Mort: Cowboys expect to trade Romo to Texans or Broncos ***MERGE***

AmericasTeam81

Reaction score

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
Yes, the full spectrum has been on display.
Fish is saying Jerry called Mort about possible trade situations to create a false narrative about Bronco and Texan interest in a trade scenario with the hopes of creating one.

He thinks it is dangerous to yank Romo around after making a gentlemans deal to release Romo yesterday.

Just passing it along!
https://www.facebook.com/1053thefan/videos/10155023055508290/&show_text=0&width=400
Key words were I believe.

dagreat1_87

Reaction score
Fish is saying Jerry called Mort about possible trade situations to create a false narrative about Bronco and Texan interest in a trade scenario with the hopes of creating one.

He thinks it is dangerous to yank Romo around after making a gentlemans deal to release Romo yesterday.

Just passing it along!
https://www.facebook.com/1053thefan/videos/10155023055508290/&show_text=0&width=400
If he is a cowboys insider, why is he giving info that would hurt the cowboys chances of a trade? Really don't get this guy

Sydla

Reaction score
Look, I get that some don't want to play hardball here with Romo, but the Jones' obligation is to the Cowboys first, not Romo. Romo has pocketed tens of millions of Jones' dollars. If the Cowboys want to wait out a few days or weeks to see if someone blinks, Romo should not have a problem with that.

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
Wrong.

If he retires, it's the same as being cut.............. we get $5.1MM in cap relief.

Oh, well thats better than $14 mil cap relief if he's a june 1 cut or a trade for picks.

Bring on the $5 mil then! wooo...best deal out there!

Again...he can threaten to retire.

Some people's kids...

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Mike Fisher = Chris Cuomo or a Don Lemon

#veryfakenews
Fish needs to stick to the Mavs. He actually has connections there. Appears he gets desperate with the Cowboys and tries to make it appear he does. I'm sure he would love to get a "premium" site up with them.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oh, well thats better than $14 mil cap relief if he's a june 1 cut or a trade for picks.

Some people's kids...

Like the ones who spout things without knowing what they're talking about?

Those "people's kids"?

:facepalm:

Sydla

Reaction score
Let's note that you are dealing with an organization in Houston that was dumb enough to give Osweiler the deal they did to begin with.

There is nothing rational about them.

Sydla

Reaction score

Some people's kids...

LOL. First, let's point out that you were the one who was clearly wrong when you said they got no cap relief if he retires.

Second, you can't use the cap relief from a June 1 cut until after June 1.

So again, Romo has no real leverage here. If he retires it's the same cap relief they would get if they traded him or just made him a regular cut.

So to reiterate. You were wrong.

Sydla

Reaction score
One thing I hope didn't happen. I hope Romo didn't release that good bye video to try to push the Cowboys' hand here and bring a quick resolution (read, cut) to this situation.

That would be pretty weak on Romo's part if true.

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
LOL. First, let's point out that you were the one who was clearly wrong when you said they got no cap relief if he retires.

Second, you can't use the cap relief from a June 1 cut until after June 1.

So again, Romo has no real leverage here. If he retires it's the same cap relief they would get if they traded him or just made him a regular cut.

So to reiterate. You were wrong.

Cant help you there...I dont pay attention to a decision that would accelerate dead money. "Hey, lets give ourselves $20 million in dead money this year, sounds like a smart deal". Ya, no. Actually, I dont even consider that an option. For $5 mil, you would just keep Tony.

Sydla

Reaction score
Cant help you there...I dont pay attention to a decision that would accelerate dead money. "Hey, lets give ourselves $20 million in dead money this year, sounds like a smart deal". Ya, no. Actually, I dont even consider that an option. For $5 mil, you would just keep Tony.

Let's note that you now are shifting the argument. First, you were wrong when you said there was no cap relief if he retires. Now you've moved on to trying to argue which cut method is better.

LOL.

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
If the team isn't going to spend on any real FAs and they can absorb the hit, why not take the full hit this year and then be totally free of Romo in 2018 as opposed to having to shove $10MM or so of dead money into 2018?

So to reiterate a third time. You were wrong when you claimed Romo retiring would result in no cap savings.

No legit cap savings...$5 mil is a spit in the bucket.

3%...whew, so I discounted 3%

Sydla

Reaction score
No legit cap savings...$5 mil is a spit in the bucket.

3%...whew, so I discounted 3%

Oh so now it's no "legit" cap savings. LOL.

We all can see you were wrong with your first statement. No need to continue to try to argue otherwise.

And FWIW, Romo isn't retiring. He's been adamant about playing again. He's not going to retire to throw a hissy fit.