FEATURED Morning Pops!

Xelda

Reaction score
Afternoon Pops and friends!
On another note, one of my grandson's friends in Virginia just got diagnosed with a form of cancer caked Ewings sarcoma. Don't know what stage. Charlie is 7. I can't even describe the heartbreak I feel. He's facing 3 months of chemo, surgery then more chemo. For those of you who do, prayers for him, please. Poor little guy...
Remember the 5 year old that was thrown off the 3rd floor at Mall of America? Once his mom saw it, she yelled for everyone to start praying. I saw an update yesterday where doctors are comparing his injuries now with that of falling off a bicycle instead of getting thrown down 3 stories. I don't know all the particulars to state this, but that he didn't die from his injuries is an awful good sign. Prayer does work and prayers will be said for Charlie.
Got up this morning all grumped up and feeling sorry for myself heading to Austin to get fitted for a brace and this put my head in the right place. Charlie, you and others here are fighting/have fought real battles and old selfish CC world needs to be reminded of that.
We're always here for you, Coach. We will always try to lift your chin when it gets low. That also goes for everyone else here.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Morning Pops and everyone.
I'm told Rock Island Illinois has a history in the draft and they are doing some portion of it there...(?) Anyway, Rock Island is literally 5 minutes from me. Short trip across the Mississippi. I never knew until this year that they were involved in some way years ago.

On another note, one of my grandson's friends in Virginia just got diagnosed with a form of cancer caked Ewings sarcoma. Don't know what stage. Charlie is 7. I can't even describe the heartbreak I feel. He's facing 3 months of chemo, surgery then more chemo. For those of you who do, prayers for him, please. Poor little guy...

You all try to have a blessed day.
I will definitely pray for the little man.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Afternoon Pops and friends!

Remember the 5 year old that was thrown off the 3rd floor at Mall of America? Once his mom saw it, she yelled for everyone to start praying. I saw an update yesterday where doctors are comparing his injuries now with that of falling off a bicycle instead of getting thrown down 3 stories. I don't know all the particulars to state this, but that he didn't die from his injuries is an awful good sign. Prayer does work and prayers will be said for Charlie.

Thank you.

We're always here for you, Coach. We will always try to lift your chin when it gets low. That also goes for everyone else here.

Xelda

Reaction score
I forgot to tell y'all about the F3 tornado that hit last night in northern Louisiana. Little Ruston made national news tonight. It was a redneck convention for the local news. One said, and I quote "Mah husben' said Hownee, we ain't got a porch no more'". I cringed at what stepped in front of a news camera to describe their tornado experience. There was some inspiring and encouraging stories along the way. Louisiana Tech suffered damage and some high schoolers that hope to go there one day came to help clear debris. Tonight there's a lot of porch-less people in the dark in Ruston.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
I forgot to tell y'all about the F3 tornado that hit last night in northern Louisiana. Little Ruston made national news tonight. It was a redneck convention for the local news. One said, and I quote "Mah husben' said Hownee, we ain't got a porch no more'". I cringed at what stepped in front of a news camera to describe their tornado experience. There was some inspiring and encouraging stories along the way. Louisiana Tech suffered damage and some high schoolers that hope to go there one day came to help clear debris. Tonight there's a lot of porch-less people in the dark in Ruston.
I think those news crews make a game of which crew can come up with the most laughable local to put in front of the cameras.

LeonDixson

Reaction score
Morning, Pops and pen pals. TGIF for you working folks. They're calling for a nice warm, sunny day in my neck of the woods. My eye test yesterday showed the right eye has healed nicely and with glasses I will have 20/25 vision in that eye; 20/50 in the left eye where the wet AMD is. I'm feeling pretty happy today. Have a nice day.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to any and all who decide to stop in and visit this thread today.

Weekend is here and it's always good to have a few days off. Cowboys Draft starts today as well so all is good in my world, thus far.

Leon, great news on the vision front! Really happy to hear this!

Jan, that's terrible news about

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John, Jan, Corso and Colo, have a great day and I hope, an even better weekend!

Enjoy the day everybody!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning, Pops and pen pals. TGIF for you working folks. They're calling for a nice warm, sunny day in my neck of the woods. My eye test yesterday showed the right eye has healed nicely and with glasses I will have 20/25 vision in that eye; 20/50 in the left eye where the wet AMD is. I'm feeling pretty happy today. Have a nice day.
Happy for you. When y'all go back to our place in the Bahamas, close your right eye when entering.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Morning Pops and everyone. Finally the weekend.

Let me preface the statements to follow by admitting that as much as I love the game, I never really delved too far into the history beyond my own lifetime, and although it's been talked about now for literally MONTHS around here, I finally dispensed with this rectal cranial inversion and started to look up what the big deal was about Rock Island and why the NFL draft was coming to that town. Color. Me. Bad. I had no idea we had the a team here called the Rock Island Independents... and let's compound that ignorance by admitting I did not realize the following (recent snippet from a local newspaper editorial) "It's hard to exaggerate what a big deal it is be one of the eight original NFL cities selected to host a late-round draft pick in the league's historic 100th season. Or that the NFL is likely to spotlight Jim Thorpe's Rock Island Independents ..." My apologies to all for my lack of knowledge. I did know however that Roger Craig was from right here in my current town of Davenport, Iowa (across the river from Rock Island), Ron Hallstrom attended my high school (Moline) and that former NFL quarterback Kenny Anderson came from this area (Davenport, Moline, East Moline and Rock Island are all neighboring towns on the Iowa/Illinois border separated by the Mississippi River). In fact when I was a young teen his parents lived a few houses down from us in East Moline, but Jim Thorpe is true NFL history. I have a vague recollection as a child seeing a book on the Jim Thorpe story in our vast array of random "where did these even come from" things. Wish I had it now...

Clearly I am lacking a decent NFL education. There's quite a history of famous, and infamous people from this area, not necessarily in athletics, but in many walks of life.

Rock Island is to be part of the 6th round pick I guess. If I'm home I may tune in to see what I can see.

I've rambled enough for today. You all have a great day.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Morning, Pops and peanuts and just plain nuts. My buddies and I are going to play golf this afternoon if the rain holds off. There is a 45% chance of rain at 4 p.m. Bought more bulbs to set out in different flower beds and will probably plant them this morning. Take care.
:lmao:
2zlf0v.gif
https://imgflip.com/gif-maker

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
Morning Pops and everyone.
I'm told Rock Island Illinois has a history in the draft and they are doing some portion of it there...(?) Anyway, Rock Island is literally 5 minutes from me. Short trip across the Mississippi. I never knew until this year that they were involved in some way years ago.

You all try to have a blessed day.

Prayers for Charlie, Gramma

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Morning Pops and everyone. Finally the weekend.

Let me preface the statements to follow by admitting that as much as I love the game, I never really delved too far into the history beyond my own lifetime, and although it's been talked about now for literally MONTHS around here, I finally dispensed with this rectal cranial inversion and started to look up what the big deal was about Rock Island and why the NFL draft was coming to that town. Color. Me. Bad. I had no idea we had the a team here called the Rock Island Independents... and let's compound that ignorance by admitting I did not realize the following (recent snippet from a local newspaper editorial) "It's hard to exaggerate what a big deal it is be one of the eight original NFL cities selected to host a late-round draft pick in the league's historic 100th season. Or that the NFL is likely to spotlight Jim Thorpe's Rock Island Independents ..." My apologies to all for my lack of knowledge. I did know however that Roger Craig was from right here in my current town of Davenport, Iowa (across the river from Rock Island), Ron Hallstrom attended my high school (Moline) and that former NFL quarterback Kenny Anderson came from this area (Davenport, Moline, East Moline and Rock Island are all neighboring towns on the Iowa/Illinois border separated by the Mississippi River). In fact when I was a young teen his parents lived a few houses down from us in East Moline, but Jim Thorpe is true NFL history. I have a vague recollection as a child seeing a book on the Jim Thorpe story in our vast array of random "where did these even come from" things. Wish I had it now...

Clearly I am lacking a decent NFL education. There's quite a history of famous, and infamous people from this area, not necessarily in athletics, but in many walks of life.

Rock Island is to be part of the 6th round pick I guess. If I'm home I may tune in to see what I can see.

I've rambled enough for today. You all have a great day.
Prayers for Charlie, Gramma
Thank you

Xelda

Reaction score
Afternoon Pops and friends. When I said "F3" tornado, I meant EF3. I'd forgotten the E and was more distracted by the porch-less people.
I think those news crews make a game of which crew can come up with the most laughable local to put in front of the cameras.
Thank you for that, Gramma. I was feeling stigmatized by the ignorant responses representing my neck of the woods. I took some comfort in the fact that they said "a porch" instead of "no porch"

I've been working in my garage before it gets too hot. I spray painted my rake and shovel to blend in with the wall and reduce the appearance of clutter. I wasn't able to find my bottle of glitter, so they don't sparkle. I watered all the new plants in the front and back of the house. The bushes I trimmed up at the first of the month are acting up again. They want too much attention for the deep South. Their days may be numbered. I put a motion sensor light over my fuse box last night and vacuumed the garage. Who does that? In closing, I'm trying to get done what I can before it gets too hot.

On a side note, @daboyzruleperiod did you see that Leon bought us a place on the beach? :grin: Have a good Sunday all you porched people.

LeonDixson

Reaction score
Morning, Pops and pen pals. There was a small snake of the harmless variety on our back porch last night. I didn't grasp him close enough to his head and the little sucker sunk his fangs into me. It felt like a cat play biting you. I took him down to the back field and released him with orders to catch bad bugs. Y'all have a good day and get the new week off to a good start.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to anybody who decides to stop in and visit this thread.

Hope everybody enjoyed the Draft over the weekend. If not, well, there's always next year I suppose.

This is the worst part of the year for me, in terms of sports. Football is a long ways off, Basketball doesn't get interesting for awhile, Baseball is not meaningful yet, basically no good excuses for me to get out of honeydos.

~Sigh~

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John, Jan, Corso and Colo, hope all of you are doing well this Monday Morning! Hope everyone is off to a good start.

Everyone, lets get Monday out of the way and get ourselfs back to the weekend in short order! Everyone, have a great week!

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
Morning, Pops and pen pals. There was a small snake of the harmless variety on our back porch last night. I didn't grasp him close enough to his head and the little sucker sunk his fangs into me. It felt like a cat play biting you. I took him down to the back field and released him with orders to catch bad bugs. Y'all have a good day and get the new week off to a good start.

Good morning Pops and friends. About a year ago I saw a cottonmouth water moccasin in my garage. It met an untimely death that day. I looked and looked for a second one but nada.

Have a great week everyone.

LeonDixson

Reaction score
Good morning Pops and friends. About a year ago I saw a cottonmouth water moccasin in my garage. It met an untimely death that day. I looked and looked for a second one but nada.

Have a great week everyone.
I don't blame you, if mine had been a rattlesnake, cottonmouth or copperhead it would be dead right now also.