Mort: Cowboys expect to trade Romo to Texans or Broncos ***MERGE***

Rockdoc

Reaction score
How can the Texans be so sure that romo will be cut? Risky to make a deal like they did without really knowing more imo

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Simply put, Jerry lacks the stones to do the right thing for the Cowboys which is to tell the league, including Romo, that there will be no release.

Trade, backup or retire. There are your options.

And watch the trade market develop then.

Simply put many people struggle to keep up with an evolving ambiguous situation and instead stay with one simple narrative instead.

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
Here's what we know: Denver and Houston both fancy themselves as contenders if they had a good QB. The only two QBs out there who are starting worthy are Tony Romo and Jay Cutler. If I'm either of those teams, I don't want to be the one who ends up with Cutler, cause you're not winning anything with them.

NumOneQB

Reaction score
Man, I hope Jerruh doesn't screw this up. He's got the upper hand here on both teams. Anxiously awaiting what comes down the pipe....

willia451

Reaction score
How can the Texans be so sure that romo will be cut? Risky to make a deal like they did without really knowing more imo
JERRY-JONES-WORLDS-BEST-GENERAL-MANAGER-DALLAS-COWBOYS.png

okstateCowboy

Reaction score
Romo's goodbye/thanks video and the Texans dropping Osweiler on Cleveland's doorstep has me optimistic that the Cowboys and Texans have a deal in place..maybe just working out the renegotiation of Romo's deal.

These are my thoughts. My fear is that Houston signs Cutler on the cheap.

the_h0wey

Reaction score
Here's what we know: Denver and Houston both fancy themselves as contenders if they had a good QB. The only two QBs out there who are starting worthy are Tony Romo and Jay Cutler. If I'm either of those teams, I don't want to be the one who ends up with Cutler, cause you're not winning anything with them.
Think Denver had enough of Cutler the first go around

JohnsKey19

Reaction score

Easy. They were aware of Jerry's conversation with Tony. Probably got the message thru Tonys agent. Knowing Jerry's relationship with Tony, Houston felt pretty confident Jerry would not renege on that agreement. The monkey wrench in this thing is Stephen apparently convinced Jerry to hold tight, but we'll see for how long.

canters

Reaction score
Hopefully they are working on the details and we did not blow this.