FEATURED Morning Pops!

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good morning Pops and Friends,

The sun came up this morning as usual, the cats still need attention and, most importantly, my wife still adores me .

A rather flippant response to a disappointing loss last night - life goes on!

Already looking forward to free agency and the draft.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It's not any different than the regular season. Our fans are an emotional bunch.
I have a pretty intimate relationship with the Bills, work related. Plus my entire family and this area are all nutty Bills fans. They got embarrassed and the fans are disappointed, but already talking about next year. Ours, Just a mess :laugh:
Those are the people you talk to in person, I assume. Have you checked out any Bills fan forums? I imagine the anonymity would give them the same "I'll cry and be an idiot" attitude we get here.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Those are the people you talk to in person, I assume. Have you checked out any Bills fan forums? I imagine the anonymity would give them the same "I'll cry and be an idiot" attitude we get here.
I have. It's not as doom & gloom. Not the billion threads about trading Dak. It's fairly clear that Allen played a bigger part in their loss than our QB. To be fair, I don't go that deep, but it's different.

Xelda

Reaction score
Good afternoon Pops and Popsadoodles. I learned something about myself yesterday. If I eat during our games, which I normally don't, I turn into a wood chipper. Also I should not have changed channels during a commercial. We had the ball and when I flipped back some random 49er is running at top speed the other direction. Before I could start screaming, I realized it was one of those infernal flash backs. I take pride in the fact that our team didn't quit until that last what on earth play. I think we should leave Kellen Moore in California. Ultimately, we will survive as Jerry Jones uses his crazy centrifugal force of fandom to keep us hanging on.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I predicted a win based on the intangibles and how last season went down and I was wrong but other than Diggs, including Prescott, no one mailed it in, they fought hard. Saw a report by Stacey Dales. who was in the locker room after the game, and said some of the DB's were crying and had to be consoled. So much for my statement that the fans care more than the players.

The biggest news of the day is the tweet the DC com account sent out after the game "Dak gave the game away", methinks there might be trouble in paradise. He had already accepted 100% of the heat for that game and someone on the account sends that out?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I predicted a win based on the intangibles and how last season went down and I was wrong but other than Diggs, including Prescott, no one mailed it in, they fought hard. Saw a report by Stacey Dales. who was in the locker room after the game, and said some of the DB's were crying and had to be consoled. So much for my statement that the fans care more than the players.

The biggest news of the day is the tweet the DC com account sent out after the game "Dak gave the game away", methinks there might be trouble in paradise. He had already accepted 100% of the heat for that game and someone on the account sends that out?
I don't think The team was the same after the half. They looked slow and defeated. Not that it's true, but even Parsons looked unenergized by the importance of the game.
I can name 2-3 players that came to play the entire game. Lamb, Pollard until he got injured and Lawrence. Everyone else was just ok to disappointing.

Edit: The Teams Twitter release was just par for the course. Put all of the blame on the QB when there wasn't any support otherwise. Lazy analysis.
I don't think thinks should always be homerific, but to not be aware of the list of problems is astounding to me. It's bad enough we have fans who just repeat the same talking points with no effort.
I dunno

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I don't think The team was the same after the half. They looked slow and defeated. Not that it's true, but even Parsons looked unenergized by the importance of the game.
I can name 2-3 players that came to play the entire game. Lamb, Pollard until he got injured and Lawrence. Everyone else was just ok to disappointing.

Edit: The Teams Twitter release was just par for the course. Put all of the blame on the QB when there wasn't any support otherwise. Lazy analysis.
I don't think thinks should always be homerific, but to not be aware of the list of problems is astounding to me. It's bad enough we have fans who just repeat the same talking points with no effort.
I dunno
Also I think Turpin was very good for us.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

That's probably the only reason they had the balls to tweet that. If he claims responsibility, how can they be flamed for saying it?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Morning pops & friends.
I've been reluctant to bring this up and vent, mainly because I don't like to talk about myself a whole lot. For the last 2 months I've been in & out of the hospital, Dr.s offices, labs, pharmacies etc. Started out a few years ago, though I never took signs seriously. I've always had joint pain and got used to it until it got so bad I couldn't walk or move. I chalked it up as carpal tunnel and "sucked it up." Fast forward to a couple months ago, and my entire body had a flare up. I looked exactly how you would imagine a burn victim to look like. Superhuman psoriasis. I went to the Dr.s despite my ridiculous stubbornness and got bloodwork done. Turns out I have an extremely advanced and severe case of Rheumatoid Arthritis. In which, I knew nothing about, other than assuming it was just arthritis. It's an inflammatory autoimmune disease that encompasses all the symptoms. It's been trial & error with medications, topical ointments, diets, lifestyle and environment. The good news is we know what it is and they're advanced these days to not allow it to get so bad your bones fuse, which is exactly what I found on my "Med MD" google searches that scared the crap out of me. So, it will be a livable situation, but it's not going away. Kind of a kick in the junk considering I've always been healthy and I'm not even 50 yet. Frustrating and defeating. But I took this serious and head on and am proud to be a part of the solution. There's a lot you have to change, some work, some don't. They know so little about it that it's hard to remedy because everyone is different.
So if anyone has any experience with this, feel free to reach out. I know of no one that has this.
And, I have a healthy liver? That was a shocker.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

