess

Cowboys_22

Reaction score

50 is still a kid. Even 60 is young nowadays. I hit 65 last October. Not long ago, I remember thinking 40 is really old..ha!
I know this nurse that has been battling vertigo the last 2 years. The Drs can’t figure it out. Like CC said it could be caused by meds.