FEATURED Morning Pops!

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Can you believe I remembered something from my Shakespeare classes in college?????

Kudos to you for recognizing it!!!!!!

In this instance, one of the characters is making fun of a lady's size that is coming toward them w/ a message. He's saying that she is as big as a ship!!!

I recall. Not cause I listened much in school either or because I am a big fan of Shakespearean Play but because I had a daughter who was into theater. Who knew that would come in handy right?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good morning Pops and shout out to those with healthy feet. Sooooo, been having this issue with my left foot for about a month and was referred to a Podiatrist. I've had Plantar for 25 years and wear orthos when applicable and flip flops ain't applicable. However, I do get the good ones with support like Abeo, Vionic and Teva so he gave be a B- for that.

My next step, no pun intended, oh, ok, of course it was intended is to have a custom made AFO combo ortho/brace and begin to break that in to keep from the final solution, major invasive reconstructive surgery. A year to heal properly and 3 months of no weight and he wasn't even an optimist about the success, lots o tiny little bones in our feet. Plus he wouldn't even consider it until I am 12 months with Hector, who has been a little out of sorts since this ankle thing arrived. I have a family member and a friend that both had a surgery close to this but not as reconstructive and neither is much better. So I am motivated to see if this first stage of anti-inflammatory pills and ointment and this brace thingy will keep me from the knife because that really concerns me. I had dumped the Celebrex because of the long term side effects but now am back on them and I hate being dependent on meds

I know with what some of you have fought and beaten and Leon's eye, this seems like a minor issue but it is part of a more major one that has been troubling me. I take pride in neither acting or looking my age but lately I have been feeling much older and wounded inside than my actual age. Emotionally and mentally, I am in a weakened state and wonder what the hell "quality of life" even means anymore. I've spent the last 15 years in some kind of pain and grow weary of it. And being surrounded by a lot of old people worse off than I am is no longer doing the job. Makes me feel bad about myself using their situation like that.

Sorry for whining but I needed to vent to some folks I feel close to and I've got to be the strong one for my family, a role I do not like to portray but that's been mine for the last 8 years. OK, CC's pity party is coming to a close and I will adjust accordingly, just needed to get this out of my system.

Xelda

Reaction score
Afternoon Pops and friends. The weather channel threats did not amount to anything here (thankfully). So I get to figure out what I'm going to do with myself today. Already got a pot of water burning, so I feel like a legitimate cook. If anyone wants the recipe, just give me a shout. I remember my first time making popcorn. I forgot to put the lid on so I had to sweep the popcorn up to put it in a bowl and give it to my siblings. Amazing how fast one can lose their appetite if they saw the carnage in the kitchen. Fortunately, open concepts kitchens weren't a thing at the time.

Thank you, ABQ. Pop quizzes are not my friend.

WHAT?!!!! Father Time's been whooping on COACH? Our beacon of bright, shining, future mischief? We won't have it! Put him down and back away!.... ok, he's gone. Coach, I told you Hector was a trouble maker but would you listen? NO! You were out tom catting with that devil! He's probably responsible for that recent run in with the law, prodding you to go faster than you should. Well, you are family so we're here for you regardless. As for healthy feet, I think those go shortly after the toddler stage where feet start slapping the floor with purpose and intent.

I'm sorry to know what kind trouble your feet are giving you. The good news is you are in a digital age and can find all sorts of entertainment for the 3 months of no weight. There's also modern technology to help get you back on your feet. Punny how that works. Also, there was a recent spur of the moment survey. You were voted #1 least trustworthy man to protect the women folk and youngest hoodlum in the retirement community - 5 years in a row. You've still got it Coach!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good morning Pops and shout out to those with healthy feet. Sooooo, been having this issue with my left foot for about a month and was referred to a Podiatrist. I've had Plantar for 25 years and wear orthos when applicable and flip flops ain't applicable. However, I do get the good ones with support like Abeo, Vionic and Teva so he gave be a B- for that.