That tweet is basically just mimicking what Dak said. I certainly didn’t read anything more into it.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning pops & friends.
I've been reluctant to bring this up and vent, mainly because I don't like to talk about myself a whole lot. For the last 2 months I've been in & out of the hospital, Dr.s offices, labs, pharmacies etc. Started out a few years ago, though I never took signs seriously. I've always had joint pain and got used to it until it got so bad I couldn't walk or move. I chalked it up as carpal tunnel and "sucked it up." Fast forward to a couple months ago, and my entire body had a flare up. I looked exactly how you would imagine a burn victim to look like. Superhuman psoriasis. I went to the Dr.s despite my ridiculous stubbornness and got bloodwork done. Turns out I have an extremely advanced and severe case of Rheumatoid Arthritis. In which, I knew nothing about, other than assuming it was just arthritis. It's an inflammatory autoimmune disease that encompasses all the symptoms. It's been trial & error with medications, topical ointments, diets, lifestyle and environment. The good news is we know what it is and they're advanced these days to not allow it to get so bad your bones fuse, which is exactly what I found on my "Med MD" google searches that scared the crap out of me. So, it will be a livable situation, but it's not going away. Kind of a kick in the junk considering I've always been healthy and I'm not even 50 yet. Frustrating and defeating. But I took this serious and head on and am proud to be a part of the solution. There's a lot you have to change, some work, some don't. They know so little about it that it's hard to remedy because everyone is different.
So if anyone has any experience with this, feel free to reach out. I know of no one that has this.
G, my Mom had that and kept it under control with meds and she lived to be 90. I do not know what they found that worked but it did.

I agree with your optimism, at least they've identified it so they can treat it. I am sure it is frustrating but defeating? Aw hell no, not for you.

About that "MED MD" and "WEB MD", you put sniffles in there and it's time to make out your will. My doc told me it's that way to get people to a doc, they scare the hell out of them but most of the guys I know need that.

We are raised to rub a little dirt on it and get back in the game. Even with our feelings. And too often we bury them in that dirt.

Good thoughts for you, my friend, that they find the right treatment quickly.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
G, my Mom had that and kept it under control with meds and she lived to be 90. I do not know what they found that worked but it did.

I agree with your optimism, at least they've identified it so they can treat it. I am sure it is frustrating but defeating? Aw hell no, not for you.

About that "MED MD" and "WEB MD", you put sniffles in there and it's time to make out your will. My doc told me it's that way to get people to a doc, they scare the hell out of them but most of the guys I know need that.

We are raised to rub a little dirt on it and get back in the game. Even with our feelings. And too often we bury them in that dirt.

Good thoughts for you, my friend, that they find the right treatment quickly.
I appreciate you sir. Pretty scary about the unknown, but it certainly is about finding what works. Just uncomfortable and frustrating.

I mean, a man of my stature.......

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Morning pops & friends.
Oh man, that sucks, brother! I'm glad your liver is good though!

Is this something in which the symptoms come and go?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Oh man, that sucks, brother! I'm glad your liver is good though!

Is this something in which the symptoms come and go?
It is, but my particular case is progressing quickly. My Rheumatologist said it was one of the worst cases she's seen. Not exactly encouraging, but it did help explain a lot and i'm learning as I go along.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It is, but my particular case is progressing quickly. My Rheumatologist said it was one of the worst cases she's seen. Not exactly encouraging, but it did help explain a lot and i'm learning as I go along.
Well obviously I wish you the absolute best of luck! A couple of other people here probably do too, but I'm not going to put words in anyone else's mouth.
:grin:

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Morning pops & friends.
@G2 sorry to hear about the diagnosis of rheumatoid arthritis... I hope you find solutions that allow you to live and enjoy life on your own terms. I have a close family friend that recently had a similar diagnosis. After a lot of different doctor visits, he has turned to homeopathy. It is still too early to say whether or not it is truly helping him but, if nothing else, he is in a better frame of mind.... watching this thread.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
@G2 sorry to hear about the diagnosis of rheumatoid arthritis... I hope you find solutions that allow you to live and enjoy life on your own terms. I have a close family friend that recently had a similar diagnosis. After a lot of different doctor visits, he has turned to homeopathy. It is still too early to say whether or not it is truly helping him but, if nothing else, he is in a better frame of mind.... watching this thread.
I appreciate the feedback friend, thank you.