FEATURED Morning Pops!

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Good morning DBRP. I've never wrecked one yet (knock on wood) but if I had that kind of launching ramp to play on I might.
:laugh:Good day my friend.
Afternoon Pops and friends. On a side note, @daboyzruleperiod did you see that Leon bought us a place on the beach? :grin: Have a good Sunday all you porched people.
:huh: He did? By any chance, is this beach located on the lovely Island of Bird Cay, Bahamas?! :D

Last edited:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Morning, Pops and pen pals. There was a small snake of the harmless variety on our back porch last night. I didn't grasp him close enough to his head and the little sucker sunk his fangs into me. It felt like a cat play biting you. I took him down to the back field and released him with orders to catch bad bugs. Y'all have a good day and get the new week off to a good start.
Sometimes that's the easiest way to catch 'em. Just let 'em sink in, then grab 'em behind the head.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Late evening, almost Morning Pops!

Had a follow up visit to the doctor today, and it looks like at least 4 more weeks of Winter.....er, vacation....er, getting paid half of what I need to live. He marked the sheet as "Restricted Duty Only", but after talking to my boss, it turns out we don't have anything that's "Restricted Duty", when it's Short Term Disability...only when it's Worker's Comp. Great news, when the mortgage is due on the first, and I don't have enough in the bank to cover it. Guess I'll be creeping into that 15 day grace period. Ah well, the good news is I'll be dead withing the next 40 or 50 years.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Morning, Pops and pen pals. We have a 50% chance of rain today. That's okay because I didn't have anything planned anyway. Some more of the bulbs we planted in the last month are peeking up through the mulch now. On of the day lilies from last year has blooms ready to open.

Y'all have a nice day.

LeonDixson

Reaction score
:laugh:Good day my friend.
:huh: He did? By any chance, is this beach located on the lovely Island of Bird Cay, Bahamas?! :D
It is on Grand Bahama Island, right on the water at Tyne Beach, next to Xanadu Beach.

122gk80.jpg

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Late evening, almost Morning Pops!

Had a follow up visit to the doctor today, and it looks like at least 4 more weeks of Winter.....er, vacation....er, getting paid half of what I need to live. He marked the sheet as "Restricted Duty Only", but after talking to my boss, it turns out we don't have anything that's "Restricted Duty", when it's Short Term Disability...only when it's Worker's Comp. Great news, when the mortgage is due on the first, and I don't have enough in the bank to cover it. Guess I'll be creeping into that 15 day grace period. Ah well, the good news is I'll be dead withing the next 40 or 50 years.
Crappy deal, Runny, might let the mortgage company know what's going on and that this is just a temporary setback.

Keep you head up, my friend, easy to let these things drag us down because I am assuming you were expecting better news from your doc. BTW, is this your painting shoulder?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning Pops and one and all and you think you're the one, right? Well, you're not, it's someone else. And they asked me not to tell.

After a weekend of the draft and The Long Night of GoT, I wondered if the Cowboys had drafted a bunch of wights after reading the main, and sometimes extra funky, Fan Forum.

I always think about kids that get drafted and then come to Cowboys forums to see what is being written about them. I didn't used to think about this until I saw Yosemite's reaction the day after he was drafted. No way he feels that unless he's read the remarks about what a reach he was and not worthy of his draft position. He didn't lash out, just said he was motivated to make the fans happy he was selected. Didn't take that young man long either.

He's my pet cat because of how he handled that and how he was the victim of a disease, which seems worse because he didn't "earn" that playing the sport and risking injury. He's carried himself like a pro from day one and his return to his old self is my story to follow this season. I always try to fine some human interest story each season to "humanize" a gladiator sport that I too often find myself thinking of the warriors and not thinking of the humans in those helmets.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Crappy deal, Runny, might let the mortgage company know what's going on and that this is just a temporary setback.

Keep you head up, my friend, easy to let these things drag us down because I am assuming you were expecting better news from your doc. BTW, is this your painting shoulder?
Funny you should ask that. My brother came yesterday and finally got his bed, dresser, and other various crap out of my studio, so now if I get the urge to paint, I can!.........and no, it's not my painting shoulder.

I wasn't expecting the doc to let me work full duty. I really don't think I could yet. I was more hoping I could at least get 40 hours a week doing some light duty work, like working in the garage with the mechanic, or something. I guess they don't wanna take the chance that I re-injure it while I'm on company time.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Funny you should ask that. My brother came yesterday and finally got his bed, dresser, and other various crap out of my studio, so now if I get the urge to paint, I can!.........and no, it's not my painting shoulder.

I wasn't expecting the doc to let me work full duty. I really don't think I could yet. I was more hoping I could at least get 40 hours a week doing some light duty work, like working in the garage with the mechanic, or something. I guess they don't wanna take the chance that I re-injure it while I'm on company time.
OK, get yer arse to painting, get creative, you are too good not to be expressing yourself but no sad clown paintings. No, no, can't have any of those.