My next step, no pun intended, oh, ok, of course it was intended is to have a custom made AFO combo ortho/brace and begin to break that in to keep from the final solution, major invasive reconstructive surgery. A year to heal properly and 3 months of no weight and he wasn't even an optimist about the success, lots o tiny little bones in our feet. Plus he wouldn't even consider it until I am 12 months with Hector, who has been a little out of sorts since this ankle thing arrived. I have a family member and a friend that both had a surgery close to this but not as reconstructive and neither is much better. So I am motivated to see if this first stage of anti-inflammatory pills and ointment and this brace thingy will keep me from the knife because that really concerns me. I had dumped the Celebrex because of the long term side effects but now am back on them and I hate being dependent on meds

I know with what some of you have fought and beaten and Leon's eye, this seems like a minor issue but it is part of a more major one that has been troubling me. I take pride in neither acting or looking my age but lately I have been feeling much older and wounded inside than my actual age. Emotionally and mentally, I am in a weakened state and wonder what the hell "quality of life" even means anymore. I've spent the last 15 years in some kind of pain and grow weary of it. And being surrounded by a lot of old people worse off than I am is no longer doing the job. Makes me feel bad about myself using their situation like that.

Sorry for whining but I needed to vent to some folks I feel close to and I've got to be the strong one for my family, a role I do not like to portray but that's been mine for the last 8 years. OK, CC's pity party is coming to a close and I will adjust accordingly, just needed to get this out of my system.
My friend, don't let pain convince you that you're old. I've been in some type of pain every day for about 30 years, and I turn 55 at the end of the month.

As for the surgery, would the healing time be faster if you just had it amputated? It's not like you'll be running track anyway, and ladies love prosthetics, especially with the attachments you'd come up with!

GrammaJan

Reaction score

Evening Pops and everyone...

Awww CC buddy that news stinks. No matter the biological, mental or physical age any pain, discomfort or malady just seems to drag us down. Venting and trying to verbalize what's bothering us isn't necessarily a pity party, but great therapy. We've all been there and I've used the 'pity party' comment (even in this zone) more times than I'll ever admit. I find voicing what's pulling me down helps me to think more clearly about a situation. As for feeling you need to carry the load for the family... take a step back and let others takethe laboring oar. Become BossCC and tell them how to do it:cool::D

Xelda

Reaction score
My friend, don't let pain convince you that you're old. I've been in some type of pain every day for about 30 years, and I turn 55 at the end of the month.

As for the surgery, would the healing time be faster if you just had it amputated? It's not like you'll be running track anyway, and ladies love prosthetics, especially with the attachments you'd come up with!
That's it, Runny! Tell him and early Happy Birthday. Amputation seems a little extreme, don't you think? Prosthetics what? :omg: Oh Runny, shame, shame, shame. :facepalm:

Evening Pops and everyone...

Awww CC buddy that news stinks. No matter the biological, mental or physical age any pain, discomfort or malady just seems to drag us down. Venting and trying to verbalize what's bothering us isn't necessarily a pity party, but great therapy. We've all been there and I've used the 'pity party' comment (even in this zone) more times than I'll ever admit. I find voicing what's pulling me down helps me to think more clearly about a situation. As for feeling you need to carry the load for the family... take a step back and let others takethe laboring oar. Become BossCC and tell them how to do it:cool::D
That's exactly what I said! Sorta :rolleyes:

kskboys

Reaction score

I feel for ya.

As I get older, more and more parts of my body are protesting. Psoriasis kickin' in, doc says my cholestorol is high, heartburn, can't sleep more than 4 hours w/o having to go to the bathroom, and I can't dance more than a couple songs before my legs start giving out.

Xelda

Reaction score
Sorry. I feel very old today and seem to have lost my spunk and ability to comprehend.
Awe Gramma, your thoughtful post shamed my post badly. You've still got it, girl!
I feel for ya.

