Mort: Cowboys expect to trade Romo to Texans or Broncos ***MERGE***

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
What is the difference between next week and 4 weeks from now? What is your rush?

Romo probably wants to get to his new team as quick as possible, start learning the playbook, getting to know his teammates, maybe give his input on draft preparations, ect....

Jerry is not going to play hard ball and deny Romo this.....................that is why Jerry is not going to wait a month

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Professional courtesy

What's going to change four weeks from now?

Exactly............whats going to be different a month from now other than denying Romo a month of getting settled in with his new team?

Look, I get it........Fans don't think the team should do Romo any favors and we should just look out for ourselves and what benefits the team is what is most important here. Jerry is not wired like that, he is not going to do that to Romo, he just isn't.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I had surgery on the L5-S1 disc. I was 21 when I had the surgery. Disc had bulged after deterioration after taking a very hard hit to the lower back. Symptoms began has discomfort in the buttocks region that slowly, over time, spread down my thigh into my calf. Injury happed in November. I went through a year of injections and physical therapy. Had surgery the following December after meeting with a top doc. He said at my age, I was perfect for surgery. This was back in the mid-90s.

But I do recall him saying that given they didn't remove the entire disc, there was the possibility that I would experience some similar symptoms randomly the rest of my life. Which has happened. Maybe once a year or so, if I sleep wrong (or one time sitting on a 6 hour flight), I'll get some of the numbness/uncomfortable feeling in my left leg. But usually goes away in a day or so.

Sorry to hear. He was in there and saw what it looked like so he'd be best to give you a best guess. But that is anecdotal as is my case. You need to look at a thousand cases or more.

Patients may or may not be at risk for further sciatica. Adding in LBP just complicates things further.

Ken

Reaction score
the longer you hold on to him the more urgency could be created. im sorry gentlemens deal or not you can also man up and say tony i thought about it but at the end of the day i have to do whats right for the team and thats getting something for you. jones owes romo nothing, if anything romo should get it and i think he does.
And Tony would totally understand. I just don't want to inadvertently screw Tony out of a good opportunity or a chance to have a great year.

Verdict

Reaction score
I think we all know that the team is not going to carry Romo's cap hit of $24 million on the books for 2017. So this automatically brings a couple of facts to the forefront.

1. The teams in the league are not stupid, if we know Romo cant stay on the roster as is, they dam sure know it also.
2. Since teams know we are not going to keep Romo on the roster, there is very little incentive to trade for him.
3. Romo will only play for a very small group of teams, thus the potential market is very shallow with few trading partners
4. So the only incentive to trade would be to keep from having to outbids and teams would rather pay more $ than draft picks
5. Jerry has a very strong personal relationship with Romo and even called him a miracle one time, he is his adopted son
6. You are not going to jack around with your adopted son, meaning we are not going to hold Romo hostage till training camp

Ergo, that is our predicament. Honestly, I think Jerry works the phones over the weekend in one last attempt to trade Romo to a suitable team and if no team offers anything reasonable then I think Romo will get his release next week.

His cap hit is not as big of a factor as his salary is. His salary is really the only relevant factor because it is the only part of the cap hit that can actually change.

Sydla

Reaction score
Romo probably wants to get to his new team as quick as possible, start learning the playbook, getting to know his teammates, maybe give his input on draft preparations, ect....

Jerry is not going to play hard ball and deny Romo this.....................that is why Jerry is not going to wait a month

Then Jerry is making a mistake. Stop putting Romo above the franchise.

cml750

Reaction score
Will Romo reach a SB before Garrett? If he is traded to the right team with a good coach, I bet he does.

Sydla

Reaction score
Sorry to hear. He was in there and saw what it looked like so he'd be best to give you a best guess. But that is anecdotal as is my case. You need to look at a thousand cases or more.

Patients may or may not be at risk for further sciatica. Adding in LBP just complicates things further.

It's all good. Like I said, it's rare I get a quick bout of sciatica. And usually it's just a minor nuisance for no more than a day. Surgery was the best thing I did. Had the surgery in December, like I said, and I was walking about with no issues within a month and back playing golf by the summer.

mugsybows

Reaction score
And Tony would totally understand. I just don't want to inadvertently screw Tony out of a good opportunity or a chance to have a great year.
Tonys a vet, he'll have time to learn new systems and chances are the team he lands with probably will hold him out of preseason because of his back probs too.

DK30

Reaction score
Exactly............whats going to be different a month from now other than denying Romo a month of getting settled in with his new team?

Look, I get it........Fans don't think the team should do Romo any favors and we should just look out for ourselves and what benefits the team is what is most important here. Jerry is not wired like that, he is not going to do that to Romo, he just isn't.

Then Jerry shouldn't be a damn GM then. That's the sole purpose of a GM. Doing what's best for the TEAM.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
Ergo, that is our predicament. Honestly, I think Jerry works the phones over the weekend in one last attempt to trade Romo to a suitable team and if no team offers anything reasonable then I think Romo will get his release next week.
That's my guess, too. I think they try to trade him over the weekend, and if there is still no deal, then I think he's released early next week.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score

L9MVyUH.gif

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
Then Jerry shouldn't be a damn GM then. That's the sole purpose of a GM. Doing what's best for the TEAM.

To be fair, treating people fairly IS whats best for the team.

It got is a HUGE deal and good discount from T Smith, for example. Treating people poorly doesnt get you that deal.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

He's doing it right now. He could have released him yesterday. Nothing wrong with milking it a bit and hope we get lucky. He will cut him as soon as he knows a trade isn't happening. Could be tonight or next month. Most likely on a slow news day. Jerry loves the spotlight.