FEATURED Morning Pops!

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Morning, Pops and pen pals. We made it here to California safely and it's great to be with our oldest daughter and her family. I also have some business to take care of. My brother, before he died, asked me to distribute his assets in a particular way and most of the recipients are in this area.
"
Colo, I'm feeling ya, brother. I feel the same way about rain and when I planted my flower beds I laid down about 3" of mulch. Then it started raining and hasn't stopped for more than 2 or 3 days at a time. I"m afraid all the bulbs and roots are going to rot.

Y'all enjoy your day.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to all who decide to drop by and check things out.

Man, week is flying by. Already Wednesday and I have a tone of stuff to do still! How are things going for everybody today? ks, sorry to hear you are feeling under the weather.

Colo, I understand. While we didn't get snow here, we got a considerable amount of rain and terrible winds. She's going out like a lion this year, for sure!

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John, Jan, Corso and Colo, long weekend ahead. I hope all of you have something great in mind to celebrate the Memorial Day Weekend!

Everyone, have a great day today!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning Pops and you little lucky humpsters. Yesterday was Twofer Tuesday and guess what today is? Double Hump Day, right on the first guess! Since this is a 3 day weekend, there will be no Hump Day next week so you get to double up today!

I am getting all tuned up for a record setting Memorial Day weekend. I am going to keep track of the different cocktails I make between Friday at 4 o'clock, the new 5 o'clock somewhere, and Sunday at 6 o'clock. All Central Time Zone unless I need to start early. Whatever that number is will be the record because I haven't kept a record before but spending 4 days on the Redneck Riviera on too many to count or remember holiday weekends, I think it's a goodly total.

I began my infusions a week ago and two are already prime, the watermelon tequila as well as the mango. I made cucumber vodka and gin, mango, pineapple and watermelon tequilas and pineapple rum. The tequilas are all for margs, the vodkas and gin for Topo Chico and Fever Tree tonics and the rum for LaCroix Coconut seltzer. I also made sangria because wine hates to be ignored. And of course, the minute I open the fun fridge, the beers will be begging and I am a compassionate imbiber.

Summery libations, cigars, Hawaiian shirts, shrimp on the Barbie and Cubano and Reggae music. For a party of one, I sure know how to get stupid.

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
Good afternoon Pops and friends. The temp is 86 and humidity is 71%. My 16 year old gson and I went out for a jog while ago. We only jogged one mile and walked two. He slowed his pace quite a bit to keep my slow pace but we still beat the 9 minute mark. It’s just too hot for this old guy to continue past that. During our 2 mile walk, he told me he’s going to invent a time machine so he can go back in time and hang out with me when I was 16 lol. He’ll have to go back 49 years. Whoa, what a different world it was back then.

Enjoy this day. Hope everyone is doing well.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Good afternoon Pops and friends. The temp is 86 and humidity is 71%. My 16 year old gson and I went out for a jog while ago. We only jogged one mile and walked two. He slowed his pace quite a bit to keep my slow pace but we still beat the 9 minute mark. It’s just too hot for this old guy to continue past that. During our 2 mile walk, he told me he’s going to invent a time machine so he can go back in time and hang out with me when I was 16 lol. He’ll have to go back 49 years. Whoa, what a different world it was back then.

Good afternoon Pops and everyone.

RG, how cool is that? I'd love it if my grandkids knew how cool I was a good 35 years ago:D. Fortunately for me right now they're all too young to realize I'm such a dork:). That 10-year-old (the oldest of my grands) is terribly smart so I think he knows, but he's got a kind heart and plays along for Gramma's sake and doesn't let on to the others. Kind of like I'm the Easter Bunny or something I guess...our little secret.

Hope everyone is having a good day. Mine's a struggle, unfortunately. Happy Wednesday all.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

@RGV_C_Los, I can only dream of 86 F. It is hovering just above freezing and, guess what, it's snowing again... very lightly, but, hey, snow is snow!

Don't mistake my comments about our weather as complaining; I am not -- I really do love the winter. I am more incredulous than anything else. Deep inside my tiny little man brain, I am worried that around late July or August, the weather will decide it is "payback" time and temperatures will reach 90+ (which is incredibly rare for our area).

Speaking of grand-kids, we took our 11 YO granddaughter and her 9 YO brother to Universal Studies in Orlando late last week. We had a blast at all the Harry Potter themed attractions... I also went on every roller-coaster ride with our granddaughter. She is absolutely fearless. Our grandson was a bit more sensible and declined to ride anything that looked like it could result in a coronary.

:muttley:

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
Good afternoon Pops and everyone.

RG, how cool is that? I'd love it if my grandkids knew how cool I was a good 35 years ago:D. Fortunately for me right now they're all too young to realize I'm such a dork:). That 10-year-old (the oldest of my grands) is terribly smart so I think he knows, but he's got a kind heart and plays along for Gramma's sake and doesn't let on to the others. Kind of like I'm the Easter Bunny or something I guess...our little secret.

Hope everyone is having a good day. Mine's a struggle, unfortunately. Happy Wednesday all.

I doubt your grandkiddos will ever think their gramma is a dork lol. Some will probably follow your foot steps and become long distance runners.

My gson was exempt from all his classes. National Honor Society and the works. He’s got the brains, maybe the time machine is a possibility lol. After the jog we went out for ice cream. Nothing wrong with splurging a little. We’ll probably do the same tomorrow minus the ice cream lol

Have a good one friends.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
I doubt your grandkiddos will ever think their gramma is a dork lol. Some will probably follow your foot steps and become long distance runners.