I really admire people that can do that as I have 0 talent in that area. Actually <0. When I was a kid, I would draw a stick person and the teacher would ask "what is this"? "Hey, you old perfumy, coffee breathed, old bag o bones, there are 5 straight lines and a circle for the head, what the hell do you think it is? A potholder?"

GrammaJan

Reaction score
OK, get yer arse to painting, get creative, you are too good not to be expressing yourself but no sad clown paintings. No, no, can't have any of those.

I really admire people that can do that as I have 0 talent in that area. Actually <0. When I was a kid, I would draw a stick person and the teacher would ask "what is this"? "Hey, you old perfumy, coffee breathed, old bag o bones, there are 5 straight lines and a circle for the head, what the hell do you think it is? A potholder?"
My sympathies, CC. I'm right there with you. My stick people don't even look like stick people.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to any who decide to stop in and visit today.

Man, I hate snakes. Was living down in Baytown, when I was a boy and one year, we had a nest hatch in the cooler. This was the early 70s so we had window units. Anyhow, long story short,they were everywhere. Bad deal all the way around.

Got the Little Guy today so just finished feeding him scrambled Eggs with Cheese and toast so he's laying down watching Moana. Figured I'd jump on and say good morning.

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John, Jan, Corso and Colo, hope you are all having a great day!

Everyone, Taco Tuesday, go eat Tacos today!

Xelda

Reaction score
Afternoon Pops and friends. First off, snakes must die and the sooner the better. Next up, Runny must not die within the next 40 to 50 years. That goes for all of you. Take your vitamins, get check ups and make Hector behave himself.

I've got 9 more plants to plant and no desire to set foot outside the house. I need to do it but I don't want to. Too much wild life that bites and poison ivy that jumps out and attacks when I least expect it.

The Griswolds have made flower beds down both side of the driveway with Christmas lights. The Muslim neighbors hung a string of white Christmas lights in a window in solidarity with the Griswolds. I could seize the opportunity and confuse them with new holiday celebrations. I could hang empty beer cans for Malt Liquor Day. The thoughts aren't coming right now, but my imagination will kick in sooner or later.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Evening Pops and everyone.

Crazy afternoon here. Not sure it will make the national news, but there was a breach in the Hesco barriers about a city block long here in Davenport, Iowa about 2 blocks from where I work and live. All kinds of crazy going on but we are still dry for now. Hopefully they can get new barriers up and hopefully, too, it will stop raining. Another day or two and well get a day or so reprieve before it starts again.

Love love love the power of mother nature but boy has she been in a mood. :D

Have a good evening all.

LeonDixson

Reaction score
Morning, Pops and pen pals. Happy hump day. We had quite a bit of rain yesterday and more predicted today. Time to crank up the old PS3 and play some shoot 'em up games.

Oh it's beautiful. Although the image that you had posted above, really doesn't justify the beauty. :p
Sorry about that. I uploaded the pic to an image hosting site and copy and pasted the url into the "Insert Image" icon above. If anyone has a favorite free image hosting site I'd like to hear about it. Or if I used the wrong technique I need to be educated. haha

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to any who stop in and visit the thread.

Xelda, Ireland had it right. No Snakes!

Jan, no good! Looks like the only place to stay dry is on the Baseball Field. Might be time to go pitch a tent. Hope that all works out OK for you. Stay dry if you can!

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John, Jan, Corso and Colo, tell me whats going on good in your lives. I'm looking forward to hearing some good news!

Everybody, it's hump day today. Lets get past it and look forward to Thursday. Everybody, hope your day is off to a great start!

Xelda

Reaction score
Afternoon Pops and friends. Crazy weather going around so I am hoping all are safe and sound. We've got storms moving through. I wish they'd hurry up, get here and leave without tearing anything up. I remember hearing that about Ireland, ABQ. Smart people. I thought Hawaii was snake free as well, but people had smuggled some to the islands causing problems for the balance of nature there. I found temporary housing for my new plants because I didn't think the process through ahead of time. Have a good day everyone!

LeonDixson

Reaction score
I'm trying this a different way @daboyzruleperiod . I'll post a link instead of just a pick. The listing is wrong, though. It was priced at $175,000 instead of $170,000. I gave $165,000. It is 3 BR/ 2 1/2 bath instead of 2/2 and it is 1800 sq. ft instead of 1500. Other than that, They got it right:laugh:
https://www.hgchristie.com/eng/sale...llas-bahama-terrace-yacht-and-country-club-gr

Here is a link to another identical condo near the other end of the same building. It is much more nicely appointed than mine but the price is much higher too. It does give me an idea of what mine could look like with upgraded appliances and furniture though.

https://www.hgchristie.com/eng/sale...rive-bahama-terrace-yacht-and-country-club-gr