Mort: Cowboys expect to trade Romo to Texans or Broncos ***MERGE***

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
What amazes me is that the Broncos somehow can sign anybody they want to, and they always have cap space to keep doing it. It boggles my mind. Yet we are always scraping pennies together.
That's not true. They lost defensive players after the Super Bowl and have gone patchwork at offensive line.

People also ignore that we are paying an awful lot of talent including until we trade Romo a qb.

TonyS

Reaction score
So Jerry really is a genius...

giphy.gif

No, I think Stephen has more to do with this, even though he said he'd stay out of it originally. I can hear the conversation now.

Stephen: "Dad. I mean Jerry. Sorry about that"
Jerry: "Yeah Stephen, you're blocking The Voice, get this over with."
Stephen: "I know you love Tony more than you love me and want to do right by the son you never had."
Jerry: "That's correct."
Stephen: "I'll let you get back to The Voice if you just agree that Tony and I will work on a plan that gets him where he wants to go and gets us some draft picks."
Jerry: "Are you saying that we can do right by Tony and the Cowboys? I didn't think about that."
Stephen: "Yes, sir"
Jerry: "Well ok, go work with Tony, but if we have to choose, do right by Tony, ya hear me?"
Stephen: "Yes, sir"

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
people drawing war and peace conclusions from 140 character twitters is also a thing. people need to calm down at times and not pretend everything read is a final decision, much less true.

Every media outlet on TV, Twitter, and radio were reporting that he would be waived because Jerry thought that was the right thing to do.

MEanwhile the fans have been up in arms asking what is wrong with Jerry Jones once again putting his ego and his feelings ahead of what is best for the Dallas Cowboys.

Romo is the best trade asset we've had in years and the media is reporting we're just going to cut him? Outrage is definitely in order at those reports.

Aven8

Reaction score
If we get a great trade in our favor it will be from Houston.

I don't think Denver would be as desperate as Houston SHOULD be.

McNair would want nothing nore then to win a SB with Romo when Jerry couldn't! Whew that would be a low blow!

rambo2

Reaction score
Ian lol
Ian just said that the Cowboys say that Romo was never going to be released and that they don't have to do anything today.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Clowney for romo straight up. LOL. In all fairness, ill take their first rounder. Or even second rounder

I campaigned for a Clowney trade before the season... That ship has sailed after this year.

MrPhil

Reaction score
So Jerry really is a genius...

giphy.gif

Or, he is lucky, or he is both.

Romo's base salary in 2017 is $14M so any trade partner would have to pick that up or renegotiate it.

Houston and Denver likely gambled that they could get Romo for less than $14M once he was released.

Then Glennon got a contract for $14.5M and the price of QB poker immediately went up.

The question is, did it go up enough to where its now cheaper to trade for Romo's $14M salary?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I campaigned for a Clowney trade before the season... That ship has sailed after this year.

I'm not so sure. They're in good cap shape today, but they've got some big contracts to pay...

DFWJC

Reaction score
Rapoport just said on NFLnw that he just got off the phone with someone in the Cowboys organization who made it sound like if nothing is done today that's fine....that Dallas is willing to wait if needed, for a trade or to waive him. He said Romo would not be a Cowboy this season though.

I think if they waited longer before the waiver--if no luck trading him--it would appease some of the masses more.

It's crazy season, folks.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Rapaport on NFL Network just said his Cowboy source said Romo was never going to be waived even though they told him yesterday that they would. They are switching over to a business decision now and are content to sit back and wait for a market to develop. He said they still do not expect for him to be a Cowboy but they want to wait for a trade since he has no contract issues forcing a release.