My gson was exempt from all his classes. National Honor Society and the works. He’s got the brains, maybe the time machine is a possibility lol. After the jog we went out for ice cream. Nothing wrong with splurging a little. We’ll probably do the same tomorrow minus the ice cream lol

Have a good one friends.
(I'm good fun for them though, even if I'm a dork. It's all good. I own it :)) Yep. That's Geoffrey. He's our STEM kid. All that gifted school stuff. Also a darn good athlete so sounds like yours... the world is wide open to these kids that are blessed with such talents, and again, such a kind heart. Always so concerned about other's feelings. Love all my grandkids terribly but he holds a special place in my heart. Daughter was headed down THE worst path in high school (gave up a promising cross country career (that had some college coaches looking at her) for boys, booze and hard partying - I'd completely lost her). If you knew me, you'd know she didn't get that from me, or her father for that matter. Anyway, she gets pregnant in her senior year and drops all of it, including the rotten 'friends'. Complete turn around and put all the focus on finishing high school and doing the best for that baby. We got so close and remain that way to this day.

Between her and her brother it was hard to live through, but we came out on the other side in a positive way and they both lived through their experiences somehow.

I'm blessed. Have a great evening everyone.

Xelda

Reaction score
Good evening Pops and friends. AHAHAHA!!!! ksk has the flu! AHAHAHAHA. What? Am I the only one that thinks other people's flu is funny?
I meant to say so sorry to hear you're sick ksk.
Hope you get to feeling much better soon. Should I delete that other part? Nah, no ragrets*! *From the movie "We're The Millers".
Coach, you'd better clean the beach house up once you're sober or something like it. :cool:

Hey Colo, I went to Universal before the Harry Potter upgrade. I remember the first thing we rode was a roller coaster. I was leaning over looking for a good place to distribute my breakfast. I understand your thinking on the temperatures coming at you with a vengeance. That's what the south is about. The days have stopped greeting us kindly and started on the heat now. Today hit 90 I believe and going up tomorrow. The weather doesn't play nice around here for long.

Have a good evening all.

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
(I'm good fun for them though, even if I'm a dork. It's all good. I own it :)) Yep. That's Geoffrey. He's our STEM kid. All that gifted school stuff. Also a darn good athlete so sounds like yours... the world is wide open to these kids that are blessed with such talents, and again, such a kind heart. Always so concerned about other's feelings. Love all my grandkids terribly but he holds a special place in my heart. Daughter was headed down THE worst path in high school (gave up a promising cross country career (that had some college coaches looking at her) for boys, booze and hard partying - I'd completely lost her). If you knew me, you'd know she didn't get that from me, or her father for that matter. Anyway, she gets pregnant in her senior year and drops all of it, including the rotten 'friends'. Complete turn around and put all the focus on finishing high school and doing the best for that baby. We got so close and remain that way to this day.

Between her and her brother it was hard to live through, but we came out on the other side in a positive way and they both lived through their experiences somehow.

I'm blessed. Have a great evening everyone.

Blessed indeed.

Our 3 kids were born within 4 years so we were raising 3 teenagers at the same time. There were times I remember wishing I could fast forward them from 15 to 20 lol. They learn like we did and hind sight there’s not much we would change if anything.

I was watching the news while ago. Tornadoes are creating havoc. I feel bad everyone having to put up with that kind of weather. Be safe everyone.

I was raised up in the Texas panhandle until age 13. We never got hit with a tornado but many times we went to a storm cellar until the warning passed.

kskboys

Reaction score
Good evening Pops and friends. AHAHAHA!!!! ksk has the flu! AHAHAHAHA. What? Am I the only one that thinks other people's flu is funny?
I meant to say so sorry to hear you're sick ksk.
Hope you get to feeling much better soon. Should I delete that other part? Nah, no ragrets*! *From the movie "We're The Millers".

Coach, you'd better clean the beach house up once you're sober or something like it. :cool:

Hey Colo, I went to Universal before the Harry Potter upgrade. I remember the first thing we rode was a roller coaster. I was leaning over looking for a good place to distribute my breakfast. I understand your thinking on the temperatures coming at you with a vengeance. That's what the south is about. The days have stopped greeting us kindly and started on the heat now. Today hit 90 I believe and going up tomorrow. The weather doesn't play nice around here for long.

Have a good evening all.
I am here for your entertainment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to any and all who decide to stop in and visit the thread today.

Thursday is here so we are close folks! Hope everybody is safe and sound today, was watching the news on the Twisters and I gotta say, I don't miss that at all. We occasionally have the odd twister here in NM but by and large, they are not a problem. Not like living in Tornado Ally or in the Midwest. Man, I feel for those folks.

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John, Jan, Corso and Colo, hope you all are enjoying the day. Almost to the weekend!

Everybody, have a great day!

Xelda

Reaction score
Afternoon Pops and friends. It's hot here. I want a spring do over. I hope all are safe after the storms. Tornadoes are just miserable varmints that should be outlawed.
I am here for your entertainment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And you're a good source of entertainment too! I'm sorry ksk, I should have put me down for a nap instead of getting in CZ all loopy and announcing my amusement at your suffering. I'd still find it funny, but I wouldn't put my twisted sense of humor on display.
I want the job where you push scared skydivers out of planes.
That would have to be one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers EVER! You'd probably push your pillows off the bed in your sleep and wake up with a stiff neck, but I think that's a small price to pay for having such a great job. :thumbup:
I want to take selfies with them as they're being pushed.
Not as much fun as Street's job, but great source material for many many many laughs. You'd probably wake yourself up laughing. :lmao:
Perhaps there are two openings....
:eek: Oh Lord!
Oooooohhhhhhhhhh, so much material that cannot be used in this reply!!!!!!!!!!!!
:facepalm: