Mort: Cowboys expect to trade Romo to Texans or Broncos ***MERGE***

DFWJC

Reaction score
Shouldn't it cost their early 2nd and 3rd alone to get to 28? I believe that's the issue
Their 2nd and 3rd is worth about 130 points more than the 28th overall. Thats the same as a very late 3rd

Wolf2k5

Reaction score
Their 2nd and 3rd is worth about 100 points more than the 28th overall. Thats the same as an early 4th.

still. If you're going to accelerate that money, lost your player AND move back in the draft it doesn't seem worth it to me. Just June 1st cut if nobody comes a knocking after the draft and open up space to sign picks and hole fillers

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
Does thin air kill brain cells?

Romo has never been liked. Hes a very good QB but other fans just dont like him. I live in chicago and fans here dont want him either. Not that there was a chance of that. Its quite funny. Bears fans not wanting romo lol like theyve had montanas all these years...

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
So are they just keeping McCown in a waiting room, since he said he wouldn't sign with Dallas with Romo on the roster? Jones' secretary keeps telling him, "Mr. Jones will see you soon"?

rambo2

Reaction score
Value wise its about the same as trading Romo for an late 3rd or early 4th.
Fwiw
And I think that the draft picks have more value in this deep draft. Draft boards seem to be all over the place this year. It is hard to say where players are going to go. The Cowboys could draft 4 players that are good and ready to start.

mrmojo

Reaction score
Per NFLnw, the Denver newspaper had a poll of who the fans want.
Here are the results

80% Seimien
10% Lynch
6% Manniing back...lol
4% Romo
I live in 50/50 bronco/cowboy country and bronco fans are besides themselves that they may get Romo, it's been entertaining to say the least.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Does thin air kill brain cells?
The false narrative about him left a lasting impression on those who dont really pay attention.

There was someone on TV early in the week saying how he got all his numbers in 3 qtrs, then was terrible in the 4th.
Then he got corrected by 3 people all showing him the facts....that in close games late in the 4th and overtime, hes actually better than almost anyone. His stats actually get better.

Everyone has blunders, but his have always counted for more, and publicized more.
It is what it us.

Now, I think people are mostly worried about his health and reliability. Thats understandable.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Getting pretty obvious that whatever trade was or was not in the works has failed to materialize.

Cant believe a team will not even offer up a measly 6th rounder............they must really think Romo is a china doll and one hit takes him out.

Stupid arse Garrett should have played Romo the entire game against Philly, or at least the second half so teams could see that he could take a hit. We rushed him out there, had him run like 3 plays and then put him right back on the bench. Totally neutered any trade value he had.:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Wolf2k5

Reaction score
Getting pretty obvious that whatever trade was or was not in the works has failed to materialize.

Cant believe a team will not even offer up a measly 6th rounder............they must really think Romo is a china doll and one hit takes him out.

Stupid arse Garrett should have played Romo the entire game against Philly, or at least the second half so teams could see that he could take a hit. We rushed him out there, had him run like 3 plays and then put him right back on the bench. Totally neutered any trade value he had.:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

I mean, they probably have plenty of 6th round offers. Is a 6th rounder worth accelerating the cap hit to this year in full? I don't think so honestly. They will sit on him until a) something creates a need for a team to buy him for much more or b) June 1 cut time