As I get older, more and more parts of my body are protesting. Psoriasis kickin' in, doc says my cholestorol is high, heartburn, can't sleep more than 4 hours w/o having to go to the bathroom, and I can't dance more than a couple songs before my legs start giving out.
You've still got it, ksk. Don't think of it as "having" to pee, but rather "getting" to pee in the middle of the night. As for the dancing, we're going to need to see video and deliberate before doling out professional advice. Don't worry, I'm certain we can find safer and less stress inducing dance moves for you.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Morning, Pops and pen pals. Sorry to hear about the foot problems, CC but maybe the new treatment will help.

I have been binge watching Game of Thrones the last few days. I never thought I would be interested in it so I never watched it before. I'm almost through with season 3. Don't give me any spoilers, please. Today has some more planting, some more watching and some more eating, drinking, and merriment in store for me.

Have a great day, everyone.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Now, this is an angle I hadn't considered and could get a parrot to go along with my peg leg. I would teach it to say "screw that cracker, Polly want another martini". And I could teach it to mess with Siri, who recognizes my cussing too readily and turns her back on me. And I see no reason to have a parrot and not teach it to cuss but it might pick that up just being around me so teaching would be a breeze.

I would also have Swiss Army, the knife people, develop one of those life size 20 tools in one to screw into my leg and be the most useful man alive. And I could save money on flip flops by just using the right one and cutting the left one up into 40 different pieces that could fit under my peg. I would opt for the peg, parrot and pirate theme a lot because I've already got the "Daaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrgggggg" down really well. I use it to make babies cry when their Moms are not looking in grocery stores and when they turn to tend to the baby, I throw a lot of items into their cart to make them believe their baby did it.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I feel for ya.

Could wear Depends to just stay in bed and go. I refuse to wear them until they have Depends Neon Thongs because fashion before comfort. I gave them a name for them, "Old Butt Still Naughty", but haven't heard back from them. I have a lot of ideas like this but haven't found any takers yet.

I thought about putting together an investment partners group in here to market some of these ideas but then I would have to change my name.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Now, this is an angle I hadn't considered and could get a parrot to go along with my peg leg. I would teach it to say "screw that cracker, Polly want another martini". And I could teach it to mess with Siri, who recognizes my cussing too readily and turns her back on me. And I see no reason to have a parrot and not teach it to cuss but it might pick that up just being around me so teaching would be a breeze.

I would also have Swiss Army, the knife people, develop one of those life size 20 tools in one to screw into my leg and be the most useful man alive. And I could save money on flip flops by just using the right one and cutting the left one up into 40 different pieces that could fit under my peg. I would opt for the peg, parrot and pirate theme a lot because I've already got the "Daaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrgggggg" down really well. I use it to make babies cry when their Moms are not looking in grocery stores and when they turn to tend to the baby, I throw a lot of items into their cart to make them believe their baby did it.
Speaking of moms in grocery stores, one of the Swiss Army tools could be a mirror...retractable, of course.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Speaking of moms in grocery stores, one of the Swiss Army tools could be a mirror...retractable, of course.
With a special off set refractor for the lard butts on those electric scooters. I passed by one of those a couple of weeks ago and the woman on it was so large that the overhang was hiding most of the little scooter. I could hear the poor cart going "I think I can, I think I can" as I passed by.

kskboys

Reaction score
Awe Gramma, your thoughtful post shamed my post badly. You've still got it, girl!

You've still got it, ksk. Don't think of it as "having" to pee, but rather "getting" to pee in the middle of the night. As for the dancing, we're going to need to see video and deliberate before doling out professional advice. Don't worry, I'm certain we can find safer and less stress inducing dance moves for you.
No way!!!!! Wifey would be way too disappointed if I stopped swingin' her around!!!!!

kskboys

Reaction score

As opposed to throwing stuff on the floor so the mommies would do a bendover to pick it up!!!!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Morning, Pops and pen pals. Sorry to hear about the foot problems, CC but maybe the new treatment will help.

I have been binge watching Game of Thrones the last few days. I never thought I would be interested in it so I never watched it before. I'm almost through with season 3. Don't give me any spoilers, please. Today has some more planting, some more watching and some more eating, drinking, and merriment in store for me.

Have a great day, everyone.
GoT is absolutely addicting, isn't it? The dragons are so well done, I'd love to be part of that project!