FEATURED Morning Pops!

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good morning Pops and Howdy from Dallas Fort Worth Airport.

I am returning from my dive trip in Little Cayman and in the last 24 hours:

Cayman Airways managed to lose my dive bag on a 20 minute flight from Little Cayman to Grand Cayman. Lesson learned - seeking guidance or assistance from customer service reps who simply don't care is futile.

American Airlines canceled one flight and seriously delayed another resulting in an unplanned overnight in DFW area. Lesson learned - seeking guidance or assistance from customer service reps who simply don't care is futile.

My final destination airport in Montana is facing closure due to winter weather conditions. Lesson learned - seeking guidance or assistance from customer service reps who simply don't care is futile.

Good thing the diving was spectacular, otherwise I might be grumpy

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Cayman Airways managed to lose my dive bag on a 20 minute flight from Little Cayman to Grand Cayman. Lesson learned - seeking guidance or assistance from customer service reps who simply don't care is futile.

American Airlines canceled one flight and seriously delayed another resulting in an unplanned overnight in DFW area. Lesson learned - seeking guidance or assistance from customer service reps who simply don't care is futile.

My final destination airport in Montana is facing closure due to winter weather conditions. Lesson learned - seeking guidance or assistance from customer service reps who simply don't care is futile.

Good to have you back but tell me, my friend, did you learn any lessons while away?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Some people never learn!

Xelda

Reaction score
I'm back and pain pill free Pops and Popsadoodles! Let me tell you, I've been on some trips myself. The only thing I learned though was those were good pills. I had some of my usual dreams but with a twist, I would make friends with the bad guy. Should I tell my long time friend that my new friend is planning to rob her? Yep, weird stuff. Why is weird spelled this way? It's I before E except after C or sounding like A as in neighbors and weigh. I will ponder this later, when I'm bored.

I hope everyone is doing well and Montanalo plus luggage made it home safely.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I'm back and pain pill free Pops and Popsadoodles! Let me tell you, I've been on some trips myself. The only thing I learned though was those were good pills. I had some of my usual dreams but with a twist, I would make friends with the bad guy. Should I tell my long time friend that my new friend is planning to rob her? Yep, weird stuff. Why is weird spelled this way? It's I before E except after C or sounding like A as in neighbors and weigh. I will ponder this later, when I'm bored.

Yeah, I always found it ironic that "weird" had an unusual spelling.

I'm glad you were able to stop the pain pills without issue! Whenever a doctor prescribes them, I take them as little as I can, just to make sure I don't end up with a problem. That would be more impressive if they were my prescriptions.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score

The English language was created by mostly clowns.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Welcome back and congratulations on breaking the pain med cycle.

My luggage showed up partially opened and the only thing missing was an insoluted water bottle. $2000 worth of dive equipment and an assortment of obnoxious Hawaiian shirts and $20 water bottle from Cabella's is missing. The mysteries of life.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Everytime I come back to this thread I am amazed ...... My little sister also died in 2009 so I try to stay away from this thread more than I should.

Anyway Good morning Pop's
Sorry for your loss and it is only natural that we seek to avoid that which brings us pain but within the pain is the opportunity for more healing. We want the wound to scab over but sometimes it does not heal beneath that scab, it just waits for the scab to come off, sometimes ripped off. Healing not only takes time it takes energy from us, it can become inert without our diligence.

I lost my wife in 2011 and I know without a doubt, I was drawn to this thread like it was a pool of crystal clear healing water to drink from when I needed it. In fact, I think I came to this site in order to come to this thread and it is a place where I can bring my fears and pain and feel comforted. No judgment here, just love for those who need it.

zrinkill, I cannot explain it but there is a definite magical quality to Pops' Morning thread and I am so grateful that someone who knew him well started this and I wish I had known the man but I feel I do know something about the spirit of the man through his thread and the friends that knew him.

This thread is like Motel 6's claim, the light is always on in here.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Welcome back, missed you and your dreams.

What other word would you expect to be spelled weirdly than weird?