Morris Claiborne had a great game

kevm3

Reaction score
Corners take a while to get in their groove. You don't really start to see what they do until around the time their second contract comes around. It was that way with Scandrick... we didn't hear about Josh Norman until the end of his 1st contract, and now it's that way with Claiborne.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
Mo has generally been good in man coverage. It's zone coverage in which he's struggled. He seems to be improving in zone.

Falco78

Reaction score
He did not play well in coverage.

BTW, if Durant doesn't jump that pass it's an easy completion to Garcon because Mo was slow in recovering getting shook of the line again (grabbed Garcon's jersey again).
I can't really agree he was pretty solid all day even with the complete lack of a pass rush

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
I would consider locking up Cliaborne now with Carr in his final year and Scandrick possibly peaking as a player.

reddyuta

Reaction score
He was Ok.a better QB would have killed him.I dont know how Cousins missed Garcon so badly in the end zone when Mo fell down.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
No, he actually wasn't. You hear the broadcaster saying "Mo looks different" and your assuming he's playing great. He got flagged for holding because of poor technique and should have gotten called for at least two other ones.

I'd wager money when PFF comes out with its coverage statistics it'll show Mo's giving up catches at a high percentage.

We're starting to play more zone this year than last year. I thought he had some mishaps, but didn't do much positive or negative outside of tackling with authority for once in his life.

The good thing is that he's progressing. I could see him developing into a solid, but unspectacular starter. One of those guys labeled a 'bust', but certainly a capable player.

YR

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
We're starting to play more zone this year than last year. I thought he had some mishaps, but didn't do much positive or negative outside of tackling with authority for once in his life.

The good thing is that he's progressing. I could see him developing into a solid, but unspectacular starter. One of those guys labeled a 'bust', but certainly a capable player.

YR

That's exactly what I'm seeing, a corner with ceiling of being a solid corner. When he starts breaking on some balls and not giving up quick slants with regularity I'll hop on board.

I think a lot of folks' analysis starts and ends with the bottomline of whether a pass was completed or not. Mo's benefitted from a lot of poor throws early this season (yet he'll still celebrate waving his arms as if he was the reason behind the incompletion). I'll give you a few examples.

1. In the Commanders game (score 20-20, IIRC), Garcon ran a simple curl in the endzone and Claiborne was completely dunzo failing to mirror his receiver as he (Garcon) took the route back to front of the endzone. Claiborne clearly grabbed a handful of Garcon's jersey conceding the penalty to avoid giving up the easy TD. Amazingly, the refs failed to throw the flag and only a horrible Cousins' pass (right at Garcon's feet) prevented the score.

2. The previously mentioned play in which Durant jumped the route saving Claiborne.

3. In the Giants game, Beckham badly beat Claiborne on a deep fade but overthrew him.
http://makeagif.com/qmtB4y

I'm looking at one-on-one matchups and how he's covering these receivers. I just have a hard time saying he's playing "well." Comparatively, I think Norman played "well."

Last edited:

CWR

Reaction score
Be careful there were alot of baby cries when we resigned him.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
I was told Pacman was too small and sucked and that Newman was a slow wash out..

You liars.

In Claiborne I trust.

waving monkey

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind Hardy coming back. It takes alot for me to say that. I know he was late for meetings but it's as important not to be late to the QB either during games. I don't like those kind of late guys either.
Boo Hiss

CWR

Reaction score
I would consider locking up Cliaborne now with Carr in his final year and Scandrick possibly peaking as a player.

Consider it, but at what cost? It would be hard to figure out his market value now.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
It's pretty rude and ignorant to tell someone they are clueless to football. I mean who are you to set a standard of knowledge? You're a nobody like the rest of us. Guys like you get smacked in the mouth.

I'll be your huckleberry

Don't try to turn your own hard knock lessons you had to be taught in life with something you'd actually do. You're the receiver, not the giver. Stay off the keyboard and tuck tail as you've done your whole life.

nelr4.jpg

CWR

Reaction score
What's the over/under that at some point this year Mo makes the "Top 10 Burn Rate" folks will say it's a crappy metric and the numbers can't be trusted?

Mo clearly has improved. But I wouldnt put that past him. I cant ignore hx.

DenCWBY

Reaction score
They need to go ahead and extend him.
Too early. I have been one of his biggest critics and have seen noticeable improvement in tackling and coverage but let's see him play a few more games at least. Let's see him play effective and stay healthy at least for another 6 games. He owes the team that at least.