Mort: Cowboys expect to trade Romo to Texans or Broncos ***MERGE***

Cowboys22

Reaction score
If this was all created by Jerry, then he needs to kick it up a notch. He needs to float the idea of an upcoming meeting with Dak and Romo to find a way to keep both for the upcoming season. He needs to do something to change the narrative that there is no way Romo will be a Cowboy next year.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I don't compare him to most. I compare him to other pro football players but there isn't a huge difference in the common causes of chronic LBP in young people.

I understand what you're saying. But you're not simply making a comparison between Romo and average Joe with back pain and stopping there.
This discussion is about whether Romo can continue to play with that back pain and take the pounding an NFL quarterback (not an average Joe) takes. And that's where the comparisons fall short. The average Joe with back pain isn't getting hit by 250-300 lb linemen. Romo is and is hoping to continue maintaining his health. So that's a significant factor in this discussion.

Broges74

JerryJonesMustGo
Reaction score
Man... Jerry better come away with SOMETHING from Romo... Houston and Denver are stupid not to pony up a 4th or better. They want to wait it out? Jerry DONT BLINK!

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Kristi Scales today spoke about how Romo has bravely and resourcefully managed his back issues...and this goes above and beyond the injury in Seattle.

He's had sciatica during games. He's had (at least) 3 back surgeries.

He still has one chronic issue (the disc) and it still happened after the extension.

I still laugh when people refer ti the cyst, as if it is anything.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
If this was all created by Jerry, then he needs to kick it up a notch. He needs to float the idea of an upcoming meeting with Dak and Romo to find a way to keep both for the upcoming season. He needs to do something to change the narrative that there is no way Romo will be a Cowboy next year.

LOL! Teams will see through that like a transparent bikini on a swimsuit model.

Sydla

Reaction score
LOL! Teams will see through that like a transparent bikini on a swimsuit model.

Teams thought he would have been cut yesterday afternoon. Every day you hold him and make statements that you are contemplating keeping him, the more doubt creeps into Houston and Denver. They are the one's bluffing when they try to claim they are fine with Simien and Savage leading teams that have playoff aspirations.

John813

Reaction score
Anyone know if Jerry will be on the radio today?

Hope he has some Johnny walker beforehand so we can get some real cryptic quotes.

Broges74

JerryJonesMustGo
Reaction score
I'd be fine with Romo on the roster. Screw both Houston and Denver if they don't give something for a guy that makes them SB favorites in the AFC. Why are teams acting like Romo has no value? Because they think JJ is a joke of a GM. Time to pay up and finish 4th in your own division...

Romo in Houston with DeAndre Hopkins, Will Fuller and Miller.
Romo in Denver with Emanuel Sanders, Demaryius Thomas and RB by committee.

Both with top tier defenses and both needing a top QB?

Romo with no value? PLEASE take that crap elsewhere.

dallasfan4lizife

Reaction score
If a trade hasn't happened by now, it probably won't happen for a longgggggg time.

The plan will still be to release him I'm sure.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
Teams thought he would have been cut yesterday afternoon. Every day you hold him and make statements that you are contemplating keeping him, the more doubt creeps into Houston and Denver. They are the one's bluffing when they try to claim they are fine with Simien and Savage leading teams that have playoff aspirations.
Yeah and the options outside of Romo potentially dwindle. Houston and Denver fans are hilarious. No no no we shouldn't trade for him. But Jerry is being mean to Romo by not releasing him so we can have him for free. And their media lapdogs basically say the same thing. The second he's released they're going to be banging down his door. But they have no interest in trading for him and they like their QB.

Broges74

JerryJonesMustGo
Reaction score
Jerry: "Here Houston/Denver, take the best QB on our roster and would immediately become the best QB on your roster. Better yet, take him for free because I'm a nice guy and want to see you guys beat us in the Superbowl!".

Screw that.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Man... Jerry better come away with SOMETHING from Romo... Houston and Denver are stupid not to pony up a 4th or better. They want to wait it out? Jerry DONT BLINK!
Partly may depend on if wants the extra 8.9 mil in cap space for 2017 (would still be paid in 2018) that you get with a waiver. Is that worth more than a 4th or 5th rounder....may be his decision point.

btw, I don't see Denver trading for Romo at all. But maybe Houston.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Another thing that I don't see anyone commenting on is how the Cowboy's podcast shows were scheduled to air just before FA started but now are back in silent mode. Stephen is their boss and I think he was most certainly behind that schedule while he and Will McClay are masterminding this Romo situation. They don't need these "insiders" possibly accidently leaking any info outside the walls of the STAR.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Another thing that I don't see anyone commenting on is how the Cowboy's podcast shows were scheduled to air just before FA started but now are back in silent mode. Stephen is their boss and I think he was most certainly behind that schedule while he and Will McClay are masterminding this Romo situation. They don't need these "insiders" possibly accidently leaking any info outside the walls of the STAR.

Dang it, I must have missed when Jerry gave up both ownership and GM of the Dallas Cowboys...

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
Partly may depend on if wants the extra 8.9 mil in cap space for 2017 (would still be paid in 2018) that you get with a waiver. Is that worth more than a 4th or 5th rounder....may be his decision point.

btw, I don't see Denver trading for Romo at all. But maybe Houston.

This is what Denver is banking on. It takes 2 to get a trade going. If Denver says no interest in trading, then all Houston has to do is feel like they could easily get him over Denver as a FA...and then no one wants to trade.

tyke1doe

Reaction score

Correction: the MEDIA thought he would be cut yesterday.
In truth, I doubt very seriously the Cowboys had planned to cut Romo the start of free agency. They let that information get leaked out.
Make no mistake about it (and I'm a former reporter who has gotten played), teams know what they're doing. They'll float trial balloons to the media just as the media will run with those trial balloons - especially in this day and age when it's all about information.

And teams pretty much knew the Cowboys wouldn't just give Romo away.

Folks think Jerry Jones is stupid. He may ramble when he gets a little Johnny in him, but he's not stupid nor did he make billions of dollars by being stupid.

And I agree with you, the Texans are definitely bluffing. They basically dug themselves a hole and showed their hand when they traded Osweiler. JJ Watts probably doesn't have too much left in the tank if his back doesn't hold up and they're prime for Super Bowl run. All they need is a near-elite or very good quarterback. And there are none of those left on the market except for Jay Cutler (who is a locker room cancer from reports) and Tony Romo, who is the ultimate teammate and better than Cutler.

The Texans' move yesterday have Romo written all over them. They just think Jerry's going to blink first. But they'd better not trust Jerry's drunk poker face. The man is no push over (finger's crossed). ;)

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
This is what Denver is banking on. It takes 2 to get a trade going. If Denver says no interest in trading, then all Houston has to do is feel like they could easily get him over Denver as a FA...and then no one wants to trade.

Do you really believe Houston and Denver are comfortable rolling into the 2017 season with Savage and Siemian / Lynch as their starting QBs respectively? Especially after how both teams' QB situations unfolded this past season?

highly doubtful, so there's Dallas' leverage